Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Alpha GPC vs CDP Choline

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 thebigone

• 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Which one should I get (using piracetam for help with memory, as ive got exams coming up)

Also, could someone recommend where to get them (taht ships to UK) I cant use biosynergy

#2 Bluenoise

• 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

http://www.bodybuild...citicoline.html

I just got this one in today (Canada). 60 x 250mg CDP-choline for $17
Alright price I think, and they probably ship to the UK.

Haven't tried either for long enought to give you a comparison.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

Alpha-GPC ATW. Just use google and you'll find tons of vendors selling Source Naturals brand A-GPC.

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Which one should I get (using piracetam for help with memory, as ive got exams coming up)

Also, could someone recommend where to get them (taht ships to UK) I cant use biosynergy

I much prefer CDP-Choline, since it supplies Uridine (via Cytidine) as well as being a precursor to Acetylcholine.

#5 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Jarrow Formulas, Citicoline, Cognizin CDP Choline, 250 mg, 60 Capsules $17.97, shipping to UK $4.00 from iherb.
Jarrow is a good make for the most part which is (together with price) why I went with them.

#6 discotechnician

• 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Jarrow Formulas, Citicoline, Cognizin CDP Choline, 250 mg, 60 Capsules $17.97, shipping to UK $4.00 from iherb.
Jarrow is a good make for the most part which is (together with price) why I went with them.

Im going to try iHerb too.

If you go here you can get $5 off any order: http://www.retailmen.../view/iherb.com

-----------
Left posting this original message for a while and have already made the order. To get best value for money:

-The promotion codes are referral based, and you can keep pretending to be a first time buyer to get $5 off. You can either use the above link and pick a random code like i did, or use my one QUQ631 for your first order. (I nearly didnt post mine as i feel like such a sell out, and im not sure if it is morally wrong to post my code, so if anyone has objections ill edit it out promptly.)
-Theres lots of freebies in the free samples section where you can just add all of them. Samples of CoQ10 and D3 atm.
-Apparently there is no minimum order for these, but I dont know myself.

Im still trying to shop around for the best place, does anyone else have recommendations?

Edited by discotechnician, 15 April 2009 - 12:04 PM.

#7 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

..And don't forget to go into the iherb free section, you can get 30 D3, and a small COQ10 + other things which don't up the shipping unless they are particularly heavy. I've been ordering from them for ages and never even noticed it!

#8 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

You prefer CDP for the uridine, that sounds good. What dose do you take? How much CDP choline would be equivalent to about 300-600mg elemental alpha-gpc.

#9 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Just checked, it's $2.00 not $4.00 with USPS cause they offer 50% off.

#10 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

I found Alpha-GPC to be more "clean" why CDP-choline is more stimulating to me.
  • Good Point x 1

#11 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

.. to the UK?

#12 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

.. to the UK?

That's what iHerb.com says even with 2 bottles of that product.

#13 blazewind

• 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

CDP Choline is backed by much more research than Alpha GPC, but I am not sure of the actual optimal dosage, I know a researcher who works on stroke and CDP Choline and he says it has horrible oral availability...

#14 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

I've ordered both, because I'm trying to load up on healthy brain stuff before my iron repletion (discussed in a separate post). Both I ordered from Jarrow via iHerb, btw.
What I'm curious about is if anybody's noticed a synergy or otherwise any interaction taking both of these at once (or likewise with Centro).

#15 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

I've ordered both, because I'm trying to load up on healthy brain stuff before my iron repletion (discussed in a separate post). Both I ordered from Jarrow via iHerb, btw.
What I'm curious about is if anybody's noticed a synergy or otherwise any interaction taking both of these at once (or likewise with Centro).

I tried that - thinking that they would synergize because A-GPC was the end factor and CDP was the precursor, but I really didn't notice any synergy at all. It became more of a waste of money as I kept the regimen. Maybe they compete for dominance at either an enzymatic level or the target sites - I don't know...

#16 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

I tried that - thinking that they would synergize because A-GPC was the end factor and CDP was the precursor, but I really didn't notice any synergy at all. It became more of a waste of money as I kept the regimen. Maybe they compete for dominance at either an enzymatic level or the target sites - I don't know...

So which one works for you ?

#17 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

So which one works for you ?

Alpha-GPC definitely works the best in every way for me. CDP is good too, but it seems to lack the "punch" that A-GPC has.

#18 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:53 AM

whats that punch you are talking about? from what i have seen, alpha works more instantly maybe thats why you probably felt it better.

anyway, is there a way to make a poll of which is better? im curious to compare the two in a poll

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:31 AM

I prefer A-GPC over CDP. A-GPC is more subtle and feels a kind of natural. Words do come out easier, as someone mentioned earlier, and I think I'm a bit sharper as well. CDP gives a clear dopamine boost, but nowadays it makes me quite nauseous even I take only 50mg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users