* * * * * 19 votes

Cerebrolysin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2208 replies to this topic

#2101 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

Despite the name, it is not a solution, just as their Selank and SEMAX aren't. From the description: 

Product contains one vial of P21 peptide (100mg). Purchase a bottle of bacteriostatic water separately. One bottle of bacteriostatic water will be suitable for many peptide vials.

• like x 2

#2102 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

I'm actually concerned with how strong a 1mg dose of P21 was for me. I did not sleep that night and felt almost hypomanic. I did not take P21 yesterday and am not sure when I will take it again. But I will lower the dose to 0.5mg when I do.

Despite the name, it is not a solution, just as their Selank and SEMAX aren't. From the description: 

Product contains one vial of P21 peptide (100mg). Purchase a bottle of bacteriostatic water separately. One bottle of bacteriostatic water will be suitable for many peptide vials.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2103 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

I'm actually concerned with how strong a 1mg dose of P21 was for me. I did not sleep that night and felt almost hypomanic. I did not take P21 yesterday and am not sure when I will take it again. But I will lower the dose to 0.5mg when I do.

Thanks for the experience report.  Would you say that the effects have some similarity to Cerebrolysin or completely different?  I was thinking that P21 may make Cerebrolysin obsolete.

#2104 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

I've never taken Cerebrolysin.

I have taken P21 a few more times since that post and did not feel effects as strongly. That said, I found increased motivation and focus. I feel like writing more and accomplishing tasks. Also noticed increased confidence and sociability. All this makes me wonder if it has dopaminergic effects. It seems like a reasonable version of adderall.

Thanks for the experience report.  Would you say that the effects have some similarity to Cerebrolysin or completely different?  I was thinking that P21 may make Cerebrolysin obsolete.

#2105 barbelith42

• 25 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

I agree with PowerfulP on the above regarding P21. I just finished my first 120mg and I'm getting more. It's my favorite nootropic so far. It apparently increases tyrosine hydroxylase metabolism -- at least in the striatum -- increasing tyrosine's conversion to dopamine. Cerebrolysin has the same effect according to publications, although I can't speak to its relative efficacy objectively or subjectively as I haven't tried cerebrolysin.
  • like x 1

#2106 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

P21 deserves it's own thread. All due respect but let's not hijack this the Cerebrolysin thread.

P21 is interesting but I don't like that it wasn't manufactured by a drug company and went through trials the way Cerebrolysin did. No data to support it's effectiveness or inform of us of dangers etc.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#2107 barbelith42

• 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

P6 (specifically subsection P6c) was found by epitope mapping to be a primary active peptide of Cerebrolysin, which is composed of amino acids and peptides derived by enzymatic degradation from pig brains. It couldn't cross the blood-brain barrier very well and was easily degraded by enzymes before then, so they added admantane to the C-terminus of the compound to solve that problem and called it peptide 21. It's a common solution to enhance blood-brain barrier permeability issues (viz. Memantine). It's part of the process of creating a totally synthetic version of Cerebrolysin without the excess amino acids and peptides. Essentially, it's one component of Cerebrolysin, so we do have information about its effects. It hasn't gone through 3 stages of pharmaceutical trials and been manufactured by a global pharmaceutical company yet, no. Neither have many of the compounds we discuss here, though; and we do have a large body of information on the solution that it was isolated from, which has all of those.

Here's the P21 thread with the study at the top:
http://www.longecity...ed-peptide-p21/

Edited by barbelith42, 13 October 2014 - 01:00 AM.

• like x 2

#2108 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

P6 (specifically subsection P6c) was found by epitope mapping to be a primary active peptide of Cerebrolysin, which is composed of amino acids and peptides derived by enzymatic degradation from pig brains. It couldn't cross the blood-brain barrier very well and was easily degraded by enzymes before then, so they added admantane to the C-terminus of the compound to solve that problem and called it peptide 21. It's a common solution to enhance blood-brain barrier permeability issues (viz. Memantine). It's part of the process of creating a totally synthetic version of Cerebrolysin without the excess amino acids and peptides. Essentially, it's one component of Cerebrolysin, so we do have information about its effects. It hasn't gone through 3 stages of pharmaceutical trials and been manufactured by a global pharmaceutical company yet, no. Neither have many of the compounds we discuss here, though; and we do have a large body of information on the solution that it was isolated from, which has all of those.

Here's the P21 thread with the study at the top:
http://www.longecity...ed-peptide-p21/

Although its Brain delivered, nobody cant say whether this dosage or peptide is generally good.

Therefore:

No Trials = Something for the Brave or Desperate.

• like x 2

#2109 Nero

• 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:16 AM

Does P21 need to be injected im or subq and does it need to be diluted ?

#2110 chairofgold

• 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I just do not want to bring out a product that is wildly under-dosed. It seems that by my calculations, active human dosages start around 35mg, with 100-200mg being the strongest.

It seems like an awesome peptide, and remains active for 3 days. So I am going to keep trying to figure out a way to make it work. My lab did not give me much discount for larger dosages. I had them go all the way up to 100mg/vial in case we found out dosages were much higher. I would have to charge a ton at the price they are giving me. Nobody would pay over $400 for 3 light doses or one normal dose. 

That's for the P21 that Ceretropic sells  for $120. It's a one time shot. 

#2111 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

I am still waiting for my order from Gerovital shipped yesterday. I had a discussion with the owner of the shop and she gave me quick very helpful replies. As I am going to miss the special from Nootropics.eu due to a lack of funds the following days (wait for a paycheck in hopefully 10 days) I asked her if she can make a "group special" offer for Longecity members in the future. She told me that if five or more people order 4 boxes of 5x10ml (filling an order note in the site being members of Longecity) she would go as low as 190 for the 4 10ml boxes, EMS shipping included. When I asked her about due date, told me 2017.

If I get 5 PMs (myself I am not 100% sure as I have not tried Cerebrolysin) that are definitely interested, you can order with 190 Euros. 

#2112 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

Has anyone found Cerebrolysin helpful for physical fatigue? 

#2113 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

No, at least I didnt noticed anything in those regards.

I´ve found carnosine good for stamina, if its worth

#2114 Tyrosanity

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hey longecity cerebrolysin users,

I recently started a cerebrolysin poll to have some collective qualitative data on our experiences. I originally posted this up on /r/nootropics, then as an independent thread here but it didn't get much attention. I've got responses from around 13 people now and am excited to share results, but want to wait until I can collect a large enough sample size to get lateral data, in terms of "those who did X tended to experience a greater degree of X", etc.

My two 20-day regimens were extremely positive experiences with strong enhanced: clarity of thought, motivation, ability to make connections, SL/LT memory and brightening of old memories, mood, rather serene present-moment awareness; as well as a reduction in most negative effects of inebriation (cognitive, etc. from alcohol and marijuana), and an increase in the positive/euphoric aspects of substances such as the former and: caffeine, nicotine, MDMA, ALCAR, and NALT. 

I've talked to many on here and on /r/nootropics who also experienced very noticeable positive effects, and a few who noticed little to nothing. With a poll like this, hopefully we can compile some factors as to the effectiveness of cerebrolysin. The more people that fill it out the better sample of data we can have!

Link to the poll!

Edited by Tyrosanity, 11 November 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#2115 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

I got my order of three boxes of Cerebrolysin today from Gerovital. I did the injection with a 25g needle earlier today... Nothing to report yet. 

#2116 Tyrosanity

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

^Exciting! On average, people respond halfway through regimens around the 5th dose. It tends to be a gradual progression of effects up until that point in which you stop and fully realize the nature of the effects in comparison to before starting the regimen.

• like x 1

#2117 dlancelot

• 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

I have been using Selank (coming up on 30 days), started at a dose of 100mcg/day and ramped up to 400mcg a day after 4 days (wanted to be safe as it's a new substance to my body), sub-Q injections (insulin needle style).

I hadn't really noticed a big difference over this time.  When I took a week off, I noticed being more alert and focused during that off week!? Weird no?  I'm now looking at a substance that's more noticeable, and the IM shots of the Cerebrolysin is a bit intimidating (don't think I can jab my muscle with a needle; psychologically speaking).

Do you guys have any suggestions?

#2118 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:11 AM

Unfortunately I can't recommend this from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE..... (yet), but perhaps SEMAX! It's on my list of things to try, it sounds pretty damn promising. I'll be giving it a shot soon.

Edited by Rior, 12 November 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#2119 tempestcha

• 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

I tried to place an order for Cerebrolysin from Gerovital today but the process failed; appears their Paypal account is frozen. Anyone suggest alternative sources? Gerovital's prices are far better than other vendors mentioned in this thread.

#2120 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

Great poll tyro. The only question I would add is where did you purchase it from?

Edited by fj929, 17 November 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#2121 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

I tried to place an order for Cerebrolysin from Gerovital today but the process failed; appears their Paypal account is frozen. Anyone suggest alternative sources? Gerovital's prices are far better than other vendors mentioned in this thread.

As far as I remeber, You have to wait untill You got the paypal link sent to Your E-mail or something like that.

It has been fault since ever.

Read ALLWAYS the description on the site or at the payment step !

Otherwise, send an E-mail.

#2122 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

I am going to stop taking Cerebrolysin for now, I am having some adverse effects, I am sure its 100% me (previous health issues) when I ll feel better, I ll start again. For now I am giving my Cerebrolysin to a friend that had a serious concussion last year.

#2123 Tyrosanity

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

I have gotten mine both times and referred all friends/family to nootropic.eu

#2124 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Both for Gerovital and Superhuman gear you have to message them first, before placing an order.

#2125 dlancelot

• 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Ceretropic seems good in N.A.

#2126 Diego55

• 108 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

hello, I am interested in trying cerebrolysin but primarily as a solution for my long-term struggle with social anxiety and GAD. My psychiatrist is quite open to the idea of off-label treatment in my case, so i wonder if there is at least one study that proves efficacy of cerebrolysin for anxiety ? ...I have read some anecdotal reports from people who used cerebrolysin for anxiety issues with a lot of success

#2127 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hi everyone I just tried Cerebrolysin for the first time yesterday. I seem significantly more awake and alert but am suffering from some terrible Nausea. Is this normal? Does it pass? I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this.

thanks

#2128 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

Yes its normal the nausea lasts for maximal 30min and the awakeness increases and/or decreases over a few hours. Ive became once even shaky for 10min with a drop of bloodsugar.

Increased wellbeeing + cognition lasted for 2 days after the first few times, but declined with the usage towards baseline, like a kind of desentitation

Edited by Flex, 23 November 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#2129 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

My nausea is lasting much longer than 30min. I took the injection yesterday around 1 pm. Still very nauseas today.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2130 dlancelot

• 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

FJ, was your diet, health and wellbeing all excellent before starting the cere?
If not, do you have any medical issues, or any blood tests that show you're low in a vitamin/mineral?
Could you have jabbed a vein? (Blood shows in the form of a bruise?)
  • Good Point x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users