* * * * - 3 votes

bacopa maximum safe daily dose?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

I used to take generous doses...turned me into superwoman!!! :-D

I have decided to stop popping it like peanuts until I know if this is safe in the long run.

#2 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I take about 600mg a day and used to take 1200mg a day with no sides. How much are you taking?
  • Unfriendly x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 against_all_odds

• 63 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Not all Bacopa is the same. It depends if its an extract or not and the Bacoside content.

#4 Destiny's Equation

• Topic Starter
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

I was taking:

Himalaya brand up to 60 pills a day (can't find supplement facts at the moment)
Life Enhancement brand up to 2,100 mg a day

If I do decide to start pigging out on it again it will probably be those 2 brands.

#5 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

I was taking:

Himalaya brand up to 60 pills a day (can't find supplement facts at the moment)
Life Enhancement brand up to 2,100 mg a day

Excuse me while my head explodes.
  • like x 5
  • Cheerful x 1

#6 Destiny's Equation

• Topic Starter
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:26 AM

Excuse me while my head explodes.

Not sensible- I concur!

#7 against_all_odds

• 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

How do you feel after taking a whole bottle in one day? i dont think i've seen anybody try that.. :unsure:

#8 Destiny's Equation

• Topic Starter
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

How do you feel after taking a whole bottle in one day? i dont think i've seen anybody try that.. :unsure:

Intensely aware almost to the point of being beyond human.

I was completely fearless. Instead of letting anyone intimidate me I had a knack for diffusing difficult situations with style, grace, and a sense of humor. Stress of any kind did not compute: I clearly realized that every possible hurdle had a solution, I simply had to be clever enough to find it.

I forgave everyone in my entire life who had ever harmed me. It was not their fault. It was the universe's fault. Hate or dislike of any kind did not compute, I could only love.

Everyone was drawn to me. Everywhere I went people would run up to me wanting to chitchat. One of them said "There is something about you...I can't quite put my finger on it..." People wanted to give me the "special treatment". When I walked through the forest animals would follow me around.

My sex drive went through the roof.

Wanting to save money for other supplements (I have read that taking lots of different things is more effective than taking massive doses of one thing), I chose to stop overdosing on bacopa. But after my recent brain damage disaster I got impulsive and started doing it again.

Great move, glad I did it. I suddenly remembered many of the things I had forgotten, including wonderful conversations with my friends. These friends had had my back. I had been loved.

The bad thing is, I was suddenly intelligent enough to be aware of just how badly I had deteriorated.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#9 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

So ultra-mega dosing Bacopa is similar to MDMA...?

Surely this has to be harmful.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#10 FadingGlow

• 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

So ultra-mega dosing Bacopa is similar to MDMA...?

Surely this has to be harmful.

Hm... Since when did MDMA make somebody clever/intelligent? :P

#11 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

I was referring to "I forgave everyone in my entire life who had ever harmed me. It was not their fault. It was the universe's fault. Hate or dislike of any kind did not compute, I could only love."
  • like x 1

#12 FadingGlow

• 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

I was referring to "I forgave everyone in my entire life who had ever harmed me. It was not their fault. It was the universe's fault. Hate or dislike of any kind did not compute, I could only love."

:wub: Guess I missed that. :wub:

#13 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

I just noticed something. Sometimes you take 60 pillls of Himalaya, and other times you only take 2 grams Life Enhancement brand, and you get the same effect? 2 grams is a lot less than 60 pills.

#14 mindsg

• 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

I just noticed something. Sometimes you take 60 pillls of Himalaya, and other times you only take 2 grams Life Enhancement brand, and you get the same effect? 2 grams is a lot less than 60 pills.

Possibly placebo.

#15 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

"

Intensely aware almost to the point of being beyond human.

I was completely fearless. Instead of letting anyone intimidate me I had a knack for diffusing difficult situations with style, grace, and a sense of humor. Stress of any kind did not compute: I clearly realized that every possible hurdle had a solution, I simply had to be clever enough to find it.

I forgave everyone in my entire life who had ever harmed me. It was not their fault. It was the universe's fault. Hate or dislike of any kind did not compute, I could only love.

Everyone was drawn to me. Everywhere I went people would run up to me wanting to chitchat. One of them said "There is something about you...I can't quite put my finger on it..." People wanted to give me the "special treatment". When I walked through the forest animals would follow me around.

My sex drive went through the roof.

Wanting to save money for other supplements (I have read that taking lots of different things is more effective than taking massive doses of one thing), I chose to stop overdosing on bacopa. But after my recent brain damage disaster I got impulsive and started doing it again.

Great move, glad I did it. I suddenly remembered many of the things I had forgotten, including wonderful conversations with my friends. These friends had had my back. I had been loved.

The bad thing is, I was suddenly intelligent enough to be aware of just how badly I had deteriorated.

WTF BBQ PEOPLE

Do you know how serious and implicative this is???

More people have not posted about these types of things or mentioned this effect with nootropics, with the exception of isochroma.

Basically, the person above nailed the feeling I had with my first nootropic trip pretty well. Thing is that was a one time thing. 4 days of bliss. After that it has just been pockets of enlightenment shining through the blaring daily chronic fatigue, memory loss, and brain fog and depression.

I knew bacopa could greatly repair and amplify the hippocampus. I know hippocampal damage is the primary indicator in CFS, bipolar, epilepsy, even ADD.

BUT GOOD GOD.

I burst into hysterical laughter at the "animals follow me in the forest" part.

And yet, from a spiritual ayurvedic standpoint. If someone has a highly functioning serotonin system, and are more "aware", they may give off a sort of "aura".

It could just be body language, but I do not think so. I think you can see the vibes of people. I look mentally ill. I recognize mental illness immediately in other people. I can read people extremely well. I have noticed in the past when I was in a heightened state, that people seemed much more receptive of me.

#16 DbCooper

• 137 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for opening up, that was very descriptive. I just realized I need to up my dosage a bit.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!

Please reduce your dose.

#17 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

At 500mg of bacopin 20% bacosides I'm fine. If I go to one gram at night, I'm wiped out the whole next day. It seems to make me completely immune to the effects of caffeine at that dosage.

#18 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Since I take 600mg of bacopa day, I've been getting free stuff at stores and discounts. I didn't ask nor made an effort. What the hell. There definitely is something to the 'charisma' thing about it.

My question is, has anyone been taking this long term? How do you feel? How is it working? Do you notice a permanent difference?

Edited by hooter, 29 January 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#19 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Bacopa and MDMA aren't even related , end of that .

Most likely bipolar disorder and cycling from my impression of the thread starters post.

Consider looking into lithum and keep using bacopa if it helps.

P.S Good luck, and if your using a couple grams you should buy it bulk and save money.

Edited by Ark, 29 January 2012 - 11:06 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#20 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Bacopa and MDMA aren't even related , end of that .

They both ultimately release oxytocin and gaba while upregulating serotonin. Their method of action is nowhere near the same and while not related in the slightest to mdma the feeling is very similar. But ah ya know!

It's safe long term but not in doses over 600mg daily, you'll fry your thyroid like an egg.

Edited by hooter, 30 January 2012 - 11:11 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#21 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

When we say 600mg, what type of extract are we talking about

#22 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

20% bacosides standardized

#23 TheKidInside

• 135 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

I take the Himalaya brand ones also on an empty stomach followed by a small snack and some CDP-Choline before studying and I am about 80% as aware as when I'd take 15 mg of instant release adderall but HOLY $*%*$*%**!!@#@ A WHOLE FREAKING BOTTLE?!?!

#24 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I took 6g of piracetam and 600mg of bacopa and felt like I was on MDMA. How can you possibly manage to eat a whole bottle?

#25 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Wow, I either need to try Piracetam or get another Bacopa brand :P

#26 guyverx

• 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

Very interesting thread.
Starting a Bacopa, Mucuna, and Gotu Kola regimen myself to see what happens.
Not expecting much because they are just supplements, but much like performance enhancers that extra boost added to diet and keeping the brain and body helpful will be welcome.

#27 guyverx

• 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Wow, I either need to try Piracetam or get another Bacopa brand :P

Piracetam and the other racetams seem to work for most.
I had nothing noticeable from them even with a choline source but taking CDP or AGPC alone I got subtle improvements.
Differing body chemistry I guess.

Lol. I may buy bacopa bulk powder and try a 3.6 gram active dose like the OP did.
Maybe when I am on vacation from work or something.

#28 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

A single 2500mg dose of bacopa is apparently safe according to studies. I wouldn't recommend it, but to each his own.

#29 scrrheat

• 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

Just took 15x 500mg 20% bacoside extract. Will do a full report tonight. Please do not replicate this stupidness.

T-30 min: No side effects, possible increased mood and awareness, not significant enough to distinguish from placebo.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 CatChelator

• 44 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Just took 15x 500mg 20% bacoside extract. Will do a full report tonight. Please do not replicate this stupidness.

T-30 min: No side effects, possible increased mood and awareness, not significant enough to distinguish from placebo.

End result?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users