Photo
- - - - -

cordyceps: best brand?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 aaron_e

• 117 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

since cordyceps could vary in quality similar to herbal supplements, i was wondering what people's favorite brands are in terms of potency and consistency. because i'd prefer to spend money on the good stuff.

#2 nootrope

• 88 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:54 AM

I'm interested in answers to this as well. The only thing I've really established for myself is that there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between cordyceps raised on brown rice and cordyceps raised on purple corn. The Bulknutrition product is cheap, and works fine. Most supplements seem to use the CS-4 strain.

since cordyceps could vary in quality similar to herbal supplements, i was wondering what people's favorite brands are in terms of potency and consistency. because i'd prefer to spend money on the good stuff.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

Here is an interesting article on how the demand for cordyceps is affecting people in Himalaya.

#4 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

after pretty exhaustive research i'm really convinced that mushroomscience/jhspro are the only extracts worth purchasing in the US. I've spent the past week reading through all the research on coriolus psp & psk, reishi & agaricus blazei and they are the only american company even coming close to adhering to the research as far as specifics go...extraction techniques, standardized actives & mushroom strains used, etc etc. mycopharma in europe seems good as well, but they dont have any american distributors. either way i'll be sticking with mushroom science until i can find anything better.

http://www.imminst.o...ds/page__st__20

Demand is so huge for Cordyceps, I have the feeling most of it is grown by the manufacturing companies itself.

#5 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Here is an interesting article on how the demand for cordyceps is affecting people in Himalaya.

So true, not anomalous by any means but commonplace regarding nearly all extractions of natural resources for profit, market and money based systems only pillage and destroy within their intrinsic avarice and ultimate emptiness, ethics and even symbiosis are not welcome bedfellows unto such endeavors......

This seems to be the best "product" I have noticed, for anyone interested:

http://www.americann...owder_250g.html

#6 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

seach theres a huge thread on this... mushroom science & dr's best seem good.
  • Disagree x 1

#7 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

I'm interested in answers to this as well. The only thing I've really established for myself is that there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between cordyceps raised on brown rice and cordyceps raised on purple corn. The Bulknutrition product is cheap, and works fine. Most supplements seem to use the CS-4 strain.

??? cordyceps grow on insects. I'd stay away from supplies collected in the wild, especially in regions like China and Tibet. Aloha Medicinals and Fungi Perfecti are fine US companies whose products you can trust (even though personally cordyceps are too creepy for my taste)

Edited by xEva, 08 January 2011 - 03:34 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

#8 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

hahaha......I don't really find Cordyceps "creepy" at all, I think the previous poster is attaching an emotionalist, anthropomorphic projection onto Cordyceps species mechanism of action, directive functioning. I actually find them alluring and fascinating, even beautiful.

Here is an extremely informative, exhaustive, beautifully presented genealogical contextualization text paper on Cordyceps and it addresses and offers a more balanced and multifaceted perspective regarding Cordyceps "creepy" attributes.......lol.....Enjoy! The paper is over 2mb, so it's too large to attach, here's a link to download the pdf:

www.earthpulse.com/cordyceps_inc/cordyceps_story.pdf

Edited by Mortuorum, 09 January 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#9 startime

• 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:32 AM

which cordyceps is the ideal one to take ?

Cordyceps capsule contains: Cordyceps sinensis mycelium (fermented): 500mg Protein: > 27.0% Polysaccharides: >25.0% Cordycepic acid: >7.00% Cordycepin: >0.15% Adenosine: ???

#10 Aka Poe

• 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

Aloha Medicinals claim they are the largest producer of cordyceps and also claim their strain is the most potent strain available due to a unique process using rattle snake venom in the substrate. They have put in for a patent on the process. They  describe their product as natural,  yet American rattlesnake venom is not a  component of natural cordyceps grown in Tibet where it originated growing on underground hibernating caterpillars. No company  commercially produces truly authentic cordyceps on insect larva that I know of since burying bugs and hoping the mycelium would grow on them is cost prohibitive. 

True Tibetan naturally grown cordyceps costs much, much more than the commercially grown variety from the US.  I found the Tibetan form far stronger, but I  can't be certain it wasn't adulterated as it was from China where a lot of sneaky shenanigans goes on without strict regulation. But speaking of shenanigans, I wonder if  snake venom obfuscates the truth somewhat, of the quality of Aloha's cordyceps.

I wonder how much the insect larva contribute to the medicinal attributes of cordyceps? My guess is insect larva as substrate would be different than the commercial strain grown on rice hulls and snake venom.

I question whether  the above ground fruiting body, which looks like a small finger growing out of the earth,  has different chemical constituents than the cordyceps extracts which are extracted solely from the mycelium, without any fruiting bodies. Many mushrooms carpophores (above ground fruits) are different chemically from their underground mycelium, sometimes the underground part  is what we want, sometimes the fruit is the best part.

Edited by Aka Poe, 24 October 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#11 startime

• 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

not convinced so ;as i managed to find a cordyceps with a breakdown ;which aloha dosent come close to ; Cordyceps sinensis mycelium (fermented): 500mg Protein: > 27.0% Polysaccharides: >25.0% Cordycepic acid: >7.00% Cordycepin: >0.15% Adenosine:
  • like x 1

#12 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

not convinced so ;as i managed to find a cordyceps with a breakdown ;which aloha dosent come close to ; Cordyceps sinensis mycelium (fermented): 500mg Protein: > 27.0% Polysaccharides: >25.0% Cordycepic acid: >7.00% Cordycepin: >0.15% Adenosine:

I know, an old thread, but what the heck...

This dual extracted Cordyceps outclasses everything:

24% beta-glucan

1% cordycepin

0.35% adenosine

17% cordycepic acid

0.3 % uridine

1.3 % polyphenols

They have the test reports available for verification

#13 startime

• 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

1% cordycepin vs 7%

• Ill informed x 1

#14 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

1% cordycepin vs 7%

Aloha's product does not contain any cordycepin at all - just ask for a lab test to prove their claims. It is a big scam. 

They are making their own test reports and were until recently relying on so-called dry-labs, even (labs that don't actually test, but just put a stamp of approval on the numbers supplied by the producer) - see this reportage: 

All Aloha's products are biomass-based and very rich in starch instead of bioactive compounds. Just do a iodine test on a water solution made with their mushroom supplements and see how the solution turns black... proof of high starch levels: 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 startime

• 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

guess will have to turn to https://www.consumer...?FromSource=TNP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users