Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Top 5 supplements

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#1 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

I thought i start one since it's a while since people since we had this kind of a list.

Still experimenting but hoping mine to unfold as following. .

1. Lithium
2. Magnesium
3. SJW
4. Fish oil
5. Alpha GPC

Feel free to add.
  • like x 2

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

I would consider this the top 5 of all supplements:

Curcumin
Resveratrol
Semax
Cerebrolysin
Galantamine

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

Curcumin
Resveratrol
Semax
Cerebrolysin
Galantamine

Wah? Have you even tried galantamine? If you have, what's your take on it? My bottle has arrived but I haven't tried it yet.

#4 Recortes

• 131 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Curcumin
Green Tea
Red wine
D3 (if your blood test indicate you are low in this)
Difficult to say if the rest are worth on the long run.

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

Curcumin
Resveratrol
Semax
Cerebrolysin
Galantamine

Wah? Have you even tried galantamine? If you have, what's your take on it? My bottle has arrived but I haven't tried it yet.

No havent tried it yet, havent tried semax and cerebrolysin either, it was more of a list of what looks the most promosing to me.
  • dislike x 1

#6 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

Okay, I was hoping for a glowing review ;)

Here are five nice supplements in no particular order:

Vitamin D
White tea (too bad the caffeine doesn't agree with me)
Red wine (easy on the alcohol though)
Omega 3
Vitamin K
  • dislike x 1

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Vitamin D (oil-based formulations only)
Vitamin K (K2-MK7)
Fish Oil
Magnesium
Carnosine
  • like x 2

#8 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Vitamin K (K2-MK7)
Fish Oil
Magnesium
Carnosine

Same ....except switching Beta-Alanine with Carnosine

#9 ironchet

• 66 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Vitamin K (K2-MK7)
Fish Oil
Magnesium
Carnosine

Same ....except switching Beta-Alanine with Carnosine

Same here... + probiotics every now and then.

#10 yucca06

• 74 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

Resveratrol
D3 (from october to march, natural sun exposure between)
idebenone
Na-R-ALA
Taurine

#11 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Red wine is great OTHER than the fact that it is potentially addictive, contains a potent neuro toxin (alchohol), is caulk full of calories and loaded with sugar. :-)

-Brian

#12 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

I left out vitamine D3, K2, fish oil etc out of my top list as i see them more as an addon for getting all nutrients you need, technically also supplements i know.

#13 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Red wine is great OTHER than the fact that it is potentially addictive, contains a potent neuro toxin (alchohol), is caulk full of calories and loaded with sugar. :-)

-Brian

That's why I much prefer dealcoholized red wine. Much of the calories are also from the alcohol. You don't get the same benefits from red grape juice/skins though so it has to be fermented as wine in the first place.

#14 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Curcumin
Resveratrol
Cycloastragenol
Magnesium
Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 20 September 2010 - 06:55 PM.

• like x 2

#15 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

In no order:

1. Na-R-ALA
2. Vitamin D-3
3. Magnesium glycinate
4. Omega-3
5. Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Runner up:
Resveratrol

Edited by pycnogenol, 20 September 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#16 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

Dry red wine has very little-no sugar. If you are buying bottles in the $5-10 range, then, yes, the winemakers typically add back sugar
in the form of grape syrup to add mouthfeel, typically around 0.1%.

Also, what about the epidemiological evidence that moderate drinkers live longer than abstainers and heavy drinkers?

-Brian

• like x 1

#17 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

Replacements*:
Vitamin D3
Vitamin K2-MK4
Fish Oil
Magnesium
Probiotics

Supplements:
Lithium
Curcumin
Green Tea
Carnosine/Beta-Alanine (haven't made up my mind yet)
ALCAR

* I consider these replacements rather that supplements due to my various modern evolutionary discordances
  • like x 2

#18 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

My top 5 would be something like (in no order):
1. Cordyceps - I think this is such an underrated supplement.
2. Selegiline/Deprenyl
3. Bacopa
4. Magnesium
5. Zinc

Edited by Steve_86, 23 September 2010 - 04:58 PM.

#19 xdopamine

• 59 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

1. Deprenyl
2. Bacopa
3. Omega 3
4. Magnesium
5. NAC

#20 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:59 AM

Extremely predictable but:

1. D3
2. K
3. Magnesium
4. Omega 3
5. Curcumin

Closely followed by: ALCAR, resveratrol, green tea, glisodin, tocopherols/tocotrienols, mixed berry extracts, NAC, Carnosine, Pyridoxamine, Milk Thistle, dietary fibre, Na-Rala (with co-supplementing Sam-E), Taurine.

#21 dosquito

• 253 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

I am about to order some of LE's "super bio curcumin"...worth it? Or should I go with their one that has bioperine and is cheaper? I am excited to try curcumin, it seems people really like it. besides bacopa, which gave me diarrhea, I have found most supps to be disappointing. ashwagandha is nice, but kind of weak. rhodiola is decent. perika seems to have an appreciable effect (I'll be trying kira next), lithium did very little, lion's mane...I would try again...I think that covers it. I am also going to try NOW's gotu kola

My main symptoms are generalized anxiety (hard to relax and just have a good time) and decreased memory function (short and long term, difficulty remember names/phone numbers), and I think those two are related. I should really stick to a regular regimine of exercise and meditation, both help me a lot. I have so much potential that this darned anxiety and low level depression won't let me unlock!

Edited by dosquito, 24 September 2010 - 03:43 AM.

#22 iago

• 110 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

I am about to order some of LE's "super bio curcumin"...worth it? Or should I go with their one that has bioperine and is cheaper?

I don't know about their super biocurcumin. Are those claims supported in any way? Piperine has research supporting its use with curcumin. I can't quite work out what the magic ingredient is in the biocurcumin that is supposed to increase bioavailability. At any rate, I would recommend Swanson's curcumin with piperine. I used it first - very good I thought. Right now I'm using Jarrows' without piperine and I don't find it to be very good at all.

#23 nito

• Topic Starter
  • 996 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

I am about to order some of LE's "super bio curcumin"...worth it? Or should I go with their one that has bioperine and is cheaper? I am excited to try curcumin, it seems people really like it. besides bacopa, which gave me diarrhea, I have found most supps to be disappointing. ashwagandha is nice, but kind of weak. rhodiola is decent. perika seems to have an appreciable effect (I'll be trying kira next), lithium did very little, lion's mane...I would try again...I think that covers it. I am also going to try NOW's gotu kola

My main symptoms are generalized anxiety (hard to relax and just have a good time) and decreased memory function (short and long term, difficulty remember names/phone numbers), and I think those two are related. I should really stick to a regular regimine of exercise and meditation, both help me a lot. I have so much potential that this darned anxiety and low level depression won't let me unlock!

I feel ya. I have the same issues holding me back. The anxiety is such that i get the darn butterflies in my belly even if i'm just watching some tv at home or perhaps playing a video game. Not the usual environment to get anxiety but it still occurs. I also pre worry in advance over things that really should not be worrying at all. How long did perika take to work for you and how many pills did you take a day?

#24 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Well if you take curcumin and expect to 'feel' something, you are going to be disappointed with it as well. There is nothing to 'feel' with that supplement or most supplements for that matter. If that is your expectation of a 'good' supplement, you should probably save the money.

#25 dosquito

• 253 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:11 PM

Well, I for one can definitely feel changes in my cognitive performance. It's a huge part of my identity so low cognitive function can lead to depression for me. Perhaps you are right, but I have seen reviews that state otherwise, and I'm willing to give it a shot.

Perika started working in about a week or so. I've been going at it for around 3 weeks now and I *think* it's working but the only way to be sure is if I started taking it. But I have definitely noticed some good things like being more social, episodes of feeling happy, etc. I have been taking 2 a day. If you remind me in a PM in a few weeks I'll let you know how I like kira

#26 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

I am about to order some of LE's "super bio curcumin"...worth it? Or should I go with their one that has bioperine and is cheaper?

Pretty pricey stuff that Super Bio-Curcumin; maybe you should try Doctor's best Mervia Curcumin.

http://www.iherb.com...Caps/23084?at=0

#27 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

1) Lithium
2) K2 MK7
3) Pomegranate extract
4) Green Tea extract (to be taken at seperate time as pom)
5) Vitamin D3
  • like x 1

#28 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

1. RevGenetics' Master Gene P16
2. RevGenetics' Nitro-Mx
3. Lutimax's Luteolin
4. RevGenetics' Astral Fruit-C
5. Nordic Naturals' Pro Omega D Liquid
  • like x 1

#29 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:15 AM

Omega 3s
Vitamin D
Resveratrol
Carnosine
Pyridoxamine
R-Lipoic Acid

I might add selegiline and metformin, but I consider them off label use prescription medications rather than supplements.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 karoloydi

• 18 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

1. Curcumin
2. Resveratrol
3. Lion's Mane
4. NAC
5. Acetyl L Carnnitine

Memantine would be the top 1 on the list, but its more of a prescription medicine than a supplement.

Edited by karoloydi, 28 September 2010 - 06:24 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users