Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

PQQ experiences?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm certainly not taking PQQ for it's free radical "capturing" effect. I was secretly hoping it might promote activation of pgc1-a, sirt3 and mitochondrial biogenesis.

#32 CoconutDi

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

I took PQQ from LEF for 4 months and didn't notice anything. I was hoping for it to work because it was so expensive but it didn't seem to do much.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

I took PQQ from LEF for 4 months and didn't notice anything. I was hoping for it to work because it was so expensive but it didn't seem to do much.

You're probably too young and healthy to notice it. You could try c60-oo. If you are young, healthy, and sedentary, you probably wont notice it either, but if you are athletic, you will probably see a difference.

#34 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

I never noticed anything from PQQ until I used it sublingual by opening the capsules and dumping under my tongue. The mental energy becomes apparent and seems to build over time. Now I dump a capsule under my tongue and then squirt a ml of C60/EVOO with the PQQ powder and let it dissolve under my tongue for 10 minutes before swallowing. There is a definite mental energizing effect and seems to build with subsequent doses. For anybody interested in PQQ, it's the only way I notice an effect and then it seems quite strong.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#35 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Is PQQ fat soluble? I wonder if it's got a biologically more active form in oil like COQ10 ubiquinol? Just a random thought. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#36 CoconutDi

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

You're probably too young and healthy to notice it. You could try c60-oo. If you are young, healthy, and sedentary, you probably wont notice it either, but if you are athletic, you will probably see a difference.

I am young but am very athletic. I'm dealing with adrenal issues at the moment from stressing my body too much and throwing off my hormones. I'm trying to regain some energy naturally and was hoping this would help. I will take a look at c60-oo. I'v never heard of it until now.

#37 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I took PQQ off and on for about 18 months and unfortunately didn't notice any results. This is vasty different from my experience with C60. If your looking for recovery / energy while exercising then C60 is definitely worth a look. Do note however, that its application in humans long term has not really been studied so use your own judgement as to what your acceptable level of risk is ;)

Edited by PatrickM500, 23 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#38 Deep Thought

• 224 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

I can exert more force when doing leg presses. I improve faster when exercising compared to exercising without taking CoQ10 and PQQ. I have more "mental stamina". My "mental energy regenerates" faster.

My short term memory seems to have been improved. For example, when asked by a friend, what were we talking about? I can answer him immediately and effortlessly. And without sounding strained or hyperactive, like going "We were talking about P... and Q... and and ... S!!!!!".

Edited by Deep Thought, 24 October 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#39 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Dietary pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) alters indicators of inflammation and mitochondrial-related metabolism in human subjects.
" In Study 2, PQQ supplementation resulted in significant decreases in the levels of plasma C-reactive protein, IL-6 and urinary methylated amines such as trimethylamine N-oxide, and changes in urinary metabolites consistent with enhanced mitochondria-related functions. The data are among the first to link systemic effects of PQQ in animals to corresponding effects in humans."

The dosage was .3 mg / kg. so roughly 25-30 mg. Noteworthy being that this is a UCD study, and conducted on humans
http://www.ncbi.nlm....9/?i=3&from=pqq

Edited by Kevnzworld, 11 December 2013 - 05:46 AM.

• like x 2

#40 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

The dosage was .3 mg / kg. so roughly 25-30 mg. Noteworthy being that this is a UCD study, and conducted on humans
http://www.ncbi.nlm....9/?i=3&from=pqq

Interesting study!

The effect of PQQ supplementation on TMAO is very intriguing. PQQ could become the next big anti-atherosclerosis supplement.

From the abstract:

... dietary PQQ exposure (Study 1) resulted in apparent changes in antioxidant potential based on malonaldehyde-related TBAR assessments. In Study 2, PQQ supplementation resulted in significant decreases in the levels of plasma C-reactive protein, IL-6 and urinary methylated amines such as trimethylamine N-oxide, and changes in urinary metabolites consistent with enhanced mitochondria-related functions

From the article:

Fig. 5 shows data for methylated amine products, which are derived largely from gut microbial metabolism[47], [48], [49], [50] and [51]. Methylated amine compounds can be eventually metabolized to trimethylamineN-oxide (TMAO) primarily in the liver by flavin-containing monooxygenases (derived from the FMO3 gene)[50]. Changes in TMAO are of particular interest because of their use as urinary markers in atherosclerosis[47], [48], [49] and [50], diabetes [51] and perturbations in energy metabolism in animal models [52]. We previously observed that PQQ-deprived rats have lower levels of expression of FMO3 based on gene array data derived from hepatic tissue [9]. In this regard, the data in Fig. 5 suggest that short-term PQQ exposure in humans may also result in reduced TMAO production.

Here is Figure 5 from the article:

Posted Image

Fig. 5.
PQQ and urinary methylated amines. Important methylated amines are shown. A major end product of methylated amine metabolism is TMAO, which is produced in the liver by the action of monooxygenase (isozyme 3). Values are means±1 standard mean error. Corresponding values with differing superscripts are significant at P<.05.

Edited by blood, 11 December 2013 - 07:25 AM.

• like x 4
  • Informative x 1

#41 evilbaga

• 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

I started taking PQQ about 10 days ago. For me the effects were moderately good. Good enough that, if it doesn't 'wear off', or I don't build some kind of tolerance to it, Ill take it for the rest of my life - even at its currently insanely high price.

Im 33 years old. I estimate its increased my mental and physical energy by about 20%. This is quite good because most supplements I take, I feel nothing. 

I take 20mg once a day - will switch to 10mg twice a day, and may up it to 40mg if the price drops in the future. 

#42 Az.

• 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Noticed nothing. A lot of hype and placebo effects in my book. Ditched.

However, as for Ubiquinol, the recommended adjunct to PQQ, my sub. experience is quite the contrary.

Edited by Az., 24 August 2014 - 06:51 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#43 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

I took the 10 mg caps for a while, didn't notice anything, so I stopped.  But I gave it another shot a few months later with the 20 mg caps and definitely felt a cognitive boost with the higher dosage.

Howard

#44 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

I took the 10 mg caps for a while, didn't notice anything, so I stopped.  But I gave it another shot a few months later with the 20 mg caps and definitely felt a cognitive boost with the higher dosage.

Howard

I concur. It was important for me to take it on an empty stomach @ 20mg to feel the boost within 5 min after emptying the capsule under my tongue.

#45 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

My short term memory seems to have been improved. For example, when asked by a friend, what were we talking about? I can answer him immediately and effortlessly. And without sounding strained or hyperactive, like going "We were talking about P... and Q... and and ... S!!!!!".

I have the same experience with technical conversations at work! I wasn't really sure that it was the PQQ though, but after reading about your experience it seems even more likely.

I am taking PQQ for about a year 10mg daily.

#46 Chris Pollyanna

• 139 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:48 AM

Hi,

Anyone still taking PQQ? And if so, any effect on energy levels?

I'm contemplating getting some for my mother who is 77 and constantly complains about not having enough energy. She is already on a number of supplements and recently started taking NR at 250mg in the morning, which seems to give her a small short lived boost each day (of course could be placebo). Suggested she try adding an extra 125mg in the afternoon, but I don't know  the results of that yet.

Anyway, was thinking about PQQ's supposed ability to boost mitochodrial biogenesis & improved cognitive functioning (https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26782228), but before I wasted money on a bottle of PQQ for her, thought I'd see if anyone on this forum has had positive experiences as regards to energy levels.

Cheers,

Chris

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#47 PerfectSeek

• 70 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

PQQ seems pretty mild.  I noticed little to no effects, however when looking through my logs there was a correlation with better sleep quality.  I continue to take it and sleep well.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users