Photo
- - - - -

RSV & Asthma...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:54 AM

I've had chronic asthma my entire life, bad enough to where I have always had an inhaler attached to my side and on average burn through 1 inhaler about every 2 weeks.

I've been through National Jewish, holistic, homeopathy and been pumped full of every pharm on the market to treat it. I've had more steroids in me then a bodybuilder, haha. I have 3 pretty expensive True HEPA air filters throughout my house to help with allergens and overall air quality....and honestly, my asthma isn't any better. (all tho the air is cleaner, can't be a bad thing)

I've never been sent to the hospital for an attack....I have abunch of mini attacks throughout the day, but never a severe attack that almost kills me.... it's always been this way.

I've been on a hunt for the past year for something way different to treat & cure my asthma. I did find a linkage between Chlamydia pneumoniae (and mycoplasma) and Asthma and quite a few people CURING (not treating), yes curing their asthma with Zithromax.

Checked into holistic methods linking Asthma to heavy metal poisoning, still weighing that option.

Now, I have not gotten my RSV 99% powder from RevGenetics yet, but I'm am pretty excited to see how it affects my Asthma.

First, as I understand it, RSV is an anti inflammatory agent correct? This should help with constriction of the lungs during an attack, or possibly prevent one. (I take a lot of Magnesium supps daily for this also)

Second, I read that RSV is an immune suppressant and/or equalizer? Is this true? Some asthma attacks are from your immune system overreacting to allergens in the air or the food you eat. Is it possible RSV may help in this aspect?

I've had an allergy tests done a longgggg time ago, so can't remember too well the results, but from what I can remember at National Jewish, the doctors were perplexed because I had little to no allergies of any kind. All tho I was 7 or 8 at the time, my memory isn't very clear. I suppose I should get tested again.

Needless to say, I have yet to ever get a definitive answer from any doctor as to my type of asthma....

I am determined to cure my asthma, someday... I've been a slave to this disease my whole life and it's time to get it resolved. ;o)

Anyone out there have Asthma and use RSV?

Thanks!

Edited by jCole, 05 August 2008 - 04:13 AM.

#2 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

If you're sure it's not allergic, maybe it's neurogenic.

http://www.allergyre...ma_pea_webv.pdf

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:45 AM

I've had an allergy tests done a longgggg time ago, so can't remember too well the results, but from what I can remember at National Jewish, the doctors were perplexed because I had little to no allergies of any kind. All tho I was 7 or 8 at the time, my memory isn't very clear. I suppose I should get tested again.

You should absolutely get tested. A good allergist may be able to do a lot for you. Over that timespan, you could have picked up a number of new allergies. I don't know if testing has improved in that time, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone out there have Asthma and use RSV?

Well, sort of. My "asthma" is atypical. I never get attacks. I have low small airway flow due to childhood in smoggy SoCal and a long period of untreated allergies. I can at least say that resveratrol hasn't hurt. I had Legionnaires Disease, a very serious pneumonia, about 15 months ago, and spent 5 weeks in the ICU. Not only did I not die, which would have been the usual outcome of that scenario, but I smashed their recovery expectations. My doctor could hardly believe how well my lung function recovered. Was it the supplements? Hard to say. There was a lot involved, and there was a long period when I wasn't taking any supps, from the day I went in until several weeks after I got out. Did supplements save my life? I don't know. I can't rule it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users