Photo
- - - - -

Nardil / parnate - sources

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Diego55

• 108 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hi, I am suffering from severe social phobia for many years. I have tried many SSRI's / SNRI's drugs and supplements, therapies... but nothing works for me.

I would like to try MAOI's such as Nardil / Parnate(i know all about the interactions and diet restriction). Please, Are there any sites in Europe where can I buy/order Nardil/Parnate w/o prescription(at an affordable price) ?

Thanks a lot.

Mike

Edited by Diego55, 11 February 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#2 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

United Pharmacies used to carry it. If you click the contact us link, they may be able to special order some for you. They've done so for me quite a few times.

http://www.unitedpha...hp?productid=38

They're in Hong Kong, but they ship worldwide.

Edited by KimberCT, 11 February 2010 - 10:21 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Google pharmacy geoff, received without problem. They have parnate.

#4 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

Google pharmacy geoff, received without problem. They have parnate.

FYI, Pharmacy Geoff and United Pharmacies are the same.

#5 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:49 PM

Have you tried novel drugs like Buspar?

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

Buspar is the worst possible garbage for social anxiety.

#7 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

BS, this thing varies between people. It did wonders for my social anxiety at high doses, but had the unfortunate side-effect of turning me into a negitive thinker. Really weird, cause no matter the situation I am always the type of person who finds that silver lining. I had to get off it, but it helped me with social anxiety.

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

BS, this thing varies between people. It did wonders for my social anxiety at high doses, but had the unfortunate side-effect of turning me into a negitive thinker. Really weird, cause no matter the situation I am always the type of person who finds that silver lining. I had to get off it, but it helped me with social anxiety.

For most ppl it doesnt work at all, your part of a small minority that finds buspar usefull. Its a flawed med anyway due to its metabolite being a dopamine antagonist, maybe that explains your side effect.

Edited by medievil, 11 February 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#9 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

For most ppl it doesnt work at all, your part of a small minority that finds buspar usefull. Its a flawed med anyway due to its metabolite being a dopamine antagonist, maybe that explains your side effect.

Maybe it doesn't work for most people but I think things like these are worth a shot before using MAOIs.

#10 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Maybe it doesn't work for most people but I think things like these are worth a shot before using MAOIs.

No, he tried all kinds of SSRI's, its time to move on IMO.

Edited by medievil, 12 February 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#11 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Buspar is not an SSRI. That's what I meant by novel drugs, drugs that don't fit in your typical drug catagories.

If for some reason you havn't tried tricyclics, then I recommend doing so before MAOIs, but you probably already have.

#12 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

Buspar is not an SSRI. That's what I meant by novel drugs, drugs that don't fit in your typical drug catagories.

If for some reason you havn't tried tricyclics, then I recommend doing so before MAOIs, but you probably already have.

I know its not a SSRI, but the fail rate is soo big with that med thats not even wort a try.
Ant tricyclics have way too many side effects.

Why are you so against MAOI's? They are VERY effective for social anxiety and being safely prescribed, the fear against them is unfounded and leads to ppl not finding a good treatment.

MAOI's are WAY underprescribed.

#13 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

I know its not a SSRI, but the fail rate is soo big with that med thats not even wort a try.

Why are you so against MAOI's? They are VERY effective for social anxiety and being safely prescribed, the fear against them is unfounded and leads to ppl not finding a good treatment.

I've seriously considered switching to an MAOI as well.  SSRI + tricyclic currently does a good job keeping my panic disorder in check, but the side effects are awful.

I'd want to try phenelzine, however, which I have not been able to find online.

#14 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

MAOIs have more side-effects than Tricyclics. MAOIs are a last resort and should be treated as such, as they can be brain-chaning.

I would also give Lamictal a shot. Helped me with anxiety/social anxiety.

#15 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:29 PM

MAOIs have more side-effects than Tricyclics. MAOIs are a last resort and should be treated as such, as they can be brain-chaning.

Thats not true, tricyclics have FAR more side effect then MAOI's. What do you mean with "brain changing" id agree in the way of being TREMENDOUSLY effective, but i assume thats not what you mean.

#16 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

I've seriously considered switching to an MAOI as well.  SSRI + tricyclic currently does a good job keeping my panic disorder in check, but the side effects are awful.

I'd want to try phenelzine, however, which I have not been able to find online.

Years ago ive been looking for nardil online for weeks, never found it unfortionally, wich is a shame as its the gold standard for SA.

Currently i'm trying other things first (stimulants+memantine) for social anxiety, if that doesnt work out, may give nardil a try in the future.

#17 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

How much do you take? I've been considering trying lamotrigine as a replacement for my TCA.  Some of those rare anticonvulsant side effects are downright scary though.

Years ago ive been looking for nardil online for weeks, never found it unfortionally, wich is a shame as its the gold standard for SA.

Currently i'm trying other things first (stimulants+memantine) for social anxiety, if that doesnt work out, may give nardil a try in the future.

Yeah, I don't know why it's so rare.  Even my local pharmacy doesn't carry it.

#18 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

Arent you on memantine? There's nothing lamictal can do that memantine cant do IMO.

#19 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

Arent you on memantine? There's nothing lamictal can do that memantine cant do IMO.

Yeah, I worked my way up to 20mg over a few months.  I'm a huge fan of memantine.

I'll move Lamictal to the bottom of my list of drugs to experiment with.

#20 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, I worked my way up to 20mg over a few months.  I'm a huge fan of memantine.

I'll move Lamictal to the bottom of my list of drugs to experiment with.

Yeah i'm also a huge memantine fan, this stuff is usefull for soo many things, as a mood stabiliser it blows all other out of the water without any of the stupidity side effects.

#21 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

How much do you take? I've been considering trying lamotrigine as a replacement for my TCA. Some of those rare anticonvulsant side effects are downright scary though.

I take 125mg, 75 in the day and 50 at night (I seem to metabolize it faster than most people). It helps somewhat with the feeling of anxiety, a lot of it is still there, but it removes most of the physical expression of this anxiety, so that when I get anxious my body isn't in pain or shaking or looking akward, it's just an internal experience. Also, I normally have pretty bad mood swings, and this has stabilized it enough where I have really been able to grow as a person instead of running around in the same thought loops.

The Stephen-Johnson's side-effect doesn't occur in an instant. The rash slowly builds up over days, so you have to be pretty dumb to get seriously injured from it. The side effect profile of Lamictal is lower than any other mood stabilizer. About 10% of people experience some sort of rash, but this can usually be avoided by titrating up very slowly (I took almost 2 months to get to 175mg and then went back down). The best side-effect of Lamictal however, was the perception of colors. The world became absolutely gorgeous, in a way I had never seen before. This went away when I went on Amitriptyline, I would guess because of 5HT2A antagonism, but I am looking for a way to get off it. I could just stare outside for 10 minutes at a time looking at the trees in my window on a bright sunny day...

Why would you say that Memantine can do everything Lamictal can? Seems to work by different mechanisms. Please link to evidence showing mood stabilization, I'm interested.

#22 yoyo

• 582 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

I've been on tranylcypromine and nortriptyline, and neither had side effects as bad as sris. tranylcypromine was great for depression, but i had low libido for 1-2 weeks. after a month 0 side effects. nort give me a bit of dry mouth. it helps with motivation and concentration. i'm taking it currently.

lamotragine has very low side effects, but efficacy is a bit weak.

#23 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

I've been on tranylcypromine and nortriptyline, and neither had side effects as bad as sris. tranylcypromine was great for depression, but i had low libido for 1-2 weeks. after a month 0 side effects. nort give me a bit of dry mouth. it helps with motivation and concentration. i'm taking it currently.

lamotragine has very low side effects, but efficacy is a bit weak.

Efficacy is a bit weak for Type 1 Bipolar, and it's therefore used in conunction with other mood stabalizers. It can be pretty effective for other things though.

#24 Diego55

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

help me please, Which option should I choose :

Parnate 10mg 50 tablets US$ 55.00
Nardil 15mg 100 tablets US$ 144.00

#25 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

I'd go for the Nardil.  Where'd you find them?

#26 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

If u go through with this, I want to hear how it goes. Keep posting.

#27 Diego55

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'd go for the Nardil. Where'd you find them?

Do you think, that Nardil is much more effective for treatment social phobia, depression than Parnate ? I'd like to order Nardil but unfortunately Nardil will be much more expensive(at daily doses) than Parnate.

Nardi at a dose of 60mg per day will be enough only for 50 days and cost $ 288.

#28 Diego55

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

I'd go for the Nardil. Where'd you find them?

qhi . co . uk, so if you are interested, you have to ask them.

#29 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

Nardil is the gold standard for social anxiety. Parnate is used more for OCD.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 yoyo

• 582 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

Nardil is the gold standard for social anxiety. Parnate is used more for OCD.

hm, nardil is more serotonergic so i'd think it'd be better for OCD. parnate is good for quick response, lower side effects, low energy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users