Photo
- - - - -

How to stack Ani / Piracetam?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 crashtstdummy

• 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

I want to combine Aniracetam (fat soluble) with Piracetam (water soluble - best on an empty stomach), so how can I reconcile taking these two together...if I want to mix and take at the same time without losing efficacy?

#2 kikai93

• 244 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

I want to combine Aniracetam (fat soluble) with Piracetam (water soluble - best on an empty stomach), so how can I reconcile taking these two together...if I want to mix and take at the same time without losing efficacy?

Make an emulsion, with lecithin? (Sounds gross)

I just take anything best on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a meal, and take the other stuff with my food or shortly thereafter.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ru4real1666

• 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

Best way is to buy capsules and a capping machine. ULTIMATE EFFICIENCY.

#4 kikai93

• 244 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

Best way is to buy capsules and a capping machine. ULTIMATE EFFICIENCY.

Well yes, quite so. Many of these supplements taste terrible. This doesn't affect the OP's question, however.

#5 Duster

• 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

I only cap my supplements when I have to take them on the go. Other than that, the sweet/sour taste of orange juice (or other citrus) actually goes pretty well with bitter things--note the immediate success of the gin n' tonic.

To answer OP's question, kikai's suggestion sounds best. In general water soluble compounds will get absorbed regardless if taken with food or not; food may decrease absorption very slightly, though if anything there will be more of an effect on how speed not efficiency (kikai, please give me a source if this is incorrect). If you can't be bothered taking supps separately, take a small amount of a high-fat food (handful of almonds or something) to help with ani absorption without hindering piracetam too much.

#6 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

Indeed, I would just take the piracetam 30 minutes or so before ingesting the aniracetam with some fat. There's no reason you have to swallow them both at the same time. Indeed, since aniracetam's half-life is a few hours shorter than that of piracetam, taking them separately is the only way to maintain constant effect later in the day (though just re-dosing at the same time for the sake of convenience seems to work out pretty ok, for me).

I usually just dissolve the aniracetam in a few ounces of milk if I don't feel like eating (requires lots of stirring).

#7 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

Indeed, I would just take the piracetam 30 minutes or so before ingesting the aniracetam with some fat. There's no reason you have to swallow them both at the same time. Indeed, since aniracetam's half-life is a few hours shorter than that of piracetam, taking them separately is the only way to maintain constant effect later in the day (though just re-dosing at the same time for the sake of convenience seems to work out pretty ok, for me).

I usually just dissolve the aniracetam in a few ounces of milk if I don't feel like eating (requires lots of stirring).

Interesting now you are using aniracetam, how much ?

#8 ugh1979

• 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

On another question regarding stacking Ani / Piracetam...

If I take half the 'recommended' dose of each, will it equate to a 'full' dose? I'm currently taking 1.12g of Piracetam and 0.5g Aniracetam, where as I understand that double both is the 'recommended' dose, For some reason I thought that taking a half dose of each would mean I got a 'full' racetam dose but I'd like clarification.

#9 kikai93

• 244 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

If I take half the 'recommended' dose of each, will it equate to a 'full' dose? I'm currently taking 1.12g of Piracetam and 0.5g Aniracetam, where as I understand that double both is the 'recommended' dose, For some reason I thought that taking a half dose of each would mean I got a 'full' racetam dose but I'd like clarification.

Clarification: No, this is not true. If they had identical mechanisms of action, this might be factual. If they have complementary mechanisms of action, it depends on a lot of factors.
In my recorded self-experiments, I've tried everything from your doses to extreme doses. Taking my personal experiences and all of the extant literature into account, I'd say the most effective long-term dosing will be 800mg piracetam 3xday and 750mg aniracetam 750mg 2xday.
If you want obvious benefits on cognition in two weeks, aniracetam 750mg 4xdaily (as in a DARPA funded study on its effects). Otherwise, you probably won't see any profound increases in performance at the doses I cited for at least six weeks, then again at somewhere around 12 and 24.

#10 Duster

• 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

Clarification: No, this is not true. If they had identical mechanisms of action, this might be factual. If they have complementary mechanisms of action, it depends on a lot of factors.
In my recorded self-experiments, I've tried everything from your doses to extreme doses. Taking my personal experiences and all of the extant literature into account, I'd say the most effective long-term dosing will be 800mg piracetam 3xday and 750mg aniracetam 750mg 2xday.
If you want obvious benefits on cognition in two weeks, aniracetam 750mg 4xdaily (as in a DARPA funded study on its effects). Otherwise, you probably won't see any profound increases in performance at the doses I cited for at least six weeks, then again at somewhere around 12 and 24.

kikai, I was under the impression that ani is "stronger" than piracetam, at least in the sense that less of it is necessary for optimum effects. In addition, I believed it had a shorter half life. Why do you recommend taking high doses at long intervals, instead of the other way around?

#11 kikai93

• 244 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

kikai, I was under the impression that ani is "stronger" than piracetam, at least in the sense that less of it is necessary for optimum effects. In addition, I believed it had a shorter half life. Why do you recommend taking high doses at long intervals, instead of the other way around?

Heh. This is why I just posted the topic about plasma half-life. The half life of aniracetam in plasma is short (around 1-1.5 hours), but the half-life of its active metabolites is much longer (around 6-8 hours). I originally settled on the dose I started with (750mg 4xdaily) because of the DARPA study. Then I saw other studies and the prescribing info from abroad and reduced to 3xdaily and evaluated, and then again to 2xdaily and evaluated. I've noted no decrease in effects, so I'm sticking with that.

Aniracetam does have more profound effects than Piracetam in my experience, and clinical studies also would back this assertion. I find the two combined have more profound effects than either in isolation. Sadly, no one seems to have researched the effects of combining racetams, so in that anyone interested much rely on experimentation. Aniracetam has anxiolytic properties to boot, making it even more attractive to a certain subset of cognitive enhancement seekers. It also doesn't seem to increase liver enzyme levels, which is also attractive.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 mickzin

• 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Heh. This is why I just posted the topic about plasma half-life. The half life of aniracetam in plasma is short (around 1-1.5 hours), but the half-life of its active metabolites is much longer (around 6-8 hours). I originally settled on the dose I started with (750mg 4xdaily) because of the DARPA study. Then I saw other studies and the prescribing info from abroad and reduced to 3xdaily and evaluated, and then again to 2xdaily and evaluated. I've noted no decrease in effects, so I'm sticking with that.

Aniracetam does have more profound effects than Piracetam in my experience, and clinical studies also would back this assertion. I find the two combined have more profound effects than either in isolation. Sadly, no one seems to have researched the effects of combining racetams, so in that anyone interested much rely on experimentation. Aniracetam has anxiolytic properties to boot, making it even more attractive to a certain subset of cognitive enhancement seekers. It also doesn't seem to increase liver enzyme levels, which is also attractive.

Interested on your "liver enzymes" comment. How does Piracetam effect liver enzymes?

I've read somewhere that kidneys can have trouble dealing with it in some individuals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users