* * * * * 2 votes

Magnesium L-threonate

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 bdoris

• 101 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

Bdoris,

Here is a place where you can find a number of batteries to test yourself: http://www.cogtest.c...ib_demtest.html
They have a facial recognition test, as you can see.

Anything new to report regarding your MgT supplementation?

Also, just curious, but how exactly does a magnesium enema increase absorption?
Rather than just, say, expelling all that good magnesium out of the body prematurely.

Thanks for the link.

When you have a magnesium enema (watery diarrhea), the absorption of Magnesium does increase significantly from the large bowel

Enema means you get to have lots of water in your bowels - MgT being water soluble, it can cross into your blood stream much more easily so the plasma concentration will spike - until your kidneys clear it and establish normal levels of Mg+.

Basically, it's the water that makes all the difference. I don't have time to recheck my previous links, but if you read them you'll see a good descriptions of what could happen and it corresponded very well with what I could actually observe on myself.

#62 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

A lot of people on this forum seemed to be excited about MgT and now that its out(cerebral health supplies it) no one is talking about it. So what's up guys? Had anyone experimented with the MgT at cerebral health?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

A lot of people on this forum seemed to be excited about MgT and now that its out(cerebral health supplies it) no one is talking about it. So what's up guys? Had anyone experimented with the MgT at cerebral health?

what cereberal health sell it? I heard they good company, i wonder if this is real and if it works.

#64 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

I ordered 100 grams to experiment, will report back

#65 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

what cereberal health sell it? I heard they good company, i wonder if this is real and if it works.

Yeah, they also sell noopept as well now. If you go to their website they have a little announcement at the top of the webpage saying they sell noopept and MgT.

A lot of people seem to respond well to their supplements, I have yet to buy anything from them. I wonder where they get their bulk MgT powder from though?

#66 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Sweet! What doses are you going to experiment with?

#67 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

#68 Noodly

• 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

Hi, new here.

What everyone's said about their experiences is very interesting. With all nootropics, however, I'm concerned with long term side effects. Does anyone know if any research has been done on the effects of this substance over longer periods of time?

#69 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

- Is this a good seller (cerebral health)??
- They are selling the MgT that AIDP distributes (called Magtein)??
- It is safe in the long term??

#70 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

- Is this a good seller (cerebral health)??
- They are selling the MgT that AIDP distributes (called Magtein)??
- It is safe in the long term??

Its a very new supplement so I doubt if there is any information available about the long term safety.

#71 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

I was going to microdose during school: 0.5 g a day or something like that
during exams I'd bump it up to something like 7 g a day
from what i've read, it can work a bit laxative when you just start taking it,
it works noticably on long term memory, and less so but subtly on short term memory..

Edited by Baten, 23 July 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#72 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

it works noticably on long term memory, and less so but subtly on short term memory..

Edited by Baten, 23 July 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#73 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

Aren't you a little worried about the long term effects? Or are you approaching it as a cost/benefit thing?

#74 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Aren't you a little worried about the long term effects? Or are you approaching it as a cost/benefit thing?

It strains your kidney a little, but since I'm only going to use it excessively during exams, I doubt there's a real risk.
I hardly ever drink alcohol, exercise nearly every day and eat healthy.
Or is there any long term effect you know of that I don't?

#75 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

It strains your kidney a little, but since I'm only going to use it excessively during exams, I doubt there's a real risk.
I hardly ever drink alcohol, exercise nearly every day and eat healthy.
Or is there any long term effect you know of that I don't?

Sorry, I should have said potential long term side effects. Its such a new drug with little research on long term usage.

From what I've read it is the most potent form of magnesium, being able to deliver the most Mg to the brain. Im not sure what the long term implications for an increased level of magnesium in the brain are.

But for some reason im still interested in trying MgT nonetheless lol.

#76 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Same here. If I notice any major side effect, I will stop supplementing of course.

#77 jven014

• 46 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:53 AM

Same here. If I notice any major side effect, I will stop supplementing of course.

Are you taking any in conjunction with MgT?
I was thinking about adding it to my stack of:
3g piracetam
600mg alpha gpc
750 aniracetam
400mg Sulbutiamine

#78 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:50 AM

Are you taking any in conjunction with MgT?
I was thinking about adding it to my stack of:
3g piracetam
600mg alpha gpc
750 aniracetam
400mg Sulbutiamine

Seems like a sweet stack.
I was thinking of
2400mg piracetam
250mg alpha GPC
2x 300mg CDP Choline
3x 500mg aniracetam
3x 1000mg Taurine
500mg Magnesium L-Threo
another 2400mg piracetam + 250mg CDP Choline before sleeping

or

I was thinking of
2400mg piracetam
250mg alpha GPC
2x 300mg CDP Choline
3x 500mg aniracetam
3x 1000mg Taurine
500mg Magnesium L-Threo
another 2400mg piracetam + 250mg alpha GPC

#79 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Even though the product that cerebral health sells may be from a different supplier, "Magtein" (Magnesium L-Threonate distributed by AIDP Inc.) was self-affirmed GRAS (generally recognized as safe). News: http://www.naturalpr...irmed-gras.aspx

I´m not an expert, but we can expect according to this recognition that Magnesium L-Threonate is a safe product or it should be necessary to make more studies about it??

It is clear that cerebral health uses another magnesium l-threonate and not the "Magtein" exclusively distributed by AIDP. Who can be the supplier if AIDP has the exclusivity?? Can we expect that magnesium l-threonate from cerebral health is as "safe" as the one from AIDP??

#80 Len Jones

• 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

I have now been taking 7g of MgT daily for 55 days and I regret to say that there has been no measurable improvement in memory or any cognitive function over that time which cannot be attributed to the learning process.

I am a 69 year old male weighing 70K, While I am fitter and in better heath than most of my peers, I have been experiencing the normal memory decline associated with aging, hence my interest in MgT.

Methodology:
I mix 21g of MgT into 3 cups of water and store in a glass bottle. I measure the amount of powder with an electronic sale accurate to 0.1g. I then drink 4 quarter cups of the mixture daily, spread somewhat evenly over the day. I record the time of taking each drink on a chart stuck on the fridge. I have only missed 2 doses over the 55 day period.

Testing:
I have some, albeit declining, skills as a computer programmer and before starting this experiment I wrote some simple programs to record reaction time, ability at digit span, digit span reversed, and associative memory i.e. learning my friend’s phone numbers.
I also found a book called 'The Ultimate IQ Test Book' by Carter and Russell in the library. The tests are not standardized and are culturally and grammatically biased, but they are sufficient for my purpose of noting any improvement over the period.

I was testing at approximately 3 days intervals for the first two weeks thereafter about every 12 days. Frequent testing is time consuming and there may be a learning process which I wished to avoid. There has been a very modest improvement in the IQ test scores which I attribute to the learning process as the question follow very much the same pattern in each test, plus I review and learn from my failures. There has been no improvement at all in any of the computerized tests, which I find very disappointing.

Other medicines:
I take 4mg of Covercyl/perinopril for mild hypertension
Omega 3-6-9
3,000 IU vitamin D3

Side effects;
I am pretty sure there is a mild laxative effect, but not sufficient to cause me to examine the problem in detail. However it is sufficient to deter me from increasing the dose.
Blood pressure and pulse have not changed over the period.
My receding hair line has not started advancing, nor is new hair growing on my bald spots. Alas!
Energy levels and sleeping patterns have not changed.
My notes record a possible placebo effect at the beginning of the period but that definitely disappeared after a couple of weeks.

I still have 90 days supply on hand and will continue the experiment at 7g for a few more weeks before deciding on any changes.

I would certainly like to learn of anybody doing objective tests.
  • like x 1

#81 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Hi Len Jones.

It´s really a shame that you are not experimentig any benefits from MgT. Some people talk about inmediatly effects after taking it. What MgT are you taking?? The one from Orchid Chemical (China)?? The one from Sabre Sciences?? or the one from cerebral health??

#82 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Hi Len. Sorry for the question. I have just verified that in post number #38 you specify that you buy Magnesium from Orchid. It is supposed to be a "good" supllier (other members of this forum have try his product with noticeable effects).
"My receding hair line has not started advancing, nor is new hair growing on my bald spots. Alas!" No antiandrogen effect?? What a shame!! Not a nootropic not a cure for baldness!!!!

#83 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

I am currently supplementing 0.5g of cerebral health's MgT,
haven't noticed increased cognitive abilities, but perhaps induced general feel-good, like when taking omega-3 supplements.
Could be placebo. I, too, will try supplementing 3,5g to see if it stimulates cognition soon, will report back.

#84 incognitivito

• 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

haven't noticed increased cognitive abilities, but perhaps induced general feel-good, like when taking omega-3 supplements.
Could be placebo. I, too, will try supplementing 3,5g to see if it stimulates cognition soon, will report back.

Any updates Baten?

#85 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Any updates Baten?

MgT at 0.5g induced general feel-good, like when taking omega-3 / vitamin supplements
MgT at 3.5g should improve long term memory, I didn't notice much of short term benefits
I decided to quit taking MgT since it seemed to worsen my chronic tinnitus :(
never noticed any laxative effect

#86 workebox

• 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have not seen any activity in the last month or so on this thread. Any new updates on MgT. I bought some from Cerebral Health and I've been taking 1 teaspoon a day with food for the last 7 days. I have not felt anything yet. Maybe some mental stamina (don't get tired as fast) but that's all. No improvement on memory at all and I am still as dumb as I was before!!!!!!!!! Please share your thoughts.

#87 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Bumping this topic. Wanted to see if anyone has gotten good effects from Cerebral Health's MgT and/or any new MgT experiences.

#88 Sartac

• 80 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

SOS here, nothing interesting to report. Just some loose stool..
Got 100g from Cerebral and capped a good bit of it. Right after purchase, Swanson started selling caps. Powder was a bit cheaper, of course a PITA to cap.

#89 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:16 AM

So I got my cerebral health order. This stuff is interesting. Put me in a good mood and made me feel more coordinated. Seemed I was remembering a lot of stuff today that was very very random. Very serotoniny. I would advise you not take more than 100mg(1mg/kg) to start and definitely not more than 300mg (about 3mg/kg) in 24 hours. I made this mistake and experienced some slightly unpleasant side effects, mainly irritability, gastrointestinal upset, a mild headache and my mind wandering all over the place. I really can't believe you guys are taking 1 tsp (and more!) a day which, IMHO is waaaaay too much and are not experiencing anything! Maybe I have no blood/brain barrier left after all the supplements I've taken over the years. One difference might be that I am just putting this stuff straight in my mouth and it's getting absorbed sublingually.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 05 November 2011 - 05:21 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Hi everybody, just an update. Been taking mgT continuously for about a week and I have decided to cycle it, taking it only every other day, as I think its NMDA antagonist activity, though serene and relaxing, has made my memory a bit crappy lately. When I first started taking it the crappy memory would last a few hours and then I would be super sharp but now the crappy memory and over-relaxed attitude is becoming a full day long phenomenon. I am not too worried because this is more or less normal for NMDA antagonists like memantine and the memory enhancing effect of memantine are theorized to be due to the brain producing more NMDA receptors to compensate for the ones that are being temporarily antagonized and mine are being very antagonized right now. When I come out of this pleasant but not too work friendly haze, I'll give you guys an update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users