111 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

Immortality Institute RSVP Chat Room Meeting for:
for every week that the rsvp is indicated in the topic

Wednesdays:
2200 GMT - ImmInst think tank session and general teams meeting, open to the public
-complete meeting schedule found in the calendar
(links found in tabs at top of forum)

Open to all. General brainstorming think tank, and meeting of teams for Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans.

(GMT Clock)

imminst_broadcast_and_chat_banner.gif

Meeting Heads:
Brokenportal, (recruiting 2 more)
Meeting Promoters: (optional, now recruiting)
Meeting Secretarys: (optional, now recruiting 3 max)

brainstorm.jpg

Edited by brokenportal, 08 December 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:46 AM

This meeting will be taking place every wednesday. Please do attend.

If you can committ to meeting there every wednesday then let us know. One thing I want to discuss is breaking up into more teams to meet in different time slots in the ustream chat box to take on more projects. Bring your topics to the table and lets get some more ideas and action rolling.

Ide say these groups would work best in groups of about 5 to meet in whatever time slot is convenient for them. All of the things that mind lists for continuation of progress are listed here. Here are some project group examples Ide like to see started.

-folding at home team to meet and advertise to the public on a "how to" session of how to get your computer to fold more efficiently, and then the team can devise plans to get more people to fold and etc..
-MFURI fund raiser, Ive already got a few people on this team. We will be deciding on a time to meet in the ustream shortly. If you want to join then let me know, Im looking for about 5 people to committ. The meetings will also all be open to people who just want to join in once in a while.
-imminst recruit drive, promotion of the conference, promotion of the sunday interview, (all in one project group)
-calendar team
-new promotional material team

...etc... what are your ideas? This list could go on forever, on wednesdays we can help people get into these teams and take on the ones that are right for their time, resources and all that.

Meeting Here

"Put in some time to help with life extension now, or put in time helping with your family and friends funerals later. Its your choice." -E.D.

Remember also that Mind hosts an interview with a person in the life extension field at the ustream chat and video broadcast feed every sunday at 5 pm cst time.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

I would also add contacting inactive members to see if they can be prodded into participating again. I would add it to a list but its not easy to compile them here. So the first thing I would do before that is suggest we form a team to figure out how to get embedable document sharing here in the forums. It would be like a scratch board where anybody can go and add to the list. The list can grow indefinenlty and a function like that would take the impossible and make it simple.

Heres a link talking about it in a broader sense.

http://www.imminst.o...cts-t22172.html

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

Starting now, please stop by.

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

We will be brainstorming in general but also focusing in on getting the nominations for the Undergrads Fighting Aging Related Diseases project at AMEX, the deadline is approaching.

Will you be there? What items do you want to bring to the table and discuss?

#6 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

bump

#7 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

...the first thing I would do before that is suggest we form a team to figure out how to get embedable document sharing here in the forums. It would be like a scratch board where anybody can go and add to the list. The list can grow indefinenlty and a function like that would take the impossible and make it simple.

Isn't there a way for you to set something like that up on Google Docs?

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:42 AM

...the first thing I would do before that is suggest we form a team to figure out how to get embedable document sharing here in the forums. It would be like a scratch board where anybody can go and add to the list. The list can grow indefinenlty and a function like that would take the impossible and make it simple.

Isn't there a way for you to set something like that up on Google Docs?

Yes but it doesnt work well enough. Zoho and Google were the best ones we could find but one is missing one important function, and the other is missing the other. I forget what they were, I think one is not embedable, and the other can not be bulleted. Wiki is simple, but isnt simple enough to allow any body to want to just jump right in.

I need to find somebody willing to write a program that does what is neccessary for free, or I need to come up with the money to pay somebody to do it. Ive asked programers but they always give me half responses. Do you know where I can go to get price quotes on programming jobs?

#9 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

bump

#10 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

We are meeting in there now. Come and check out the updates on the AMEX project.

We are well on our way to having a real solid chance of winning a ton of money for the undergraduate research to save our lives.

Special thanks to the dnamechanics wife.

#11 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

Do you know where I can go to get price quotes on programming jobs?

http://www.odesk.com/
http://www.elance.co...ding/buyer.html
http://www.guru.com/index.aspx

There's a few. It's been a while since I hired a programmer but it was a good experience when I did. He figured out how to do something that would have taken me a month in just a day for $50.

#12 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

I forgot to bump this, the meeting has started.

#13 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

Meeting today at 4pm cst time. Bring your ideas and topics to the table. Here is a list of all the meetings: Meeting Schedule

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

The meeting has started. This meeting is open to any indefinite healthy life extension ideas and topics you want to discuss.

#15 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

This weekly meeting will be starting soon for anybody interested in helping us keep life extension ideas moving in there.

That meeting is at 4pm cst time every wednesday, and there is a 3pm cst time folding @ home meeting that is making a lot of progress and could really move some weight if there were even more people in there. It is going on now. So stop by and chat about that as you wait for the next meeting if you want.

#16 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Sorry I didn't know this was going on (a mass PM might be a good idea ? )

I was busy at that time though, since I'm currently teaching till 4:30 on Wednesdays and don't get home till 5:00. I may be able to attend the end of a brainstorming session though ;)

#17 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Stop on by if you have any issues to discuss and/or ideas.

#18 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:22 AM

When is the next brain storming meeting?

I need to become a member one of these days as well.

#19 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

Meeting is happening now, 4pm central, 21:00 GMT

Open discussion about Imminst issues. Ideas for the future.

#20 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Meeting starting, bring your ideas to the table. One idea, help beef up this meeting. With a little more regular attendence it could go a lot further.

Death wont wait around for us to get it together. That certainly applies to me too. Lets try to get this fire burning a little hotter.

#21 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

a more mainstream name than "immortality institute" - NOW - by force if needed... ;)

Why doing that
Many are getting really desperate. Ok, you may want to keep a place that is specific for "immortalists", but sorry, "immortality institute" lovers, that place shouldn't attrack others (eg "lifextensions") because its current name reduces the chances (your chances!) of overall living longer (/forever) due to bad communication and reduced community. It's a matter of survival (did i convince you? :) )

You choose how...otherwise We choose
there are several ways... some against which you won't be able to do anything:

- change names and create a place aside for immortalists
e.g. imminst.org and immortalityinstitute.org can be reoriented for some time towards a new website where all the existing threads are copied, but that is not named "Immortality Institute". Here is an unfinished example:
http://www.lifespans...y.org/index.php (check it out if you've never seen it before!)
Posted Image

- move non-immortalist threads to a new website
If you don't do it we have a way to do it in an insidious way: create a new website that is able to manage such threads, but not only from imminst: from mfoundation and other places as well. users will naturally want to go there, to be aware in a single click of what is going on in the various websites

- many other ways. Eg a live 'mainstream' copy of imminst, like the unfinished example above. But that solution isn't right because it doesn't really change anything: we can not hide that it is imminst.org (people will know it or discover it, which is bad for the communication)

Choose a name...otherwise We'll do it
Many good names have been proposed so far and many would have been accepted if everyone (including pure immortalists) wnated to change names. Now that you don't really have the choice: humanlifeextension and longevillage are among the best so far (not aorist/helix/aohhish) and they are available (humanlifeextension at a cost that may be asked; i give you longevillage for free, in particular if it helps changing names). There is really no need to waste time in looking at other names

Time counts
We all have One life. Rather than wait for another 5 years to change names, this intervention accelerates things a little (you'll agree that there has been much time to think already).

#22 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

This meeting is coming up. We need everybody who can to show up. Dont worry if your new. Brainstorming is the most general of idea generating things that anybody can do.

This meeting is scheduled for 4pm but we are thinking of having it scheduled as 4pm to 8pm to allow more people to get in on the meetings that are off work later. But the nature of this meeting is to run 4pm to indefinite anyways, we will discuss how to indicate that today amongst other things.

#23 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Show your desire for life extension action and support this meeting by showing up today.

We have two new brainstorming meetings to keep ideas flowing. One on saturday afternoon for people in the Americas, and one in the afternoon on sunday for people in Europe.

Print the schedule out and post it by your computer to help get ideas to these meetings.

#24 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

Not one single person can make it to this meeting to make action to extend our life spans happen?

We can gain enough exposure for this cause in one year that will have the whole world know what it is. If you want that to happen then we need you in these meetings.

#25 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

Meeting coming up soon. Stop in before hand for the fah meeting which is going on now. Full schedule here: imminst.org/meetings

There is a ustream link for the meeting in that link, and we have it embeded in a bunch of places including my favorite here.

#26 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

They are working on getting a board meeting going in there right now, but there will be a brainstorming meeting afterwards. The board meeting is open to all to. Please do sit in on them. Collaboration builds the progress that saves our lives. You may not think so, but even just sitting in helps progress come along.

#27 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:23 PM

This afternoon at 3 pm GMT there will be a chat on ustream for European Imminst members
everybody is welcome to join ;)

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 23 November 2008 - 01:24 PM.

#28 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

At this moment we are talking about what would be a good idea to let the people know of the chats ;)

#29 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

Damn, no time, sorry.....

#30 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

Coming up today, if youll be here say I. I may be working on my car, but Ill probably be here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users