* * * * * 1 votes

D-Limonene in bulk?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 FunkOdyssey

• Topic Starter
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

I haven't needed to use it lately because my heartburn went away. I'm not sure why. I did test positive for h. pylori awhile back and I may have accidently killed it off with my crazy antibiotic regimens for Lyme. Woops! :)

#32 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

I bought a bunch of the Swanson caps months ago and ditched all other remedies (H2 blockers, PPIs, even Manuka Honey- tastes great, btw). Heartburn all gone, but I occasionally worry about the possible unknown effect of chronic limonene ingestion.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 yoyo

• 582 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

is there any reason to not simply swallow a few chuncks of orange peel taken off with a vegetable peeler? the risk of pesticides on exterior?

#34 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Maybe minimized if you stick to organic oranges. I usually eat the inner part of the peel, but not the outer portion.

Edited by tintinet, 21 February 2009 - 12:39 PM.

#35 funkmasterflex

• 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

WHat I do for some oils and certain things like clomiphene citrate (yes I was messing around with Pro-hormones) Is just take a 00 capsule. I take 1mL and drop it into the capsule seal it up, and swallow it. Not sure how much D-limonene is in 1mL, but its usually around 1g. That is another way to get around the burn/taste.

#36 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

I haven't needed to use it lately because my heartburn went away. I'm not sure why. I did test positive for h. pylori awhile back and I may have accidently killed it off with my crazy antibiotic regimens for Lyme. Woops! :)

If your heartburn went away AFTER you started using L-glutamine...then it was the glutamine :p

#37 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

I just started adding it to the resV + lecithin +sonification on the premise that adding a solvent
enhances liposome formation when combined with sonification.

I've also used it topically with CMO (Myristin) in place of DMSO.
And it cleaned the heck out of my kitchen floor.

#38 natlogarithm

• 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the link.

Placed an order for d-Limonene High Purity from www.GreenTerpene.com. It was on my doorstep in like two days. Smells awsome. They had the cheapest price i could find in the US, and from what i can tell, the highest level of purity. Also saw that they offer other plant terpenes like lemon, lime, clove, peppermint, and others. Do a little research, these terpenes go into all kinds of stuff!

Posted Image

#39 shawn

• 61 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

I was thinking that they say there is no additives as they do not add anything during processing, but this is not taking into account that the bulk of their citrus material comes from crops that are sprayed with numerous biocides.
This is anything but natural and even a small percentage is going to be very counterproductive with the goals of consuming the stuff.

Lots of companies get away with saying their product is natural 100% as they don't add anything once they get it, but the farmers are adding fungicides, pesticides and other chemicals regularly as the product is grown, so it has been steeped in it and most likely has left residue.
My advice is to see if they have done a chemical analysis of their product which will reveal all the trace elements and compounds which are included.
This has to be done by the company as part of their due diligence as it is a food-grade product.
For example:I asked Muzi tea about their Matcha tea and found that it was very high in fluoride.

#40 StandingUp

• 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm going to necro this thread to ask if anyone ever tried this?

I purchased some d-limonene caps and found the Esophaguard stuff to be way more effective than Jarrow for heartburn/reflux issues. It's also way more expensive so I've been eyeing up the greenterpene stuff. They both are listed as 98.5% d-limonene.

#41 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

If anybody in the U.K And Europe, such as france, germany  Needs any D-Limonene. Just PM Me.

I am able to get some Food Grade D-Limonene 98% Pure.

Im going to be taking this myself after promising results from been used as an anxiolytic.

The reason im only shipping to UK & Europe, is because people in the USA can easily get food grade Limonene.

However, in the UK, its near impossible, unless you get in bulk, which is expensive. Which is what im doing.

Im going to be buying bulk, as soon as i get around 30ish requests. Which may never happen as Limonene is not that popular. Until then im going to be experimenting with Limonene myself.

P.s , Does anyone know what dose to take in , ml , Milli-liters ?? 

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 06 June 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#42 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

There are 1 liter bottles available on uk ebay for 14.50gbp...

#43 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

There are 1 liter bottles available on uk ebay for 14.50gbp...

True, im not willing to ingest something sold for cleaning purposes, that isnt specified or sold as suitable for ingestion. If a product isnt sold for human consumption, then its not the companies issue if i die from drinking it.

And when it comes to products like this, i prefer not to buy on ebay.

And The ones on ebay are sold for cleaning purposes.

I suppose you could ingest it, if you really wanted to.

I prefer to buy a Limonene thats being manufactured for Human Consumption in mind, otherwise i dont really trust it.

However, if all D-Limonene is the same, if D-Limonene for human consumption is handled the same way as technical grade. Then im not going to ingest it, and probably try do a Limonene Extaction at home.

Yes D-Limonene will be manufactured the same way, but i doubt it will be handled the same, e.g Quality Control.

I probably wont buy bulk after all, I might just use the one ive got for myself.

I hope Food Grade isn't handled the same as technical grade.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 06 June 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#44 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

I have found food grade on eBay uk :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171393270951

ps: I have found that taking the jarrow pills with resistant starch (potato starch) greatly reduced the lemony burping ... not sure how it affects the usefulness of the oil though...

Edited by fntms, 23 July 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#45 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

Weight per ml is apparently 850mg according to this :

http://www.twin-chem...l_Chem_MSDS.pdf

Jarrow is 1000mg per pill.

#46 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:58 AM

Some of these old sources are gone. But I found a new one at https://kleanterpenes.com/
where they also have lemon and lime as well as other terpenes. Will be interesting to try the others.

#47 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:50 AM

The Klean Terpenes High Purity d-Limonene looks interesting. Has anyone tried these liquid terpene products yet? 

I don't have reflux but I'm interested in other properties of d-limonene and just got a few bottles the relatively cheap Jarrow Formulas d-Limonene. I'm a bit worried that these cleaning products might not be as pure as advertised, but that's probably due to the idea of consuming something sold as a cleaning product. :)

I wonder if the other citrus oils would be beneficial, since they probably contain a mix of terpenes instead of just d-limonene. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#48 Oakman

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:44 AM

I've been taking the Jarrow d_Limonene softcaps 1g for about a year, and amount I take varies but up to 3x caps/day or 1g at a time with a good meal. Cost @Amazon $6.08 x 60 caps so not $$. Taken alone or with too little food it can provide some pretty terrible backwash, so only with a good meal, and take before the end.

As to why? Well, it's been my go-to solvent for virtually any "hard to de-grease" household situation for years. So when I noticed it was available in caps as a supplement... Well, I figured it can do the same internally (arteries, fat) in some respects. So far no problems of note, and I like that it's concentrated, not diluted. When taken correctly, it provides a nice orange flavor in your throat.

Edited by Oakman, 03 October 2016 - 12:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users