• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

White Afro-Futurism

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

Africa, Caribbean, etc:

2020: A significant reduction in the appalling treatment White African minorities used to face, alongside the "witch hunt" mentality that blighted the continent and the involuntary female "circumcision" of young girls.
2023: Open-mindedness towards interracial relationships where there is more of a balance between white woman/black man couples and black woman/white man couples, a balance not often found in such multicultural places like the UK or the US where there are far more occurrences of black men with white women than the opposite.
2026: Abolition of the concept of whites as ancient outcasts forced out of Africa, as folk that do not belong in the continent. Continental ridicule and revulsion of such people as Mugabe, who rallied hatred towards whites, as Europe to Hitler. The first wave of White African showbiz stars sweep the continent's music and cinéma.
2030: Open-mindedness towards homosexual relationships monoracial and interracial.
2040: Zimbabwe has it's first White-African Prime Minister!
2045: An even further increase in the number of white people in the governments of various African countries that have a black majority.
2050: The first White-African astronaut into space after a succession of black Africans going into space with grassroots space agencies.

#2 ken_akiba

• 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

I'm going to visit S. Africa for Worldup (only a few days though)
:-)

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:44 AM

I'm going to visit S. Africa for Worldup (only a few days though)
:-)

Be careful, heard some troubling things about SA.

I hope you have a great time, though.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

Africa, Caribbean, etc:

2020: A significant reduction in the appalling treatment White African minorities used to face, alongside the "witch hunt" mentality that blighted the continent and the involuntary female "circumcision" of young girls.
2023: Open-mindedness towards interracial relationships where there is more of a balance between white woman/black man couples and black woman/white man couples, a balance not often found in such multicultural places like the UK or the US where there are far more occurrences of black men with white women than the opposite.
2026: Abolition of the concept of whites as ancient outcasts forced out of Africa, as folk that do not belong in the continent. Continental ridicule and revulsion of such people as Mugabe, who rallied hatred towards whites, as Europe to Hitler. The first wave of White African showbiz stars sweep the continent's music and cinéma.
2030: Open-mindedness towards homosexual relationships monoracial and interracial.
2040: Zimbabwe has it's first White-African Prime Minister!
2045: An even further increase in the number of white people in the governments of various African countries that have a black majority.
2050: The first White-African astronaut into space after a succession of black Africans going into space with grassroots space agencies.

I guess you have never been to Africa then. Keep dreaming tho'

#5 ken_akiba

• 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

Not to worry! I plan to rent one of these lol
http://www.thoughts....FRICA-CRIME.JPG

I can't believe such cars are actually raoming SA's street (Yes, I'll need to be xtremely cautious there...)

#6 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

One prominent AI researcher grew up in South Africa, had a large business there, sold it and used the funds to start an AI research company in CA. There are great things and of course challenges to living in South Africa. I've met quite a few people who grew up there or lived there, have not traveled there myself but would love to. Do let us know how your trip goes, and ken-akiba-is that for real? Crazy that there are cars like that, now I want one ;-)

#7 ken_akiba

• 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Video demonstration

The car's named Blaster or BMW Flamethrower. According to wikipedia,
"By 2001, only a few hundred had been sold, and the inventor was instead marketing a pocket-sized "personal flamethrower."

hehe

#8 AdamDavis

• Topic Starter
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Guys, my timeline? :)

#9 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

Guys, my timeline? :)

Optimistic is probably an understatement. For instance would you consider your prediction met if Uganda removed the life sentence/death penalty for homosexuals by 2030?

#10 Alex Libman

• 566 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

Economic freedom is still quite low in Africa, so I'm not expecting anything good to happen there for a very long time.

#11 AdamSummerfield

• 351 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

Alex is right, just look at the difference between Cambodia and Burma. But African nations can still pass laws that bring about equality while remaining command-style economies. Just like the early USSR.

Edited by AdamSummerfield, 14 May 2010 - 01:21 AM.

#12 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

Economic freedom is still quite low in Africa, so I'm not expecting anything good to happen there for a very long time.

So... Mongolia, Uganda, Albania and Kirghistan are doing better than Poland ? Sure, I have tons of friends wanting to emigrate there. Shows that that there is a lot more than freedom of enterprise to why a country is liveable or not.

Edited by chris w, 14 May 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#13 Alex Libman

• 566 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

No linear estimate of economic freedom can ever be perfect, and it only shows which way a country is facing, not where it has traveled. It takes several decades of high economic freedom for a country to transition from the "third world" to the first. There are many other factors that can affect a country's success, including its natural resources, trade access (poor remote New Zealand), foreign aid / militarism (ex. Israel), culture, and so on.

That said, freedom of enterprise is the greatest determining factor for a country's future success - humans are material beings with limited access to the universe, and thus material abilities must precede all other accomplishments. The countries closer to the top of the list are better positioned to create wealth in the 21st century, and countries closer to the bottom of that list will remain relatively poor.

#14 AdamDavis

• Topic Starter
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

Has anybody seen the film documentary Mugabe and the White African? I can imagine it to be quite a hard and angry watch.

Furthermore, militant black nationalism is just inverse nazism, and should be reviled as such. Does not any form of extreme racial supremacy just cause a constant feedback loop of prejudice and violence, especially if one kind of supremacy is a reaction against another? Want to know another parallel between nazism and black nationalism? Rampant homophobia; they're more similar than you would think...

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:36 AM

Has anybody seen the film documentary Mugabe and the White African? I can imagine it to be quite a hard and angry watch.

Furthermore, militant black nationalism is just inverse nazism, and should be reviled as such. Does not any form of extreme racial supremacy just cause a constant feedback loop of prejudice and violence, especially if one kind of supremacy is a reaction against another? Want to know another parallel between nazism and black nationalism? Rampant homophobia; they're more similar than you would think...

I didn't see the movie but I can imagine. Mugabe is by all accounts a monster who trashed an entire country. Militant nationalism of all stripes is ugly. I suspect that the main reason people don't seem to get quite as worked up over black nationalism in Africa is from a sense of "what goes around comes around". I can't excuse evil wherever it might be, but in some cases it's pretty easy to see where it came from. The world is full of the feedback loops of prejudice and violence that you mention. There are entire societies that seem to have a form of PTSD, as a result of genocide or other trauma inflicted on them by others. These things sift down through many generations; centuries even. They don't go away quickly. Rwanda might be an exception, I'm not sure.

#16 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

I didn't see the movie but I can imagine. Mugabe is by all accounts a monster who trashed an entire country. Militant nationalism of all stripes is ugly. I suspect that the main reason people don't seem to get quite as worked up over black nationalism in Africa is from a sense of "what goes around comes around". I can't excuse evil wherever it might be, but in some cases it's pretty easy to see where it came from. The world is full of the feedback loops of prejudice and violence that you mention. There are entire societies that seem to have a form of PTSD, as a result of genocide or other trauma inflicted on them by others. These things sift down through many generations; centuries even. They don't go away quickly. Rwanda might be an exception, I'm not sure.

That feedback cycle continues even further, as the black nationalists proceed to destroy their own countries.

It comes down to this: You can't impose countries on people who think tribally, at least not without a long stretch under colonial rule.

#17 AdamSummerfield

• 351 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

The Omo People...

#18 Lallante

• 197 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

Whites should be represented in Africa's media, politics etc in approximately the same proportion as they are to the total population (ie. Barely at all). South Africa is still skewed towards whites in this regard (nowhere near enough Indian TV stars in SA etc).

Similarly, the issue with the lack of white man - black woman couples says a LOT more about white men than it does about black women - look in the personel ads in the back of any decent magazine and you'll see endless black women looking to date white men and literally none of the opposite.

#19 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

<snip>

Where on earth did you come up with this from? Have you even spent any significant time in Africa? :)

The second tourist in the world to visit space was in fact a White, South African, Mark Shuttleworth.

http://en.wikipedia....rk_Shuttleworth

One prominent AI researcher grew up in South Africa, had a large business there, sold it and used the funds to start an AI research company in CA. There are great things and of course challenges to living in South Africa. I've met quite a few people who grew up there or lived there, have not traveled there myself but would love to. Do let us know how your trip goes, and ken-akiba-is that for real? Crazy that there are cars like that, now I want one ;-)

I am following a similar path as the man mentioned above. What was his name out of interest?.

My hero is Elon Musk, what a genius and so low profile! A fellow South African living in CA, USA. A probably the worlds greatest entrepreneur alive. 5 successful companies at age 39, including Tesla, Paypal and SpaceX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users