Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS !

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Crepulance

• 269 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

Seems there is a lot of ambiguity and misdirection of comments posted in the forums, and no singular place for people using any dose of Resveratrol to list their RESULTS! Well alas my minions, I have solved the famine with a mere quail egg. It is here. For all you avid users and inquirers of Resveratrol's 1st hand effects on HUMAN BEINGS, feel free to erupt freely with your RESULTS. We are specifically looking for FIRST HAND ACCOUNTS dealing with Resveratrol, specifically, which BRAND you are using, the daily DOSAGE, and any effects, positive or negative (hopefully the former) you have experienced throughout the process. Please state the duration you have been taking Resveratrol, and by all means, please keep us updated by journaling every so often your experiences and effects. Blood results, stamina, mental clarity, overall well being, etc. Please do NOT get sidetracked, and save all other Resveratrol discussion for the other forum topics. This is purely for RESULTS!! Have fun, and start popping those pills!!

#2 steelheader

• 106 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

Aside from my bald pate with a whitish fringe morphing into an IMPRESSIVE BLACK MANE and a MAGNIFICENT BODY bulging with muscles the most positive "RESULT!" is the LEVITATION! I'm applying my new found clarity of thought to planning a future course of action! Now that I can fly, should I buy a cape and apply my superpowers to fighting evil as RESVERATROL MAN?! Or should I exploit the resveratrol phenomena to make some SERIOUS MONEY!!!?

Edited by steelheader, 23 May 2008 - 02:59 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

Dunno man, I plan on cashing in on my pregnancy in some way. Resveratrol knocked me up, if I can't cash in on being a pregnant male, at least I can go after it for child support.

#4 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Or should I exploit the resveratrol phenomena to make some SERIOUS MONEY!!!?

If you do, please use the money to fix your keyboard. Apparently the shift key is occasionally getting stuck.

#5 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Steel....

Sell the 8% res stuff if you want to make serious money... it's cheap as all heck, and allows you to add the word "Resveratrol" in big 32 font bold letters to any supplement bottle!

Best of all, most of your expenses will be on the cool graphic designer you will hire for all your marketing materials! Who cares if it doesn't help anyone, the label says "Resveratrol", and it will sell millions!

:)
Marketing...I think that's got to be a part of the real phenomenon... that and how dozens of keyboards appear to be broken when writing about it's benefits...

Cheers!
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 23 May 2008 - 04:35 PM.

#6 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

Okay, we're off to a good start of keeping this forum strictly based for results only in that none of the past three or four comments had anything to do with results. I never understood why people took so much offense to putting certain words in all caps. We've adapted to put loud cars, air pollution and other such things in our periphery, but ALL CAPS?! Next, dare I say it, someone might underline things! Surely that's crossing a line. The time of varying text appearance for emphasis is no longer welcome here. We have evolved for millions of years bearing famine, drought and isolation, but we have now hit a wall, larger uniform letters. Anyway, now that we've put that aside, come on people! Results only! No marketing ideas. Well I supposed I must pioneer.

I've been taking for three days now. Longevinex. 100mg pills. 1 of them the first and second day, and 2 the third day. It could be psychosomatic, but I have to tell you I felt a ton of energy the first and second days. So much so that I worked out (which I'm not usually too eager to do). Also, I read somewhere else that a couple people had sharp pains in their stomach. Well, I didn't think about it at the time, but I realized that I believe it was day two, I did have a very sharp stomach pain for a few seconds. Was sharper than normal pains you get once in a blue moon, but haven't had since.

Also, I'd like to start taking 300mg a day, which seems to be the general mean I am finding on these boards, but longevinex is soooo effing expensive. I'd use a month's supply in ten days since they only give you 100mg pills. But from what I read they have the most trustworthy packaging to not compromise the resveratrol. If anyone has any new breakthroughs about companies with equally good packaging and legitimacy but cheaper, please post. Okay that's all. TAKE CARE FELLOW POSTERS!! :-D

#7 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:41 AM

Anthony, how are you doing? Had a question for you specifically. Are the RevGenetics resveratrol pills packaged in an o2 free environment, and use light protective materials to protect the resveratrol? Also, what is the percentage of T res in the pills? Would be interested in learning your daily routine with the pills. Thanks!

Crep

#8 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

Okay, we're off to a good start of keeping this forum strictly based for results only in that none of the past three or four comments had anything to do with results. I never understood why people took so much offense to putting certain words in all caps. We've adapted to put loud cars, air pollution and other such things in our periphery, but ALL CAPS?! Next, dare I say it, someone might underline things! Surely that's crossing a line. The time of varying text appearance for emphasis is no longer welcome here. We have evolved for millions of years bearing famine, drought and isolation, but we have now hit a wall, larger uniform letters. Anyway, now that we've put that aside, come on people! Results only! No marketing ideas. Well I supposed I must pioneer.

I've been taking for three days now. Longevinex. 100mg pills. 1 of them the first and second day, and 2 the third day. It could be psychosomatic, but I have to tell you I felt a ton of energy the first and second days. So much so that I worked out (which I'm not usually too eager to do). Also, I read somewhere else that a couple people had sharp pains in their stomach. Well, I didn't think about it at the time, but I realized that I believe it was day two, I did have a very sharp stomach pain for a few seconds. Was sharper than normal pains you get once in a blue moon, but haven't had since.

Also, I'd like to start taking 300mg a day, which seems to be the general mean I am finding on these boards, but longevinex is soooo effing expensive. I'd use a month's supply in ten days since they only give you 100mg pills. But from what I read they have the most trustworthy packaging to not compromise the resveratrol. If anyone has any new breakthroughs about companies with equally good packaging and legitimacy but cheaper, please post. Okay that's all. TAKE CARE FELLOW POSTERS!! :-D

Dude- just read through the archives. The topics you address have been raised multiple times over the past couple of years on these forums.

Dude- just read through the archives. The topics you address have been raised and discussed ad nauseum multiple times over the past couple of years on these forums.

Edited by tintinet, 26 May 2008 - 09:42 AM.

#9 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

I hear you, and I have. But there are constantly new brands coming to market, and obviously, more time is going by for people to possibly feel effects that they may not have three years ago, so here is a universal place for them to post.

Also, I have another question, does anyone know if there are any negative effects if you have been taking resveratrol for years and then all of a sudden totally stop for good? Is there a negative, possibly, reversing effect and more of the good that was initially done? In other words, could you be worse off taking it for a long time then stopping, as opposed to just never having taken it at all.

#10 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Tintinet's suggestion is good,

as most of your questions do not revolve around brands or results, they revolve around resveratrol stability regardless of the brand:
http://www.imminst.o...ity-t21626.html

UV light end up being the most damaging to resveratrol, while the others are much less damaging than once thought. As a consequence, we do not use fluorescent lighting in the manufacturing facility, and the windows have UV sheeting. Regarding O2, we do reduce the O2 in each bottle, but this is strictly for long term storage. Read the last paper in the posts mentioned in the link above, and you may notice this may not be necessary at all.

Now a question from me to you...
Do you know if a "slow release" version of resveratrol is better, or if a "fast release" version is better?

I know this answer already, but if you can dig around some more, it may help you find out other things that is not mentioned in your particular brand's marketing materials. I believe your brand touts "Slow release" at this time, so why not check the facts to see what would happen if resveratrol was released slowly say... at 25mg (or less) each 1-2 hours or so?

Search for "Resveratrol Bioavailability in humans" at 25mg... It is an interesting paper that will help shed some light as to what happens to resveratrol when humans take 25mg dosages.

Regarding other questions:
We have independent tests verify that the Trans-resveratrol in our products is either 50% (like your current brand) or 99% (better than your current brand). These tests are done in a US lab in Illinois, and are done for every batch.

I also take my Resveratrol in the evening with milk or whey protein.

I hope this helps.
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 26 May 2008 - 06:30 PM.

#11 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hi Anthony! Thanks for the quick reply. Haven't read through but I believe I read that it's important to take fast release so it can all go towards activation. Believe it or not, your company was initially whom I intended to buy from, but I kept reading and reading about how o2 degrades the quality and effectiveness etc. just like it would if you opened a bottle of wine and exposed it to o2. Now I'm just a newbie, so I obviously don't have all the science, but I have a question. To the lay public, that argument would make sense (even if there are studies that prove otherwise.) And if they read that o2 degredation factor anywhere, it will stick in their mind (for a lot of people, not all) and will be enough to route them towards longevinex. I know you seal the bottle with minimal o2, but once it's opened, that's irrelevant. So my question to you is, why don't you just individually nitrogen pack each pill like Longevinex. It seems like you would have the market more cornered. You have larger doses, cheaper prices, and proven effectiveness with data to back it up. Even if just for a placebo effect, unless it's unbearably expensive.

Aside from that, do you have any data on wether or not there would be adverse effects from taking res for years then stopping. Would you be worse off taking then stopping as opposed to never taking at all. Since it aids in preventing cancer am worried that if you take that aid for so long then stop, your defenses will be down. Like if you take antibiotics for too long. Any studies on this, or you have any thoughts on it?

as most of your questions do not revolve around brands or results, they revolve around resveratrol stability regardless of the brand:

UV light end up being the most damaging to resveratrol, while the others are much less damaging than once thought. As a consequence, we do not use fluorescent lighting in the manufacturing facility, and the windows have UV sheeting. Regarding O2, we do reduce the O2 in each bottle, but this is strictly for long term storage. Read the last paper in the posts mentioned in the link above, and you may notice this may not be necessary at all.

Do you know if a "slow release" version of resveratrol is better, or if a "fast release" version is better?

I know this answer already, but if you can dig around some more, it may help you find out other things that is not mentioned in your particular brand's marketing materials. I believe your brand touts "Slow release" at this time, so why not check the facts to see what would happen if resveratrol was released slowly say... at 25mg (or less) each 1-2 hours or so?

Search for "Resveratrol Bioavailability in humans" at 25mg... It is an interesting paper that will help shed some light as to what happens to resveratrol when humans take 25mg dosages.

We have independent tests verify that the Trans-resveratrol in our products is either 50% (like your current brand) or 99% (better than your current brand). These tests are done in a US lab in Illinois, and are done for every batch.

I hope this helps.
A

#12 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Longevinex is crap. They sell marketing, not a real product, to people ignorant enough to buy from them. I have to admit, my first ever purchase of Resveratrol was from them, when I was far more ignorant about how resveratrol works than I am now. Not only that, thier marketing practices are shady at best ....and that is really giving them the benefit of the doubt, and even that is hardly warranted.

Take the time to read through these forums. Within them, you will find the most marketing-hype-free useable and legitmate knowledge available anywhere on the web regarding resveratrol and I suspect the folks here combined know just as much if not more than the big guns at Sirtris.

Edited by cnorwood, 28 May 2008 - 10:06 PM.
Removed Offending Material

#13 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

Crep,

it is obvious you didn't read through the link I provided:

From a 2006 study:
Resveratrol and Its Glycon Piceid Are Stable Polyphenols
- Jiri Prokop, Petr Abrman, Allen L. Seligson, and Milos Sovak

Solid trans-resveratrol and/or trans-piceid (resveratrol-3-
O-glucoside) were tested under accelerated stability condi-
ions for up to 4 years and under ambient conditions in a
mixture with other grape polyphenols for 2 years. As pre-
viously reported about resveratrol in grape pomace,
27 no significant decay in the content of resveratrol or piceid was ob-
served in the presence of atmospheric oxygen and humidity.

n addition, no by-products attributable to the stilbenoid
degradation, i.e., trans–cis isomerism or oxidation, were de-
ected.

Because you did not catch the meaning of my last post, and did not decide to read this previously on your own from the link provided, I will move to make this relevant...
This study shows no significant decay in the content of resveratrol in the presence of O2 in under 2 year ambient conditions.

We can take one marketing "benefit" away from using Longevinex capsules. Now, If you investigate further, you will have more knowledge to help you make the best choice for your particular situation.

There are no studies regarding the lowering of defenses if you stop taking resveratrol for a period of years.

I hope this helps.

A

#14 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hi Anthony, I did read the article and understand, all I was saying is that the majority of people will not have read that article prior to purchasing a product, so I was asking if even for a placebo effect, why not choose the other method of packaging. However, I can understand your principles outweighing that decision.

I hope this helps.
A

Edited by cnorwood, 28 May 2008 - 09:58 PM.
Removed Flame War

#15 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

Also, how is Longevinex a scam if it's the company that David Sinclair was involved with the formulation?

Edited by cnorwood, 28 May 2008 - 10:04 PM.
Removed Excess Quotations

#16 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Also, how is Longevinex a scam if it's the company that David Sinclair was involved with the formulation?

Please, for your own benefit, do the due dilligence and research this for yourself. Also, take the markting material you read on a company's website with a grain of salt. I am telling you that the information is out there and easily found. Instead of asking us to refute Longevinex's marketing material, which many of us have already done, go and verify it for yourself. You asked, we all but said they are full of crap over at longevinex, and you aren't believing us. What sort of response do you want friend? For us to tell you that they have the best product in the world and was a steal for the price and that everything that they are telling you on their website is as true as if written by god (if you believe in him)? I can't lie to you or anyone else like that friend, sorry I just can't.

Edited by cnorwood, 28 May 2008 - 10:05 PM.

#17 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Crep,

many companies have talked about, or hyped about their products. One such company stated that they provided resveratrol to David Sinclair for his studies. When I asked David about it, he confirmed it was not true. The fact is that there are alot of shady marketing practices out there, and people who want a quick fix will not perform the due-diligence regarding the product they are buying, and likely are pulled in by the marketing.

The Pfizer capsules (ie. Licaps) that your manufacturer uses are interesting, but not required for the oral intake of resveratrol.

If we talk about the Licaps capsules as strictly a marketing strategy to provide the user a placebo effect from the capsule and not the resveratrol, then what you are saying is that we can get the same "effect" and this will help us sell more capsules.

So the question in my head now becomes:
Should we produce these capsules for folks that don't care about due-diligence and price them higher? I currently see everyone, (including myself) pay for stuff at a greater expense because of brand names (Sony), new technology (Honda Hybrid), or have a history of incredible durability (Glock) without much due-diligence on my part because of articles and marketing. So I fall victim of (lack of time/lazyness) to some of this myself.

I will consider this Crep, and call up Pfizer for another quote. (Yes, we considered this last year, but found they could not produce a 500mg res capsule, and dropped the marketing idea.)

If you see this happen Crep in the next half of the year, take heart, it was because of this forum post.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 28 May 2008 - 04:04 PM.

#18 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

Ha. I'll be waiting for my 10% :) You're right, and it seems I'm more likely to switch as I'm getting more educated, but there is a reason why this forum is only between 3 people right now, it's because most people aren't as interested in reading up on it, so while those in the 'know' will likely head towards RevGenetics, the majority will be lead by the vagueries. Anyway, you're noble for sticking to the facts instead of marketing, but since res is at it's conception, if you choose to, now would be a good time to hop on the marketing train. Toot toot! :) Nice speaking with you

Crep

Crep,

many companies have talked about, or hyped about their products. One such company stated that they provided resveratrol to David Sinclair for his studies. When I asked David about it, he confirmed it was not true. The fact is that there are alot of shady marketing practices out there, and people who want a quick fix will not perform the due-diligence regarding the product they are buying, and likely are pulled in by the marketing.

The Pfizer capsules (ie. Licaps) that your manufacturer uses are interesting, but not required for the oral intake of resveratrol.

If we talk about the Licaps capsules as strictly a marketing strategy to provide the user a placebo effect from the capsule and not the resveratrol, then what you are saying is that we can get the same "effect" and this will help us sell more capsules.

So the question in my head now becomes:
Should we produce these capsules for folks that don't care about due-diligence and price them higher? I currently see everyone, (including myself) pay for stuff at a greater expense because of brand names (Sony), new technology (Honda Hybrid), or have a history of incredible durability (Glock) without much due-diligence on my part because of articles and marketing. So I fall victim of (lack of time/lazyness) to some of this myself.

I will consider this Crep, and call up Pfizer for another quote. (Yes, we considered this last year, but found they could not produce a 500mg res capsule, and dropped the marketing idea.)

If you see this happen Crep in the next half of the year, take heart, it was because of this forum post.

A

#19 k10

• Guest, F@H
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:39 AM

Where are the results?

#20 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

Seems there is a lot of ambiguity and misdirection of comments posted in the forums, and no singular place for people using any dose of Resveratrol to list their RESULTS! Well alas my minions, I have solved the famine with a mere quail egg. It is here. For all you avid users and inquirers of Resveratrol's 1st hand effects on HUMAN BEINGS, feel free to erupt freely with your RESULTS. We are specifically looking for FIRST HAND ACCOUNTS dealing with Resveratrol, specifically, which BRAND you are using, the daily DOSAGE, and any effects, positive or negative (hopefully the former) you have experienced throughout the process. Please state the duration you have been taking Resveratrol, and by all means, please keep us updated by journaling every so often your experiences and effects. Blood results, stamina, mental clarity, overall well being, etc. Please do NOT get sidetracked, and save all other Resveratrol discussion for the other forum topics. This is purely for RESULTS!! Have fun, and start popping those pills!!

Completely non scientific:

Wife and I take approx 2.5 to 3.0 grams each total of RES, RES analogs, RES excipients/day purchased from Max Watt, Vital Prime, Revgenetics, and Hh.
But now, we also are taking 31 various vites and supplements / day.
My younger brother died from a heart attack two and half years ago, he never heard of RES.
I have had complete blood work yearly and one heart test due to my brothers death.
I am still alive and my younger brother passed away.
I can not prove the RES helped.
But, my blood numbers and heart are very good and my wifes Blood numbers are great.
My younger brother and I were 14 months apart. I'll be 54 in 3 months.
I'll let you know if RES helps for certain in 25 years. (?) :)

#21 DaffyDuck

• 85 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

I'm 34 and for the last 10 years or so I have had some stiffness in my hips. They usually feel better after stretching but when I walk long distances without stretching, I have quite a bit of pain. I think this is a result of all of the hiking I used to do without stretching but I can't be sure. Anyway, since starting Resveratrol about 2 weeks ago, there is no longer any stiffness in my hip joints. For the record, I am taking 1g of 99% powder mixed with 1 teaspoon of soy lecithin (blended with immersion blender) in water. Overall, I feel in very good health since starting. I am not sure how much of this is placebo but I am sure about its effects on my joints. It's quite amazing to me. My mother has just started taking it and I will post if she gets positive results. She has some mild arthritis in hands and feet.

Edited by DaffyDuck, 13 July 2008 - 12:11 AM.

#22 drtom

• 84 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

Greetings fellow Resveratrol-users.

I am a white male. 51 y-o. 74 kg.

I began taking 500mg capsules of resveratrol about 1 year ago. I take just 1 capsule morning with coffee. No other supplements.
I do take a beta-blocker to slow heart-rate.
For what it's worth, here are my results:

Anecdotally: Some of my moustache-whiskers turned from brown or white to jet black. I thought I was imagining this until I found one that was still growing; the first half was pure white, there was about a 2mm "transition zone" of brown, then jet black down to the follicle.
I don't notice any other subjective effects.

Objectively: I had a blood sample taken in March 2007, before resveratrol. A fairly comprehensive analysis was done. Fasting blood glucose was 4.9 mM (that's the units we use Down Under). Normal range is 3.7-5.5mM.
Exactly 1 year later I had another blood sample taken. Same doctor. Same lab. Same analysis. Fasting blood glucose was 3.6mM.
The test was repeated about 3 weeks later. Result was 3.5mM.

It appears resveratrol has lowered my fasting blood glucose by about 25%.

Cheers.

#23 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

Greetings fellow Resveratrol-users.

I am a white male. 51 y-o. 74 kg.

I began taking 500mg capsules of resveratrol about 1 year ago. I take just 1 capsule morning with coffee. No other supplements.
I do take a beta-blocker to slow heart-rate.
For what it's worth, here are my results:

Anecdotally: Some of my moustache-whiskers turned from brown or white to jet black. I thought I was imagining this until I found one that was still growing; the first half was pure white, there was about a 2mm "transition zone" of brown, then jet black down to the follicle.
I don't notice any other subjective effects.

Objectively: I had a blood sample taken in March 2007, before resveratrol. A fairly comprehensive analysis was done. Fasting blood glucose was 4.9 mM (that's the units we use Down Under). Normal range is 3.7-5.5mM.
Exactly 1 year later I had another blood sample taken. Same doctor. Same lab. Same analysis. Fasting blood glucose was 3.6mM.
The test was repeated about 3 weeks later. Result was 3.5mM.

It appears resveratrol has lowered my fasting blood glucose by about 25%.

Cheers.

I experienced the same with my whiskers. Here's the odd part. Even in my young twenties, my mustache hair was medium tan. Resveratrol turned most of it black. Weird huh?

#24 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:41 AM

RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS!

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#25 drtom

• 84 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

Hi Full Member,
Yes. Same for me. My hair colour is brown and, in my youth, my moustache whiskers were brown/blond but not jet black. I shaved off my moustache when I was 45 because people said it had too much white and made me look old. Now it is back again!
I don't think it has affected my scalp hair, although on my last visit to Australia one chap, whom I usually see only once each year, chided me about dying my hair! (Which I have never done.) So maybe there is some mild effect?

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users