Photo
- - - - -

Tretinoin 0.025% 3 times a week?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:52 AM

My girlfriend is considering starting tretinoin treatment to offset some fine lines she has incurred from sunbathing. She is only 22 but feels the need to try this. She wants to start using 0.025% every 3rd night because she has extremely dry skin that tends to fold up on her when exposed to drying agents. Will she see results with this formulation or should I recommend she begin with the 0.05?

#2 FigliodelVento

• 56 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:22 AM

My girlfriend is considering starting tretinoin treatment to offset some fine lines she has incurred from sunbathing. She is only 22 but feels the need to try this. She wants to start using 0.025% every 3rd night because she has extremely dry skin that tends to fold up on her when exposed to drying agents. Will she see results with this formulation or should I recommend she begin with the 0.05?

Generally Dermatologist council to start tretinoin treatment for photoaging beetween 25-30 y.o.
For Acne all right 18 y.o
Your girlfriends can start antiageing tretment with : sunscreen every day, good antioxydant ( L-ascorbic acid, Copper peptides, Lipoic acid, KInetin, Idebenone ).
IN the night Retinol or retinal, but retinoids drugs( Tretinoin, Tazarotene, isotretinoin, adapalene) at 30 y.o

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mcriot29

• 41 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

yes that will do the job 0.05 would be better as i started out on 0.1 gel and got no redness as i use it only every 3rd night i have dry skin too so 0.05 cream or she could get taz cream 0.1 i find its less drying them retin a and gives better results or use them both but i think at 22 theres no need for this just use the retin a cream 0.05 or the taz cream and she should use vit c serum and a good sun block and if she has the money copper peptides they work great with retin a on sun damage

Edited by mcriot29, 08 July 2009 - 12:39 PM.

#4 goodbyekitty

• 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi, It depends where her fine lines are as well...if they are under her eyes, definitely start with the 0.025%
I was using 0.05% under my eyes for fine lines for about 6 months and they crinkled up majorly from drying out too much. I kept thinking it would improve but it didn't. It took a few months after stopping the 0.05 for the crinkles to disappear. I have now been using 0.025% every night under my eyes for a few months, and no crinkling this time and my fine lines are starting to go.
On the rest of my face I use 0.05% but buffer it with moisturiser applied 30 mins to an hour afterwards

Not sure about only using retin-a over 30? I am 28 and have been using it for some time now with good results. As others mentioned she should also use antioxidants and suncream

#5 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

Give her Adapalene 0.1% (Differin) instead. Much more stable and less of an irritant. Tretinoin is passe, but if you insist, 0.025% * 3/wk is pretty weak. Go ahead and give her 0.1% AND purchase an authentic derma-roller (leaf & rusher or check the official us dealer via dermaroller.de). Expect some redness and peeling (it's inevitable, that's how the skin will replenish itself in case her dermatologist hasn't informed her this).

That's Option 1.

Option 2 is buy Matrixyl-3000 and Argireline. This method has virtually no downtime so you don't see your girlfriend's face shedding over time.

http://www.amazon.co...p;creative=9325
http://www.amazon.co...ords=Argireline

#6 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Give her Adapalene 0.1% (Differin) instead. Much more stable and less of an irritant. Tretinoin is passe, but if you insist, 0.025% * 3/wk is pretty weak. Go ahead and give her 0.1% AND purchase an authentic derma-roller (leaf & rusher or check the official us dealer via dermaroller.de). Expect some redness and peeling (it's inevitable, that's how the skin will replenish itself in case her dermatologist hasn't informed her this).

That's Option 1.

Option 2 is buy Matrixyl-3000 and Argireline. This method has virtually no downtime so you don't see your girlfriend's face shedding over time.

http://www.amazon.co...p;creative=9325
http://www.amazon.co...ords=Argireline

No way should she start out with 0.1% strength. Most people find it too strong. No real benefit over the 0.05%
My god and use a dermaroller with the 0.1%?????

Option 2 pales in comparison to tretinoin use.

#7 mcriot29

• 41 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

No way should she start out with 0.1% strength. Most people find it too strong. No real benefit over the 0.05%

Adapalene 0.1% (Differin is not much good found it very weak did noting for crows feet really
and she could use 0.1 gel shes only going to use every 3rd night but i think best option is for 0.05 retin and copper peptides derma roller is not a good idea shes only 22 not 42 so no need give retin a a shot frist also she could try Adapalene 0.3 its got some great reviews for sun damge and seems to be better then retin a

Edited by mcriot29, 08 July 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#8 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

Yes.

And your clinical trials may be found where?

derma roller is not a good idea shes only 22 not 42 so no need give retin a a shot frist [sic]

The dermaroller is used for transdermal bioavailability, which is what everyone is aiming for anyway. Tretinoin is poorly aborbed unless she's using micro. If she does, then that's almost equivalent to using a CIT which you are arguing against.

#9 tommix

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Yes.

And your clinical trials may be found where?

derma roller is not a good idea shes only 22 not 42 so no need give retin a a shot frist [sic]

The dermaroller is used for transdermal bioavailability, which is what everyone is aiming for anyway. Tretinoin is poorly aborbed unless she's using micro. If she does, then that's almost equivalent to using a CIT which you are arguing against.

If FDA wouldn't be so corrupted there would be more trials with more not dangerous molecules, but well we all know that FDA is corrupted organisation which killed MANY anti cancer drugs, and they not interested in cheap drugs... i mean big pharma is not.. so Not all trials goes public. best trials is from ordinary people. People like all here.. who shares their experience. They're not paid to tell something, and they do not runt he trial which can be also not correct because of interests behind the trial.

I can tell that for me tretinoin 0.025 is WEAK and NEVER ever got any dryness or something. i can put whole tube on my face, What about alternative retinoids to tretinoin they seems to be very commercial. I mean companies with $$$ saw that tretinoin is awesome but can't be patented, so they then tell their geeks to invent the same molecule with maybe added one or two atoms so it won't be naturally occurring substance -and voila - we can patent this and make our trials in which of course we would "See" the better benefits than our competitor - tretinoin. Why people not getting peeling and so on? NOT because those molecules are better, but because they DON't WORK as good as tertinoin. the bigger the reaction of skin -the powerful the molecule is. No reaction - no effectiveness.

Also people with sensetive skin and peelings - god damn can you turn on your brains and STOP using all shit you can buy in store? ALL you need is JOJOBA cold pressed oil & ability to listen to your body -if it's very dry - stop using it for a while. Yuo don't need he shit that comes from cosmetic brands all they do is making chemicals to poison you and your kids. Use nature to help you.

Edited by tommix, 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users