Photo

Best Bacopa brand?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Nice, thanks for taking the time to e-mail them, spreader. It looks like their daily dosage of the bacopa product is 250mg, and the product is standardized to 45% bacosides.

#62 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

Yeah that product is a good deal if you live in the US... Does anyone know if there is any other BaCognize product out there? It does seem like a pretty decent extract...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#63 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

My bacopa order of Planetary Herbals bacopa and Thorne Research arrives today. I´m going to start with the Planetary Herbals product. Next month I wiil try Thorne Research product. I will report my experiences with each one. One question. I´m going to take the recommended dosage of two capsules per day. Should I take them during day or before going to bed??

Thanks

#64 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

I find it to be a bit sedating so I take it in the evening. I guess it will depend what you are shooting for, if you want to play with the anxiolytic properties, you may potentially want to do it during day times, if not, I'd say in the evening - not necessarily immediately before going to bed but that is not a mistake either. I think I remember it having a fairly long half-life, however.

#65 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

I hope it works out for you, and I'll be interested to hear whether you notice any difference between brands. I'd agree with everything nupi said. I couldn't find a time of day to take it which didn't result in a lot of sedation, even when I tried 1/2 tablet of himalaya earlier this month.

#66 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

I use the Ayur Sante brand. Everything about their products scream quality to me. I have also used their Mucuna. I was initially concerned about contamination of various metals but according to the company:
  • Our herbal supplements are manufactured with Pfizer Inc’s Vegetarian Capsules(Vcaps).
  • Supplements are manufactured in a GMP Certified Pharmaceutical Research Company.
  • Our facilities are inspected by FDA. This Makes us compliant with the most current U.S. FDA Regulations.
  • Minimum Serving Size with a Highest Potency.
  • Derived from purest raw materials and are Pharmaceutical Grad Tested Microbiological, Heavy Metals, Pesticides, and Potency.
  • Expertise of Renowned Pharmacists, Ayurvedic Professions and Scientists Management Team is Very Active in the Natural Product Industry to provide the best service.
  • Free from harsh material, Ayursante’ does not do Any Testing on Animals.
  • We believe in full disclosure of ingredients. Our labels contain complete list of ingradients. We use bio-degradable and/or recyclable packaging materials. 100% of AyurSante’s packaging can be recycled. We prefer the use of bio-degradable packaging materials as much as possible.

Edited by JChief, 25 November 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#67 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hi.

I´ve been on Planetary Herbals Bacopa a week. At the moment no significant effects. I know that more time is required (studies suggested at least 12 weeks of continue use).

I´m taking 4 pills during day. 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills in the afternoon. The first day I had a terrible diarrhea. After that, no more problems.

The half of the week I took bacopa alone and the last three days I took it with ginkgo (ginkgold from Nature´s Way). So my current regime is: 2 pills of Planetary bacopa + 2 pills of Nature´s ginkgo in the morning, and 2 pills of Planetary bacopa + 2 pills of Nature´s ginkgo in the afternoon.

What dou you think about mixing bacopa with ginkgo?? Should I take only bacopa during 12 weeks at least to see the "real effects" of bacopa alone??

The last two days I also make an experiment with two compounds that I also bought from iHerb: phosphatidylserine and ashwagandha.

One day I add to my stack of bacopa + ginkgo a pill of phosphatidylserine. It is supposed to reduce cortisol (I´m an anxious person). I think that phosphatidylserine increases my anxiety level and it also gaves me headache...

The other day I add ashwagandha. It also seems to increase my level of anxiety. Is this normal??

I´ll continue experimenting with bacopa and I´ll share my opinions.

Thanks

#68 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Both Ashwagandha and Bacopa should be anxiolytic (in fact, I am not sure I could function on two Bacopa pills in the morning) but the Phosphatydilserine might be anxiogenic.

#69 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hi.

I´ve been on Planetary Herbals Bacopa a week. At the moment no significant effects. I know that more time is required (studies suggested at least 12 weeks of continue use).

I´m taking 4 pills during day. 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills in the afternoon. The first day I had a terrible diarrhea. After that, no more problems.

The half of the week I took bacopa alone and the last three days I took it with ginkgo (ginkgold from Nature´s Way). So my current regime is: 2 pills of Planetary bacopa + 2 pills of Nature´s ginkgo in the morning, and 2 pills of Planetary bacopa + 2 pills of Nature´s ginkgo in the afternoon.

What dou you think about mixing bacopa with ginkgo?? Should I take only bacopa during 12 weeks at least to see the "real effects" of bacopa alone??

The last two days I also make an experiment with two compounds that I also bought from iHerb: phosphatidylserine and ashwagandha.

One day I add to my stack of bacopa + ginkgo a pill of phosphatidylserine. It is supposed to reduce cortisol (I´m an anxious person). I think that phosphatidylserine increases my anxiety level and it also gaves me headache...

The other day I add ashwagandha. It also seems to increase my level of anxiety. Is this normal??

I´ll continue experimenting with bacopa and I´ll share my opinions.

Thanks

If you're intensely interested in the effects of bacopa on memory, it may be worth taking it alone for four months. On the other hand, the effects on memory will probably be quite subtle and gradual, so even then it would be doubtful if you'd notice much. My take is that if you tolerate it well and like its other effects, it's a good neuroprotective substance with a potential for memory boost, so it may be worth taking in the same way a multivitamin is.

Bacopa should be fine to take with ginkgo. Most people find ashwagandha anxiolytic and even sedative, I've never heard of it producing anxiety. You may want to hold off a bit until you get used to bacopa, before trying these other things. Since you're already taking bacopa during the day, it may be best to do ashwagandha before bed.

#70 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:26 AM

I am doing it the other way round, Ashwagandha in the morning and Bacopa in the evening as subjectively, Ashwagandha is less sedating to me. Some claim it is even stimulant but I am thinking that might be ADHD switching the its effects - kind of like MPH has different effects dependingon whether you ADHD or not...

#71 mia22

• 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

Here's another I found while searching amazon:
http://www.amazon.co...23771853&sr=8-1

#72 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

Tatva's herbs uses co2 extract, checks for heavy metals and is organic:

http://www.tattvashe...extract,/Detail

#73 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

is there a bulk source with acceptable international shipping rates (to the EU) that tests their herbs for heavy metals & co?

thanks
  • like x 1

#74 maya2013

• 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

what about Himalaya ??
i'm from India (Asia) suggested brands shipping costs me more than actual product value so anyone tried Himalaya Bacopa please share your thoughts.. :)
  • like x 1

#75 shaanv

• 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I am finding BACOPA with NMT 0.2 ppm arsenic content.Does any one have idea from where can i procure.

#76 dannyo

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

thanks for the link
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#77 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

thanks for the link

You're welcome

#78 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

I have my doubts on Ayurvedic supplements due to contamination etc, but AyurSante shocked me when they sent me a coa to their supplements.

Highly recommended

#79 Gondar

• 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Is Vitacost brand good?

#80 steve stevey

• 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

I personally have found little affect from Himalayan. I am finishing my first bottle. I won't be buying this product again. Even their ashwaghanda seems important to me.

#81 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

anyone got an update on the best brand? Please only state a brand if youve used it for 3 months or more. Thanks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#82 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

anyone got an update on the best brand? Please only state a brand if youve used it for 3 months or more. Thanks.

If you're concerned about heavy metals, Tattva's Herbs sent me a COA, their numbers are good across the board.

Tattvas sent me a photo of the COA, I would post it, but the file's too big to upload on Longecity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users