Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:49 AM

Cell phones can affect sperm quality, researcher says
http://www.cnn.com/2...perm/index.html

#2 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:03 AM

Cell phones can affect sperm quality, researcher says
http://www.cnn.com/2...perm/index.html

Thanks! I was always a bit worried on this as I carry my Cell phone in my front pant pocket, right outside my thigh, but it's pretty close to my testicles throughout the day except sleeping. When I wear cargo pants , i slip it in the lower pockets to be far away from gonads. I don't want testicular cancer.

I have a "pea-sized" lump protruding from the right testicle (I discovered it when I was around 12 to 13 years old), in the frontal-bottom position. My dad had a very similar lump/tumor thing too, except i think it's on his left testicle. I asked about it during routine physical exam, and the GP didn't know much and referred me to a urologist. The urologist asked me a bunch of questions if I begun to have sex yet, and if I drink, smoke and other things. He only felt it but never examined w/ ultrasound or machines. He said it was a cyst, should be non-malignant, not a cancer etc. I always worried about that too. How does he just know it's not cancerous? I check on it occasionally when I masturbate and when I administer Testicular Self-Examination once per month.

Edited by HYP86, 19 September 2008 - 02:15 AM.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:54 AM

I keep mine tucked in my boxer briefs, with my laptop in my lap and spend a lot of time in hot baths.
  • Agree x 1

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:12 AM

I usually keep mine in my car, and now my check engine light is on.

#5 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

I keep mine tucked in my boxer briefs, with my laptop in my lap and spend a lot of time in hot baths.

I do all that and have someone punch me square in the nuts once a day. Any chance I am immune from getting girls pregnant?

#6 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:32 AM

Any chance I am immune from getting girls pregnant?

I'm pretty sure you've got to be sexually active to get anyone pregnant.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

Any chance I am immune from getting girls pregnant?

I'm pretty sure you've got to be sexually active to get anyone pregnant.

Do blow up dolls count?

#8 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

Do blow up dolls count?

If one of them got pregnant, I'd have to write a stern letter to the factory.

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

Do blow up dolls count?

If one of them got pregnant, I'd have to write a stern letter to the factory.

I have to admit; I can't think of many things scarier than a litter of half-plastic, half-Sheps running around.

#10 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:07 AM

Call me weird, but even before knowing about its radiation, I always been repelled by the touch of a cell phone.

I usually keep mine away from me and only take it on myself if I have to.

#11 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:42 PM

finally.. male birth control. i know where ill be keeping my cell phone from now on :)
  • Good Point x 1

#12 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

I have to admit; I can't think of many things scarier than a litter of half-plastic, half-Sheps running around.

Especially running around with their mouths all agape. I better step up to a Real Doll.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#13 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

i was reading this study[1] today and got to the part about the dose.  it was like 50 mW/cm2 at 4GHz for 3-4 hours or something obscene.  actual exposures are closer to 50 mW/m2 or about 4 orders or magnitude less, but with some people spending 6 or more hours a day on the phone (and doing most of the talking) i would start to be concerned by their exposure levels.

even so, even so i'm recommending everybody switch from lte or gsm to cmda, use a selfie stick and speakermode, keep hands far from antenna when browsing or uploading, and to put it in airplane mode whenever it goes in your pocket.  you won't message your tinder match back too soon and your butt won't be as likely to come down with cancer.  what's there to protest, really?

these phones are always transmitting and receiving data.  just when they finish syncing emails, they start checking for app updates, weather forecasts or missed calls.  generally when the screen is off nothing is happening even if LTE is on, but as soon as you press the button and the lock screen appears, boom, electrosmog detector is off the chart.  the more stuff you can disable the better, gps, low energy bluetooth/wifi scanning (i hate this), mobile data, if you don't need it, the better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users