Clearance delay - by FedEx?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

Hi guys,
I just ordered 500 grams of Piracetam from SmartPowders and the service was great. As the title says, the FedEx now tells me that the package is in for a "Clearance delay" in Copenhagen, 2 hours from where I live in Denmark. Are the customs just inspecting the drugs or scanning them? What does it mean and how long time will there go? I'm also wondering whether Piracetam is illegal as a supplement in Denmark, is there any way I can find information on this -- and is Piracetam a prescription only drug?

Thanks in advance,
Best
Anders

#2 transfunctor

• 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

Hi guys,
I just ordered 500 grams of Piracetam from SmartPowders and the service was great. As the title says, the FedEx now tells me that the package is in for a "Clearance delay" in Copenhagen, 2 hours from where I live in Denmark. Are the customs just inspecting the drugs or scanning them? What does it mean and how long time will there go? I'm also wondering whether Piracetam is illegal as a supplement in Denmark, is there any way I can find information on this -- and is Piracetam a prescription only drug?

Thanks in advance,
Best
Anders

According to my research piracetam is legal in Denmark (though I haven't found a definitive source on the matter). I have ordered Piracetam twice and both times recieved it, and have found no source claiming that it's illegal or needs prescription. When I ordered from SP my 3kg piracetam container was kept for 1 day, but I received it on schedule anyway. It did show signs of having been opened though. The following is my FedEx tracking:
Nov 16, 2009 9:24 AM Delivered
Nov 16, 2009 7:46 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Nov 13, 2009 7:34 PM At local FedEx facility
Nov 13, 2009 9:39 AM Delivery exception Customer not available or business closed
Nov 13, 2009 8:29 AM At local FedEx facility [local destination omitted for privacy]
Nov 13, 2009 5:35 AM Int'l shipment release KASTRUP DK
Nov 12, 2009 5:33 PM Shipment exception KASTRUP DK Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed
Nov 12, 2009 5:32 PM Int'l shipment release KASTRUP DK
Nov 12, 2009 8:52 AM Clearance delay KASTRUP DK
Nov 12, 2009 8:52 AM Int'l shipment release KASTRUP DK
Nov 12, 2009 5:51 AM In transit KASTRUP DK Package available for clearance
Nov 12, 2009 5:18 AM At dest sort facility KASTRUP DK
Nov 12, 2009 3:46 AM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR
Nov 11, 2009 10:33 PM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR
Nov 11, 2009 7:56 PM Arrived at FedEx location PARIS FR
Nov 10, 2009 8:29 PM At local FedEx facility PARIS FR
Nov 10, 2009 4:13 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 10, 2009 3:39 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 7, 2009 3:34 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 7, 2009 10:47 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 6, 2009 8:36 PM Left FedEx origin facility GREENSBORO, NC
Nov 6, 2009 5:42 PM Picked up GREENSBORO, NC
Nov 6, 2009 10:03 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Dorho

• 354 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

About finding out whether piracetam is a prescription only drug, well, I bet there's an official list of medical substances by an organization working under the danish health care administration (or something like that) available in the internet just as there is a comparable list here in Finland. Piracetam is prescription-only drug here, but the funny thing is that I could order piracetam as much as I would want from those EU countries where piracetam is available without prescription without any worries. I call that the EU magic.

The inspection system is not perfect either. When a guy from Finland who ordered bulk piracetam from USA went to the nearby customs to retrieve the arrived package, he had to open the cardboard box in front of a customs official, revealing the piracetam jar. The official asked "is this some sort of supplement or what?" and the guy just replied "yeah it is". The guy got to keep his piracetam. :p Had the official known piracetam's legal status, it would have been returned to USA, or worse still, the guy would have been fined.

Edited by Dorho, 03 December 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#4 Dumbel

• 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,
Best
Anders

From my experience, clearance delay means the customs are inspecting the goods further. There is a good chance hat they will seize your piracetam, if they aren`t sure what it is.They will ask you for a written confirmation of the contents then.Can take days to weeks to seize or release it.

Best is to call up Fedex to ask what`s going on exactly.

#5 kassem23

• Topic Starter
  • 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,
Best
Anders

From my experience, clearance delay means the customs are inspecting the goods further. There is a good chance hat they will seize your piracetam, if they aren`t sure what it is.They will ask you for a written confirmation of the contents then.Can take days to weeks to seize or release it.

Best is to call up Fedex to ask what`s going on exactly.

Thanks for the answers guys.. I really don't hope they will seize it. It would be awesome if they just let it through.. If it gets seized then I lost all the money from smartpowders right? Because that would really suck.. I really looked forward to this shipment. But anyways thanks for the answers guys.

The FedEx transcript.. If I copied it it looked weird so here is the image.

http://www4.speedysh...58/shipping.PNG

Edited by kassem23, 03 December 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#6 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

i bought piracetam and it was brought through fed ex to the uk. I now have to pay income tax and duty tax using BACS online serivce. Do you haveto sign up with bacs or how doe it work since my payments are overdue, im confused i have never used bacs online.

#7 Dumbel

• 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

i bought piracetam and it was brought through fed ex to the uk. I now have to pay income tax and duty tax using BACS online serivce. Do you haveto sign up with bacs or how doe it work since my payments are overdue, im confused i have never used bacs online.

Call FedEx and tell them you want to pay at your door. I don`t know bacs either.

#8 kassem23

• Topic Starter
  • 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

I've got a update from FedEx; "Int'l shipment release KASTRUP DK" I hope this means that it's shipping to my address now!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#9 kassem23

• Topic Starter
  • 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

I've got a update from FedEx; "Int'l shipment release KASTRUP DK" I hope this means that it's shipping to my address now!

No problem it arrived safely! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)