Inhaling Methyl Jasmonate for Cancer ?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:41 AM

Read this one:
http://www.imminst.o...;hl=mebendazole

I wrote a little bit about mebendazole and its action in melanoma, but it was also tested in lung cancer. (1)
Mebendazole was tested in following cells of the human non-small cell lung cancer cell line A549, WI38normal fibroblasts (American Type Culture Collection, Rockville, MD), and human lung cancer cell lines H1299 and H460. It was selective for cancer cells the authors say:
The growth-inhibitory effect was not restricted to lung cancer cells, because MZ also profoundly inhibited the growth of breast, ovary, and colon carcinomas and osteosarcomas, producing IC50s that varied from 0.1 to 0.8 µM (data not shown).

So it would be perhaps also an option in SCLC. In addition with Cimetidine and an oily solution (coconut oil) you could reach higher plasma values needed for this effect. Combined with MJ or derivatives it is an interesting option.

(1)
Mebendazole elicits a potent antitumor effect on human cancer cell lines both in vitro and in vivo.
Mukhopadhyay T, Sasaki J, Ramesh R, Roth JA.
Clin Cancer Res. 2002 Sep;8(9):2963-9.

look here:
http://clincancerres...eprint/8/9/2963

I've read the links. I have SCLC, so we don't really know if this research would have any impact.

There's this for NSLC: http://mct.aacrjourn.../full/1/13/1201

Microtubules have a critical role in cell division, and consequently various microtubule inhibitors have been developed as anticancer drugs. In this study, we assess mebendazole (MZ), a microtubule-disrupting anthelmintic that exhibits a potent antitumor property both in vitro and in vivo. Treatment of lung cancer cell lines with MZ caused mitotic arrest, followed by apoptotic cell death with the feature of caspase activation and cytochrome c release. MZ induces abnormal spindle formation in mitotic cancer cells and enhances the depolymerization of tubulin, but the efficacy of depolymerization by MZ is lower than that by nocodazole. Oral administration of MZ in mice elicited a strong antitumor effect in a s.c. model and reduced lung colonies in experimentally induced lung metastasis without any toxicity when compared with paclitaxel-treated mice. We speculate that tumor cells may be defective in one mitotic checkpoint function and sensitive to the spindle inhibitor MZ. Abnormal spindle formation may be the key factor determining whether a cell undergoes apoptosis, whereas strong microtubule inhibitors elicit toxicity even in normal cells.

Might it be effective for SLC as well?

#32 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

I've read the links. I have SCLC, so we don't really know if this research would have any impact.

I know, but like discussed in the other thread, SCLC cells very often have an overexpression of the antiapoptic Bcl-2 and a parallel overexpression of the proapoptic Bax. Mebendazole induces phosphorylation of Bcl-2, preventing it from binding to Bax. Now imagine what happens, when you have both overexpressed in your cancer but you can have a targeted therapy with mebendazole and shut of the Bcl-2. It could be even more effective then in other cancer cell lines.

Mebendazole is prescription free in the USA and it is selective, without any damage for mammalian cells. The sideeffects remain small even with extreme high dosages. It won`t do any harm and the potential benefits are more then interesting.

Right now I'm trying to line up testing that would determine what pathways we should be attacking. As you know, http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=309978
this pathway has been brought up.

You say this is prescription free, how is it delivered?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

ppp I think that it could also be effective in SCLC, especially because it shows inhibition of the Bcl-2 protein which is highly expressed most of SCLC. Mebendazole seems to be effective in a range of completely different cancer cell lines, therefore it seems to work by a mechanism which is common in all of them, (like methyl jasmonate), but this is just a theory.

TFI as far as I know it is prescription free in the USA, it is usually used for worm infection. It is delivered orally but I have also heard about intravenous application. You would need the 500mg tablets, I just know that they are called "Vermox forte" here in Germany. Further you should take cimetidine, which raises the levels of mebendazole and drink it in or with an oily liquid, because this has also shown to enhance the plasma levels of mebendazole, this could mean to crush your tablets and dissolve in sunflower oil. (1)

"The method of mebendazole administration with sunflower oil, elaborated by the authors, serves to this purpose: drug concentration exceeding the minimal effective one was attained in 86% patients treated with mebendazole and sunflower oil and only in 40% patients treated with the drug alone."

Another study suggests intake of "essentiale" (phospholipid tabs) in a daily dose between 400 and 1000mg together with mebendazole. (2)

I would think about a dosage of 1,5 g daily or even a little bit more if you can tolerate it and if no sideeffects occur. I know that you want to do some testing but I had this data already collected and if this pathway is interesting, you would have the knowledge already present.

(1)
[Clinical trial of the possibility of increasing the bioavailability of mebendazole using sunflower oil in echinococcosis]
Shcherbakov AM, Lur'e AA.
Med Parazitol (Mosk). 1989 May-Jun;(3):46-9. Russian.

(2)
[The enhanced bioavailability of mebendazole in echinococcosis patients when used with Essentiale]
Shcherbakov AM, Lur'e AA.
Med Parazitol (Mosk). 1993 Jan-Feb;(1):43-5.

Edited by aidanpryde, 26 March 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#34 gattaca

• 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

My quackometer is clicking madly.

#35 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

My quackometer is clicking madly.

What a coincidence mine is now clicking too. Also some activation of spam sensors. :|?

Edited by aidanpryde, 26 March 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#36 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

I would think about a dosage of 1,5 g daily or even a little bit more if you can tolerate it and if no sideeffects occur. I know that you want to do some testing but I had this data already collected and if this pathway is interesting, you would have the knowledge already present.

Where do you get the figure of 1.5g? I've seen anecdotal reports of people seeing benefit with as little of 300mg daily with cimetidine to delay clearance. Interesting set of papers on bioavailability, by the way, looks very useful.

#37 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

I am not sure any more if mebendazole is prescription free in the USA, please check this.
Results with 300mg and cimetidine surprises me, we should not forget that enough people are prone to placebo effects. I am speaking about 1,5 g because 0,32µM were needed to reach IC50 in melanoma cells. 1,5g given to volunteers has produced something between 0,017 - 0,134 µM. This dosage was given already with a fatty meal. 3 volunteers are really not a great example for plasma concentrations and it seems to vary strong between individuals. (1)

In order to assess bioavailability of this drug 1.5 g doses were given to 3 volunteers. Measurable plasma concentrations of 17 to 134 nmol/l were found only if mebendazole was given together with a fatty meal. In a patient with cholestasis plasma concentrations were higher than in the 3 normal subjects. In patients on long term treatment the increase in plasma concentration after administration of a 1 g dose varied between 0 and 500 nmol/l.

The problem with mebendazole is on one side the bad absorption and a strong first pass metabolism in the liver, the first can be overcome by a fatty meal, the other one through cimetidine. I have read that cimetidine can raise mebendazole levels up to 50%, so even with 1,5g one can only hope to reach something about 0,32 µM. This is the reason I would start with a lower dosage of perhaps 500mg and cimetidine and oil, look if if any sideeffects occur and then go over to a higher dosage. In experiments on animals the toxic level was from 2µM on. There is a study where even 4,5 g were used together with cimetidine for 30 days, so 1,5 g should be safe. (2)

In our eight patients, the intake of cimetidine during 30 days reduced 14Co0 specific activity (SA) at 1 h (0.57 ± 0.17 vs 0.89 ± 0.32% of the administered dose kg- '; P < 0.01) and increased the maximum serum concentration of mebendazole (82.3 ± 41.8 ng ml-l vs 55.7 ± 30.2 ng ml- l; P < 0.05) (Figure 1). The maximum serum drug concentration was correlated with SA at 1 h before (r = -0.71, P < 0.05) and after cimetidine administration (r = -0.82, P < 0.05).

(1)
Clinical pharmacokinetics of high dose mebendazole in patients treated for cystic hydatid disease.
Braithwaite PA, Roberts MS, Allan RJ, Watson TR.
Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1982;22(2):161-9.

(2)
http://www.pubmedcen...mp;blobtype=pdf

Edited by aidanpryde, 27 March 2009 - 09:16 AM.

#38 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

I am not sure any more if mebendazole is prescription free in the USA, please check this.

As far as I know mebendazole is not an OTC drug in the US, but cimetidine is. Here in the UK it's the other way round, mebendazole is available without prescription (though I've only found the 100mg tablets), while cimetidine/tagamet is only available as a prescription drug.

#39 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

As far as I know mebendazole is not an OTC drug in the US, but cimetidine is. Here in the UK it's the other way round, mebendazole is available without prescription (though I've only found the 100mg tablets), while cimetidine/tagamet is only available as a prescription drug.

Do you have cancer and if, which kind of, if I may ask? There are 500mg "Vermox forte" here in Germany but they should also be available in UK.
Do you already use mebendazole and if, in which dosage and in which combination?

Sorry if I am drifting this thread to an offtopic.

Edited by aidanpryde, 27 March 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#40 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Do you have cancer and if, which kind of, if I may ask? There are 500mg "Vermox forte" here in Germany but they should also be available in UK.
Do you already use mebendazole and if, in which dosage and in which combination?

My 15-year old son has osteosarcoma of the jaw. In addition to conventional treatment he's had nano-curcumin and a liposomal ascorbate-based regime that aims to maximise ROS production to kill the tumour. We've also had two short courses of mebendazole. However, it's a bone tumour and you don't see what's happening because of the degree of calcification. On Monday he has his jaw resected, and then we'll see what state the tumour is in. For the moment the interest in MJ and mebendazole is for back-up in case the treatment so far hasn't cleared the disease.

But you're right, this is drifting way off-topic...

#41 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

I hope your oncologist is always up to date, this one is perhaps interesting for you, methods which allowed overall survival of 92% in 10 years:

http://www.annalssur...t/full/10/5/498

#42 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

My 15-year old son has osteosarcoma of the jaw. In addition to conventional treatment he's had nano-curcumin and a liposomal ascorbate-based regime that aims to maximise ROS production to kill the tumour. We've also had two short courses of mebendazole. However, it's a bone tumour and you don't see what's happening because of the degree of calcification. On Monday he has his jaw resected, and then we'll see what state the tumour is in. For the moment the interest in MJ and mebendazole is for back-up in case the treatment so far hasn't cleared the disease.

Wish you well.

#43 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

I hope your oncologist is always up to date, this one is perhaps interesting for you, methods which allowed overall survival of 92% in 10 years:

http://www.annalssur...t/full/10/5/498

Interesting paper - the protocol we're on is similar to that. But in my son's case he has metatases in the lungs, which complicates things. Also the site of the tumour is in his jaw, and that also complicates things as the standard protocols are really most appropriate for long bones.

Wish you well.

Thanks.

Edited by ppp, 03 April 2009 - 04:12 PM.

#44 emef

• 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:24 AM

ppp, what is nano-curcumin? Is this some modification of curcumin which increases its bioavaillability?

#45 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

ppp, what is nano-curcumin? Is this some modification of curcumin which increases its bioavaillability?

Yes. It addresses the major issue with curcumin. The two choices seem to be liposomal curcumin or nano-curcumin to get the highest level of bioavailability. Take a look at http://www.jnanobiot...m/content/5/1/3 for more on the nano-curcumin option.

It's not generally available yet, but a company called Verdure Sciences are developing a product. If you want to find out more on the product then let me know and I'll mail you the details of how to get hold of some. I'm not sure how far off the product is from going on sale generally.

In my case it's the form of curcumin that is being used in a trial in India for use against pediatric osteosarcoma.

#46 evermore

• 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

take at least one serving of flax seed lignans and drink pomegranite juice daily. ...

Why three months? Because by that time the immune system should have caught on and taken over. This appears to have happened to guys I correspond with who've already finished their treatment.

in place of pomegranate juice, has anyone read the anticancer effect of muscadine grape skin on prostate cancer ?

The team of researchers, led by Jeffrey E. Green, showed that MSKE significantly inhibited the growth of cancerous prostate cells, while leaving normal prostate cells unaffected. It did so via apoptosis, or programmed cell death.

According to Dr. Green, "These results show that MSKE may have potent anti-tumor activities in the lab that differ from the effects of resveratrol. Further studies of MSKE will be necessary to determine if this extract has potential as a chemopreventive or therapeutic agent."

One interesting fact is that the scientists tested MSKE in cells that represent the various stages of prostate cancer tumor growth. All stages responded to MSKE, suggesting that the active compounds found in this muscadine extract could inhibit tumor development even at very early stages.

the oral dose for human with prostate cancer is not known, but the higher the better, and still may not work in humans without knowing it's stability in the gut and bioavailability.

Inhibition of Prostate Cancer Growth by Muscadine Grape Skin Extract and Resveratrol through Distinct Mechanisms
Cancer Research 67, 8396, September 1, 2007

#47 evermore

• 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

then there is the NONI juice which has a very few prostate survivor testimonies posted on the internet.

anyone tried Noni ?

like the muscadine purple grape skins, best take Noni on empty stomach for best absorption, and without added sugars.

"Morinda citrifolia (Noni): a literature review and recent advances in Noni research." Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2002 Dec;23(12):1127-41. Morinda citrifolia L (Noni) has been used in folk remedies by Polynesians for over 2000 years, and is reported to have a broad range of therapeutic effects, including antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antitumor, antihelmin, analgesic, hypotensive, anti-inflammatory, and immune enhancing effects. In order to reveal the nutritional and medicinal value of the Noni plant, and to summarize scientific evidence that supports the Polynesians' claim, a literature review and recent advances in Noni research is given below. PMID: 12466051

for complete article see http://www.chinaphar...083/23/1127.pdf (takes awhile to load up)

"Neil Solomon finished a statistical clinical survey that offers a fairly accurate picture of Noni’s medicinal benefits. In it, 67% of 847 people with cancer experienced significant lessening of their symptoms" (how much would be just a placebo effect is not known).

more at http://clem.mscd.edu...ate_Cancer.html and http://clem.mscd.edu...ancer/Noni.html

#48 evermore

• 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

returning to MJasmonate,

since it is thought to stimulate the immune system .... why not also at same time take some immune stimulants like
Coriolus Versicolour PSP extract or the yeast cell wall extract of beta 1,3D glucan (best made by Transfer Point, i understand).

optimal cancer therapeutic dosage could be 10 mg daily/pound of body weight for the yeast beta 1,3D glucan (some take even more, like 3 capsules of 500mg twice or thrice daily)

and 2 grams to 4 grams daily for a 30% PSP extract.

always take with water on empty stomach for best absorption.

http://www.eliteland...nd_coriolus.htm has information, but a 25 kg minimum product wholesale order limit. Representatives
2416 NE 88th Ave., Portland, OR., 97220 Tel: +1 503 860 4740, Fax: 503 257 3181 contact@elitelands.com http://www.eliteland...ts.htm#feedback
They also carry other mushroom extracts like Agaricus Blazei and Grifola frondosa ( Maitake mushroom ) both of which contain very high-molecular-weight polysaccharides which can produce greater immune stimulating effects (but likely low bioavailability, less intestinal absorption, otherwise, Agaricus B. and Grifola umbellate (zhu ling) has each been shown to give better recovery rates and anti-cancer effects than either Shiitake, Coriolus or Reishi). Regarding shiitake mushrooms, its lentinan extract is poorly absorb in intestinal tract and is usually give by injection, so not useful.

some take Agaricus Blazei with vitamin C powders so that vitamin C in the acid stomach will help break it down into smaller more absorbable molecules.

Elitelands minimal order, 25 Kg ?
maybe, some of us can band together to buy that minimal order amount of 25 Kilograms of Coriolus PSP. They use to allow selling of 1 kg amounts ... but, dont know without asking again.

otherwise, Coriolus PSP is sold 400mg extract per capsule on the internet. The Coriolus "PSK" is more used for viral infections.

i get yeast beta 1,3D glucan 500mg/capsule by Transfer Point from www.lef.org at 25% member discount.

Transfer Point’s Beta 1,3-D Glucan is yeast cell wall extract which even has higher purity then the glucan sold under WGP name. Purity matter much in immune stimulation ability.

Transfer Point’s beta 1,3D Glucan tested as best over all immune stimulant out of 6 tested in “An Evaluation of the Immunological Activites of Commercially Available Beta 1,3-Glucans” in JANA, Vol 10, No. 1, 2007.

The next in stimulant potency were Now Beta Glucan from Now Foods and Maitake Gold 404 from Mushroom Science. Unfortunately, the Maitake Gold 404 is usually sold in very small doses per tablet/capsule, very very expensive for the benefit.

for melanoma, immune stimulation by these "medicinal polysaccharides" can backfire, by immune system irritating the melanoma with inflammation, thus stimulanting the melanoma to metastasis. wonder how to prevent this inflammation .... however, MJasmonate is itself somewhat anti-inflammatory

Edited by evermore, 22 July 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#49 heavymetal

• 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

returning to MJasmonate,

since it is thought to stimulate the immune system .... why not also at same time take some immune stimulants like
Coriolus Versicolour PSP extract or the yeast cell wall extract of beta 1,3D glucan (best made by Transfer Point, i understand).

optimal cancer therapeutic dosage could be 10 mg daily/pound of body weight for the yeast beta 1,3D glucan (some take even more, like 3 capsules of 500mg twice or thrice daily)

and 2 grams to 4 grams daily for a 30% PSP extract.

always take with water on empty stomach for best absorption.

http://www.eliteland...nd_coriolus.htm has information, but a 25 kg minimum product wholesale order limit. Representatives
2416 NE 88th Ave., Portland, OR., 97220 Tel: +1 503 860 4740, Fax: 503 257 3181 contact@elitelands.com http://www.eliteland...ts.htm#feedback
They also carry other mushroom extracts like Agaricus Blazei and Grifola frondosa ( Maitake mushroom ) both of which contain very high-molecular-weight polysaccharides which can produce greater immune stimulating effects (but likely low bioavailability, less intestinal absorption, otherwise, Agaricus B. and Grifola umbellate (zhu ling) has each been shown to give better recovery rates and anti-cancer effects than either Shiitake, Coriolus or Reishi). Regarding shiitake mushrooms, its lentinan extract is poorly absorb in intestinal tract and is usually give by injection, so not useful.

some take Agaricus Blazei with vitamin C powders so that vitamin C in the acid stomach will help break it down into smaller more absorbable molecules.

Elitelands minimal order, 25 Kg ?
maybe, some of us can band together to buy that minimal order amount of 25 Kilograms of Coriolus PSP. They use to allow selling of 1 kg amounts ... but, dont know without asking again.

otherwise, Coriolus PSP is sold 400mg extract per capsule on the internet. The Coriolus "PSK" is more used for viral infections.

i get yeast beta 1,3D glucan 500mg/capsule by Transfer Point from www.lef.org at 25% member discount.

Transfer Point’s Beta 1,3-D Glucan is yeast cell wall extract which even has higher purity then the glucan sold under WGP name. Purity matter much in immune stimulation ability.

Transfer Point’s beta 1,3D Glucan tested as best over all immune stimulant out of 6 tested in “An Evaluation of the Immunological Activites of Commercially Available Beta 1,3-Glucans” in JANA, Vol 10, No. 1, 2007.

The next in stimulant potency were Now Beta Glucan from Now Foods and Maitake Gold 404 from Mushroom Science. Unfortunately, the Maitake Gold 404 is usually sold in very small doses per tablet/capsule, very very expensive for the benefit.

for melanoma, immune stimulation by these "medicinal polysaccharides" can backfire, by immune system irritating the melanoma with inflammation, thus stimulanting the melanoma to metastasis. wonder how to prevent this inflammation .... however, MJasmonate is itself somewhat anti-inflammatory

returning to EVERMORE,

Oops, since i have the same interest and follow the link to Elitelands, it looks the link is out-of-date. i found it is moved to http://www.eliteland...lor_PSP_PSK.pdf, is it right ? their site is : http://www.elitelands.com or http://www.mycopharma.com, whatsoever it goes to the same place.

I tried to contact Elitelands and got the reply that they serve the industry and there is minimal order amount of 25 Kilograms of Coriolus PSP, however, if you mentioned it we wish to obtain PSP for research, they can arrange it. They suggested me to buy from their distributors in small size.

According to distributor's word, Elitelands (Mycopharma) is selling at least equivalent to 11,000kgs PSP a year, and are the number one supplier for standardized PSP extract. They also have some other mushroom extracts i am interested. Such as Agaricus Blazei mushroom and Reishi mushroom extract.

I agree " high-molecular-weight polysaccharides which can produce greater immune stimulating effects". I think the effect of the impact on immune cells depends on the high molecular weight...just imaging that, a comet impact on earth Vs a satellite :p

Edited by heavymetal, 09 August 2009 - 04:59 PM.

#50 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

ppp, any updates you want to share?? Someone I know also has osteosarcoma in her left shoulder. Surgeons removed her left arm, shoulder and clavicle. Now we find out it has Met. to her lungs. It doesn't look well for her. I'm considering using graviola, selenium, curcumin and maybe mebendazole.

#51 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

ppp, any updates you want to share?? Someone I know also has osteosarcoma in her left shoulder. Surgeons removed her left arm, shoulder and clavicle. Now we find out it has Met. to her lungs. It doesn't look well for her. I'm considering using graviola, selenium, curcumin and maybe mebendazole.

Lufega I'm so sorry to hear this news about your friend. Please pass on my best wishes. There was a recent thread in the resveratrol forum on osteosarcoma which you might find useful. Let me put together what I've found out in the past year and I'll mail it to you - unless people feel that it's of general interest and worth sharing.

#52 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

This is my list of agents that have shown evidence of activity against osteoblastic osteosarcoma (the majority of osteosarcomas are osteoblastic):

Curcumin
EGCG
Resveratrol
DIM
Quercetin
Omega-3
Black seed (thymoquinone)
Selenium
Sulforaphane
Vitamin D3
Vitamin K2
Methyl Jasmonate
Mebendazole
Parthenolide

Of those there are some synergistic groups:

curcumin, omega-3, quercetin
selenium, thymoquinone
resveratrol, quercetin
DIM, sulforaphane

I'm sure there are other agents that I haven't listed, but that's a big enough list. The big problem for all of these is bioavailablity, which is the stumbling block for all dietary-based approaches. In the test tube resveratrol causes apoptosis in osteosarcoma cell lines at a level of 5uM, which is lower than many of the other agents. In India there is a trial going on that uses curcumin.

Aside from these there are some interesting signs in the field of immunotherapy. There is a trial just kicking off in Penn State University: NCT00944580, I would certianly contact them immediately. There is also something called Rexin-G which is another vaccine, that is worth following up.

Good luck. Mail me if you have any questions.

Pan

#53 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:18 AM

Resveratrol is effective if it can reach the tumor, and it doesn't if taking orally for non-GI tract cancers. So that looking for a prostate cancer alternative might want to try mixing a little DMSO with a lot of 99% resveratrol (until it precipitates out) from http://revgenetics.com and apply directly via the rectum. Applying stuff to the scrotum/testicles to try to get to the prostate seems half silly. Even applying it directly to the prostate may not do much if the tumor is on the opposite side. The DMSO is a common carrier used to transport the resv across cell walls. I've applied DMSO/resveratrol to sun-aged skin and have noticed what seems to be impressive results. But it's completely subjective. I have old pictures and maybe after 20 more applications I'll take more pics and compare. There is a spot where I do not apply for a different comparison measure. Of course with the search function here and the time-out of old posts not showing even on my profile, i'll never be able to find this post to give an update. Does anyone know how long resv in DMSO stays good at room temp? Indefinitely?

#54 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

Does anyone know how long resv in DMSO stays good at room temp? Indefinitely?

I don't know any hard numbers, but it's unlikely to be indefinitely. Here are some general rules: Compounds in solution decompose more rapidly than in the solid state. The more impure the resveratrol / DMSO solution is initially, the more rapidly it will decompose. The lower the temperature, the longer it will last. Try to keep it cool, dry, and away from light.

#55 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

Resveratrol is effective if it can reach the tumor, and it doesn't if taking orally for non-GI tract cancers.

Do you have a reference for this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#56 zorba990

• Topic Starter
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

I haven't found this elsewhere on imminst so I thought I would mention it here.

Stephen Robert Martin of Grouppe Kurosawa passed away in August.
Apparently he died of Viral Pneumonia. I was sad to hear of his passing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users