Photo

SELANK ®

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:06 AM

Negcreep, I wonder if you could check in with an update for us of how this has worked over the past few months (if you're still taking it)?

#32 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

Negcreep, I wonder if you could check in with an update for us of how this has worked over the past few months (if you're still taking it)?

Hey guys I would have kept putting regular updates but I was unable to find this page for sometime via searching....very strange.

Anyway, I've bookmarked it now so hopefully can post more often.

I'm still taking selank, its been just over 2 months now. Seems to be working very well, and I have much less anxiety than I did while on Bupropion. I havent really noticed any negative effects from using it daily and plan to keep on taking it for as long as possible. Stomach problems have been improving but not yet completely better.

Im afraid I cant help people in getting hold of the stuff, this is all risky business (for my health) and I'm not looking to become a supplier. BUT I can help anyone who is able to source it in how to make a mix for general use. I will say that I paid about $400 for 500mg, and that you will probably only be able to order it if you work for a research institution/ private company (or you can convince a company that you do!)

Ok any more questions you have fire them my way, I will pop back here for a read from time to time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for the update! It doesn't come up on the google search because it's in the retailer forum, unfortunately. Will come up on the regular forum search, though.

Hey guys I would have kept putting regular updates but I was unable to find this page for sometime via searching....very strange.

#34 KeNsKuNkIn!!

• 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

Your help will be greatly appreciated thanks. Oh yeah and i know some lucky people in this audience got their hands on that wonder peptide.

#35 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Your help will be greatly appreciated thanks. Oh yeah and i know some lucky people in this audience got their hands on that wonder peptide.

Its unavailable as a product at the moment. (Unless you live in Russia).

It is possible to get the active peptide synthesised (in acetate form) by a peptide synthesis company (of which there are many worldwide). But they will only supply to universities /research companies or business addresses. It may be possible to convince one that you do work for such an organisation however....especially if you have a registered buisness. You will also have to know what you are doing.

Failing that, I expect that Selank will soon be available on pharmacy1010.com, at a ridiculous price much like its sister drug Semax.

Best of luck with your search.

#36 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

Thank you for mentioning this peptide. There are numerous companies that will produce it for you and I myself am about to order some. Just type in custom peptide synthesis. You don't have to be a business or school with most places.

#37 Lallante

• 197 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Thank you for mentioning this peptide. There are numerous companies that will produce it for you and I myself am about to order some. Just type in custom peptide synthesis. You don't have to be a business or school with most places.

Selank is another name for "Jenkem". Just google that and buy from any one of an infinitude of suppliers, or make your own.
  • dislike x 1

#38 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

Selank is another name for "Jenkem". Just google that and buy from any one of an infinitude of suppliers, or make your own.

Now why in the bloody hell would you type that? You perplex me with your foppery.

#39 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

Also see the main Selank thread, as it's in the retailer board even though there's no source mentioned (it was probably hoped-for when the thread was created). And as such, doesn't show up in the google search results.

Maybe a mod could move it into this forum, if that's not unreasonable? :p

#40 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

Also see the main Selank thread, as it's in the retailer board even though there's no source mentioned (it was probably hoped-for when the thread was created). And as such, doesn't show up in the google search results.

Maybe a mod could move it into this forum, if that's not unreasonable? :p

Now I'm plain confuzzled. What in the hell are you guys talking about?

#41 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

Well anyways, as confused as I just got. I sent an inquiry to biomatek for a 39mg %95 vial. Pretty cheap it looks, but I haven't gotten the exact price yet.

#42 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

haha, well selank is peptide Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro, a novel Russian anxiolytic and nootropic. What are you talking about?

39mg isn't all that much, dosage seems to be 2-3mg/day? Guess it's enough to try out at least.

Edited by chrono, 27 April 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#43 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

haha, well selank is peptide Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro, a novel Russian anxiolytic and nootropic. What are you talking about?

39mg isn't all that much, dosage seems to be 2-3mg/day? Guess it's enough to try out at least.

Well, that'd be 15-20 days worth to try out something new. I was more involved in imminst from 2008-2009. Seems this peptide showed up when I was away. Thanks for the dosage BTW, wasn't quite sure and was gonna look it up later. I'll tell all you cool cats how it is when the time comes. :p

#44 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Well, that'd be 15-20 days worth to try out something new. I was more involved in imminst from 2008-2009. Seems this peptide showed up when I was away. Thanks for the dosage BTW, wasn't quite sure and was gonna look it up later. I'll tell all you cool cats how it is when the time comes. :p

Was just going by what negcreep is using in that other thread. I seem to remember seeing the russian instructions somewhere, will look when I get home.

I might go for a sample bottle too, if it turns out to be available to individuals and at a reasonable price. I've been looking for something acceptable to use as an anxiolytic for a long time. If it's a nootropic as well, it sounds like a dream come true!

Why were you confused, are you sure it's the same thing? Do they give you the peptide sequence?

Edited by chrono, 27 April 2010 - 10:22 PM.

#45 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:46 AM

Was just going by what negcreep is using in that other thread. I seem to remember seeing the russian instructions somewhere, will look when I get home.

I might go for a sample bottle too, if it turns out to be available to individuals and at a reasonable price. I've been looking for something acceptable to use as an anxiolytic for a long time. If it's a nootropic as well, it sounds like a dream come true!

Why were you confused, are you sure it's the same thing? Do they give you the peptide sequence?

I was confused by the "out of nowhere" jenkem reference and why people couldn't find out where to buy a peptide. It's like, if a vendor isn't selling it, then get it from the manufacturer if it exists. BTW it's fucking expensive, so I'm gonna do some price checks around the dozens upon dozens of custom peptide synthesis companies.

#46 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:03 AM

Yeah, the jenkem reference was just foppery. Based on what I've seen about others ordering things like this, I was going to wait until I had $500-1000 to spend. Let us know if you find trial sizes that aren't ridiculously overpriced.

Negcreep, what was the stated purity for the peptides you ordered?

#47 KeNsKuNkIn!!

• 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:26 AM

Thanks for responding you guys. Its good to know others are interested in acquiring this nice peptide. Got tired of waiting for a thread like this to pop up.

#48 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, the jenkem reference was just foppery. Based on what I've seen about others ordering things like this, I was going to wait until I had $500-1000 to spend. Let us know if you find trial sizes that aren't ridiculously overpriced.

Negcreep, what was the stated purity for the peptides you ordered?

Wait what? It's like $100 for a vial - not $500-1000. And plus, I'll see how many vials he'll require to buy for a substantial price-break.

#49 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:00 AM

Wait what? It's like $100 for a vial - not $500-1000. And plus, I'll see how many vials he'll require to buy for a substantial price-break.

All the other quotes I've seen so far were for larger amounts. Negcreep paid $400 for 500mg; about 4x less per mg than the price you were quoted. Though as you said, it might be worth it to not get stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of something if it doesn't work for you.

Does this come mixed with a preservant like methyl paraben? What's the concentration? Personally I'd rather mix it myself, I think.

#50 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

All the other quotes I've seen so far were for larger amounts. Negcreep paid $400 for 500mg; about 4x less per mg than the price you were quoted. Though as you said, it might be worth it to not get stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of something if it doesn't work for you.

Does this come mixed with a preservant like methyl paraben? What's the concentration? Personally I'd rather mix it myself, I think.

Hi guys,
Yeah I agree this needs to be merged into the main Selank thread.

Right it seems like you guys want some instructions please see the attached document. Its a text file of the instructions for use sent to me by one of the researchers from the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Russian academy of sciences.

Here is also a link for a paper published from a phase III clinical trial of selank in russia, which has some more useful information about doseage etc. http://translate.goo...l...0GB351&sa=G

Right now to make Selank you need:
Selank peptide (acetate form) *All peptide drugs need to be in acetate or hydrochloride salt form or they could be toxic (manufacturers use acetate)
Methy paraben (easy to get as it is used in soap making)
Purified water (sterile water will probably be fine. Avoid de-ionized water as this leaches metal ions out of your body, which is bad)
A nasal spray or dropper (spray is much preferred, i tried the dropper for semax and it sucked) . You can get these off ebay or online health shop.

I will just note that my Selank order was for 90% pure peptide (it wasnt worth the extra cost to go to 95 or 99%). The other 10% should just be incomplete peptide sequences or single amino acids ...nothing to worry about just means if you ordered 500mg you only really have 450mg of active substance)

Doseage calculations etc
The doseage for Selank to treat 'Generalised anxity disorder' (GAD) from the papers etc is:
2.7 milligrams (mg) per day in 3 doses of 900micrograms (ug)

The solution they used (and will probably sell it as ) was Selank 0.15%
In the instruction file I attached it says to make selank you add:

1.5mg Selank
1mg Methyl paraben
to 1ml of water

Now each drop or spray is supposed to be 50ul volume (I measured the amount from my nose spray and it was indeed ~50ul)
So in each spray you are getting 75ug. The doseage need to be 900ug 3x per day so this would be 900/75= 12 sprays 3x per day.

20ml of 0.15% would be:
20ml water
30mg Selank
20mg Methyl Paraben

I first made a 0.15% solution and found 12 sprays annoying so I doubled the concentration to 0.3% and now i dose at 6 sprays 3x per day.

I now make it up in 20ml batches (1 complete nasal spray volume) so this is:
0.3%
20ml water
60mg Selank
20mg Methy lparaben

So we have 60mg and 2.7mg daily dose. 60/2.7=22.22 days of use for each 20ml bottle I make.
I just also remembered that if you have less than 99% pure peptide you probably want to adjust for that by adding a little more. Ie for my 90% peptide I would use 66mg instead of 60 to account for this.

The nasal spray should be kept at 4oC at all times and the remaining Selank peptide as cold as possible (ie -20oC or greater, I keep mine at work in the -80oC freezer)

The only problem I had with this mix is that the methyl paraben doesnt dissolve very well so sometimes I run it through a 0.2um syringe filter to get rid of any undisolved lumps of paraben otherwise it can clog the nasal spray. It might disolve better if the water was warmed up a little, but I haven't tried it yet and of course you definitely want the water cooled again before adding any selank or it might cause the peptide to degrade. Selank peptide on the other hand dissolves very easily.

I hope this information is helpful to you guys.

Let me know if you get anywhere and Im here if you have any more questions.

Attached Files

Edited by Negcreep, 28 April 2010 - 01:43 PM.

#51 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Thanks a lot for the info!

Do you filter the solution after you put the peptide in (i.e. does the methyl paraben keep crashing out)? One would imagine it would still be effective even in non-saturating concentrations...

#52 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

Hi guys,
Yeah I agree this needs to be merged into the main Selank thread.

Right it seems like you guys want some instructions please see the attached document. Its a text file of the instructions for use sent to me by one of the researchers from the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Russian academy of sciences.

Here is also a link for a paper published from a phase III clinical trial of selank in russia, which has some more useful information about doseage etc. http://translate.goo...l...0GB351&sa=G

Right now to make Selank you need:
Selank peptide (acetate form) *All peptide drugs need to be in acetate or hydrochloride salt form or they could be toxic (manufacturers use acetate)
Methy paraben (easy to get as it is used in soap making)
Purified water (sterile water will probably be fine. Avoid de-ionized water as this leaches metal ions out of your body, which is bad)
A nasal spray or dropper (spray is much preferred, i tried the dropper for semax and it sucked) . You can get these off ebay or online health shop.

I will just note that my Selank order was for 90% pure peptide (it wasnt worth the extra cost to go to 95 or 99%). The other 10% should just be incomplete peptide sequences or single amino acids ...nothing to worry about just means if you ordered 500mg you only really have 450mg of active substance)

Doseage calculations etc
The doseage for Selank to treat 'Generalised anxity disorder' (GAD) from the papers etc is:
2.7 milligrams (mg) per day in 3 doses of 900micrograms (ug)

The solution they used (and will probably sell it as ) was Selank 0.15%
In the instruction file I attached it says to make selank you add:

1.5mg Selank
1mg Methyl paraben
to 1ml of water

Now each drop or spray is supposed to be 50ul volume (I measured the amount from my nose spray and it was indeed ~50ul)
So in each spray you are getting 75ug. The doseage need to be 900ug 3x per day so this would be 900/75= 12 sprays 3x per day.

20ml of 0.15% would be:
20ml water
30mg Selank
20mg Methyl Paraben

I first made a 0.15% solution and found 12 sprays annoying so I doubled the concentration to 0.3% and now i dose at 6 sprays 3x per day.

I now make it up in 20ml batches (1 complete nasal spray volume) so this is:
0.3%
20ml water
60mg Selank
20mg Methy lparaben

So we have 60mg and 2.7mg daily dose. 60/2.7=22.22 days of use for each 20ml bottle I make.
I just also remembered that if you have less than 99% pure peptide you probably want to adjust for that by adding a little more. Ie for my 90% peptide I would use 66mg instead of 60 to account for this.

The nasal spray should be kept at 4oC at all times and the remaining Selank peptide as cold as possible (ie -20oC or greater, I keep mine at work in the -80oC freezer)

The only problem I had with this mix is that the methyl paraben doesnt dissolve very well so sometimes I run it through a 0.2um syringe filter to get rid of any undisolved lumps of paraben otherwise it can clog the nasal spray. It might disolve better if the water was warmed up a little, but I haven't tried it yet and of course you definitely want the water cooled again before adding any selank or it might cause the peptide to degrade. Selank peptide on the other hand dissolves very easily.

I hope this information is helpful to you guys.

Let me know if you get anywhere and Im here if you have any more questions.

Why? You just shoot the bacteriostatic or acetic acid solution and aim 45 degrees in after mixing. Oh, nasal solution HAHA, Flonase! j/k Haha

#53 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

Negcreep, thanks alot for the very informative post. I'd like to try this myself sometime.

Great points on only getting peptides in acetate or HCL salt form.

The only question I have is, do you sterilize the water yourself or does adding the methyl parabate do the trick for you?
Constantly, ordering bacteriostatic water or other kinds of specially prepared sterilized waters is an expense I'd like to cut out if possible.

Also, how happy are you with the effects of Selanka? Do you feel anything after taking it that is beneficial/not beneficial? How do you think it compares with Semax subjectively speaking if you've tried that before? I know this part is just opinion based but I'm curious.

#54 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

Wiki says some things about possible toxicity of parabens. Unless it "preserves" the peptide somehow, bacteriostatic water might be preferable?

How much does that run, these days? Can't be that great an expense using like 1/3mL per day.

#55 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

Wiki says some things about possible toxicity of parabens. Unless it "preserves" the peptide somehow, bacteriostatic water might be preferable?

How much does that run, these days? Can't be that great an expense using like 1/3mL per day.

All the research I have seen points to parabens being safe, especially at the small dosages at which it is used, with the exception of the few that are allergic. The arguments against its safety are weak speculation. If there are real concerns I would like to hear about them.

#56 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

All the research I have seen points to parabens being safe, especially at the small dosages at which it is used, with the exception of the few that are allergic. The arguments against its safety are weak speculation. If there are real concerns I would like to hear about them.

I would tend to agree with you, based on what I saw. I haven't looked into it with any depth.

But my thinking usually runs along the lines that, all other things being equal, it's better to use something with no speculation about dangers than something with even weak speculation of dangers, or remote possibility of AEs like allergy. That was all.

But I haven't looked at any of the selank papers yet, and I don't know much about peptide chemistry, so I have no idea if there was a specific reason they used methyl paraben.

#57 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Well I got it down to 20 bucks with 100 of 95 percent 50mg vials, but I seriously doubt there are anywhere near 100 of you guys or enough people with multiple purchases to make a group buy of that magnitude probable, so, I tried.

#58 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

$2000 for 5g is a really good price. About half what negcreep paid for his 500mg. But it's also a lot more money. That's how they get ya.

I might still be interested in a sample size for a month or so. Even if the unit price is weak, $100 is a lot less to risk than $500-2000. Did biomatik say they would ship to private parties?

#59 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

I would tend to agree with you, based on what I saw. I haven't looked into it with any depth.

But my thinking usually runs along the lines that, all other things being equal, it's better to use something with no speculation about dangers than something with even weak speculation of dangers, or remote possibility of AEs like allergy. That was all.

But I haven't looked at any of the selank papers yet, and I don't know much about peptide chemistry, so I have no idea if there was a specific reason they used methyl paraben.

The only reason there is a lot of speculation is because it was targeted by the health crowd due to chain emails exclaiming that the allergic reactions were proof to the harm it does. The most recent speculation is that it causes cancer because trace amounts can be found in breast cancer tumors, despite loads of safety data. I haven't done any digging into the safety for about 2 years.

Personally, I would want it in something such as a spray to inhibit microbial growth. The 20mg number sounds high for this need, so if concerned, it may be worth looking up an optimum concentration.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

Well as yowza said, bacteriostatic water (with benzyl alcohol) seems like it might be a viable alternative. Do you know off the top of your head if that wouldn't be as effectively anti-microbial as methyl paraben, or somehow less desirable for intranasal administration?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users