Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Sulbutiamine

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 kurt

• 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

Not sure how it works on humans but I hope it really works.

I have been taking 400-600mg every day. Other than the mental stimulation/concentration enhancement I also realized that it increases motivation.

This is a very surprising discovery as I have always lacked motivation. At least due to the fact that I suffer from depression and other personality disorders.

I am interested to see if other members had the same experience as me. Do share :-D

#2 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

I have been taking 400-600mg every day. Other than the mental stimulation/concentration enhancement I also realized that it increases motivation.

This is a very surprising discovery as I have always lacked motivation. At least due to the fact that I suffer from depression and other personality disorders.

I am interested to see if other members had the same experience as me. Do share :-D

Looking to get some myself. Doesn't it make people manic though? I know it increases endurance and improves mood quite a lot. In all honesty it sounds quite similar to how I would be when I'm manic on piracetam which I have to confess I enjoy immensely (hence my interest in Sulbutiamine).

I have read reports though of lowered creativity and emotion on this supplement. Not sure if that is a common thing though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 What'sAllThisThen

• 101 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

Have the effects continued day after day?

I had chosen Sulbutiamine to be part of my newbie stack because it was safer than pyritinol, but just last night I read that a tolerance is built and it won't work if taken everyday. As such, it must be cycled every few days or so.

Also, does it increase dopamine, or just receptors?

#4 cougar

• 114 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

How long have you been taking it? Sulbutiamine helped a lot with my low motivation, I always feel full of energy both physically and mentally while I was on it. I'm an extremely huge procrastinator and sulbutiamine gives me energy to jump start doing those boring stuff which I have been procrastinating forever. I love it but I'm only using it no more than twice a week, my only concern at this time is the tolerance issue which I've read from a lot of places. I really hope I can take it everyday without losing effectiveness.

#5 kurt

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

HyperHydrosis: I believe people with bipolar should try not to use it.

What'sAllThisThen: I take it every day. It has been weeks and the effect doesn't really wear off. Too early to say though. It decreases dopamine actually and the body compensate by increasing the receptors.

cougar: That's what I meant. I even started to become more sociable.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#6 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

Interesting...I usually take it 3 days/week first thing in the morning with coffee and it really gets me going. I'm a HUGE procrastinator myself, and this seems to help a bit with motivation and getting things done.
I take approx. 600-800 mg

What'sAllThisThen: I take it every day. It has been weeks and the effect doesn't really wear off. Too early to say though. It decreases dopamine actually and the body compensate by increasing the receptors.

#7 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:34 AM

I just bought some of this stuff for the first time. Taking it in the morning before going to the gym I definitely noticed an increase in energy and focus. It always came with a crash a few hours later though, and in my experience, even worse than that of caffeine.
  • like x 1

#8 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

I just bought some of this stuff for the first time. Taking it in the morning before going to the gym I definitely noticed an increase in energy and focus. It always came with a crash a few hours later though, and in my experience, even worse than that of caffeine.

I'm receiving my Sulbutiamine today. I'll update tomorrow. The effects sounds awesome. I hope I'll have a strong reaction like that as well. I have been feeling asthenia the last couple of days.

#9 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

I'm receiving my Sulbutiamine today. I'l update tomorrow. The effects sounds awesome. I hope I'll have a strong reaction like that as well. I have been feeling asthenia the last couple of days.

Okay I tried it out today.. It's awesome.. Clean surges of energy. Then later I added 1 gram of oxiracetam, which meant even more energy + detailedness. Awesome mix. Will try it again tomorrow, 1 gram of both.

Edited by kassem23, 01 February 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#10 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Does anyone else crash from sulbutiamine, and feel tired without it the following day? It seemed almost like caffeine to me.

I generally try to avoid anything that has a crash or has to be cycled. I'm more interested in something sustainable long-term.
  • like x 2

#11 bran319

• 175 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:37 AM

I crash hard on Sulbutiamine. Once it wears off I go from being a happy, creative and productive person to a brain dead zombie.

#12 kurt

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

I think a crash is fine. The more important issue would be whether tolerance could build up. So far I didn't really experience any serious crash. It's effects wear off after being eliminated and that's about it.

Caffeine is great (minus the side effects) but our body gets tolerant to it very fast and you'll get withdrawal symptoms as well.

kassem23: do keep us updated :)

I'm still taking it because I'm interested in boosting motivation via increased dopamine receptor density. I take along with ALCAR and it gives a really nice boost without the jitters.

#13 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

I think a crash is fine. The more important issue would be whether tolerance could build up. So far I didn't really experience any serious crash. It's effects wear off after being eliminated and that's about it.

Caffeine is great (minus the side effects) but our body gets tolerant to it very fast and you'll get withdrawal symptoms as well.

kassem23: do keep us updated :)

I'm still taking it because I'm interested in boosting motivation via increased dopamine receptor density. I take along with ALCAR and it gives a really nice boost without the jitters.

Sulbutiamine also has a withdrawal syndrome associated with it after cessation of prolonged use.

#14 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

raging headache off it anyone?

#15 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

Sulbutiamine also has a withdrawal syndrome associated with it after cessation of prolonged use.

I usually do feel less able to wake up the day following use of sulbutiamine. I've pretty much decided to stop playing with it.

Caffeine withdrawals are bad but if you only use it in the morning I find it continues to be effective in waking me up. 200mg first thing in the morning and I have no crash later in the day.

#16 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

raging headache off it anyone?

I've heard this is a side effect if you use too much. I've used up to 500mg with no problems.

#17 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

kassem23: do keep us updated :-D

I have taken sulbutiamine with oxiracetam last two days 1 gram of both and have been feeling great. Productivity all day, really - really awesome. Regarding oxiracetam, although it is not topic related my vision is super clear and detailed - it's amazing! I do have to say, that I can't stop smiling and that my parent's probably thought I was hypomanic or something - they said: "Your energy levels are through the roof, have you been drinking coffee?" Haven't had any crash, why do you guys get crashes and I don't? I don't get that. Can I keep on taking this and if not, why? In bmud's regime, he takes 1 gram of sulbutiamine every day, and doens't seem like he have been having crashes, or?

Thanks in advance,

#18 kurt

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

kassem23, that's what I'm talking about. I've been smiling for no apparent reason. I feel great, energized and mentally sharp. I get more things done. Love it. No side effects/crashes yet.

#19 What'sAllThisThen

• 101 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:21 AM

Some crash, some don't? Some build tolerance, some don't?

Looks like we'll be needing a "Sulbutiamine: crashers and non-crashers" thread.

Why don't you guys take some more nootropics to increase your intelligence and figure out this nootropic business.

#20 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

Why don't you guys take some more nootropics to increase your intelligence and figure out this nootropic business.

I do already. I take 1 gram sulbutiamine upon wakeup + 1 gram of oxiracetam. Regarding more nootropics, my shipment is arriving today, incl: Bacopa 50% 300mg, Ashwagandha (Optimized) Extract 250 mg, Pyritinol 400 mg, Picamilon 150 mg and CDP Choline 250 mg. I find it rather annoying that I didn't buy any PS (Phosphatdilserine) as I've heard great things about it, but I hope that all those nootropics will give me a great advantage in productivity, cognitive function and general well-being.

#21 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Interesting, keep us posted on how those substances affect your cognitive abilities. I'm placing an order for Rhodiola and Mucuna Pruriens (40% l-dopa) today. Heard great things about both....so we'll see.

I do already. I take 1 gram sulbutiamine upon wakeup + 1 gram of oxiracetam. Regarding more nootropics, my shipment is arriving today, incl: Bacopa 50% 300mg, Ashwagandha (Optimized) Extract 250 mg, Pyritinol 400 mg, Picamilon 150 mg and CDP Choline 250 mg. I find it rather annoying that I didn't buy any PS (Phosphatdilserine) as I've heard great things about it, but I hope that all those nootropics will give me a great advantage in productivity, cognitive function and general well-being.

#22 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

Interesting, keep us posted on how those substances affect your cognitive abilities. I'm placing an order for Rhodiola and Mucuna Pruriens (40% l-dopa) today. Heard great things about both....so we'll see.

Will do :-D

#23 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone here take sulbutiamine for glucose management? If so, I'd like to know if its helpful.

Edited by pycnogenol, 04 February 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#24 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

It's unusual for users to report that tolerance doesn't develop. What form do you consume it in? How much? Etc, etc. Thanks.

#25 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

Not even sure what this supplement is supposed to be doing. I've taken 1g and have noticed a slight increase in mood, focus and energy but nothing that lives up to the hype. Pretty dissapointing so far. Maybe if I go for a run or something I may notice some amazing ability to run further but as a stand alone supplement I was expecting more. Rhodiola (although pretty unreliable as doesn't always work) has far greater effects on energy levels IMO. I have read reports of users having so much energy they're 'jumping out of their skin'......hmmmmmmmm...
This is my first experience of it though so in time I may grow to love it (like picamilon)...

#26 kurt

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:37 AM

I'm starting to feel that the effects are getting weaker. Maybe I'm just plain used to it (is it any different from tolerance)? Or perhaps I'm affected by my poor mood. Been quite depressed lately. I'm planning take a break from sulbutiamine before starting it again.

#27 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:14 AM

If you're looking for a high quality proprietary sulbutiamine supplement, I would recommend "Spike" from Biotest. Just don't take it every day. Tolerance does not develop in the same way that it does for sulbutiamine alone, as Spike as other synergistic ingredients, and some other unique characteristics.

#28 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

Tolerance is definitely an issue with Sulbutiamine but just like with any other stimulants. I take it for 2-3 days on then 3 days off. First thing in the morning with a cup of coffee it works wonders.

#29 Solarclimax

• 209 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

I got some prescripton grade stuff in tablet form and was taking 800 grams a day for a few days, like 3 or 4 days then a couple days off. Did this maybe 3 times and then ran out. I would say they helped with motivation and endurance. I could do a 5 min warm up skipping, then maybe 3 or 4 rounds on the heavy bag, before actually starting my strength training workout, then i would warm down with 5 mins skipping. Go home have food then go to work for 4 hours. I just didn't feel as drained as i normally would, and didn't get the mental feeling of " i can't be botherd" as i sometimes do.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 kurt

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

Seems like the tolerance issue is real?
Is there any solid evidence?

I'm currently having fatigue. Motivation is low. Not sure if it is due to other factors like mood.

Seems like no stimulant actually works long term. I seriously need stimulants because otherwise my vision is always blurred. Caffeine works for my vision as well as sulbutiamine, but tolerance develops. I also need the energy because I can't live a normal life without them (ie no motivation).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users