• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Best racetam for verbal fluency? for memory?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caq9461

• 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

I was wondering what the best nootropics are for verbal fluency and memory. I believe my IQ to be somewhere in the 120's, however, I have trouble communicating effectively because my mind is so foggy and lethargic. I have trouble recalling things as simple as what I ate for breakfast and cannot go more than 4 or 5 words without having to break a sentence verbally.

#2 Wurzel Bagman

• 84 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

I've always found piracetam in higher doses to boost my verbal fluency through the roof. If your mind is foggy and lethargic, try some meditation to tune up your focus and concentration. That would probably also sharpen your memory as you'll pay more attention to things such as your breakfast. Meditation tracks such as Equisync http://www.eocinstitute.org/ work wonders for sharpening focus and attention. Better than any drug or supplement I've tried that's advertised to do this (except perhaps stimulants like caffeine but those are never good to rely on).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kikai93

• 244 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

I was wondering what the best nootropics are for verbal fluency and memory. I believe my IQ to be somewhere in the 120's, however, I have trouble communicating effectively because my mind is so foggy and lethargic. I have trouble recalling things as simple as what I ate for breakfast and cannot go more than 4 or 5 words without having to break a sentence verbally.

Pramiracetam 600mg before bed is probably "the best" racetam for memory. Oxiracetam 800mg bid is probably the "best" racetam for verbal fluency.
A cheaper and possibly more effective alternative (thanks to synergistic effects) would be Oxiracetam 800mg bid, Aniracetam 750mg bid, Piracetam 800mg tid.
If you think you would benefit from choline, I recommend CDP Choline (Citicoline).

IQ is a somewhat dodgy measure, and you might consider a full battery of tests of cognitive function. I recommend using this as a measure of efficacy of any supplementation rather than relying solely on subjective perception.

Edited by kikai93, 08 January 2011 - 06:49 PM.

• like x 1

#4 iseethelight

• 238 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

I too have struggled with verbal fluency and memory over the years. The racetams actually make it much worse ( i believe due to choline depletion). Choline supps seem to enhance my verbal memory and fluency but they give me some undesirable side effects (depression, cold hands and chills in the summer, lethargy, zero motivation) that outweigh the increase in fluency so I stopped taking them.

I try to get my choline from eating a high choline diet instead. Lots of eggs and meat.

Edited by iseethelight, 28 August 2015 - 04:42 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

1. Find a vendor that sells sample packs

2. Try all of the racetams and see which works best for you

3. ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users