• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Iodine supplementation poll

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Iodine supplementation poll (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you take an iodine supplement?

1. Yes, Iodoral, Lugol's, or SSKI (26 votes [36.11%])

Percentage of vote: 36.11%

2. Yes, potassium or sodium iodide (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Voted Yes, kelp tablets or powder (14 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

4. No, I rely on generous use of iodized salt (4 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. No, I don't supplement iodine at all (14 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

6. Isn't iodine something you put on cuts and scratches? (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

How much iodine do you take?

1. None (17 votes [23.61%])

Percentage of vote: 23.61%

2. <100 mcg (5 votes [6.94%])

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

3. Voted 100 - 299mcg (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

4. 300mcg - 1mg (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. 1 - 12.4mg (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

6. 12.5 - 49mg (16 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

7. > 49mg (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

I think it makes my face break out in Acne>?

Is this possible?

Yes.

Rev Prat. 2002 Apr 15;52(8):838-40.
[Induced acne]

Humbert P.

Service de dermatologie, Hôpital Saint-Jacques 25030 Besançon. philippe.humbert@univ-fcomte.fr
Abstract

Induced acne belongs to the clinical forms of acne. Some dermatoses present with acne-like patterns. They can be induced or perpetuated by non physiological factors. Among these factors, medicines must always be considered, taken either topically (dermocorticoids, sulfur, anti-acneic topics) or generally (androgens, oral corticoids, ACTH, anti-epileptics, anti-depressive drugs, anti-tuberculosis medications). Halogens (iodine, bromine) found in inhaled or orally taken pharmaceutical products, or associated with occupational contact, can also induce acne. Acne of exogenous origin has been described in some specific occupations, and are induced by exposure to chlorine, industrial oils, tar. Sun exposure, PUVA therapy and ionizing radiation are potentially acneigenous. Finally acne caused by cosmetics includes acne cosmetica, brilliantine and oily creams acne and detergent acne.

PMID: 12053790

Good find!

#32 Deckah

• 153 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

How long have you been taking it Ark? Could be anything from a detox to some type of hormonal shift that Iodine plays a role in. On the acne boards a lot of people are very iffy on any supplement(mainly MV's) that contains Iodine. Ive also read some cases about things evening out overtime and acne subsiding. Never seen any indepth reports on the above and people monitoring their hormonal/thyroid levels :ph34r:

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 dosquito

• 253 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:28 AM

The curezone/fringe theory is that the acne is due to bromide detox, which is why it goes away after time. My experience confirms that it goes away, but not why it exists in the first place. however, I think my experience might confirm that theory, because I recently started taking half an iodoral a day a week or two ago and I have little to no increased acne, which might imply that because I already purged my body of most bromide the first go-around, there's less this time (took about a 6 month break)

#34 24 Is Ours

• 57 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Personally I have experienced the "known" bromide detox symptoms that are listed on this website: http://www.breastcan...strategies.html

Dark Thoughts
Anxiety
Acne
Metal Taste in Mouth
Runny Nose
Brain Fog

All of these symptoms (other than acne) clear up within 15 minutes of salt loading due to the chlorine displacing the bromide circulating through the blood stream. Hasn't anyone heard of Dr. Brownstein or do you all consider him a quack? He even has a book about Iodine. Have you ever heard of the bromine dominance theory? http://www.breastcan...ancetheory.html

I support Iodine because it has helped me tremendously in improving my energy, skin (after the acne cleared up of course :]), libido, memory and over well-being. It is proven that Iodine displaces halogens such as mercury, bromine, chlorine, cadmium, lead, and aluminum.

http://iodine4health...aham_metals.htm

These are real studies, and just because they're not posted on merck manual or any other "official" medical site doesn't make them false. I've had real results along with many other people on different forums.

Edited by 24 Is Ours, 26 November 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#35 Solarclimax

• 209 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

What i see on this thread is people referring to certain Japanese that have been eating sea weed for donkeys years and that coupled with their good diets sees them in great health. Then i see people posting peer reviewed papers that may suggest otherwise. Sadly for me peer reviewed doesn't mean "should be trusted" anymore. There's peer reviewed papers on man made global warming and man made global warming is a complete and utter scam. There's also peer reviewed papers on certain viruses, but what these peer reviewed papers seem to miss out is that the viruses were man made in a lab.

So you're saying that for you, internet rumor / conspiracy theory trumps science. Whatever. There's a lot of that around. Personally, I'll stick with science, but I won't try to change your mind.

Well it seems to be a conspiracy theory of yours that suggests to yourself that I'm into conspiracy theories. Global warming is a proven scam. You're a brainwashed sheep if you believe otherwise.

Please point out anything in my posts that says i believe in anything that "trumps science" as you so ignorantly put it. I believe in science. What I'm CLEARLY saying is that what i refer to isn't science but it's misinformation actually POSING as science. Or I'm just an idiot who should trust anything that could relate to the agendas of big pharma and Al gor and his team mates.

My friend just did an experiment showing that all vitamins kill people after 10 years of use, anyone who disagrees believes in conspiracy theories that "trump science".... You're another case of a brainwashed academic and or student of misinformation with limited ability to question.

Edited by Solarclimax, 27 November 2010 - 10:11 AM.

• dislike x 5
  • like x 2

#36 AstralStorm

• 94 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

Posted Image

Also, thanks for all the nice papers, I was considering supplementing a tiny amount of iodine, because I get to abstain from salt.
Anything containing the tiny amount of iodine necessary? Oh, and little if any sodium.

Edited by AstralStorm, 02 December 2010 - 09:01 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

My TSH jumped from 1.9 to 3.4 uIU/mL taking 12.5 mg of iodine. So I dropped back to 150 mcg per day. I am of course, a sample of one. I am interested in what happened to others.

I dropped from 12.5 mg to 150 mcg iodine. My Nov 11 TSH is down to 2.0 from 3.4 on Oct 16. An anecdotal test of one. I don't know for sure that high iodine supplementation causes TSH to rise. But I am happy that my TSH quickly fell back to normal levels with this test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users