I read up on methylcobalamin B12 ("methyl B12") and how it's much more bio-available than cyanocobalamin (the cheap stuff in most multis) so I picked some up last week. Note than I'm a healthy guy in my 30s and simply wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I was very surprised to find how effective it is (taking 1000 mcg each morning sublingually) - see below:
- Rested: I feel like I've awoken from a very restful nap after having taken it.
- Sleep: I sleep more soundly and when I wake up I'm immediately fully alert, not groggy at all. I thought it was my imagination until some googling showed that it's one of the known effects.
- Vocabulary: Verbal recall is improved making for more fluid conversation, probably as a result of the improvement in alertness/concentration
- Energy: It does give me some additional energy but without the crash or "jitteryness" one gets from caffeine. I don't frequently yawn throughout the day now...
- Breathing: I don't cough as much as I used to, not that I coughed much to begin with. When I noticed the odd improvement I thought it was either my imagination or a result of the vitamin D3 supplements I started taking around the same time. Then, I happened across this article - http://www.wellnessr...of_vitamin_b12/
- Mental Endurance: Normally at the end of each day I feel mentally fatigued but I can honestly say I haven't felt mentally fatigued since I started taking methyl B12. I wish I had this back in college...
There are other benefits associated w/ methylcobalamin. Some additional links:
Anyone else have any experience w/ methyl B12? If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. Just make sure you grab a sublingual/lozenge version. A 3-month supply will only set you back about $10.