Photo
- - - - -

Glutathione Powder?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StandingUp

• 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Does anyone know a reasonable source for pure reduced glutathione powder? The only ones I've found seem to be charging an exorbitant amount compared to capsule prices, which is odd as capsules are almost always more than their bulk counterpart.

30g worth of capsules is around $20 but 50g powder is over $100.

#2 tlm884

• 597 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

Does anyone know a reasonable source for pure reduced glutathione powder? The only ones I've found seem to be charging an exorbitant amount compared to capsule prices, which is odd as capsules are almost always more than their bulk counterpart.

30g worth of capsules is around $20 but 50g powder is over $100.

Honestly, I would use NAC and Vitamin C to raise glutathione levels instead. You can also take whey protein and SAMe. Research by Witschi has shown that taking oral glutathione does not increase plasma glutathione levels. The reason behind this is probably because of the proteases in the GI tract breaking down glutathione before it reaches the liver.

Several other supplements are also though to increase glutathione levels including alphalipoic acid, vitamin D, milk thistle, and melatonin.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Instead of taking reduced glutathione powder, you can take the inexpensive combo of glutamine, cysteine, and glycine to raise glutathione levels.

#4 StandingUp

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

I'm aware oral glutathione is mostly broken down in the GI tract. I was looking for the powder to add to my homemade lypo-vitamin C- I guess I should have mentioned that. SamE made me fall asleep; I've tried whey protein and it causes me major gastro problems.

I've also seen some sublingual glutathione products, but I'm not sure how effective they'd be. I was just kind of shocked that the powder is so expensive.

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:30 AM

I'm aware oral glutathione is mostly broken down in the GI tract. I was looking for the powder to add to my homemade lypo-vitamin C- I guess I should have mentioned that.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest! It would be great if you could let us know if it works.

Edited by rwac, 09 April 2011 - 02:31 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 StandingUp

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:49 AM

I'm aware oral glutathione is mostly broken down in the GI tract. I was looking for the powder to add to my homemade lypo-vitamin C- I guess I should have mentioned that.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest! It would be great if you could let us know if it works.

Ya, I'm thinking perhaps 50-100mg of glutathione per 1g of sodium ascorbate would be a decent mix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users