Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

NOOPEPT

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#61 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

you deviate off on your own tangent like a politican or an internet marketer...

Anyway I don't have time to care, I just sniff thru datastreams enough to know the patterns.

:|o The fun part is that there's no defense available if you're convinced about your deductive patterns. It's too bad that inductive reasoning is all we can rely on when it comes to reading individuals. But yeah, you can check my older posts--I gave the same flowery spiel about all sorts of other noots, and I'd be damn lucky if I were getting paid for it by multiple companies.

#62 Neuronic

• 121 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

you deviate off on your own tangent like a politican or an internet marketer...

Anyway I don't have time to care, I just sniff thru datastreams enough to know the patterns.

;) The fun part is that there's no defense available if you're convinced about your deductive patterns. It's too bad that inductive reasoning is all we can rely on when it comes to reading individuals. But yeah, you can check my older posts--I gave the same flowery spiel about all sorts of other noots, and I'd be damn lucky if I were getting paid for it by multiple companies.

Did noopept help your memory any?
long-term / short?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Bioscience, Health & Nutrition -> Supplements -> Retailer/Product Discussion" to "Bioscience, Health & Nutrition -> Supplements -> Nootropics".
  • like x 1

#64 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

A study from last year:

Comparative studies of Noopept and piracetam in the treatment of patients with mild cognitive disorders in organic brain diseases of vascular and traumatic origin.

The present study was performed in the framework of a multicenter trial addressing clinical studies of the therapeutic efficacy and safety of the fundamentally new nootropic agent Noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester). A randomized comparative clinical trial of Noopept and piracetam was performed in two groups of patients: 37 with CNS diseases of vascular origin (aged over 50 years) and 16 patients with post-traumatic CNS damage (aged 18-60 years). Noopept was used at a daily dose of 20 mg (as two doses) and piracetam at a daily dose of 1200 mg (as three doses). Of 37 patients with organic emotionally labile (asthenic) disorder, 21 received Noopept and 16 received piracetam; of 16 with post-concussional syndrome, 10 received Noopept and six received piracetam. Results provides evidence that patients with psychoorganic disorders (in which the clinical picture is determined by the combination of mild cognitive disorders and neurosis-like disorders) can achieve better therapeutic outcomes by using Noopept.

Keep us posted about sources for this.

Also I'd like to repeat a question I posted in another thread if anyone knows the answer:

The FAQ translated by google says this:

How often can I repeat the treatment Noopept?

The duration of intake Noopept depends on the nature of the disease, is usually recommended course of 1,5-3 months, which can be repeated after a month's break.

I can't find much mention of side effects and most studies are in Russian. They hail it as being neuroprotective and super-awesome in every way in all the studies and in their marketing sooooo... does anyone know why you shouldn't take this chronically?
  • like x 1

#65 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Some current source discussion here.

Also see MoodyBlue's detailed account here (several posts), as well as Ben's thread.

#66 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

I can't find much mention of side effects and most studies are in Russian. They hail it as being neuroprotective and super-awesome in every way in all the studies and in their marketing sooooo... does anyone know why you shouldn't take this chronically?

Because it's coming from Russia....? :-D Land of Badger Fat!

#67 Bentonite

• 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

Any good source for this noot? Pharmacy 1010 has it out of stock...

#68 Bentonite

• 33 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:44 AM

No one knows?

#69 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

Do we have any more reports? I feel like I've read and re-read the few that have been shared already. Is there any kind of majority feeling about Noopept or are its effects still the most part unclear? It seems irritability is a side-effect that presented in more than one user.

#70 Ghost

• 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

I used to doubt this noopept would make me feel any better.
But it makes me fell happier, more motivated and confident to do work and studying,.

I used to be a slacker. Lazy, not even recognizing how my bedroom is a mess every single day. Used to stay for more than 12 hours on the computer everyday, playing games and chatting with people. Stupid too, hoping someday someone knocks at my door offering me a nice job that pays high.
I feel different now. Today I washed the dishes, cleaned the entire house, went to work very confidently and now i can talk to people without worrying too much (I also used to be very shy). And i do not feel tired, to the contrary, I could do this all day long.

But just like some other people that took noopept, sometimes I feel very irritated, but because I become very perfectionist, and when I see something that it is not perfect in my eyes, I get angry.

*Sorry about the bad English. English is my second language*
  • like x 2

#71 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

But it makes me fell happier, more motivated and confident to do work and studying,.

I used to be a slacker. Lazy, not even recognizing how my bedroom is a mess every single day. Used to stay for more than 12 hours on the computer everyday, playing games and chatting with people. Stupid too, hoping someday someone knocks at my door offering me a nice job that pays high.
I feel different now. Today I washed the dishes, cleaned the entire house, went to work very confidently and now i can talk to people without worrying too much (I also used to be very shy). And i do not feel tired, to the contrary, I could do this all day long.

But just like some other people that took noopept, sometimes I feel very irritated, but because I become very perfectionist, and when I see something that it is not perfect in my eyes, I get angry.

I'm having very similar results except with a lack of irritation/aggression. What dosage are you taking and how are you taking it?

#72 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

http://www.dealextre...0515?r=24763572
This balance will help to measure powder

#73 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'm having very similar results except with a lack of irritation/aggression. What dosage are you taking and how are you taking it?

Anecdotes are scarce on this racetam, but I'm trying this out at the moment, and feeling quite good like above posters. Anymore feedback?

I'm taking 40mg first thing in the morning, in a glass of water, and some days I also take 20mg in the evening, but for the serotonergic "feel good" effects, one dose/day seems to be enough, FWIW.

Honestly, noopept feels more 'useful' in daily life than piracetam; my (short/long-term) memory and speech feels more enhanced, but this is obviously a premature statement.
I've paused piracetam during this, but continue to take ani every couple days with noopept.

#74 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

Yeah I found AwakeBrain just today and saw the Google ad when doing a search. I purchased the 10 gram powder from CerebralHealth for $20 less since AwakeBrain's offering is just too expensive. The product is worth about $15 but due to being one of the few outlets for the real deal they are obviously marking the price up considerably.. 50 x 10mg doses for $70. Compared to CH powder where you get 1000 x 10mg doses for $50. 950 additional doses for $20 less? To me it's a no brainer. The added cost isn't worth merely saving time getting correct doses measured, in my opinion. As far as CH as a source for the powder I feel that the company is reputable. They are based in Florida and they haven't appeared shady to me. I have purchased bulk piracetam and aniracetam from them previously and was quite satisfied.

Edited by JChief, 27 October 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#75 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

what is the difference between CerebralHealth Noopept and AwakeBrain's Noopept? I have bought stuff from them and they have worked. So what is so great about AwakeBrain's Noopept? Seems they are the scammer by trying to get your money for a product that you can get from another company with extreme higher dosage and less money.
  • like x 1

#76 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Indeed. You are paying a premium for the actual brand name product. I guess it's convenient to not have to measure your dosages but you're correct. It's all about supply and demand. Cerebral Health is by far the best value if you are just comparing apples to apples. No question.
  • like x 1

#77 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

what is the difference between CerebralHealth Noopept and AwakeBrain's Noopept? I have bought stuff from them and they have worked. So what is so great about AwakeBrain's Noopept? Seems they are the scammer by trying to get your money for a product that you can get from another company with extreme higher dosage and less money.

Another difference is that I've deleted several blatant spam posts from AwakeBrain this week. Doesn't say anything about their product, but it's definitely not very classy.
  • like x 1

#78 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

Another difference is that I've deleted several blatant spam posts from AwakeBrain this week. Doesn't say anything about their product, but it's definitely not very classy.

Thanks chrono

#79 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

To those who have used Noopept how much of an emotional dulling effect does it have? I know someone mentioned when dosing high it had somewhat of that effect but i'm wondering with typical doses or slightly high doses like 50-75mgs. I know piracetam when i mega dosed gave me that type of effect but it wasn't too bad. Also when i tried Nefiracetam i was completely numb and had no feelings whatsover which was no good. I'm hoping when i get my order that isnt' the case. Anyone? Thanks

#80 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

To those who have used Noopept how much of an emotional dulling effect does it have? I know someone mentioned when dosing high it had somewhat of that effect but i'm wondering with typical doses or slightly high doses like 50-75mgs. I know piracetam when i mega dosed gave me that type of effect but it wasn't too bad. Also when i tried Nefiracetam i was completely numb and had no feelings whatsover which was no good. I'm hoping when i get my order that isnt' the case. Anyone? Thanks

Personally, I didn't notice any emotional dulling with normal doses. In a single daily intake I noticed emotional blunting at 300mgs. But while mega-dosing at 100mg twice a day, it took almost two weeks to notice those blunting effects. Everyone is different but at 50-75mg you should be fine.

I'd suggest starting at 20-40mgs though, that dose seems to work really well and if you find success at lower dosages there's little reason to increase them. Also keep in mind that the effects build in intensity every day for about a week or so.

Also, moderate choline supplementation would be advisable, especially with longer-term use.

#81 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

I don't notice any emotional blunting and I take maybe 50mg per day.

#82 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

Wow, the half-life is 0.38h, that's a shame!
Anyone tried mixing it with other nootropics?

Edited by renfr, 24 January 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#83 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

I guess the short half life is no problem, since it appears that not Noopept, but a metabolite is responsible for the nootropic benefits. The metabolite is actually an endegenous neuropeptide which is pretty interesting.

I would like to add, that I got sensitive to cold temperatures, which has never been an issue.

I have been mixing Noopept with Piracetam, Coffee and Choline yet.
When I feel brave I will try it with Oxiracetam or Aniracetam, since I imagine they add up quite nicely.
The best effect I got from Noopept was taking 25mg when "coming of" (if there is such thing) from 100mg Modafinil, approx. 7h after taking the Modafinil.
But I'm too afraid to take both together. Noopept is taking away the stupidness I sometime experiance on Modafinil. Also I recently get in a bad mood when on Modafinil. Like a feeling of deep sadness :). Noopept takes away all signs of a depressed mind.
I mst agree that it is a very efficient antidepressant. It will have to do with it's effect on the CA1 pyramidal cells. Increased BDNF in the hypocampus area is also associated with depression, besides addiction and anorexia. But if high or low BDNF levels positively or negatively influence this indication is ot of my knowledge. Probably there is not even a direct connection, but just a consequence. Like CR elevates BDNF, anorixics have elevated BDNF levels. So that mind not have an effect on their addiction behavior but is a consequence of restrcited caloric intake.

Edited by Cephalon, 24 January 2012 - 11:22 AM.

• like x 1

#84 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

I guess the short half life is no problem, since it appears that not Noopept, but a metabolite is responsible for the nootropic benefits. The metabolite is actually an endegenous neuropeptide which is pretty interesting.

I would like to add, that I got sensitive to cold temperatures, which has never been an issue.

I have been mixing Noopept with Piracetam, Coffee and Choline yet.
When I feel brave I will try it with Oxiracetam or Aniracetam, since I imagine they add up quite nicely.
The best effect I got from Noopept was taking 25mg when "coming of" (if there is such thing) from 100mg Modafinil, approx. 7h after taking the Modafinil.
But I'm too afraid to take both together. Noopept is taking away the stupidness I sometime experiance on Modafinil. Also I recently get in a bad mood when on Modafinil. Like a feeling of deep sadness :). Noopept takes away all signs of a depressed mind.
I mst agree that it is a very efficient antidepressant. It will have to do with it's effect on the CA1 pyramidal cells. Increased BDNF in the hypocampus area is also associated with depression, besides addiction and anorexia. But if high or low BDNF levels positively or negatively influence this indication is ot of my knowledge. Probably there is not even a direct connection, but just a consequence. Like CR elevates BDNF, anorixics have elevated BDNF levels. So that mind not have an effect on their addiction behavior but is a consequence of restrcited caloric intake.

That's good then, the metabolite is cyclo-L-prolyl glycine, there's no data on half-life, except for glycine which ranges from 30 mins to 4h, that's really random, how long do you feel it acting?
I'm currently using a mix of oxiracetam, aniracetam, fish oil and ALCAR
I ordered 1 gram for 15$ on ebay, can't wait to try it out!

#85 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi

I can hardly tell. The initial effects will probably last 1 hour.
The subtil after effects are still noticable for 4 or so hours.
The change of perception happens while holding the powder sublingual for good 5-7 minutes. 15 minutes after swallowing the remaining powder there will be a noticable 2. boost. But the effect was only substancially intense when using Noopept the first time after priorly taking Modafinil. After a few days I still enjoy Noopepts effects.

I noticed, that if taking Noopept early in the morning it even hinders my concentration a bit, so I will keep using it in the evening hours.

The manufacturer states the main nootropic benefits will appear after using Noopept continiously for at least 14 to 20 days, which makes sense taking the BDNF, NGF thing in account. So hopefully there will be even better results to report later.

BTW, I also got my Noopept at ebay for the same $$ you paid, so we will probably have the same stuff. (Uk based vendor). I wasn't able to find a good source within the EU and I gave up ordering supps and meds outside the EU ... customs ...

If anyone has an EU source that has the geniue product or other interesting neuropeptides please feel free to PM me!

#86 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

I will cut back with my Noopept dosage now. I barely found any sleep last night, because my mind was racing and kept me awake. It won't be a bad idea to keep near the manufacurers recomendation of 10-30mg for a while. I have been using 25mg in three dose/day recently. I will keep you updated about my progress with 10-20mg a day.
Cheers,

#87 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Ive been mega-dosing noopept for a while now.
I was mega dosing around 200-300mg for a while then I ran out and I just got more last week and I'm mega dosing with Magnesium L-Threnate.
Wow! They make the perfect combo.
Does it not make sence that noopept needs to be mega doesed at the begining in order to get the body used to it? also I am using capsoles and I heard that not all of noopept is consumed by the body when taken orally? If this is the case then we all need to be taking more of it to it to be equaliviant to the actual dosage.
I am also taking modafinil for about 6 months now. Its definitly something that needs to be taken for a while in order to get the full effects.

#88 Boolean

• 95 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

I've been mixing SNS Focus XT with 30mg noopept (from CH) every day. It has been about 15 days and FINALLY I can move things with my mind.

No but seriously folks... With both of these products together I feel like I'm skipping through my day without a care in the world. My mind is light and fluttery, I'm able to converse with people fluently and without breaks, and best of all I feel like a 3 year old with the amount of energy I have. When somebody asks me a question I immediately have an answer, and rarely say,"uhh" or "umm" anymore during the entirety of the conversation. I just spew out a consistent stream of coherent intelligence. I don't even have to try and think about what I'm talking about... It's just THERE. One thing of note... I will usually start sweating a little on my brow when I'm focusing my attention on social activity. Like... My brain is overclocked and it heats up a bit when it's being used heavily. It could also just be a bit of social anxiety showing up. Who knows?

I let my girlfriend try a half scoop of the mixture without telling her what it is. I just told her it will help perk her up. At the end of her day she said,"What was IN that blue juice? I feel like a kid again!"

So there's your blind study. Stuff is friggin' awesome.

Edited by Boolean, 25 January 2012 - 10:02 PM.

• like x 1

#89 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've been mixing SNS Focus XT with 30mg noopept (from CH) every day. It has been about 15 days and FINALLY I can move things with my mind.

No but seriously folks... With both of these products together I feel like I'm skipping through my day without a care in the world. My mind is light and fluttery, I'm able to converse with people fluently and without breaks, and best of all I feel like a 3 year old with the amount of energy I have. When somebody asks me a question I immediately have an answer, and rarely say,"uhh" or "umm" anymore during the entirety of the conversation. I just spew out a consistent stream of coherent intelligence. I don't even have to try and think about what I'm talking about... It's just THERE. One thing of note... I will usually start sweating a little on my brow when I'm focusing my attention on social activity. Like... My brain is overclocked and it heats up a bit when it's being used heavily. It could also just be a bit of social anxiety showing up. Who knows?

I let my girlfriend try a half scoop of the mixture without telling her what it is. I just told her it will help perk her up. At the end of her day she said,"What was IN that blue juice? I feel like a kid again!"

So there's your blind study. Stuff is friggin' awesome.

hmm I wonder if it's the vinpocetine coupled with noopept? thanks for the report though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 Boolean

• 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

I've never had really pronounced effects with any racetam on its own. Since noopept isn't REALLY a racetam, do you think I could add a small amount of aniracetam to see if I get the effects of those as well?

I've been meaning to add some sulbutiamine to the mix since I have powder but... MAN that stuff is nasty. General consensus with that is I shouldn't take it more than 3 times a week, correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users