Photo
- - - - -

septic shock... get it back?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fritzer

• 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

Hey all. I am now 26 years old. At At 22 I went into septic shock due to a bad strep throat. Hospital for 2 months almost lost my limbs etc etc. BAD STUFF.

Anyway all my life I was gifted very smart. I never attended even one university class. Just read the book a couple days before exams and always did amazing, i did this my whole bchem/physics degree.

BUT NOW... after the septic shock i am not the same. i used to be able to see the pages in my head and write down from my mind what i saw. Now everything is extremely difficult. The things i read, i dont remember and I have to do it over and over and over before it sticks for a while. i am happy to be alive! but if i can i want to recover some of my brain power. Funny thing (i have OCD) but after the septic shock, my OCD is way less now too... maybe i should start shutting the lights off 20x again to get my brain back?? :)

I am now into my professional degree and would like some of your extensive knowledge into the brain. Is there anything that can help heal brain damages like what i would have incurred? And what can increase the cognition? Also, if i take piracetam etc for a year or so will i keep the results or have to stay on forever?

thanks so much!!!

Edited by fritzer, 06 February 2011 - 05:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users