• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#31 Moonbeam

• 174 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

I'll wait to say for a while. (But could you edit your post and not quote my pics? It's a little redundant!)

P.S. Thanks.

Edited by Moonbeam, 28 November 2008 - 02:00 AM.

#32 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:21 AM

I was watching the video of Kristin Chenoweth.

I thought she was 24-27 the first time I saw her.

I did a WikiSearch on her. Turned out to be 40yo.

http://en.wikipedia....n_Chenoweth.jpg
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

Marqueemoon, I have yet to see someone beat the actor Scott Wolf's youthful appearance. Looks 10+ years younger for real, IMO. I think he's some 38 or so in this pic:

Posted Image

But, I find it more fascinating to witness older people have retained their physical abilities in advanced age.

Edited by kenj, 28 November 2008 - 11:38 AM.

#34 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

Speaking of older people...

Jane Seymour (57)

Isabel Preysler, Enrique Iglesias' mom (57)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkhqm__C1Ng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrjzSArK3E

#35 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

I do smile, just not all the time like some people.

I hope you do as I'm convinced smiling has beneficial effects on the whole organism, even faking a smile can make us happier. I postulate that without expressing a smile it's difficult or impossible to experience being "truly happy", i.e. by blocking a smile one is blocking parts of the positive emotions as well.

#36 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

Helen Mirren looks really good for being 63...
  • like x 1

#37 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

But I doubt going on CR would slow that down if it's in your genes.

I completely disagree with that. CR has been shown to slow down aging apperance in all animals tested, I don't see why humans would be any different?

Considering early hair loss is most often due to androgenic alopecia, there's a fair chance CR might help too (a side effect of CR is lowering T levels, will probably lower DHT levels too).

#38 Moonbeam

• 174 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

She looks great; you know what it is, it's the flat belly. That's the most important thing.

Nobody wants to guess my age, I'll take my pics down. (marqueemoon--I'm 44. People in real life always act surprised that I'm that old, so I think pics do make people look older. I hope so anyway.)

#39 marqueemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

She looks great; you know what it is, it's the flat belly. That's the most important thing.

Nobody wants to guess my age, I'll take my pics down. (marqueemoon--I'm 44. People in real life always act surprised that I'm that old, so I think pics do make people look older. I hope so anyway.)

Oh no. I hope I didn't make you feel terrible. Perhaps I tend to overestimate age, as I thought Matt looked older than other people have. Also, there's a tendency to assume people are much older than they look when they say "guess my age." It was the grey hair, not your face, that mostly made me think you were older than mid forties.

Edited by marqueemoon, 28 November 2008 - 08:40 PM.

#40 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

Yea I usually never tell people to guess my age. It always comes up randomly in some conversation.... then they're kind of very surprised that 6,7 or even sometimes 8 years OLDER than what they initially thought when they met me. I don't think going upto to someone and saying "Guess my age" is a clever way, because people do really tend to increase the age estimate. To get a good idea you'd probably have to have an incentive of some kind and get people to judge on how old they look with somehow not hinting that its about people trying to look younger at an older age. Just making it a straight guess the age of this person question. If that makes any sense... I know when I've taken photos of people, they tend to look older in photos, not all, but depends on lots of lighting conditions I suppose.

Edited by Matt, 28 November 2008 - 09:00 PM.

#41 Moonbeam

• 174 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

Oh no. I hope I didn't make you feel terrible. Perhaps I tend to overestimate age, as I thought Matt looked older than other people have. Also, there's a tendency to assume people are much older than they look when they say "guess my age." It was the grey hair, not your face, that mostly made me think you were older than mid forties.

Oh no, no worries, don't feel bad. It didn't bother me. (I felt a little silly after I put those enormous pics in, however--I didn't realize they would be like ten feet tall.) I feel like I've looked younger than I am for a long time, and people still act surprised at my age, but I guess everyone is right that it's hard to hide it in pics. It does depend a lot on what you're wearing, etc. (That was dyed blond! Not gray! But there is gray, yes, I guess you detected it.)

You're right Matt if people are guessing they tend to second-guess themselves, and adjust based on something else.

Actually, there's no reason for me to look young, I was terrible about sun when I was younger, and judging from how my parents look in their mid-sixties, my genes aren't the best either.

Sucks to get old! :~ Better than the alternative, right? ;-) Waiting for that singularity, and all our aging problems to be solved!

#42 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

Just took this pic this morning.

Completely unretouched 1 megapixel closeup, but, I do admit I cherry picked the lighting:
Early daylight through dusty car windows for that perfect complexion-enhancing effect.

2 months from 40:
Me!

Supernatural? Vampiric? I'll let the viewers decide. :-D

Argh! Just realized that a blotch of Curel is on my forehead, looking like a skin affliction!
Oh well!
Wait. Actually, a few streaks are present.
Darn. This pic may be uncool after all.
Kind of looks skeevy.
How long do I have to delete this post? An hour?

Edited by paulthekind, 06 December 2008 - 02:01 PM.

#43 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Two celebs who don't seem to age...

Jared Leto, 37, looks about 28:
http://www.imdb.com/...79808/nm0001467
http://www.imdb.com/...30432/nm0001467

Here he is at 33 looking about 24:
http://www.imdb.com/...11392/nm0001467

Stacey Dash at 42 looks 32:
http://www.imdb.com/...32256/nm0001107

At 41 looking 30:
http://www.imdb.com/...65952/nm0001107

This one is truly freaky
Alison Lohman at almost 30 could pass for 16-17:
http://www.imdb.com/...08928/nm0517844
http://www.imdb.com/...44832/nm0517844
http://www.imdb.com/...67616/nm0517844

sometimes even 15 depending on the photo...

These people look about their age to me, but then I tend to hang around with young-looking people (some gay subcultures tend to take good care of themselves), so my perceptions are probably a little skewed.

Also, I find it is easier to recognize people close to your own age. In other words, a well-kept forty year old can probably more easily recognize another well-kept forty year old than a thirty year old could.

Also, pictures are deceiving. Nicole Kidman, for example, looks very good in stills, but you can tell her real age by the way her face moves (at least until a couple of years ago - recently I hear it has finally stopped moving altogether :-D ).

Edited by andre, 06 December 2008 - 03:02 PM.

#44 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Completely unretouched 1 megapixel closeup, but, I do admit I cherry picked the lighting:
Early daylight through dusty car windows for that perfect complexion-enhancing effect.

2 months from 40:
Me!

Argh! Just realized that a blotch of Curel is on my forehead, looking like a skin affliction!
Oh well!
Kind of looks skeevy.

Looking good.

Looks younger than this guy

http://i8.photobucke...ld-virgin-1.jpg

#45 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

2 months from 40:
Me!

Oh well!
Kind of looks skeevy.

Looking good.

Looks younger than this guy

http://i8.photobucke...ld-virgin-1.jpg

LOLOL! :-D
Great movie, btw.

#46 Korimyr the Rat

• 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

I've always looked several years older than my actual age. Been able to pass for my mid-to-late twenties since I was in high school, and now I look to be in my mid-thirties.

Edited by Korimyr the Rat, 06 December 2008 - 04:34 PM.

#47 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

These people look about their age to me, but then I tend to hang around with young-looking people (some gay subcultures tend to take good care of themselves), so my perceptions are probably a little skewed.

Are you kidding me? Jared Leto looks out of this world and the other actors also tend to look great. However, I believe it's because of make-up, lightning, some airbrushing (?), etc.
Just my opinion, though.

paulthekind, looks great, do you have any wrinkles? None at rest it seems. Your complexion looks a little bit uneven, though, but still pretty good.

#48 marqueemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

Are you kidding me? Jared Leto looks out of this world and the other actors also tend to look great. However, I believe it's because of make-up, lightning, some airbrushing (?), etc.
Just my opinion, though.

paulthekind, looks great, do you have any wrinkles? None at rest it seems. Your complexion looks a little bit uneven, though, but still pretty good.

I have to agree. Jared Leto looks almost exactly the same as when he got his break on "My So Called Life" over ten years ago. He's genetically blessed.

A picture of him at 35: http://content8.flix...9610890_tml.jpg

Edited by marqueemoon, 06 December 2008 - 11:04 PM.

#49 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

Just my opinion, though.

I have to agree. Jared Leto looks almost exactly the same as when he got his break on "My So Called Life" over ten years ago. He's genetically blessed.

A picture of him at 35: http://content8.flix...9610890_tml.jpg

I guess it depends on what you are used to. He does look much better than the average 37 year old guy, but that is not saying much. I did not say he didn't look good, but 37 seems about right to me, since I have friends who are up to five years older, work out and take care of themselves, and look comparable or even better than him. In other words, that is more or less how I would expect a well taken care of 37 year old to look.

Also, remember that most images and films of actors are professionally done in a way that is tightly controlled. You will almost never see actors or actresses without makeup stumbling into some bad lighting. When you do, it is often quite a shock.
  • like x 1

#50 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

but pictures aren't always flattering anyway. I know loads of people that are MUCH BETTER in real life than in photos.

#51 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

what does it mean if you look younger than your actual chronological age anyway? Does this mean you win something? "Hey look at me I look 10 years younger than I really am" *posts photo*. I rather look 10 years older and had spent time experiencing every aspect of life like some tantric master on heat that made a million and one sacrifices trying to feed my ego's need to look younger.

Watch the video of Kristen whatever again and please explain why her smiles are horizontal. :I

By the way.....I look at least 10 years younger

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's a walk OFF!

EDIT: my contract at contactmusic must have expired

Edited by zoolander, 09 December 2008 - 01:53 PM.

#52 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

wow, shes 39-40 here and its from the movie Invasion which I only seen last night

Nicole Kidman
Posted Image

Edited by Matt, 09 December 2008 - 01:16 PM.

#53 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

what does it mean if you look younger than your actual chronological age anyway? Does this mean you win something? "

It might mean you've got something in your genes that could confer longevity. You can also have sex with people much younger than your age. I recently started dating a 20-year-old and i'm 27. Interesting that lots of very very sexy people have longevity genes.

#54 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

re. Nicole Kidman....have you ever seen her smile? The botox demon won't let her.

re. your comments caston....have been diving in her dumpster yet? hang on.....don't answer that!

#55 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

yeah I seen her smile and stuff in the movie which was made in 2007 (the one form that picture). Didn't seem like she had a frozen face or couldnt express facial emotions. But whatever, she looks amazing!

#56 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

yeah I seen her smile and stuff in the movie which was made in 2007 (the one form that picture). Didn't seem like she had a frozen face or couldnt express facial emotions. But whatever, she looks amazing!

I agree. She looks like a beautiful 40-year old.

#57 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

#58 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

If I stay out of the sun does that mean I can have some longevity genes too?

What the hell is a "longevity gene" anyway? That's like calling something a "good fat".

#59 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

What the hell is a "longevity gene" anyway? That's like calling something a "good fat".

I got the good fats and they is all arounds my belly! My belly! My belly!

#60 NDM

• 343 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

based on what I 've read in evolutionary biology, there seems to be a tendency for superior species towards increased neoteny,
a physical correlate of which is (physical) arrested development at the teenage stage. By this logic, people with youthful appearance constitute a phenotype that reflects an underlying genotype blessed with a higher than average percentage of those allele that have driven the evolutionary trend towards neoteny.

The mechanism across thousands of years would be:
neoteny genes ---> youthful looks ---> more sex ----> more offsprings ---> increased frequency of neoteny genes in the population

Maybe silly, maybe not...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)