- - - - -

Under eye wrinkles 27 year old skin dryness

wrinkles eye treatment

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

I have a problem with undereye wrinkles. Two horizontal ones that are "normal expression lines and which I've had since I was a teenager have norw "received"several thinner ones that sun parallel to them or criss cross them and some vertical ones near the inner corners of my eyes. I think it might be due partly to the use of retin A, and the resultant drynes, but the dryness turned gradually into permanent wrinkles that look like they belong on a face older than mine by about 20 years. Is ther any surefire method to get rid of them? I'm too young to have a spiderweb of wrinkles under my eyes that grows weekly... please help! But no commercial representatives pushing their products, just people with experience who genuinely want to help! PLEASE...:(

#2 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

For me Skinceutical CE Ferulic got rid of them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

I used to use Retin A. I'm thinking it's not supposed to be used under the eyes? I'd stop that. I use cooled green tea on a cotton ball around my eyes. Fresh aloe vera gel is another good thing to put on that area, or any area of your skin. There are only a few things that it is good to put around your eyes. I'd just be nice to that area and take good care of myself, and protect yourself from the sun. If it's caused by Retin A, it will probably go away in a couple of months.

Edited by Luminosity, 26 September 2011 - 03:10 AM.

#4 ViolettVol

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

I used to use Retin A. I'm thinking it's not supposed to be used under the eyes? I'd stop that. I use cooled green tea on a cotton ball around my eyes. Fresh aloe vera gel is another good thing to put on that area, or any area of your skin. There are only a few things that it is good to put around your eyes. I'd just be nice to that area and take good care of myself, and protect yourself from the sun. If it's caused by Retin A, it will probably go away in a couple of months.

Haven't used retin a for severa months now, the pesky dryness prevaisl and itsturned into permanent fine wrinkles, how can I remove them, I'm too YOUUUUUUNg to have them!!!! Matt - does skinceuticals get rid of even the dryness wrinkles that turned permanent - viosible even when i dont squint? PLEASE HELP

#5 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

Yes it did help a lot. I haven't sign the fine lines come back since I started to use it. It gets rid of the dryness under the eyes and after a number of weeks the lines start to fade. It's great for the rest of your skin as well of course :) A 30ml bottle lasts me around 6-7 months because I don't use it on my neck, just use around 4 drops on my face.

#6 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

Can't comment on ferulic acid, but I've found palmers cocao butter to be helpful with skin dryness.

#7 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

There's a couple of things you could try. Gelatin, a few tbsp a day and vitamin K2 MK-4.

Gelatin is big in Japan for firming up skin. MK-4 has a beneficial effect on the skin.

If you really want, you could also try methylene blue which is reported to have good effects on the skin too.

You gotta make sure you get enough complete protein if you take gelatin because gelatin isn't complete.

Also worth trying: Silicon from jarrosil/biosil.

Edited by rwac, 28 September 2011 - 08:19 AM.

• like x 1

#8 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

fish oil helped me with dry hands in the winter :)

#9 ViolettVol

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

There's a couple of things you could try. Gelatin, a few tbsp a day and vitamin K2 MK-4.

Gelatin is big in Japan for firming up skin. MK-4 has a beneficial effect on the skin.

If you really want, you could also try methylene blue which is reported to have good effects on the skin too.

You gotta make sure you get enough complete protein if you take gelatin because gelatin isn't complete.

Also worth trying: Silicon from jarrosil/biosil.

Thanks for all the info!
Could you recommend the type/brand of gellatin you are using? There are so many and I don;t know which one would be best. :)

#10 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I use bovine gelatin from Great Lakes. The hydrolysate dissolves very quickly even in cold liquids but the non-hydrolysate only
dissolves in hot liquids. There's a supplier in the UK, but it's a bit expensive: http://www.greatlake...sumer/links.php

Alternately, you could just buy a box of unflavored gelatin from the grocery store. This is usually porcine gelatin.

#11 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Haven't used retin a for severa months now, the pesky dryness prevaisl and itsturned into permanent fine wrinkles, how can I remove them, I'm too YOUUUUUUNg to have them!!!! Matt - does skinceuticals get rid of even the dryness wrinkles that turned permanent - viosible even when i dont squint? PLEASE HELP

Yes retin-a may be overrated in this regard and younger people like us with healthy skin may be ill advised to use it. I had the exact same problem and what worked for me for reducing these temporary, retin-a induced lines was glycolic acid at 25-30% twice a month while continuing to use topical niacinamide and layering emu oil and my burnout spf30 ecosensitive mineral based sunscreen over that during the day.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#12 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

please ignore the childish fools who keep rating down everything I say, just cause they can.
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 3

#13 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

O.K. but you might want to check with a doctor before using glycolic acid under the eyes. To the original poster, I'm sorry this has continued that long and my advice obviously proved to be not so useful. I hope you find a solution.

#14 ViolettVol

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

fish oil in capsules or liquid? what type/brand did you use?

#15 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Fish oil isn't going to resolve your fine lines

#16 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Fish oil isn't going to resolve your fine lines

#17 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

fish oil in capsules or liquid? what type/brand did you use?

i used capsules, different brands - it's only important that oil is free of PCBs, mercury and all other chemicals (I know that NOW fish oil has relatively high amount of PCBs so I don't recommend you this).

i don't know if it's good against wrinkles but it's good for the skin anyway. and i also think that it isn't necessary that it's fish oil, any source of omega-3 is ok.

#18 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Red/Infrared light might be good for wrinkles.

This study used an led, but i suspect you might be able to use a heat lamp instead.

http://www.livestron...n-infrared-led/

http://informahealth...764170500370059

Edited by rwac, 02 October 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#19 ViolettVol

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Yes it did help a lot. I haven't sign the fine lines come back since I started to use it. It gets rid of the dryness under the eyes and after a number of weeks the lines start to fade. It's great for the rest of your skin as well of course :) A 30ml bottle lasts me around 6-7 months because I don't use it on my neck, just use around 4 drops on my face.

Hey MAtt, just got my Skinceuticals Ferulic - after first application I find that it stays on the skin in a sort of film and for a while toe fine-lines wrinkles are more visible - maybe that's because the face is shiny for the first few moments? Did you experience anything like that?

#20 BriaHartley

• 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:25 AM

I buy a lot of face stuff. I like dermalmd anti aging serum for a refresher during the day under my eyes and around wrinkles. I have bought this serum before to carry with me. I started out using this serum on the back of my hands because this is what I had in my purse.I like the way my skin feels after I use it

#21 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

Since last year I've been using Skinceuticals eye balm, and I really think it's helped the skin around my eyes. It feels really nice after putting it on actually.

Morning:  Wash > Phloretin CF (including eye area), Eye Balm > sunscreen (when needed).

Night: Wash > Advanced pigment corrector > A.G.E Complex

The skin balm is a bit lighter, so I find using it in the day is best. A.G.E Complex is quite thick and heavy, so I prefer to use that before bed.

I'm a fan of SkinCeuticals :p The only thing missing there is the AGE complex... I'm using a couple samples atm.

skinceuticals-cf-phloretin-vs-ce-ferulic

Edited by Matt, 23 April 2018 - 10:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users