Photo
- - - - -

Chocolate Resveratrol Cups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

My girlfriend made some Chocolate Resveratrol Cups with one tablespoon milk chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon (500mg) resveratrol per cup. The chocolate was melted via double boiler, resveratrol added, then piped into baking cups. There seems to be little degradation and it hits you fairly quick after eating them.

BTW, we haven't tried higher concentrations or dark chocolate. I only take 500mg dosages so that is why it is so low. Give it a try on your own and post the results.

Edited by cnorwood, 29 June 2008 - 04:11 PM.

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

My girlfriend made some Chocolate Resveratrol Cups with one tablespoon milk chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon (500mg) resveratrol per cup. The chocolate was melted via double boiler, resveratrol added, then piped into baking cups. There seems to be little degradation and it hits you fairly quick after eating them.

BTW, we haven't tried higher concentrations or dark chocolate. I only take 500mg dosages so that is why it is so low. Give it a try on your own and post the results.

What do you mean "it hits you fairly quick"? I've noticed no mental or physical effects from resveratrol, only more long-term effects.

I've made some test batches with couverture dark chocolate. You have to keep the temperature under 120 F or you ruin the chocolate. In theory, resveratrol is more bio-available by being dissolved in the cocoa fat. Studies have shown higher blood serum levels for other fat-soluble supplements with a lipid delivery system; CoQ10 comes to mind. Yummy, yes, and apparently effective. The higer quality the chocolate, the better the taste. I've considered a commercial product but there are unresolved legal issues: the FDA might look on it as a drug delivery system in a chocolate bar.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Athanasios

• Topic Starter
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

What do you mean "it hits you fairly quick"? I've noticed no mental or physical effects from resveratrol, only more long-term effects.

I still get a stimulant effect when taking resveratrol and this is what I was referring to. I am using VP's resveratrol.

#4 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:09 AM

wow, can we buy these from you all at the next Austin meet up we are at ? :~ (sounds like a great product to sell on-line too ;) )

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

Who/what is VP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users