Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

PQQ experiences?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

According to LEF this is the latest anti-aging breakthrough. Have you tried it and did you feel an effect?

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

LEF have hyped it up alright.

Personally I have been on 40mg per day of PQQ for two months. Haven't noticed anything special.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

I've been on 20mg/day of PQQ for about 3 weeks now, and I think it's been helpful.
The first day I made the mistake of taking it at night and couldn't sleep till 4AM ...

#4 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

I have been taking it for two months. Am I supposed to notice something? I take lots of things whith no noticeable effects.

Edited by shadowhawk, 12 May 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#5 Willou

• 39 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:55 AM

Higher energy levels and better cognitive performance. I can think more clearly. I typically take it with Adderall.

#6 platypus

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

I have been taking it for two months. Am I supposed to notice something? I take lots of things whith no noticeable effects.

Yes, but this one is supposed to create new mitochondria in cells. I cannot imagine that happening without noticeable effects during exercise for example.
  • like x 1

#7 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yes, but this one is supposed to create new mitochondria in cells. I cannot imagine that happening without noticeable effects during exercise for example.

Perhaps you are right but I have not noticed anything. Good topic, I am interested

#8 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

I've been taking LEF's Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with PQQ for 3 months. I haven't noticed anything I can specifically attribute to the PQQ, and I didn't expect to. I have noticed an increase in exercise endurance, strength, and stamina, though it's impossible to tell whether this is due to PQQ, the other supplements I'm taking, or my exercise routine itself.

#9 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

PQQ gives me a HEADACHE, even after a single 10mg dose... :sad:

ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS? :wacko:
  • like x 1

#10 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

I have not tried it, but have read that it is used for treatment of migraines and headaches. Maybe an interaction with your stack?

#11 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have not tried it, but have read that it is used for treatment of migraines and headaches. Maybe an interaction with your stack?

One of my relatives experienced exactly the same thing (headache) after taking PQQ and they do not take ANY of the items in my nootropic stack.

I'm just wondering whether PQQ is another case of LEF pimping something that is 'ALL THEORY BUT NO SUBSTANCE' ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 29 January 2012 - 05:45 PM.

• like x 1

#12 irving

• 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

pqq did stimulate me, however the feeling was not very natural and I eventually gave it up after a week's trial.
  • like x 1

#13 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

I have better mood ,by feel less depress and able to post this reply ,single PQQ cap 10mg at before sleep ,with slight little headache .
I plan to take before bad for one bottle an report back here.

Anyone know PQQ work synergetic with ALCAR for mitochondrial bio-genesis if take together ?

#14 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

They probably will, but no studies will confirm this, so it's pure speculation right now.

But, is it really that important to you, that's probably a better question. I'm taking a quite few substances that have theoretically been shown to increase mitochondrial biogenesis in vivo including fairly high doses of PQQ, ALCAR+Rala, BCAAs, resveratrol, soy isoflavones and quercetin. Do I notice any effect from these substances? Nope, not really.

I think if you are a fairly regular exerciser, an exercise mito booster could give you a little extra “push” and possibly enhance your long-term training response. Otherwise, you're probably not going to notice much.

What would be interesting to see is a controlled clinical study on the effects (and affects) of mitochondrial biogenesis promoting substances (esp through pgc 1 alpha pathway) on the onset of aged related muscle sarcopenia in humans. Anyone aware of such a study?

Edited by hamishm00, 22 February 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#15 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

i been taking 10mg for 2 months now havent notice anything

#16 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

What's the max dosage useful to humans?

#17 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

It seems to be about 40mg according to spokepersons from LEF (from what I've read online). If you're a bigger person maybe it's closer to 60mg. Anything more than that might have diminishing returns.
  • like x 1

#18 brunposta

• 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'be been taking the LEF formula with PQQ since 3 months ago. 4 pills/day, this means 40 mg.
I didn't noticed any particular difference since i'm taking it.
My mood is more stable, but I can't credit PQQ for that.
AFAIK, PQQ should have a more noticeable effect in people deficient of mitochondria, I'm 36 and I take it as a prevention measure only, so I didn't expect much.
I hope I have been helpful.
  • like x 1

#19 poolboy

• 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

I have a strange effect from it -- can't drink coffee any more because it makes me too wired.
somehow it upped my sensitivity to the caffeine.

#20 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I also have wired experience when combine with Piracetam .

Ditch it .

#21 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

This is interesting.

I have been taking PQQ for a number of months. At first I noticed what seemed to be significant increases in stamina as measured by elliptical machines at the gym. But that also seemed to slack off after a few weeks.

A few months ago I started experiencing palpitations and PVCs, and found this to be related to caffeine, so I had to cut out everything including dark chocolate (my favorite!).

Do you think this could somehow be related to PQQ? Who else has experienced caffeine sensitivity after taking it, and does anyone have an idea of how that could be happening?

#22 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I drink lots of coffee, for many many years prior to starting PQQ and since I have been taking PQQ for about a year now and drinking coffee in that period, I have to say I have not noticed any difference. I drink more coffee now than I did a few years ago. PQQ hasn't increased sensitivity, in fact I am probably less sensitive.

#23 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I began taking 10 mg PQQ (with coq10, alcar, and alpha lipoic) at the age of 59, in the hopes of getting rid of the persistent residual effects of Crestor that I'd taken years before. The improvement was dramatic--within 2 days I had much more energy at the gym and I had much greater mental energy as well. This leveled off after a week, which is consistent with rates of mitochondrial turnover--a couple of days to a week. It's now been a year on 10 mg/day, and I do feel considerably younger than I did before I started, more like the way I felt in my forties. I'm also taking astragalus extract, and I believe that has helped as well.

As for interactions, I've had no noticeable problem with coffee or anything else, but I did find I was even more sensitive to statins than before. Even 100 micrograms of Livalo (1/10 the lowest dose) was enough to make me miserable after four days.
  • Informative x 1

#24 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Too bad most users didn't include their age... might be an explanation for the lack of effect.

#25 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

The study showing mitochondrial biogenesis due to PQQ was in vitro.

Exposure of mouse Hepa1–6 cells to 10–30 μm PQQ for 24–48 h resulted in increased citrate synthase and cytochrome c oxidase activity, Mitotracker staining, mitochondrial DNA content, and cellular oxygen respiration

Do we have any evidence at all that these concentrations can be achieve in vivo?

#26 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Here is a review that I found informative.

Potential Physiological Importance of Pyrroloquinoline Quinone
http://www.altmedrev...ns/14/3/268.pdf

#27 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm wanting to add PQQ to my regime and wonder what is the right dosage to try. I'm thinking LEF's 10 mg version since Turnbuckle is using a 10 mg with C60, and I'm using C60 as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Authentic, 24 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#28 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

The answer to that question is not easy. Like most supplements, you are best to start low and work upwards, so start with 10mg and then maybe try 20mg after a while. I noticed that Lef have released 20mg tablets. That seems to me to be a reasonable dose, especially if you have a bigger build.

#29 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

I've used PQQ off and on for about 2 years and unfortunately I have to conclude it did nothing for me energy or endurance-wise. LEF brand at 10 -20mg/day. A little bit costly too.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Anagram 3.3

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

If you mix PQQ and vitamin-C, you should expect to see some results. What might be happening is that PQQ is reduced by vitamin-C into a more bio-active form that captures free radicals more effectively than oxidized PQQ.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users