Photo

What's Bothering You Right Now?

self-expression

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#61 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

I'm bothered by the way people outside of this forum treat the idea of extending youthfulness. I'm also part of a different skincare forum focused om anti-aging skincare and the majority fo peole thee are of the kind that treat aging as something inevitable. They provide good advice on how to care for skin to make it look better and slow its aging, but whenever you ask too many questons or want to know more/ suggest more radical treatments, you get called obsessive - recently someone in that forum created a thread where they "worry" about those members of it (no names named but i know im in the foefront of those deemed obsessed) and their attitude is exatly the opposite of what ray or aubrey or y of us keen on life extension represent. I know some of us focus more on brain health, others on bodily functions, others on skin - we may have discussions an disagree but outr gol remains - to preserve our life and ental agility for as long as posible and hopefully look good as well. In there - its just accept that youre aging an if not, go to a therapit. Sorry, honey my brain will ever allow me to asscept that, I will fight it with my last dying breath, not that they could understand. And its the younger people like me - age 26=29 that are under attack there because we apparent;y have nothing to worry about. I think peoplle from that forum would go grey hair if they saw our forum and the ideas we discuss here. People;s cl;uelessness and backwardness can really be annoying.

#62 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm bothered by the way people outside of this forum treat the idea of extending youthfulness. I'm also part of a different skincare forum focused om anti-aging skincare and the majority fo peole thee are of the kind that treat aging as something inevitable. They provide good advice on how to care for skin to make it look better and slow its aging, but whenever you ask too many questons or want to know more/ suggest more radical treatments, you get called obsessive - recently someone in that forum created a thread where they "worry" about those members of it (no names named but i know im in the foefront of those deemed obsessed) and their attitude is exatly the opposite of what ray or aubrey or y of us keen on life extension represent. I know some of us focus more on brain health, others on bodily functions, others on skin - we may have discussions an disagree but outr gol remains - to preserve our life and ental agility for as long as posible and hopefully look good as well. In there - its just accept that youre aging an if not, go to a therapit. Sorry, honey my brain will ever allow me to asscept that, I will fight it with my last dying breath, not that they could understand. And its the younger people like me - age 26=29 that are under attack there because we apparent;y have nothing to worry about. I think peoplle from that forum would go grey hair if they saw our forum and the ideas we discuss here. People;s cl;uelessness and backwardness can really be annoying.

They are lazy thinkers, whether by conditioning or by choice. They can be gotten through to though. Just keep spreading the information and dont worry, it sinks in in the long run. If you dont bring it up, then many of them can never think about it, so you are already doing them a service.

There are no fanatics in house fires, and we are all on fire, our biology is burning us alive from the inside out. Like Barry Goldwater said, "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#63 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

I went to this dry goods store that has been there forever and I bought a bunch of stuff. There are bunch of elderly women working there and they are bitches. I mean they are surly and unfriendly and you have to Shanghai them into helping you. That's so counter-intuitive. You would expect that they would be friendly and folksy and old-fashioned. I think they are partners or part-owners or something. It's been like that for at least twenty-years. There's no reason for that. The customers are nice, the neighborhood is nice. There's nothing about sewing supplies that should engender that. It just leaves a weird impression that does't compute. They are like that all day, every day for decades. It would almost be easier to be nice. It must hurt to hold yourself clenched like that. I once got in a perfectly nice conversation with an Indian woman in a Sari in the Woolworth's dry goods department about sewing supplies. It should be like that. I don't understand that. A sewing supply store should be old-fashioned, friendly and folksy. It would almost be easier to be that way. You bitches. What did I ever do to you?

And then when I went to the candy store that girl behind the counter seemed to be looking at me like she was bemused or something. So I looked at her like, "Oh?" Her mother, or a middle-aged woman working behind said thank you to me unnecessarily loudly like it was a dismissal. What is that about ladies? Get yourselves under control. It's not that hard.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Went to another shrink today to talk to him about my depression/anxiet/ocd that has been going on for years and the med I;m taking is barely helping any of these symptoms. He was the picture of a shrink you dont wanna go to - prescribed me the same med, denied the side effectsI had were from that med and only encouraged me to take a benzo i was perscribed at night during the day (even though its an addictive benzo and anyway I saw no effects from it anyway) He kept interrupting me, listened only vaguely to my complaints and then wished me luck and invited to come again if i needed more meds O.o What the F**K I'm at my wits end here, wasting the best years of my life since I was 22 for struggles with mental issues and yet another time I seek some advice is an utter FAIL!!!!!!!! Go on, pump me with meds that do nothing and feel like a very talented special doctor. FUUUUUUUUCK! The anxiety and stress I;m under ages me month by month in my looks not to mention drains my mental faculties and all I can count on from them is cold indifference. Plus my mother;s been on a drinking bender this week, my face looks like sh8t from all the crying and nobody I talk to in my immediate circle unerstands a slip because they arent going through what I;m going through. Merry bloody Xmas too me. Perfect time to just end myself this stage of hopelessness. How could it ever get better???

#65 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

Another lovely thing to happen this Christmas - I asked a question on a skin forum about a shop to buy a product because had problems with the site and one member who apparently has an unexplained grudge against me wrote only "I'm sick of you" and then proceeded to attack me for attention seeking because I dared to ask questions on different threads about skin topicals that did not work right for me. When I attempted to defend myself , he proceeded to say "I disgust him" and then "I" got the warning from mods for fighting although the only thing I wrote to him was ask to explain why he felt so negatively about me. Wonder if he got a warning as well? What is wrong with people? Is there no sympathy for advice seeking people just anger and hurtful remarks?

#66 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

It looks like my hairdresser hardly cut anything off my hair. It's about the same as before. What's going on? It makes me mad. I asked her to take about a half inch off my bangs but they are almost the same as before. This is aggravating. She also came up to me and said she wanted to cut my hair dry which I told her before I wasn't interested in. She has cut my hair wet for three months, just fine. Then she raised her rates but forgot to tell me. Then the owner was rather frosty when I asked him if he would consider removing the scent wands so the salon could be accessible to people who have respiratory disorders or are allergic to fragrances. That sucks. Why did she fake doing a haircut? What is that about?

Then I had an experience I did not like that brought me down. It sucks too. It made me feel bad. And it wasn't of my making.

#67 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

The music in the Apple Store

#68 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

The music in the Apple Store

LOL!

#69 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Death doesn't really bother me that much if at all anymore because I have harnessed most of that anxiety and hatred and use it as a fuel to drive me.

Other things bother me sometimes though, how like when you click on a text box anywhere on the internet and begin typing, the little yellow hover over always appears there where you left your cursor so that it blocks the letters you are trying to write. That really pisses me off.

Or as Pete G. says, that really grinds my gears.

#70 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

Death doesn't really bother me that much if at all anymore because I have harnessed most of that anxiety and hatred and use it as a fuel to drive me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-0F3IAVfo

How do you do that? Like literally, Im filled with ahte and sence of injustice and keep looking back to the past. It fueslt my efforts here in longecity but I want to feel more motivated and eliminate that hopelessness that haunts me.How does one do that??

#71 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

How does one do that??

With some religion usually.

#72 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

How does one do that??

With some religion usually.

Oh not thank you I have religion based OCD instilled by my grandmother's conditioning in childhood telling me God would hate me if i did not pry perfectly and go to church. She's a Christian fanatic. Pls stay awyay fromme with suggestions that in all kindness. Wasnt this supposed to be an advice free thread even if we rant and ask for answers into oblivion? :)

Edited by ViolettVol, 18 January 2012 - 07:56 AM.

• like x 2

#73 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Whats bothering me right now is talentless chits like lana del ray being the new "it girl" in music when she sings every note false live and gets tons of backup in the studio to make herself sound decent. From the three live performances of her i heard now, I cringe at each on of them. I dont sing that false even when im drunk. Guess coming from a rich finance industry family or something is all one needs to make it in the music industry. who needs voice when you got connections.
  • like x 1

#74 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Whats bothering me right now is talentless chits like lana del ray being the new "it girl" in music when she sings every note false live and gets tons of backup in the studio to make herself sound decent. From the three live performances of her i heard now, I cringe at each on of them. I dont sing that false even when im drunk. Guess coming from a rich finance industry family or something is all one needs to make it in the music industry. who needs voice when you got connections.

Most of today's popular music sounds bad to me. Like the neighbour's cats fighting out back. You are correct though in that connections will get someone far, as the old saying goes "it's not what you know but who you know".

#75 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'm sick and tired of my so called "friends" abandoning me and not writing or calling for days on end even if they know I'm in a very low depressive mood or going crazy with anxiety. I want to become less dependent on their presence but why does it feel like im the only one left alone? I dont want to need them. I want to be able to focus on achieving my goals not wallowing in this lonely despair.

#76 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

You could try connecting to a social network such as Facebook/Google+/Forum. You could also try joining a local community around you, and participate in some communal activity or sport.

For depression, these forums are a great source to consult because depression often has a biochemical basis, which can be modified through various supplements, drugs, and activities (All of these are things people at imminst can give you plenty of advice about).

Also, it may be worth having a deeper look at your health. I've been trying to do that here: http://www.longecity...__fromsearch__1

Hang in there :)

Edited by Elus, 28 January 2012 - 08:04 PM.

• dislike x 2

#77 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Edit: Double post.

Edited by Elus, 28 January 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#78 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

Please don't advise the posters on this thread.

Thank you.
  • like x 1

#79 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

Wow. I was refused. I offered to write for a publication but they said no. They loved my writing but they are deciding this based on something really silly. It really hurts. It was all so snotty and high-handed. It really depresses me. I can hardly believe it. And they apparently discussed it among themselves so they were united, but they never go back to me. So I had to ask. I saw the writing on the wall. It hurts. It's depressing. It really sucks. I feel like I'm bleeding. I kind of saw that things were not going well but I didn't want to jump through their hoops. So I didn't. And they said, well, to hell with you.

Capricious use of power, that's what bothers me. So capricious. So high-handed. I don't like it.

Edited by Luminosity, 31 January 2012 - 01:36 AM.

• like x 1

#80 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

What really bothers me right now is how much the US remake of "The girl with the Dragon tattoo" sucks! The characters don't seem to connect well, at all and it's missing some human elements that were very strong in the original. Why did they even bother ?
  • like x 1

#81 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I have looked at photos of my family members and compared it to now. I see how aging is slowly taking its toll. :sad: I really want to donate again come pay day.

#82 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I am depressed that my mother censors my reading material.

Last night I was lying awake staring at my wall. That entire wall was once completely covered with bookshelves...all gone, the books are across the state in my mother's other home.

(Even if I check out library books I have to be very careful about what I choose, or she will label me psychotic and threaten to medicate me again :/ )

#83 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I am depressed that my mother censors my reading material.

Last night I was lying awake staring at my wall. That entire wall was once completely covered with bookshelves...all gone, the books are across the state in my mother's other home.

(Even if I check out library books I have to be very careful about what I choose, or she will label me psychotic and threaten to medicate me again :/ )

Bloody heck I thought my parents were obsessed with censorship! With them, it's just not being allowed to use swear words (despite that we are an all adult house) or play music filled with bad language or leave literature with bad language downstairs when they are there. Damn I feel for you! :(

#84 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

My business partner is fucking insane! Well, no, he's totally chinese and he doesn't realize that there isn't a "loophole" for every law in the US. He works me to exhaustion and then I'm the only one who speaks English and Chinese so I'm forced again and again to continue working/interpreting/negotiating at all hours of the day. I need a fucking vacation and I definitely don't get paid enough to be interrogated by the police! Don't ask.... Seriously considering seeking employment again or at least changing this current situation around.

I wish my side businesses produced enough income to just up and leave, but I'm also conflicted because I don't know if I should leave or if this is about to pay off and make all this stress worth it...

Then I realize that I waste so much energy in fantasy and imagination everyday... I wish I could just quiet my mind or have some true serenity or peace in my life. Meditation only gives me relief when I'm doing it and then all the stress seems to come rushing back. I was doing so well a few months ago, but that was before all this stress? Maybe, it's hard to tell. I'm glad I at least have the habit of journaling multiple times per week or I'd really have no frame of reference... but it doesn't really help that much... hmmm IDK.... rapid cycling bipolar II? No idea...

#85 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thanks all for the excellent postings.

I can relate to manic_racetam's post. We have a lot of Chinese people where I live and just trying to deal with all the shoddy goods made in China on a daily basis, including a new car part that is giving me trouble, I can see how it would be to be in your position, a little bit. Some people from China here teach themselves to drive on the road with no papers or licenses.

#86 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

I was just sitting in the Apple store minding my own business. I was using my wheelchair. A woman and her two young kids came up to me. She said that God had led them to me and introduced one of the kids. I believe in God and prayer BUT a lot of Christians are weird about people in wheelchairs. They could do a lot of good by raising money and giving it to us directly, for instance, but that's not what they do. They will come up to you in a public place and start witnessing to you, because you apparently aren't as spiritual as they are, or they are otherwise stirred up by your situation. It's really not good to pray or try to lead someone when you really are freaked out by them. Just go your own way. She looked like she wanted to give me a tremendous gift but maybe at the same time she didn't have anything to give. She said that God had told them to look for someone in a wheelchair wearing green (check) and told them to pray for that person. O.K. I said, you're not going to witness to me are you? She said no, but they said that they were told that person would have some other serious issues things that I definitely didn't have and didn't want. They could see I didn't have those other characteristics. Ick. Erase. So I told them that I didn't have that and that they were freaking me out and to leave me alone. Erase that bullshit and all the Christians who come up to disabled people and say stuff to them that we don't like.
  • like x 1

#87 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

I was just sitting in the Apple store minding my own business. I was using my wheelchair. A woman and her two young kids came up to me. She said that God had led them to me and introduced one of the kids. I believe in God and prayer BUT a lot of Christians are weird about people in wheelchairs. They could do a lot of good by raising money and giving it to us directly, for instance, but that's not what they do. They will come up to you in a public place and start witnessing to you, because you apparently aren't as spiritual as they are, or they are otherwise stirred up by your situation. It's really not good to pray or try to lead someone when you really are freaked out by them. Just go your own way. She looked like she wanted to give me a tremendous gift but maybe at the same time she didn't have anything to give. She said that God had told them to look for someone in a wheelchair wearing green (check) and told them to pray for that person. O.K. I said, you're not going to witness to me are you? She said no, but they said that they were told that person would have some other serious issues things that I definitely didn't have and didn't want. They could see I didn't have those other characteristics. Ick. Erase. So I told them that I didn't have that and that they were freaking me out and to leave me alone. Erase that bullshit and all the Christians who come up to disabled people and say stuff to them that we don't like.

I am sorry to hear that.

I would say that a lot of people in general are weird about people in wheelchairs, Christian or not. It isn’t what they are used to seeing, and it weirds them out.

At the disability support group I go to someone in a wheelchair spoke about her experiences riding the paratransit bus: “The drivers usually smile at the people who walk on and give me a look of disgust. It hurts; they don’t seem to understand that people in wheelchairs are people too.”

I have never been in a wheelchair but I went through a somewhat similar experience after my stroke: because I was no longer able to come across as cute and charming (blunted affect) people no longer wanted to strike up conversations with me and started to avoid me, and on one occasion a police officer came up to me and started asking me questions for nothing other than standing outside a shopping center waiting for my ride home.

#88 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

Sorry that happened to you.

#89 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

I'm at the library. This would be a nice place to be on a rainy day. There's a view of the mountains. But you can hear the power flush toilets when you try to sit and read magazines. I was blocked from using the computers because I used one for 15 mintues when the user got off early. They have an automatic system that is supposed to give you an hour before it blocked you. Then a guy who seems to play with himself was in the library. He sat at the computer that is by itself with his hand in his lap suspiciously. I dropped notes off with the librarians. The next time I saw him his hand was not in his lap anymore. He must have noticed that I narked on him and negated that chance to catch him.

Now there are fleas. Two black fleas on the paper I printed out. Fleas, masturbators, toilets and computers that time you out 45 mintutes early. Aren't you glad you pay taxes so people have a place to be and connect to society?
  • like x 1

#90 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

No worries, at some point classic libraries will be a thing of the past.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: self-expression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users