• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

might mementine prevent tyrosine and DLPA tolerance?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

if so that's be an option to explore! both amino acids are awesome to me, but tolerance is an issue. if what i hear about mementine is true (increase cognition, less anxiety) and it makes my safe-and-effective tyrosine and DLPA free from tolerance, this could be an awesome combo. in case that answer is it doesn't and you're wondering why i thoguht it might, it's becuase it does do that for ampthetamines and LDOPA, so i guessed it might be a dopamine thing.

Edited by csrpj, 17 March 2010 - 02:14 AM.

#2 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:34 AM

I think the problem with Tyrosine and DLPA is that they eventually downregulate Tyrosine hydroxylase and lose effectiveness. What you need is something that will upregulate this. Like, say, astragalus.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 csrpj

• Topic Starter
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

I think the problem with Tyrosine and DLPA is that they eventually downregulate Tyrosine hydroxylase and lose effectiveness. What you need is something that will upregulate this. Like, say, astragalus.

what's exactly is meant by "downregulate Tyrosine hydroxylase"? is there some permanent damage cause by tyrosine?

#4 biochemie

• 94 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:04 AM

what's exactly is meant by "downregulate Tyrosine hydroxylase"? is there some permanent damage cause by tyrosine?

No. Your body adjusts. It regulates the amount of epinephrine, dopamine, etc being produced and reduces the amount of the enzyme that is made. Its a regulation meaning that if you stop using Tyrosine, it'll upregulate back, in time.

#5 Atropy

• 160 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

I use Dlpa chronically and I think that its lost its effectiveness tremendously.Would cycling between Tyrosine and DLPA rectify the problem?Is astragalus safe to take long-term with DLPA?What do you suggest?

#6 mcc23

• 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

I use Dlpa chronically and I think that its lost its effectiveness tremendously.Would cycling between Tyrosine and DLPA rectify the problem?Is astragalus safe to take long-term with DLPA?What do you suggest?

I know this is an old thread but does anyone care to comment on how to get DLPA to regain its effectiveness? When I first started taking it around 1-2 g, I felt SO confident, and assertive. But like anything else, those effects wore off. Is there any way to make this supplement effective again? Does something need to be done to upregulate the dopamine receptors again? Thanks!

Edited by mcc23, 26 March 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#7 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

mcc23, i dont think it will ever be possible to work again because, its called aging. you expect it to work the same way it did when you were younger, it was a much more efficient system we had when we started this and it worked great. im in the same boat, DLPA was one of the most potent antidepressant i used back in the days, 10 years later, i require much stronger drugs to feel something similar and i tried to go back to DLPA many times over the years with no effect even though i took year time off from using it and still nothing. last time i tried to get anything was few months back, mega doses, nothing!

anyway, my theory is we were younger and had better dopamine production (as it declines with age) and perhaps also drug abuse and other problems along the way. main thing to know is, homeostasis!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

I don't think it's an age thing. It's just that for some reason tyrosine and various precursors produce a long lasting or even permanent tolerance.

I would guess it's because those are natural precursors of dopamine and the body regulates this pathway very efficiently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users