Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Modalert is it Legit Modafinil?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Moddy2012

• 83 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

I have heard that there is an inexpensive generic version of Modafinil called Modalert. Its much cheaper than Provigil which is 10 dollars per pill. My doctor gave me a prescription for Modafinil but my insurance will not cover Provigil, and I cannot afford a 300 a month a supply. Anyone have any experiences with Modalert?

I have also heard of Alertec which is a British version of Provigil but is also fairly expensive. Does anyone have any experiences?

#2 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:50 AM

I have heard that there is an inexpensive generic version of Modafinil called Modalert. Its much cheaper than Provigil which is 10 dollars per pill. My doctor gave me a prescription for Modafinil but my insurance will not cover Provigil, and I cannot afford a 300 a month a supply. Anyone have any experiences with Modalert?

I have also heard of Alertec which is a British version of Provigil but is also fairly expensive. Does anyone have any experiences?

Yes Modalert is the same. Of course you always have to be concerned about counterfeits. You can order with a prescription from a pharm in canada, u.s. pharms don't carry generic modafinil. DOn't know about Altertec. I commented on the generic issue and gave the Canada pharm name in another moddafinil thread a month or two ago.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Moddy2012

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

omg! 10 dollars per pill ? thats insane ...
modalert is 100% Legit
there is plenty online pharmacies, i know few, of course if you buy in pharmacies from the town, there are tax for 1,2,3 and your pills getting 10 times more expensive, if you buy online its cheaper, and dont worry of quality its original from India, about 1,2$ for a pill
i know one pharmacy which is 100% checked http://www.rxshop.md...dalert/afid/351
im buying all my medecines from there
cheers mate

I am very skeptical about Indian drugs, I have read quite a few reviews and many have said that 100 mg Alertec(Canadian Brand) or Modiodal(French brand of Modafinil) is much higher quality than Modalert. A lot of fake counterfeit Modalert is sold online. I can get Alertec from my pharmacy which is as good as Provigil for 2 dollars a pill.

Cipla is more reputable than Sun Pharma(the maker of Modalert), they used to make Modapro and for some reason stopped manufacturing it.

Edited by Moddy2012, 08 January 2011 - 11:54 PM.

#4 ru4real1666

• 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:16 AM

They stopped manufacturing it because their contract only stated that they had the license to manufacture it for X number of years and now its over. About the Indian made modalert:

While I feel Indian made Modalert is perfectly fine for the average person, to me, it does feel as though there is something a little off from shipment to shipment. What I mean by that is that sometimes I will get a batch of 20 pills which will be PERFECT to get me to concentrate and once out of 5 times I will get a patch that ALMOST gets me there but I will need to supplement it with caffeine or aniracetam.

Still, for the price, it is more than worth it because I have not noted any negative effects and it has been around 3 months of using it for me.

Another alternative is Adrenafinil, which is just the prometabolite of modafinil. If you're only using it short term, adrenafinil is a MUCH better option because it is MUCH CHEAPER and is almost identical. The payoff for that is obviously the short term usage. Using it for more than a month or so can lead to dangerous levels of liver enzymes because your body is trying to detoxify. But less than that is perfectly fine.

#5 Moddy2012

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Well I have heard there are some differences between Provigil and Modalert, Modalert is supposed to be extended release while Provigil is not.

#6 longevitynow

• 266 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

My Indian selegiline (Intas brand) works fine, just like US pills. Each pill is foil packed, so harder to counterfeit. I image Modalert is the same. I tried Adafranil, much prefer Provigil.

#7 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

My Indian selegiline (Intas brand) works fine, just like US pills. Each pill is foil packed, so harder to counterfeit. I image Modalert is the same. I tried Adafranil, much prefer Provigil.

is there nowhere else than India you can buy deprenyl into uk from?

#8 Moddy2012

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

I found a pharmacy near me that carries Modalert and Alertec, the two main generic brands of Modafinil. I am going to try both. But most people say Alertec is superior overall to Modalert, its about 2 dollars a pill whereas Modalert is 1 dollar a pill. But I want quality. Modapro is the better quality Indian generic but its no longer produced.

Cephalon loses its patent on Provigil in 2012, so many generics will be out by then. They are aggressively marketing Nuvigil, which many have told me is not as good as Provigil. Just an attempt to make more money since Provigil is going to lose its patent next year.

Edited by Moddy2012, 18 January 2011 - 09:49 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#9 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Moved to the Products section, and removed a post written in all caps. Please don't do that.

Also, this has been covered many times here. Search the Retailers and Products section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users