Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Lithium in Vimmortal / Hypothyroid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrisvega

• 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

I am considering changing my daily multi to Vimmortal but have a potential problem with the Lithium content ?
As I understand it Hypothyroid / Hashimotos individuals should be careful supplementing Lithium as it reduces uptake of thyroid hormone ? Does anyone know if the 1mg Lithium in Vimmortal would be sufficient dose to cause potential problems ?
Thanks.

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

its unlikely... 1mg is the proposed RDA for lithium & is around the amount you would get from a healthy diet. never hurts to be safe and run the appropriate tests to make sure.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

There will always be special conditions when considering a multi. Vimmortal is not for everyone. We just went for the best for the average person. It is unfortunate you have potential problems with lithium because it seems to be an under-appreciated nutrient for life extension. Recent study shows life extension from lithium (in worms and possibly in humans). Therefore, I am pleased that it was included in Vimmortal.

Join in the discussion when Vimmortal is updated/reformulated in the future and maybe we can create an alternate version without lithium - if there is enough demand.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

hmmmm, I should have just linked to this discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users