• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

DL-Phenylalanine and Deprenyl - Complimentary Together, or Overkill?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dumbdumb

• 115 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:55 AM

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'm already taking DL-Phenylalanine, but the posts on this forum have got me awfully curious about Deprenyl. Is there any harm in stacking the two, or would my starting on the latter render the former superfluous - or dangerous?
Thanks very much, take care, happy holidays.

#2 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:09 AM

okay a lot of people here that say its dangerous obviously havent tried it them selves.

i was on a 5mg deprenyl a day for a month or two.

only thing that was a over kill was taking more than 600mg PEA at once while on Deprenyl. would make you feel sick for hours..

i have taken
1000mg Tyrosine with 2000mg DL-Phenylalanine with no negative side effects while on Deprenyl.
i didnt feel anything more than just a energy burst

while L-Dopa with Deprenyl had more of an effect than any combination...

i also have taken Methamphetamine with a large dose of deprenyl since studies show 10mg Deprenyl prior to Methamphetamine use is actually beneficial rather than dangerous..
i have also taken deprenyl before MDMA use with no negative side effects.. but rather potentiation, in a good way

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

okay a lot of people here that say its dangerous obviously havent tried it them selves.

i was on a 5mg deprenyl a day for a month or two.

only thing that was a over kill was taking more than 600mg PEA at once while on Deprenyl. would make you feel sick for hours..

i have taken
1000mg Tyrosine with 2000mg DL-Phenylalanine with no negative side effects while on Deprenyl.
i didnt feel anything more than just a energy burst

while L-Dopa with Deprenyl had more of an effect than any combination...

i also have taken Methamphetamine with a large dose of deprenyl since studies show 10mg Deprenyl prior to Methamphetamine use is actually beneficial rather than dangerous..
i have also taken deprenyl before MDMA use with no negative side effects.. but rather potentiation, in a good way

ok,, can you show me the studies showing methamphetamine, and a large dose of deprenyl is actually beneficial??? and MDMA??? I would feel more comfortable reading a study rather than take your word, no offense to anything you say. its just with advice like this, a bit of literature to support what you say will put me at ease in case someone wants to try your mix....

#4 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Euhhhm, are we a drug-related forum? There are "better" places to discuss MDMA usage if you really need to.

Edited by Brainbox, 19 December 2008 - 01:45 PM.

• dislike x 1

#5 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

You need to ask yourself what you're trying to do. Obviously somebody who's using drugs like X and meth is not after life-extension or nootropic goals; notably the two are often meant to overlap under the "neuroprotection" moniker, but that gets pushed aside. I would say that if you are truly inclined to do it, use a low dose. Do not take PEA with Selegiline, that's just begging for a problem. Merely getting sick is lucky, you could do all kinds of damage like that. As per the DL-Phenlyalinine, I've seen it cited elsewhere that you need to cut back the dosage pretty drastically if you're taking it with selegiline, but the synergy could yield an anti-depressant type effect. I'm sketchy on it, but I think the dose was more in the order of 75mg for the DL-PA.

#6 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

The reason I ask for literature is not to educate myself on how to take my meth or MDMA. I hate meth, and I stopped taking MDMA, and I am not willing to take them anytime again and I am obviouly never gunna take them with selly. I know how negatively they have affected my attention span and memory, but beside the point....

If ur gunna come out and say, YEA IVE SEEN STUDIES WHERE METH AND LARGE DOSES OF DEPRENYL CAN BE HELPFUL, you need to back that up. Cuz you dont know who could be surfing, and I really dont want anyone to try it, and end up in a bad state..... as a matter of fact, i find comments of suggestion such as these disturbing, and probably has no place, as the previous gentleman has stated, in these forums.

#7 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

Meth is a great nootropic, but only at some prety small doses like 1-5mg. It's basically amphetamine but more powerful and with fewer side effects.
  • Good Point x 1

#8 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

Problems with meth:
1) Illegal, very illegal; therefore hard to obtain high quality meth
2) Dangerous to make, easily contaminated or poisonous
3) Burns out your neurotransmitter pathways. Even at smaller doses you're still trading off a little short term gain for long term negative consequences.
Discussing methamphetamine (as opposed to repairing the damage of it, dealing with an addiction, etc) is not in keeping with the spirit of the forums. Bluelight.ru and Erowid are more geared towards these types of discussions.
  • Disagree x 1

#9 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

Problems with meth:
1) Illegal, very illegal; therefore hard to obtain high quality meth
2) Dangerous to make, easily contaminated or poisonous
3) Burns out your neurotransmitter pathways. Even at smaller doses you're still trading off a little short term gain for long term negative consequences.
Discussing methamphetamine (as opposed to repairing the damage of it, dealing with an addiction, etc) is not in keeping with the spirit of the forums. Bluelight.ru and Erowid are more geared towards these types of discussions.

1. Not in the US. Not if prescribed by a doctor, anyway. Trade name desoxyn.
2. that's why I recommend a drug store. Detergent and talcum powder is not particularly good for your brain.
3. It's no different than other amphetamines in this respect. If you snort it, it can cause great damage in a relatively short time, especially in large doses. If you take it as prescribed in sane doses, it's not really a problem. If anything, it has fewer side effects than adderall and ritalin, which is why it's popular as a street drug - you can do large quantities without having a heart attack or clawing your eyes out in a psychotic episode. The only reason it's a last line instead of first line for ADD and narcolepsy treatment is that it's got the word meth in it. In fact all the stimulants are virtually the same. Dexedrine similarly gets (got?) a bad rap because it was known as a street drug for some time, but stimulants all work the same way. Caffeine's no different really, either, except that it's the opposite of meth in its side effect profile and would kill you to take the doses you'd need to get the same euphoria you can get from amphetamine and methamphetamine.

Edited by bgwithadd, 21 December 2008 - 08:41 AM.

• Agree x 1

#10 djmmm

• 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

The reason I ask for literature is not to educate myself on how to take my meth or MDMA. I hate meth, and I stopped taking MDMA, and I am not willing to take them anytime again and I am obviouly never gunna take them with selly. I know how negatively they have affected my attention span and memory, but beside the point....

If ur gunna come out and say, YEA IVE SEEN STUDIES WHERE METH AND LARGE DOSES OF DEPRENYL CAN BE HELPFUL, you need to back that up. Cuz you dont know who could be surfing, and I really dont want anyone to try it, and end up in a bad state..... as a matter of fact, i find comments of suggestion such as these disturbing, and probably has no place, as the previous gentleman has stated, in these forums.

There are numerous studies regarding MAO-B inhibition and MDMA. Since MDMA is a methamphetamine, they both share the same mechanism of neurotoxicity (oxidation of dopamine).

Monoamine oxidase-B mediates ecstasy-induced neurotoxic effects to adolescent rat brain mitochondria.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....Pubmed_RVDocSum

3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, ecstasy)-mediated production of hydrogen peroxide in an in vitro model: the role of dopamine, the serotonin-reuptake transporter, and monoamine oxidase-B.

Deprenyl treatment attenuates long-term pre- and post-synaptic changes evoked by chronic methamphetamine.

The monoamine oxidase-B inhibitor L-deprenyl protects against 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine-induced lipid peroxidation and long-term serotonergic deficits.

Inhibition of MAO-B protects against MDMA-induced neurotoxicity in the striatum.
  • WellResearched x 1

#11 dumbdumb

• Topic Starter
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

In the future, can you guys make some small effort not to take-over and totally derail someone else's thread?
I don't give a fuck about MDMA or meth. I asked a simple question that I hoped for some advice on, and you jokers screwed it up; my query got only a modicum of attention. Start your own thread.
  • Agree x 1

#12 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

There are numerous studies regarding MAO-B inhibition and MDMA. Since MDMA is a methamphetamine, they both share the same mechanism of neurotoxicity (oxidation of dopamine).

Monoamine oxidase-B mediates ecstasy-induced neurotoxic effects to adolescent rat brain mitochondria.

3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, ecstasy)-mediated production of hydrogen peroxide in an in vitro model: the role of dopamine, the serotonin-reuptake transporter, and monoamine oxidase-B.

Deprenyl treatment attenuates long-term pre- and post-synaptic changes evoked by chronic methamphetamine.

The monoamine oxidase-B inhibitor L-deprenyl protects against 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine-induced lipid peroxidation and long-term serotonergic deficits.

Inhibition of MAO-B protects against MDMA-induced neurotoxicity in the striatum.

Thank you. I just needed the literature in supporting of such a statement. I still wouldn't take large doses of deprenyl though. 1mg or so might be fine, but jumping any higher than that during the first try may lead to unpleasant effects.

My apologies dumbdumb, I don't know the answer to your question. I am sorry for getting pulled into a different direction from the original thread. I hope someone will answer your question.

Edited by medicineman, 21 December 2008 - 06:29 PM.

#13 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

In the future, can you guys make some small effort not to take-over and totally derail someone else's thread?
I don't give a fuck about MDMA or meth. I asked a simple question that I hoped for some advice on, and you jokers screwed it up; my query got only a modicum of attention. Start your own thread.

First off, deprenyl is basically a prodrug for meth. You're just taking very low dose time release meth.

Second off, regardless of deprenyl or any other medication, no one should be supplementing with DEA-phenylalanine. That's like supplementing with aspartame or dishwasher detergent.

It's more of a drug than a supplement, and not one with any therapeutic value. I think that's probably why you didn't get much response.

On the other hand l-dopa or tyrosine might be a good bet but you'll have to experiment to see how it works for you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 yborcity

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

@dumbdumb:

hi, i am recovering this thread from 2008 but still pertinent.

i am also interested to stack  dl phenylalanine+ deprenyl.

I am 45 yo and on 2,5 mg of jumex tablets a day at breakfast. ( would like to swith to liquid deprenyl form but still too pricey imo)

I am willing to stack either dl phenylalanine or tyrosine (dopamine enhnacers) so you were cautious to ask the question of overkill or complementary,  did you try  thme both it finally?

regards, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users