Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam only works with Fish Oil

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

I tolerance has builded up and I don't want to increase my dosage of fish oil because it might be harmful (oxidation). We should take everything in moderation now.

Both fish oil and Piracetam are acting on the brain's membrane fluidity. But rather to take an excessive dose of each, we should take a variety of supplements that are acting on the membrane fluidity. That might give us more benefits and reduce our chance of oxidation and side-effect.

Another important point is that Piracetam is NOT working perfectly when one's steroids hormones are not at a regular level. See my post: http://www.longecity...post__p__455535 When I'll have the chance, I'll go take a blood and urine test for my level of hormones.

One thing that could be interesting, would be to create a huge poll about Piracetam non-responders and Piracetam good-responders.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 10 March 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#32 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

But rather to take an excessive dose of each, we should take a variety of supplements that are acting on the membrane fluidity.

Good theory that I've been considering myself. Might explain why alchohol doesn't combine well with piracetam; might make it more toxic as it more freely enters cells, or so I hypothesise. Had any luck on picking out that variety of supplements? I must say that for me fish oil has never ever done anything that I can point to. I even wonder if some physiologies actually prefer more omega 6 and taking extra omega 3 isn't doing all that good...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Ok, I'm starting to feel a response to fish oil now, starting at 4 grams. With my previous batch of piracetam, I experienced very little on my initial dosages, and my feeling was that it was more an augmenter of other substances than something useful by itself. It was only after repeated administration at varying dosages that I started to feel something blatant off of it, and by that time I was able to scale down to 800mg, then 500mg, then I was pretty sure I could feel something off of even 200mg. I wonder if even, due to the cell permeability/increased metabolism that piracetam causes, it can become an enhancer of its own absorption and effectivity. Yesterday I took 2500mg 5 times throughout the day, today i'm doing the same with 2000mg. It seems now when I take even a small amount of fish oil within an hour of taking piracetam, I feel a sense of brightening and being energised.

Will keep this thread updated if I have anything further to say.

#34 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Anyone know if there are certain nutrients that if taken at the same time as fish oil help its absorption?

#35 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Ok, I'm starting to feel a response to fish oil now, starting at 4 grams. With my previous batch of piracetam, I experienced very little on my initial dosages, and my feeling was that it was more an augmenter of other substances than something useful by itself. It was only after repeated administration at varying dosages that I started to feel something blatant off of it, and by that time I was able to scale down to 800mg, then 500mg, then I was pretty sure I could feel something off of even 200mg. I wonder if even, due to the cell permeability/increased metabolism that piracetam causes, it can become an enhancer of its own absorption and effectivity. Yesterday I took 2500mg 5 times throughout the day, today i'm doing the same with 2000mg. It seems now when I take even a small amount of fish oil within an hour of taking piracetam, I feel a sense of brightening and being energised.

Will keep this thread updated if I have anything further to say.

Don't take alcohol with Piracetam... It's the worst thing ever. It made me depressed, dull and stupid when I took with alcohol.

#36 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

You're too late, it's one of the first things I did last year when I first took it.

#37 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

I've taken in a lot more piracetam than on my last run. Had a ridiculously long sleep and woke up foggy-headed today (though I'm taking a lot of other substances). Yesterday I had 10 grams piracetam spread out, day before that 12 grams. I've got that "darkening" effect again; don't feel much tireder than usual but actually arising from my bed seems 'hard' in that it's something I just don't feel like doing, I can just sleep and sleep. Time to drop the dosage and up the ACh precursors.

One little experiment i'm doing is seeing if very low dose phenibut builds up tolerance (100-300mg). So far (day 5) it's still enhancing my sleep and gets me into bed easier... but I'm wondering if, like with alcohol, the piracetam introduces extra sensitivity to it.

Edited by caruga, 15 March 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#38 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ok, it seems fish oil with piracetam definitely does something that neither substance does alone. However I only need to dose 3g minimum of pira with 4g minimum of fish oil. The effects aren't that amazing; light feels brighter, and I feel like I have a very faint headache... and this may make me sound like a suggestable idiot, but I have a feeling on the brain that eludes any description except "oily".

The effects last about half an hour and it isn't worth a fortune in fish oil. I didn't get these effects though when I first tried combining the substances (piracetam takes a few days of dosing to really take off for me, I think), and I haven't tried a super high dose of fish oil with it since then, so not sure what the effects would be if I ramped up the dose to near what I tried initially.

#39 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

I highly recommend to take high dose of DHA ONLY. As I know, there are no study showing that EPA alone can improve cognition, memory or whatsoever.

EPA suppresses the immune system and increases lipid peroxidation. Since DHA produces most of the benefits of fish oil, whereas EPA produces most of the harm, it makes sense to take a high DHA formulation rather than fish oil.

DHA's most remarkable effect on oxidation is in the brain, where increasing tissue levels of DHA in the cerebral cortex causes significant increases in the anti-oxidant enzymes catalase, glutathione and glutathione peroxidase -- resulting in decreased cerebral levels of lipid peroxides. The induction of anti-oxidant enzymes by DHA in the brain is so dramatic that the researchers actually referred to DHA as an anti-oxidant.

Read more here: http://www.benbest.com/health/dha.html

ALCAR + Piracetam + DHA might be very synergic.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine supports cellular energy production by assisting in the transport of fat to the mitochondria where it is oxidized and converted into ATP (chemical energy for the cell). As a highly bioavailable form of L-Carnitine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine helps maintain healthy cellular energy metabolism.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 04 April 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#40 treetop

• 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Can you recommend any high potency DHA products. The only ones that I can find high in DHA (500mg per gram) also contain EPA.

#41 caveat

• 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

I highly recommend to take high dose of DHA ONLY. As I know, there are no study showing that EPA alone can improve cognition, memory or whatsoever.

This is interesting. Earlier this day i stumbled upon this topic, where the exact opposite is discussed.
This article :

...DHA for the proper development of the brain during pregnancy and through the first few years of life, but the rest of the time we need EPA for the brain to function efficiently. Some research has also indicated that the presence of DHA might actually interfere with the beneficial properties of EPA making it somewhat less effective than fish oil with a very high EPA content.

#42 ayu

• 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

I took fish oil for a few days and then started taking 800 mg piracetam again, no luck. Still made me tired. I kept going for a week, but there was still no difference -- I just felt tired and "foggy".

I'm going to stop the pira but I'll probably keep taking the fish oil.

#43 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:50 AM

I took fish oil for a few days and then started taking 800 mg piracetam again, no luck. Still made me tired. I kept going for a week, but there was still no difference -- I just felt tired and "foggy".

I'm going to stop the pira but I'll probably keep taking the fish oil.

You should try supplement with L-Glutamine around 5-10g,
if you get headace ,that is good ,add more choline .

If L-Glutamine not help but keep tireing worse,then go to Magnesium ,you might have overxcite glutamate activity ,
Magnesium reduce over exciting.

Good luck.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#44 Brundle99

• 37 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hi Everyone I wonder if you can help me?!

I have been taking Piracetam for just over three weeks, and I also have Choline Bitartrate, Fish oil capsules, Calcium tablets.

I take 2g Piracetam, 1g Choline, 2g fish oil, all twice a day, but haven't started taking any calcium yet.

My question is: Am I supposed to pre-load Choline before I take piracetam?, or take at the same time?.

And do I take the Fish oil, Calcium tablets, with Piracetam or before it/after it?.

I'm just not sure what order I should be taking them in to maximise benefits.

I'm not sure whether I should take Calcium tablets an hour or two before Piracetam to give them time to dissolve in stomach.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users