Photo
- - - - -

Phenylethylamine (PEA)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Sorry if this sounds noobish, but hopefully someone here can help me.

I know tyrosine converts to ldopa which in turn converts to norepinephrine, but does it also convert to phenylethylamine like DL-Phenylalanine? I know phenylalanine is the precursor step, but I'm just checking to see if it doesn't branch out.

If you're looking for a boost similar to say Wellbutrian which would be the better choice: DL-Phenylalanine, or Tyrosine? I've taken tyrosine and can't say I've felt any dramatic effects from it. But wellbutrian gave me a significant boost.

Also, does anyone know where to buy phenylethylamine (PEA) supplements? Any personal experiences with taking it?

Edited by j03, 21 August 2009 - 06:37 AM.

#2 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

You might check out the NEURVANA beta-PEA supplement line.

Site sponsor Relentless Improvement sells 'em, for one.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nootropicinfo

• 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

Sorry if this sounds noobish, but hopefully someone here can help me.

I know tyrosine converts to ldopa which in turn converts to norepinephrine, but does it also convert to phenylethylamine like DL-Phenylalanine? I know phenylalanine is the precursor step, but I'm just checking to see if it doesn't branch out.

If you're looking for a boost similar to say Wellbutrian which would be the better choice: DL-Phenylalanine, or Tyrosine? I've taken tyrosine and can't say I've felt any dramatic effects from it. But wellbutrian gave me a significant boost.

Also, does anyone know where to buy phenylethylamine (PEA) supplements? Any personal experiences with taking it?

I got hold of some PEA recently from my usual supplier. Tried it on its own and can't say it did much for me (whatever I felt, it was mild).

I started my deprynl 5mg a couple of weeks later and whilst playing golf found a PEA capsule in my pocket. It nearly blew my head off - the 'slight' effect I'd had before was x 100. Played dreadfully then but at least I wasn't bothered about my awful game in the bar afterwards.

Bodybuilders use it to improve mind/muscle focus - didn't help my co-ordination much.

#4 Basenji

• 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

I got hold of some PEA recently from my usual supplier. Tried it on its own and can't say it did much for me (whatever I felt, it was mild).

I started my deprynl 5mg a couple of weeks later and whilst playing golf found a PEA capsule in my pocket. It nearly blew my head off - the 'slight' effect I'd had before was x 100. Played dreadfully then but at least I wasn't bothered about my awful game in the bar afterwards.

Bodybuilders use it to improve mind/muscle focus - didn't help my co-ordination much.

What effects did you exactly experience and how much was in the cap ;) ?

#5 Basenji

• 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

If anyone is interested in the difference between the 2 >> http://www.imminst.o...mp;#entry336922

Edited by Basenji, 22 August 2009 - 06:14 PM.

#6 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Tyrosine does not convert to PEA. D-Phenylalanine is a unatural steroisomer of the L form that inhitibts an enzyme that break down certain endorphins. It is not converted to anything else, I believe (except for, maybe metabolic waste products). The majority of L-Phenylalanine is converted to Tyrosine, however, some of it gets converted to PEA. However, you probably wouildn't notice it without an MAO-B inhibitor like Deprenyl.

#7 Cuil

• 56 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

blue green algae contains alot of pea. You can buy it in capsules at health food stores.

#8 nootropicinfo

• 22 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

What effects did you exactly experience and how much was in the cap :-D ?

The caps were 250mg each. Bearing in mind I was distracted at the time (ie playing golf and chatting) I still found the effects very pronounced. There was a sudden increase in awareness and a lift in mood. I became talkative and started getting 'shivers' up my spine and into the back of my head (which wasn't particularly unpleasant).

When I tried to play a golf shot I felt like I was 'over concentrating' and ended up messing up shots. It felt like a dirty high though - I wouldn't recommend it as a lifestyle combo.

#9 Basenji

• 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

Sounds like good stuff for now and then and maybe little more then that :)

#10 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

What do you make of this dosing protocol? Seems a bit high to me...

http://forum.bodybui...;postcount=1379

#11 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:02 AM

Ok guys. I feel like something strange is going on with my body while using this stuff. Not bad strange, but unusual enough to warrant inquiry.

I started taking bulk beta-PEA on Thursday. I had already been taking 1g capped, so I started off with 2.1g.

T:00 - ingested with minute maid lemonade
T:15 - I feel my hands tingle and my pupils dilate. The room gets brighter. I feel slightly dizzy. Everything refocuses and becomes much clearer. My hearing is crisp.
T:20 - As I'm skating to class I feel detached, like my body is a little numb or I'm beginning to trip on psilocybin. Although I didn't sleep well, I'm wide awake, like the feeling of taking a gram of Chocamine or for you coffee drinkers, a few cups, I suppose. The only thing is, I don't feel hyperstimulated or agitated or anxious. It's like the awareness boost of a psychostimulant without the side effects.

The dizziness and tingly-ness went away, but that brighter, crisper sensation did not. I was by no means "euphoric", but I wasn't unhappy, either.

I had trouble falling asleep. The same has been experienced every day since then.

Last night I took GABA, Theanine, Bacopa, Phenibut (over a gram!), Ashwagandha, and ZMA at about 10PM, in an attempt to get some quality deep sleep... I didn't fall asleep until 5AM! My thoughts were crystal clear, not racing, but definitely not relaxed.

Then, to conclude this weird report... This morning I woke up at 8AM (after 3 hours of sleep), felt wide awake, and had overwhelming libido. Luckily my girlfriend stumbled in drunk last night ;) . After I was satisfied, she went back to sleep, and I read 18th century german philosophy... because I had the energy. For the past few weeks I've barely had the energy to read this stuff after a full night's rest, let alone 3 hours! And... I've been working all day without much fatigue.

WTF is going on here?

#12 VespeneGas

• 600 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

Um, isn't it obvious? You're taking too much, and you're taking the endogenous version of amphetamine. Good, clean stimulation, sleep problems, increased libido, energy, followed by tolerance, dependence, crashes, sleep deprivation, etc. Not fun, not recommended.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 weekend

• 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

OnSaleSupplements is a way to go for Pharmaceutical grade PEA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users