- - - - -

Stimulant Blues

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

[/quote]
Personally, I found micronized DHEA in combo with DIM and zinc to be helpful for the adrenals. Worth a try..................... However, I would not take DHEA daily, it's a hormone and too much exogenous DHEA can reduce internal production. The result is extra anxiety. I actually tried DHEA from Switzerland daily for 2 months. It felt great for my body, but when I stopped it, I had a crash for about 2 days. I now cycle it, some days on, some days off. Works great.
[/quote]

DHEA supplementation lowers cortisol output, exactly what you don't want with adrenal insufficiency.

#32 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

I am interested in possibly taking desicated porcine adrenal tissue but I am a little skeptical about this and a little disgusted by the fact its porcine adrenal glands.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 longevitynow

• 266 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:26 AM

I have tried every adrenal supplement available for years and have found that most of them are at least somewhat useful. For optimal effect, you will probably have to mix and match. But of everything out there, I think I could not live without adrenal glandulars. Most of the ones I take are bovine, I believe, but I wouldn't necessarily not take a porcine one, particularly if it is well recommended. I had CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for years and they have helped more than just about anything.
Signed, "20 year user of adrenal gladulars"

Edited by longevitynow, 23 September 2010 - 02:27 AM.

#34 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

I have tried every adrenal supplement available for years and have found that most of them are at least somewhat useful. For optimal effect, you will probably have to mix and match. But of everything out there, I think I could not live without adrenal glandulars. Most of the ones I take are bovine, I believe, but I wouldn't necessarily not take a porcine one, particularly if it is well recommended. I had CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for years and they have helped more than just about anything.
Signed, "20 year user of adrenal gladulars"

Where do you get your glandulars from? I am going to try locally before I buy online. I am looking for porcine mainly due to a fear of BSE from bovine sourced products.

#35 Sorcerer

• 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

DHEA supplementation lowers cortisol output, exactly what you don't want with adrenal insufficiency.

Actually, there is no diagnosis of "adrenal insufficiency." I was responding to tim's original post. Those symptoms could actually be caused by OVERACTIVE adrenals and HIGH cortisol, which is what I had.

Of course, the only way to know is to have the cortisol levels tested. DHEA is tricky, if the person young, though.

I would say to actually get cortisol and DHEA test results, and then decide what to do based on the numbers, rather than act based on speculations........................

#36 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

Actually, there is no diagnosis of "adrenal insufficiency." I was responding to tim's original post. Those symptoms could actually be caused by OVERACTIVE adrenals and HIGH cortisol, which is what I had.

Of course, the only way to know is to have the cortisol levels tested. DHEA is tricky, if the person young, though.

I would say to actually get cortisol and DHEA test results, and then decide what to do based on the numbers, rather than act based on speculations........................

I have been checked for Cushing's Syndrome and my cortisol levels were not abnormally high. This was 3 years ago I was checked.

#37 Sorcerer

• 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

I have been checked for Cushing's Syndrome and my cortisol levels were not abnormally high. This was 3 years ago I was checked.

Hi. I would look into this, if I were you:

http://www.sheilashea.com/candida.html

http://www.holistich...et/candida.html

And a few books:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0553277510

Just in case.

#38 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

Of course there is a diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency, addisons disease falls under this.

Anyways, yes I totally agree with you, you should get it tested.

#39 michael117

• 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

Wow, I'm surprised to see not a single person mention L-Tyrosine supplementation as it is a precursor that metabolizes into norepinephrine(noradrenaline) and dopamine. I'm prescribed adderall which helps... for a while (which is understandable). You see... it's a norepinephrine+dopamine agonist (it forces the release of those stored neurotransmitters) which leaves me feeling quite depleted and thus, lethargic, tired, sleepy, unmotivated, and even depressed. When freshly on it, after a break, it's like a heightened sense of focus, clarity, and finally, some organizational skills (for me at least), which is what we're all looking for, to some extent (and then some with my experience with a few nootropics like piracetam, which felt quite natural comparatively). The problem with this is that it isn't a consistent, long term solution in that it leads to a huge release and rapid depletion of dopamine and norepinephrine (to a lesser extent as I will still get undesirable peripheral nervous system side effects after its benefits have worn off with consistent use). This alone confuses the hell out of my body/mind as to where normalcy is with these neurotransmitters as my brain is infiltrated with heightened levels, so it sets off the appropriate signals to downregulate, and/or I'm left with NE+D levels below even what my body considers to be the norm.

I'd speculate that chronic stress from work would exacerbate similar symptoms but over a much longer, and smoother, period of time that many people commonly endeavor and just go to their doctor expecting accurate and adequate help without detriment to their health, but just leave their office with a script in hand for a drug that will affect said neurotransmitters and possibly worsen the symptoms (not entirely sure how a norepinephrine+dopamine reuptake inhibitor would affect levels long term as it seems like a more subtle mode of action but still likely to confuse the shit out of your body).

Anyway, L-tyrosine gets converted to l-dopa and then to norepinephrine and dopamine. I've done plenty of reading of others' experiences with effects of l-dopa to not even try, much less advise you to take it, but I feel the body is more capable of self regulating the amount of l-tyrosine necessary. Since l-tyrosine is an amino acid found in meat, then simply eating more protein could provide some possible relief ("let thy food be the medicine and the medicine be the food."). Even if I have taken my dose of l-tryosine early in the day, and on an empty stomach, I still find a protein rich meal eaten an hour or so beforehand to be the most effective measure for making a dose of adderall really count.

Hope this info helps and keep us updated if you find some relief. Best of luck to you.

Edited by michael117, 24 September 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#40 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hi. I would look into this, if I were you:

http://www.sheilashea.com/candida.html

http://www.holistich...et/candida.html

And a few books:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0553277510

Just in case.

I also got your PM on here. For starters, I am a male not a female like you suggested in the PM. As well, I know its not Candida because I was treated with antifungals for a few weeks and they didn't make a difference to this.

#41 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

If you going to eat animal adrenal glands i would recommend eatting it raw. This is because protiens denature from approximately 60*C. Trace Protiens and fragments do pass through the digestive system in a active state. You could add some raw heart for a real energy boost.
I dont know why you are trying to source them online, the only place to get such things fresh is through a butcher, although they may need to order it in.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#42 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

If you going to eat animal adrenal glands i would recommend eatting it raw. This is because protiens denature from approximately 60*C. Trace Protiens and fragments do pass through the digestive system in a active state. You could add some raw heart for a real energy boost.
I dont know why you are trying to source them online, the only place to get such things fresh is through a butcher, although they may need to order it in.

Uhm, I much rather take it in pill form. I threw up a little bit when you told me to eat raw heart and adrenal haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users