Photo

Writing a book/big article.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

Here's an interesting article I found at work today. I think it's sad that she thinks it will be great to get really old and die: Why growinbg old is great.

It leads me onto another thought that I had - this person has written a book about how wonderful aging is. Perhaps we have a writer in this community who can do the opposite? It may be a dumb idea but if we have someone with this viewpoint out there who is drawing attention to it, I felt that maybe we should have someone on our side of the camp doing the same. Personally I cannot write for toffee but I'm sure someone here can.
  • like x 1

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Here's an interesting article I found at work today. I think it's sad that she thinks it will be great to get really old and die: Why growinbg old is great.

It leads me onto another thought that I had - this person has written a book about how wonderful aging is. Perhaps we have a writer in this community who can do the opposite? It may be a dumb idea but if we have someone with this viewpoint out there who is drawing attention to it, I felt that maybe we should have someone on our side of the camp doing the same. Personally I cannot write for toffee but I'm sure someone here can.

This is what happens when progress isnt disseminated fast enough. I would bet she wrote this book because indefinite life extension discussion hasnt been permeating her thoughts. Ray Kurzweil pointed out in Transcendent Man the theater the other day, (and Ive heard this before) that you let the outdated jobs fall apart, and society goes out and reassembles in the jobs at the top of the wrung when it comes to the most up to date tech. For example we could argue that maybe we should have let the auto industries collapse so that we could dissolve more petrol burning types and let the people and market relocate to electric and cleaner fuel source types. If they would have known more about that then maybe they would have acted more in that way, just like maybe if that lady knew more about indefinite life extension then her thoughts would probably be more in that way rather than the outdated way she writes about in her book.

If you can, please do comment on that article. I will too if I remember. Than as for a book, we have one, and I think thats a good idea, you can try to counteract her by linking it. Its called the Scientific Conquest of Death and you can find it all over in Google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users