• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

I love this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYWzCUohKms
...long quote trimmed--

Do you mind explaining the genesis of the band title? I hope it's not another heavy metal/white supremacist band...

Edited by maxwatt, 29 October 2010 - 01:03 PM.
trim long quote

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#3 ChromodynamicGirl

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

It's an industrial band, thus, Die Krupps.
Not that I mind decent nazi music. Landser is pretty good, and hilarious.

Do you mind explaining the genesis of the band title? I hope it's not another heavy metal/white supremacist band...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

I believe Krupp was a German steel conglomerate.

#5 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

I believe Krupp was a German steel conglomerate.

Yes, and a notorious Third Reich supporter, which is why I asked, since she had previously expressed an odd indifference to Nazism. Her blog, for instance, is titled "Nazis are Sexy," which explains a lot. But I'm too exhausted to wage another anti-Nazi battle, so I'll leave this one alone for now.

Edited by Rol82, 30 October 2010 - 01:13 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#6 ChromodynamicGirl

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

since she had previously expressed an odd indifference to Nazism.

Yeah, not having a fit about left wing propaganda about a bunch of guys who'd all be dead now anyways is 'odd'. I also don't give a shit about what Genghis Khan did, the fact that he entertains me is more important than your moralistic jackoffery.
  • dislike x 4
  • like x 1

#7 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:19 AM

Yeah, not having a fit about left wing propaganda about a bunch of guys who'd all be dead now anyways is 'odd'. I also don't give a shit about what Genghis Khan did, the fact that he entertains me is more important than your moralistic jackoffery.

Tamerlane is even more entertaining than Genghis Khan. Genghis never built a pyramid of skulls like Tamerlane did.

When he sacked Isfahan, he charged each soldier to bring back a severed head by sundown, or else donate their own. It s said that 70,000 heads were piled. When the flesh rotted, the pyramid of skulls stood for many years.

To those who romanticize such things, I ask: are you sure it won't be your skull on the pyramid at sundown?
  • like x 1

#8 ChromodynamicGirl

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

are you sure it won't be your skull on the pyramid at sundown?

Outside of my control, ergo, irrelevant.
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#9 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

are you sure it won't be your skull on the pyramid at sundown?

Outside of my control, ergo, irrelevant.

To the extent one encourages such things, it is in one's control.
  • like x 3

#10 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

Tamerlane is even more entertaining than Genghis Khan. Genghis never built a pyramid of skulls like Tamerlane did.

When he sacked Isfahan, he charged each soldier to bring back a severed head by sundown, or else donate their own. It s said that 70,000 heads were piled. When the flesh rotted, the pyramid of skulls stood for many years.

To those who romanticize such things, I ask: are you sure it won't be your skull on the pyramid at sundown?

I believe the original badass title here actually goes to one of the grandsons of Genghis - Hulagu Chan, who seized Baghdad in 1298 and killed the last Abbaside caliph, he had himself a neat skull piramid before Tamerlane, and his was more quality over quantity - composed of poets', scholars' and imams' heads with the caliph's one on top.

ChromoDynamicGirl makes me sweat ( ideologically ).

#11 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

I believe the original badass title here actually goes to one of the grandsons of Genghis - Hulagu Chan, who seized Baghdad in 1298 and killed the last Abbaside caliph, he had himself a neat skull piramid before Tamerlane, and his was more quality over quantity - composed of poets', scholars' and imams' heads with the caliph's one on top.

The way he killed the caliph is interesting; believing it unseemly that so holy a man be seen suffering the ignominy of execution, he had him rolled up in a carpet, and trampled to death by his cavalry. They believed that the earth was offended if touched by royal blood, and the carpet prevented this insult. More destructively, he filled i the network of canals used for irrigation and transportation, leaving a desert wasteland what once was a flourishing agricultural region. Baghdad remained a wasteland for seven centuries, and never fully recovered. This ended the "golden age" of Islam. I agree Hulagu was worse; Timurlane killed 70,000 in a day, and simlarly devastated a great city, but Hulagu destroyed an entire culture.

re: sweat. Thanks to the anonymity of the net, for all we know, ChronoDynamicGirl is a 40-year old bachelor virgin living in his mother's basement.

#12 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

re: sweat. Thanks to the anonymity of the net, for all we know, ChronoDynamicGirl is a 40-year old bachelor virgin living in his mother's basement.

LOL ... However becareful Max, as perhaps you may have just accidentally described quite a good percentage of devoted transhumanists.

#13 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

I would hardly refer to the many nuanced accounts of German history between 1933-1945, and the popular interpretation and application of their lessons to be seeding, or driven largely by left-wing propaganda. However, there should be a valid concern over thoughtlessly vilifying the German people as a whole, and without regard to their actions. But then again, I would consider a small percentage to be completely innocent, since their crimes ranged from passivity to active participation, and were components of a larger organic entity. Because the crimes of Nazi Germany are analogous to very few precedents, I too have been dismayed with how top-down processing in scholarship has led to the frequent error of constructing and distorting facts to make the analogy device more apt when efforts to make parallels with Nazi German behavior are attempted. The problem is, of course, that this sort of intellectual clumsiness often leads to the wrong conclusions, with the Munich Agreement analogy, for instance, being partially to blame for some rather appalling and disastrous errors in judgement. But the allure of the Munich Agreement analogy (and the like) persists in analyses, because they serve as a mechanism for rationalizing an overwhelming volume of information and difficult to ascertain patterns of behavior. And although their use is usually driven by well-meaning intentions, a careless and repeated employment of false analogies in scholarship diminishes their impact on human behavior, which leads to the worrisome consequence of an altered rate of recidivism, and is greatly troubling to those that desire a linear progression in norms, laws, and politics---either domestic or international. This lamentable state of scholarship can partially explain your troubling position on Nazi Germany, which you seem to consider trivial, possessing an entertainment value, and greatly misrepresented. Which is somewhat of a legitimate position, but with the incidence of interstate (and intrastate) war, democide, sectarian conflict, and politically sponsored campaigns of murder, I think it's incumbent on responsible individuals to document and convey through different mediums the horrifying and exceptional extent of the deviance of Nazi Germany. So we must care deeply about the instructive lessons of Nazi Germany, and Genghis Khan for this matter, because as a global society, we cannot afford the recurrence of such events in any palpable form. But at the same time, we must be ever mindful of how we make reference to them.

Although I doubt that you harbor sympathy for the Third Reich, and are cognizant of the contours of its extraordinarily deviant conduct, I suggest you be careful with your casual treatment of Nazism, because it's unbecoming, and more likely to cause offense than transform. Causing offense in discourse, of course, shouldn't be avoided, but there are boundaries that many heed---which you have an evident disdain for in spite of your obvious intelligence. Further, I imagine many of us have predecessors that fell victim to Hitler's global campaign of murder, so I ask that you try to at least be sensitive to these haunting memories, and make a sincere attempt to understand the reasons why your ideas have been so poorly received.

Edited by Rol82, 30 October 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#14 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

The way he killed the caliph is interesting; believing it unseemly that so holy a man be seen suffering the ignominy of execution, he had him rolled up in a carpet, and trampled to death by his cavalry. They believed that the earth was offended if touched by royal blood, and the carpet prevented this insult. More destructively, he filled i the network of canals used for irrigation and transportation, leaving a desert wasteland what once was a flourishing agricultural region. Baghdad remained a wasteland for seven centuries, and never fully recovered. This ended the "golden age" of Islam. I agree Hulagu was worse; Timurlane killed 70,000 in a day, and simlarly devastated a great city, but Hulagu destroyed an entire culture.

It's funny you should say this, because my girlfriend reached a similar conclusion after browsing the forum, and after articulating it, I was almost entirely dismissive. But then again, who knows? Has there been an attempt to conduct a verifiable survey of the demographic profiles of the Imminst population? I'd be really interested to see the results, because many of us seem to have similar personality properties, and I'm very curious about the correlates.

Edited by Rol82, 31 October 2010 - 04:02 AM.

#15 ChromodynamicGirl

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Causing offense in discourse, of course, shouldn't be avoided, but there are boundaries that many heed---which you have an evident disdain for in spite of your obvious intelligence. Further, I imagine many of us have predecessors that fell victim to Hitler's global campaign of murder, so I ask that you try to at least be sensitive to these haunting memories, and make a sincere attempt to understand the reasons why your ideas have been so poorly received.

Anyone who is capable of being 'offended' is not worth my trouble. I have no use for moralizers.

because many of us seem to have similar personality properties

Low empathy, fascination with systems and patterns, disdain for most social norms and conceptions compared to our own conceptions derived from narrow interests. Same as any fringe aspie-ish people, including internet Nazis and Christian nutters. Predominantly male because women are usually enslaved to social constructs.

Edited by ChromodynamicGirl, 31 October 2010 - 02:37 AM.

• dislike x 1

#16 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:57 AM

Causing offense in discourse, of course, shouldn't be avoided, but there are boundaries that many heed---which you have an evident disdain for in spite of your obvious intelligence. Further, I imagine many of us have predecessors that fell victim to Hitler's global campaign of murder, so I ask that you try to at least be sensitive to these haunting memories, and make a sincere attempt to understand the reasons why your ideas have been so poorly received.

Anyone who is capable of being 'offended' is not worth my trouble. I have no use for moralizers.

Low empathy, fascination with systems and patterns, disdain for most social norms and conceptions compared to our own conceptions derived from narrow interests. Same as any fringe aspie-ish people, including internet Nazis and Christian nutters. Predominantly male because women are usually enslaved to social constructs.

Okay, at least I tried where few have bothered. I imagine maintaining a relationship with you is analogous to running a three minute mile.
  • like x 1

#17 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Okay, at least I tried where few have bothered. I imagine maintaining a relationship with you is analogous to running a three minute mile.

I was thinking more of playing with a lightning ball.

#18 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

No, just simply "no".

#19 ChromodynamicGirl

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

I have a handful of friends who are basically self-indulgent nihilists, and we rarely have any conflicts. It's easy to get along with selfish people - give them what they want or leave them alone. It's the idealists that cause problems.

I was thinking more of playing with a lightning ball.

I like that analogy :P

Also, Landser. A folk song about Rudolf Hess = Barrels of funny. Maybe just because I'm stoned a lot.

Edited by ChromodynamicGirl, 01 November 2010 - 03:06 AM.

• dislike x 1

#20 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

For f--k's sake! Why?

#21 ChromodynamicGirl

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:55 AM

For f--k's sake! Why?

Dude, if you can't find a soft folk song about Rudolph Hess funny, I don't know what to tell you.

It's also not a bad song, which is why I like Landser.

Edited by ChromodynamicGirl, 01 November 2010 - 03:57 AM.

#22 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Dude, if you can't find a soft folk song about Rudolph Hess funny, I don't know what to tell you.

For some reason, I would associate Neo-Nazis with heavy metal, or perhaps Wagner's Soul-stirring Die Walküre.
It ain't good Neo-Nazi music unless it makes you want to invade Poland.

#23 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

For f--k's sake! Why?

I guess, kids will always be kids.

Posted Image

Causing offense in discourse, of course, shouldn't be avoided

Hell yeah !

#24 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

In the interest of everyone, I think I'll radically change the trajectory of the thread topic, and post a music video that I consider to be quite awesome:

Interestingly, I briefly chatted with him while he was siting on a bench in Central Park, and innocently reading the Sunday New York Times. In most cases, I leave celebrities alone, because I imagine they've grown weary of interacting with fans. However, in this case, I took a giant leap, and loudly uttered a well known part of a passage from Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire whilst slowly passing him---which is a work that Iggy actually offered his insights about in the journal Classics Ireland. Upon hearing this, he quickly and somewhat alarmingly looked up from his paper, and for ten excruciating seconds, it seemed as if he was either seriously struggling to think of the context of the quote, or in the process of formulating a snide response. But finally, and to my great relief, he smiled broadly, and exclaimed "Fucking Gibbon." Anyway, we got to talking for a few minutes, and I found him to be surprisingly cerebral, charming, and unpretentious. However, I didn't want to press my luck, so I decided to prematurely end the conversation, and leave him to his paper. I've always wondered, though, if I could've ended up sitting at a cafe or bar with Iggy. That certainly would've been infinitely cool.

Edited by Rol82, 01 November 2010 - 09:38 PM.

• like x 1

#25 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

For f--k's sake! Why?

I guess, kids will always be kids.

Posted Image

Causing offense in discourse, of course, shouldn't be avoided

Hell yeah !

Sid Vicious, or random bloke? It has to be the former.

Edited by Rol82, 01 November 2010 - 09:43 PM.

#26 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

Wow living with the anger makes me stronger. No one can be as bad as me but at the same time I am so nice to my cat. Parapsychotic embraced celebratory fun, not my cup of tea darling. What do you do in your spare time nercrophilia? Lol
Yeah in your reality. So who does the dishes then? I know, you got a dish washer.
War brings out the best in people, thats you that is.
Mid brain malfunction causes the music sounds to feel nice.
The parasites have you, they take the guilt of your actions(not that you do much)!
Nice vids, shame there aren't that many on line. Getting old now.
A L-Histidine deficiency regresses the nerve area responsible for orgasm so one has to have rougher and rougher sex to get off. I hope you have a nice day.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users