Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How to Make Your Own Extended Release Pills

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

A lot of stuff including vitamins becomes toxic if chronically exposed to them, so keep that in mind.

Exposed to what?

Are you joking or just trying to get your post count up? If humans are chronically exposed to those vitamins and such.

• Unfriendly x 1

#32 SecularScholar

• 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

Sorry, understood it the wrong way.

Still... I'm not interested in vitamins.

And i don't think, that cellulose gets toxic... in such small amounts at least.
I'm interested in lowering the dopamine spikes of several stimulants by extending the comeup.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

One idea I have for making your own extended release tablets is to find a chemical compound (which must be non-toxic and safe to comsume) that is sparingly soluble in water, and which also has a relatively low melting point (eg, around 50ºC to 300ºC). 

Then you could melt this chemical compound into a liquid on a gas stove, add the powdered supplement or drug that you want make into extended release to the liquid, and then let it solidify into a block (or you could pour the hot liquid into a series of tiny molds, so that it creates tiny tablets as it solidifies).

So now you will have your supplement or drug incorporated into a tablet which is made from a sparingly soluble chemical compound. 

When you swallow this tablet, because it is only sparingly soluble, it will take many hours to slowly dissolve in the body (in the gut or intestines), and as it slowly dissolves, it will release the supplement or drug it contains.

At the moment, I am trying to find a compound that has all the right properties: sparingly soluble, relatively low melting point, and non-toxic / safe to consume.

If anyone has any ideas for such a compound please post.

Edited by Hip, 02 August 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#34 RealBillPerry

• 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Hey so I was googling how to make your own time-released capsules and ran across this thread.  Just read it all, but I've been thinking recently about using coconut oil.  After reading the posts, I'm thinking it'd probably melt too quickly with internal body temp.

I read it melts at 76 degrees F.

My initial idea would be to put powders for my target meds into empty gelcaps, and then heat up the coconut oil and pour it into capsules tops and bottoms...so maximize how much stuff I got into them.

Once it solidifies, then just put the capsules together.

I'm definitely going to keep looking for a better substance to use though.  I thought it'd be cool to have CILTEP trickle in steadily over a few hours.

#35 mmortal03

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

They sell empty enteric-coated capsules. Search on Amazon. I'm curious to know how much of a time delay the various sizes might provide.

#36 cjt3po

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

I'm about to try this with aniracitam and casien protein to meet the 24 "on" period for ampakines boosting BDNF talked about in a paper found on the ANI examine page under the memory and learning page (which mentions that really any ampakine does this, oxirac and pirac)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 granmasutensil

• 56 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

Unmodified potato starch is largely an indigestible fiber that could be mixed in with everything maybe with a touch of xanthan gum in the mixture. Fiber is known to slow the absorption so you could just take a spoon of psylium additionally at the same time you take your capsules. Also a diy hack of making enteric coated capsules/tablets is painting them with shellac. Which of course  will also prolong digestion. Never saw anyone mention that yet. Just make sure the shellac doesn't have other stuff in it you don't want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users