- - - - -

Need advice on my current stack for GMAT

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ZenBuddha

• 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

Hello,

I am preparing for GMAT to get my master degree. I have 3 months to go...

Here is what I think;

Piracetam 2,400 mg
Choline Bitrate 500 mg
Sulbutiamine 600 mg
ALCAR/ALA 500mg/200mg
Fish Oil 700mg
Centrum Silver Multivitamin
Modafinil 100 mg

Is this too much or should I be adding other stuff?

Thanks in advance...

#2 ZenBuddha

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 christianbber

• 81 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hello,

Here is what I think;

Piracetam 2,400 mg
Choline Bitrate 500 mg
Sulbutiamine 600 mg
ALCAR/ALA 500mg/200mg
Fish Oil 700mg
Modafinil 100 mg

Thanks in advance...

Ohhh yes I remember the GMAT......... and it sucked haha

I got into my school of choice so I guess Im happy with it.

I don't have any recommendations ; supplement wise but I will suggest you go onto

http://grockit.com/

Its an amazing GMAT prep program which you can compete against other gmat testers for a high score.

I suggest you use it.

#4 ZenBuddha

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

I can say ALCAR/ALA is really amazing in terms of energy boost

#5 maggilane

• 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

I really love your advice and you know that the slack always bring some energy to the body and before going to the gym i used to take it.

#6 waldemar

• 206 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Looks ok.

Adding milk thistle extract may be a good idea, because it reduces the (slight) load on the liver that is caused by modafinil.

The Centrum Silver Multivitamin also seems ok, although I think OrthoCore is better (personal opinion).

#7 ZenBuddha

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

I think I will drop Modafinil, makes skin rash and I feel like losing my creativity

#8 Construct

• 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

I think I will drop Modafinil, makes skin rash and I feel like losing my creativity

If it makes your skin rash, definitely drop it. Before you posted this, I was going to suggest you drop everything BUT the Modafinil and try that first.

You're taking a ridiculous number of substances here. Did you jump right into using all of them at once, or have you used each one independently for 2-4 weeks first to determine the effects?

Combining a lot of overlapping substances is an easy way to push yourself well past the 'sweet spot' and end up negating the potential benefits of some of these substances.

#9 ZenBuddha

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Actually, I've been taking Piracetam & Choline & Sulbutiamine for the last 1 month.

I have just added ALCAR/ALA and Modafinil.

I need Piracetam and Sulbutiamine for speech impairment, and aLCAR/ALA is really perfect for energy.

I have to drop Modafinil amongst these substances I guess...

#10 waldemar

• 206 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

I agree. If you get a rash from modafinil, drop it immediately. Otherwise it can get very dangerous.

#11 raccoonking

• 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any nootropics for these issues?

Thanks in advance,

Selegiline, Tumeric Extract* and tDCS** help me some. Although general health and limited inflammation lead to relaxation which helps as well.

*Spring Valley Brand; (I have noo idea why only one brand should work for me, but conveniently its the one from wallmart)
**tCDS(transcranial direct current stimulation). A device can be made with parts from radioshack; battery case, variable reister, multimeter, wires, and papertowels-salt water electrodes. Out of the following benificial configurations, I think 3 is supposed to help for verbal skills, but I find 1 or 2 does. 1. Anode on left PFC, Cathode over right orbital, 2. Anode on left Motor Cortex, Cathode over right orbital, 3. Annode behind head in center, Cathode over right orbital, 4. Annode over right ear, Cathode over left ear; Annode is the + terminal, Cathode is the - terminal

I'm a bit busy right now so I may not respond to requests for source literature for tCDS and why I chose these configurations from the avaliable exps, but if curious do look on pubmed.

#12 Moddy2012

• 83 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hello,

Here is what I think;

Piracetam 2,400 mg
Choline Bitrate 500 mg
Sulbutiamine 600 mg
ALCAR/ALA 500mg/200mg
Fish Oil 700mg
Modafinil 100 mg

Thanks in advance...

Honestly, I would forget about the piracetam and choline, that stuff gave me headaches and I woke up drowsy the next day.

Upping your modafinil might be an idea. I only use 100 mg of Alertec which works well for me. Unless you are using Provigil/Alertec, you will probably need to bump it up to 200 mg. I have a friend who uses Modalert and 200 mg of that is like 100 mg of Alertec. I would also increase the amount of fish oil, I only use pharmaceutical grade fish oil which is expensive, so I often substitute with organic flax, but I take at least 3 grams of it per day along with a multivitamin.

Edited by Moddy2012, 23 January 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#13 longevitynow

• 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:16 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any nootropics for these issues?

Thanks in advance,

Selegiline, Tumeric Extract* and tDCS** help me some. Although general health and limited inflammation lead to relaxation which helps as well.

*Spring Valley Brand; (I have noo idea why only one brand should work for me, but conveniently its the one from wallmart)
**tCDS(transcranial direct current stimulation). A device can be made with parts from radioshack; battery case, variable reister, multimeter, wires, and papertowels-salt water electrodes. Out of the following benificial configurations, I think 3 is supposed to help for verbal skills, but I find 1 or 2 does. 1. Anode on left PFC, Cathode over right orbital, 2. Anode on left Motor Cortex, Cathode over right orbital, 3. Annode behind head in center, Cathode over right orbital, 4. Annode over right ear, Cathode over left ear; Annode is the + terminal, Cathode is the - terminal

I'm a bit busy right now so I may not respond to requests for source literature for tCDS and why I chose these configurations from the avaliable exps, but if curious do look on pubmed.

Anyplace with a schematic or more complete instructions. You've given us the recipe but not the instructions for the tCDC. How do we make the cake...

#14 longevitynow

• 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

I recommend deprenyl for cognitive sharpening. It is like your brain has more RAM. I notice this dramatically when I use it occasionally, less so with regular use, but it still helps. I'd take 1-5 mgs in the morning.

#15 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:50 PM

I recommend deprenyl for cognitive sharpening. It is like your brain has more RAM. I notice this dramatically when I use it occasionally, less so with regular use, but it still helps. I'd take 1-5 mgs in the morning.

Where do u get It from if u dont mind me asking?

#16 justwalkingaround

• 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

tCDS,

I have been trying to find one of these. Yes, mindalive has an option with a kit, but they dont sell to the public moe joe.

I need a way to get one of these devices. If there is a way to safely make one, is there a video on how it is, a list of the parts from radioshack with associated id numbers, etc?

i have tried many cognitive enhancers to no avail, and this one seems rather intriguing, esp. if one has underlying minor depression.

#17 iago

• 110 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

Personally, I find that 600mg dose of sulbutiamine makes my head a bit cloudy. I find it better if I take 2~300mg once or twice a day when I need it. What is the EPA/DHA ratio on the fish oil. I just started taking Carlson oil - an unbelievable difference from the fish oil I was taking before (and it wasn't low quality either).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 Kunzey74

• 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

Hi guys! Has anyone here cleared the LSAT exam? I’m actually preparing for the exam and I wanted to hear some of the opinions about what’s it like. What’s the best study material? I have been recommended Practice LSAT Questions and study material from Power Score.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users