• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

tDCS thread

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#391 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image
  • like x 2

#392 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Looking pretty rad ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#393 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hi to all,

Thank you all for this informative thread.

I am planning to build my own tDCS, for the purpose of becoming more focus, and to have more insights, ala Alan Snyder. Anyone has luck on stimulating anterior temporal lobe and notice effects?

Also how about stimulating the occipital lobe for clairvoyance/remote viewing?

#394 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

And also any luck with transcranial random noise stimulation (tRNS) ? or transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS)

Hmmmm? does using ipod/iphone (playing random noise mp3), using one of the earphones channel, and stripping the two wires of it, then to apply to your scalp, might work?

Edited by ShivaShakti, 13 November 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#395 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

ipod or MP3 player have to low volatge and current you must amply fi it its possible use battery operated PC amplyfiler and to the output reversly connect 240V/9V transformator witch incerase voltage .This setup is usabele only for some waveforms.Use mulimetter capable of mesuring AC current.

clairvoyance/remote viewing
Is not fun play with it you can get symptoms similar to schyzofrenia.Activate this "powers" are the easi part but learn how to control it take experience.
Stimulation of occipital lobe is probably not very good way stimulation of DLPFC will have better effect.

just now i working on one project with similar goals : how to switch or tune to this visual nonpyhsical signal and how amplyfi it and control it.
I do it mainly by mental methods electrostimulation is to unspecific.

#396 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hey thanks ATA

Yes, output of mp3 player's headphone/earphone is weak. I have a speaker amplifier, usb/li-ion battery operated. That might work. Also it would be likely to connect resistor in series with the (cut speaker's) wire output. For protection and not to accidentally short the wires.

MP3 ipod/iphone > amplifier > resistor > wet electrode > scalp

http://www.jneurosci...1/43/15416.full

Since it is random noise, high-frequency (hf-tRNS, 100–640 Hz), low-frequency tRNS (lf-tRNS, 0.1–100 Hz) , I was thinking making a mp3 in square/sawtooth wave. it's not likely they applied sinewave in 0.1-100hz . or is it and I'm missing something?

#397 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Is not fun play with it you can get symptoms similar to schyzofrenia.Activate this "powers" are the easi part but learn how to control it take experience.
Stimulation of occipital lobe is probably not very good way stimulation of DLPFC will have better effect.

just now i working on one project with similar goals : how to switch or tune to this visual nonpyhsical signal and how amplyfi it and control it.

Clairvoyance/Remote Viewing schizophrenia

Please let me tell something about myself just to connect to it. I started meditating in 1997 but it's on and off, for some years. I know how to meditate "correctly", I had had experienced some of not so normal perceptions, or let's say i became more aware. And these experiences if your not grounded and not balanced, most likely you'd be in psychosis. And I admit there were times, my meditations were overwhelming, my body was chilling and trembling. Symptoms I overdo it. When that happens, I lay-low, and do more physical activities to activate root chakra, to be grounded.

And almost a year now, I have been doing QiGong, to keep me grounded (and for health and chi power)

So if you have some tips where in the brain, to activate psychic powers, I can handle it :)

-----

In Persinger's work, occipital lobe was active when Ingo Swann was remote viewing. So I thought to stimulate the occipital lobe. I was also considering the front of frontal lobe since it is the focus concentration of the 3rd eye chakra.

Edited by ShivaShakti, 14 November 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#398 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

without transformater in the end of device you get only few volts it can have some effect but is very weak you need at least 10V to evercome electrode and head resistance.

Clairvoyance/Remote
OK i only want to assure you know what you doing

Currently i use model based partialy on science.
It assumes that normal preception have limited resources ®.This R limit how much data and how many data you can precive and how many programs you can run at once.
In normal state 100R almoust all resources is used to physicla preception and thinking and there are no space left for extrasenory preception (may originate in brain or extrenal).
There are few basic way how to nonphysical preception
1.Make more space - lowering priority and input of physical sences - relaxation,closin eyes...
2.Get more R - increase "energi" , increase actovation of DLPFC
3.Switch data sources sensory imput is smae but you switch data strem to nonphysical.
4.Tuning ,incerace data and its priority from nonphysical.

You can use information about musltisensory integration and how top-down and buttom-up modulation influence it.
The info is for many pages .
---
Stimulation of visual cortex not help much becouse the amplification is nonselective. If you close eyes the normal vision have still much higher priority han nonphysical and dount allow you to precive it .
Stimulation dount change that but in may help in case you can get to state when normal vision is turnet off in this case images be more stable .Top-down attention modulation have much higher amplification effect than try to amplyfi signal in visual cortex.One of keyes how to precive nonphysical vison data is not move eyes and have attention elswhere dount try see by eyes becouse if you do that you putting attention also on normal vision and if still have higher priority and win competition for resources.

from this stainpoint concentration to 3eye do the same you dont focus to vision but to the point of body and eyes dount move

another way is changing brian setup model with give things its preception priority it have many layers but if you want something its have more value for you and get higher priority for preception.
Importatnt is nor change normal setup but make new one to allow swithing between states.If you be grouded all time you dout precive it fully (groudning give high priority to normal preception) but is important can it turn on and off by will .

is hard for my write in english

#399 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

One of keyes how to precive nonphysical vison data is not move eyes and have attention elswhere dount try see by eyes becouse if you do that you putting attention also on normal vision and if still have higher priority and win competition for resources.

True. If you make a point of practicing breath meditation during hypnagogic stages - before sleep and as soon as you are sufficiently aware when waking up in the morning, you will be able to see for yourself how the progression from normal awake consciousness to 'dream consciousness' works - there is a switch somewhere in the mind that is activated at one stage and suppresses the clarity of mind images produced in the dream and near-dream state.

However, remember that to gently observe is key, and know that just because you start to get images flowing in your mind, it does not mean they are highly significant in the way your interpreting mind might think.

#400 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Posted ImageThis is reason why stimulation of visual cortex dount help. If you amplyfi normal preception it be stronger but priorities of its parts remain the same.
If you change model how you precive word and give some thing more priority it help,but it must reach the critical priority to reach normal preception.
We precept many informtion about outside word witch we usualy do not aware because its priority is too low.

One of this things is preception of polarized light .If you look at blank (white) page on Pc monitor (work also here on forum page) and you few times slowly turn you haed side to side touch the shoulder) you mai find that you can see somethong similar that image in start of this post.Its much less visoble and about 4 x smaller.

This create a attention codelet peace of code in brein witch sart serching in incoming sensory data and if find somethong similar it give it attention(increace its preceprion priority)
becouse you want to see it priority is high enought to rech normal preception.Also this signal is in normal vision data strem and not cause any integration collision.

If it work you in about 80% of people capable of see it.

Now you see something witch was allwaes there but never noticed it with extresensory preception is the very similar case. We see only that we want and learn to see.

Current model of preception and goals striongly influnece how we see the word aroud us .
http://www.videacesk...test-pozornosti

#401 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

There is not one switch is actualy many of them also observation is good only in certain phase .In other phase you can use dirrect attention to enter the image .

Morning awakenings are interesting i also studied them and watch how one state go to other .

I use my mind to record various preception priority of signals/senses nad after make graph by automatic drawing.
It tells me witch senses are active how much nad how influence each other. I also meseuring some parametrs of wakefulness.

Posted Image
time in seconds

some old notes about this kind of expedimnets http://brmlab.cz/pro...ain_hacking/gmi

#402 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

^Impressed ATA, you seem to have done a lot of work in this area. I find it a little difficult to follow everything you write about though.

One thing I have noticed is that when lying down on my back in the bed and relaxing with focus on the breath, after some time when the sensory input from the body has diminished, there is like an inner mind shift where it almost feels like a larger space is opening up inside the mind, or as if the mind is moving into some other zone. Do you recognize that, and if so, is it represented on that page?

#403 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

I know this state but still not have enought data .There are few wery similaler states.
Its a 3D backness like if you watching picture and its change to 3D space.Ilso is known as void sate.

The state happend when priority of physical sences are below 3 ,below priority needed for preceprion,Its like the sense turn off . Problem is witch one defintly is more options like vison and proprioreception.
This means if you have stil some awernes you have now free resoureces .

Usual problem is you turn off physical senses but nonplyhical senses are also turned off or theres data streams are empty.In extrame case scenario you are only point of awerenes in darknes without body,thoughts, time. If you wait some preception it appears it may by phisial or nonphysical . But you can use intention to tune to some information source or vizaulization to enter the dream or OOBE sate. There are mayn options in this states. It also best for remote vieving becouse low intreference with normal senses and buffer.

If you are in this void state and see some hypnagogic image you can usualy direct attention to it and image is amplyfied .It work becasue normal vison is turnet off it have now lower priority than nonphysical.
Sometimes if state is not deep enought the attention cause movement of the eye and ormal vison activates for a while usuali its come back to void stae in few seconds.

#404 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

English is not my native language too.

----

I can relate to this void state. this awareness state, I always aim to reach when I am meditating. In this expansive void state, you seem like just a witness, an observer, of this expansiveness

But there's more to this void state. When you feel your presence (your-self) is massive/full at the same time, that you are in this void state. But also you seem not to notice your physical body. In this state of perception, you can slightly slip a desire and it will (almost always) "instantly" manifest in physical reality. Though this state is hard to reach, and you must always meditate seriously, (2x daily or more) to maintain this ability. Not just closing the eyes just to feel good and relax.

Edited by ShivaShakti, 14 November 2013 - 04:48 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#405 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

For manifestation of somthing is best because there are not distraction internal or extrenal and no senses by my model you can get whole 100R to intent becouse no resousreces are used to precive sensory data . 100 is not a limit my recorded best is 171 R probably is posible get few times higher.The void ste have many layers soemtimes is only like 3D vision sometimes state tihnout body or even thoughts and time.

There are also few tricks how to get to this state.When you are in this state mage a anchor save him .Later you can load this sate by intention it takes many tries but you get better.Thoreticl with enought experince you can get there only by have intention .

Many of tricks are based on stimulation the conditin when body asleeap. Like ignoring sleeap signas, dount move eyes, breathing like in sleeap.

#406 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

:)

How about violet ray/tesla coil device for brain stimulation. yes, i know crazy idea ;)

Edited by ShivaShakti, 15 November 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#407 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

wount work because skin effect

#408 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

please care to explain the skin effect? Because it will be absorbed in the skin only? Hmmmm... well rejuvenation is the possible effect at least?

i was thinking wireless electrodes on the scalp, and tesla coil transmitting the electricity.

Edited by ShivaShakti, 16 November 2013 - 03:04 AM.

#409 ATA

• 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Skin effect
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Skin_effect

but i dig deaper and found i was wrong
The 'skin effect'

The dangers of contact with high-frequency electrical current are sometimes perceived as being less than at lower frequencies, because the subject usually does not feel pain or a 'shock'. This is often erroneously attributed to skin effect, a phenomenon that tends to inhibit alternating current from flowing inside conducting media. It was thought that in the body, Tesla currents travelled close to the skin surface, making them safer than lower-frequency electric currents.
Although skin effect limits Tesla currents to the outer fraction of an inch in metal conductors, the 'skin depth' of human flesh at typical Tesla coil frequencies is still of the order of 60 inches (150 cm) or more.[47][48][49][50][51] This means high-frequency currents will still preferentially flow through deeper, better conducting, portions of an experimenter's body such as the circulatory and nervous systems. The reason for the lack of pain is that a human being's nervous system does not sense the flow of potentially dangerous electrical currents above 15–20 kHz; essentially, for nerves to be activated, a significant number of ions must cross their membranes before the current (and hence voltage) reverses. Since the body no longer provides a warning 'shock', novices may touch the output streamers of small Tesla coils without feeling painful shocks. However, anecdotal evidence among Tesla coil experimenters indicates temporary tissue damage may still occur and be observed as muscle pain, joint pain, or tingling for hours or even days afterwards. This is believed to be caused by the damaging effects of internal current flow, and is especially common with continuous wave, solid state or vacuum tube Tesla coils operating at relatively low frequencies (10's to 100's of kHz). It is possible to generate very high frequency currents (tens to hundreds of megahertz) that do have a smaller penetration depth in flesh. These are often used for medical and therapeutic purposes such as electrocauterization and diathermy. The designs of early diathermy machines were based on Tesla coils or Oudin coils.

Tesla coil wireless powering of electrodes is bad idea but usege of high frequenci current may be useful tool

#410 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

ipod or MP3 player have to low volatge and current you must amply fi it its possible use battery operated PC amplyfiler and to the output reversly connect 240V/9V transformator witch incerase voltage .This setup is usabele only for some waveforms.Use mulimetter capable of mesuring AC current.

How about connecting the output of http://wiki.hacdc.or.../TDCS#Version_4 to the supply of a http://www.ti.com/product/lt1013 op amp? This should allow both current limiting and amplification of a random noise or ac input to the op amp. http://en.wikipedia....ent_stimulation

Edited by tritium, 17 November 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#411 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

----Edit double post---

Edited by ShivaShakti, 17 November 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#412 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Skin effect
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Skin_effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILOuL4RK-6I

but i dig deaper and found i was wrong
The 'skin effect'

The dangers of contact with high-frequency electrical current are sometimes perceived as being less than at lower frequencies, because the subject usually does not feel pain or a 'shock'. This is often erroneously attributed to skin effect, a phenomenon that tends to inhibit alternating current from flowing inside conducting media. It was thought that in the body, Tesla currents travelled close to the skin surface, making them safer than lower-frequency electric currents.
Although skin effect limits Tesla currents to the outer fraction of an inch in metal conductors, the 'skin depth' of human flesh at typical Tesla coil frequencies is still of the order of 60 inches (150 cm) or more.[47][48][49][50][51] This means high-frequency currents will still preferentially flow through deeper, better conducting, portions of an experimenter's body such as the circulatory and nervous systems. The reason for the lack of pain is that a human being's nervous system does not sense the flow of potentially dangerous electrical currents above 15–20 kHz; essentially, for nerves to be activated, a significant number of ions must cross their membranes before the current (and hence voltage) reverses. Since the body no longer provides a warning 'shock', novices may touch the output streamers of small Tesla coils without feeling painful shocks. However, anecdotal evidence among Tesla coil experimenters indicates temporary tissue damage may still occur and be observed as muscle pain, joint pain, or tingling for hours or even days afterwards. This is believed to be caused by the damaging effects of internal current flow, and is especially common with continuous wave, solid state or vacuum tube Tesla coils operating at relatively low frequencies (10's to 100's of kHz). It is possible to generate very high frequency currents (tens to hundreds of megahertz) that do have a smaller penetration depth in flesh. These are often used for medical and therapeutic purposes such as electrocauterization and diathermy. The designs of early diathermy machines were based on Tesla coils or Oudin coils.

There is a flaw with this explanation. very flawed in fact.

Thanks for posting this youtube vid. though I already saw it, but still amazing.

I got to tell you I have a tesla coil here, which I did use for a friend to treat her back pain and knee pain. And in just one session only, both of the pains gone. She also reported that it feels relaxing, sedative. I also directly put it on my scalp but I literally felt my brain was somewhat pulsating, like there's a force field around my head, yes it's relaxing.

How about people literally diminishing their wrinkles using Tesla coil? Thus Tesla coil is not just skin effect and not dangerous if build correctly and use correctly.

But yes Tesla coil may not work like tDCS, tRNS for brain stimulation.

I am seeing Tesla coils has lots of potential re health, anti aging, and many more that I would like to explore and experiment with it.

------

my usb/li-oin battery operated speaker, is op-amp class d, for my soon to build device (tRNS) (tACS) , but I would like to build tDCS too.

Edited by ShivaShakti, 17 November 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#413 fatetrader

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

fatetrader: for stress reduction, most meditation techniques work ok, but for me the body scan meditation technique was easier than many others, and doing it often will eventually create a habit of easily checking in with what parts of your body are tense. Jon Kabat Zinn has a guided body scan meditation that has proven very effective for me.

Another thing that works well is metta meditation. I think Harvard University has a very precise description of how to go about a session.

I am doing meditation, mostly Soham and and now and then I do chakra meditation. It does relax me quite a bit, I mostly want tdcs use for enhancing my brain capabilities, I started with depression setup but I will do more.

I haven't done tdcs for over a week until yesterday right before bed and I had really colorful, pleasant, relaxing and very enjoyable dreams. They were quite vivid and I do remember both of them I have to say normally I don't remember nearly any of my dreams. So quite happy with the outcome. I have no idea how much of it was just my own believing in it (placebo effect) I just wanted it to happen.

Below I attach the design of my device if anyone would like to make one for himself I have done it according to one guy from youtube, but changed a bit, removed diode and added the ammeter. It is not anything special as I have no idea about electronics but it is working. Schematic is very simple (kind of like a child would draw it but that is the point, it supposed to help people who are not good in electronics)
Posted Image
  • like x 2

#414 rc897

• 57 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

This is like what I got;

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

They use them for loop testing to see if the wires are good.

Normally they go from 4mA up, but this one goes 0mA and up, digitally controlled.

#415 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Any experiences in using the cathode in the right orbitofrontal? I know from theory its functions, but what are the positives in tuning it down?

#416 Balouk

• 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hi all.

I was hoping that some of your people can help me with a question.
I have read some articles' about how tdcs can improve mats skills. But I can't find the place, where the pads should be.

The information that I have fund is about the Parietal lobe. If you then look at the attach file, there is a detailed picture of the head.

http://www.trans-cra...an_v1_0_pdf.pdf
Is it P3 and P4 that I should stimulated , and where shall I place the Anode or Cathode.

Regards

Edited by Balouk, 02 January 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#417 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

This is like what I got;

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

They use them for loop testing to see if the wires are good.

Normally they go from 4mA up, but this one goes 0mA and up, digitally controlled.

Are you using this for tDCS? Are the inputs of a standard size? I.e.: Could you buy sponge pads online and plug them into this device?

#418 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Any experiences in using the cathode in the right orbitofrontal? I know from theory its functions, but what are the positives in tuning it down?

Turning down your right orbitofrontal cortex might have results like decreasing pessimism and the downward adjustment of expectations in response to evidence, increasing approach-oriented social motivations, possibly decrease your sense of humor. It'd probably be largely good for mood and motivation, especially against shyness, but it won't make your more rational.

This is all theoretically, based on the functions that have been localised there; not from evidence with tDCS treatment.

Edited by Raza, 08 February 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#419 Breezey

• 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

http://finance.yahoo...-131836274.html

sponsored ad

• Advert

#420 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

Has anyone had any significant improvement with cognitive impairment by using TDCS?

What TDCS devices would anyone recommend for under £$100?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users