• 2,308 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

i have lithium aspartate

#32 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

i have lithium aspartate

Found an "anecdotal" mention of this being soluble in water, but nothing reliable. Give it a try?

If you guys are talking about measuring %s of a solution to get soluble compounds, look at the drugs store for an oral syringe with mL markings. Fill a vial/shotglass with 5mL water and the lithium, then draw up 1mL every day.

Edited by chrono, 19 April 2010 - 01:06 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Also, adding lithium to water is exothermic, so make sure you don't like, burn your tongue. Though this is a really small amount, just thought I should mention it.

#34 GhostBuster

• 107 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes…

Personally I have struggled with vitamin A intake. I’m aware of its dangers and increased mortality under vitamin A supplementation. On the other hand these worrying results have probably obtained from the vitamin D deficient population. It is said (by Cannell for example) that vitamins A and D are antagonists (are they?). This would mean that in vitamin D deficient population vitamin A supplementation makes D-deficiency even worse and vice versa. The problem is that vitamin A deficiency can be surprisingly common also. So now I have almost no idea how much vitamin A one should take. And since/if vitamin A has so many central functions, including this, it is a question of considerable importance…

Edited by GhostBuster, 19 April 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#35 gwern

• 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

I was just reading about her research and was going to post about it. She lived to 100 without any obvious complications with hormones imbalances, cancer, etc. Does it say anywhere how long she's been using the drops? We need a source of this stuff, fast!

Hard to say. http://www.freshpate...ype=description says it was discovered by 1966, and lists three extraction methods from 1969 to 1986, and synthesis in 1990. It lists supplementation in animal studies going back to the 1970s, and human studies in the 2000s.

So I would guess she has been using the eye drops for a minimum of 11 years to a maximum of 42 years.

#36 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:47 AM

Just an update on possible cost of NGF for ocular dosing:

Sino Biological Inc as of today offers human recombinant NGF for $1190/mg. According to the patent posted above, a reasonable dose is 200 ug/ml. I'll assume that a daily dose is one drop in each eye. There are 20 drops in one ml.

2dr/day * (ml/20dr) * (200ug/ml) * ($1190/1000ug) = $23.8/day

As a treatment of unknown efficacy and safety, this is still a little rich ($8687/year) but it's a lot less than at least one of our members spends on supplements, and is in the "affordable" category for many people. It may be the case that a substantial quantity discount could be arranged if one were a regular user. As an aside, it seems to me that there's a lot more to extreme longevity than neuron growth, although the right amount of neuron growth is certainly a good thing.

#37 baltazar

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi,

Just stumbled upon the posted article. Oh, well. She had a story to tell, 10 years of difficult moments, takes place from time of Mussolini. I've read the story. Says that after Mussolini she fled to Belgium to continue medicine-studies, but then came the Nazi-invasion, geez. That made her an involuntary and basically UN-educated biologist and or pharmacist... Yes, who ended up making a living in America. Well, she never gave up.I'll give her that.

Curious to which brand NFC eye-drops was used by her.

Thanks for sharing,
Espen

#38 baltazar

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Good day!

I have been excited to try out NGF. You know, it's neuro-scientist Miss Rita Levi-Montalcini invention said to add years of life-time to existing neurons.. I did search for it at Amazon which left me one alternative: Vitamin Research Products Neuron Growth Factors - 120 Capsules.

Ingredients:

* Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate DiHCl - 320 mg
* Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl - 300 mg
* Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) leaf extract (20% asiaticosides) - 300 mg
* Ginkgo biloba leaf extract (24% ginkgoflavonglycosides) - 60 mg
* Uridine - 50 mg

Cant seem to agree about this being real ingredients behind NGF.

Source:
* Product - http://www.vrp.com/n...rs-ngf-120-caps
* News-propaganda - http://www.independe...fe-1674005.html

Thanks,
Espen

Edited by baltazar, 09 February 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#39 aldebaran

• 44 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

niner writes,

"this is still a little rich ($8687/year) but it's a lot less than at least one of our members spends on supplements".

Ah, well that makes the price reasonable, then. Q.E.D.

"and is in the 'affordable' category for many people."

For how many people, exactly? Do you have numbers? Or is it merely a tautology: "It is affordable for the number of people for whom it is affordable".

Edited by aldebaran, 20 April 2014 - 04:44 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 Paravani

• 38 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 05:12 PM

What about em? smile.gif Great post, I didn't know that many of these modulated NGF. Lithium should definitely have been on my list. And blueberries! Though I wasn't trying to be comprehensive, by any means—only pointing out that there are other common supplements to achieve this end, which should be mentioned in this context.

In several respects zinc and vitamins A and D don't look as useful for increasing NGF beyond normal levels as the agents mentioned previously. It seems healthy levels of A and zinc are necessary for NGF to function properly, and supplementation of all three in healthy levels may afford a small boost.

All their money was dropped into her eyes!

Seriously, a drop in each eye of a 200μg/ml solution would be about $200/day at the price listed. Though I suppose if you're capable of chromatographing it from mouse tissues, the price would drop considerably.

Prices have since come WAY down.  At the current price of $990USD for one mg of human nerve growth, which would make 5ml at the recommended rate of 200mcg per ml, one ml would cost just under $200.  And a milliliter contains approximately 50 drops, or 25 days' worth of one drop in each eye.  Given that we all make mistakes even with precious fluid that costs $200 per ml, let's say that's 20 days' worth of eye drops in the real world...  or $300 per month for NGF eye drops.

Now me, if I were going to invest in NGF, I'd probably take those accidental extra drops into account and simply make a 10% solution instead of 20%, and plan on two drops per eye each day.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users