• Please log in to reply
2626 replies to this topic

#2521 row1

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

hi there

Unfortunately I am a poor responder.

After several attempts I still get acne :( and no focus etc....

It starts after a hour with tingeling on my face, very weird feeling :)

Does anyone know what exactly causes acne ?

Now after a few month's I want to try again.

What is the best way to start again? I'm thinking everything to the minium...

Wich doses

Wich sups

and time between doses

Is there a stack for "bad / non-responders " and people getting acne?

tried everything.

with and without caffeine.
Cbolic and 20% extr forscolih

zembrin etc.

Besides , if anyone interested to buy my stack , then let me know. Since I am now looking for alternatives .

maybe for sale :)

x6n4on.jpg

Edited by row1, 06 October 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#2522 yborcity

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hello guys,

in the 4hb , tim ferriss wrote that spinach may raise cAMP, any thoughts on that? Since i am following a kind of bulletproof/primal/slow carb kind of diet and

spinach is one of my staple foods, i was wondering about the pros and cons of overincresing cAMP level thru food intake and/or thru excess forskolin intake.

thanks for your savyness on this matter :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2523 Awareness

• 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

What are your thoughts on taking CILTEP on a 6 month or so cycle?

I ask because I originally started my stack about a year ago but had to stop for financial reasons after about 6 months. After this time I was able to see what I was able to accomplish while on the stack and consciously work towards that without being on the stack. Then about a month ago I started taking the stack again and plan to continue until my currently supply runs out. 

My point is that going on and off CILTEP gives you (or me at the very least) the ability to shift your perspective as you please. This then makes the cognitive enhancement more along the lines of walking up a staircase rather then standing one step higher.

#2524 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:23 AM

I ask because I originally started my stack about a year ago but had to stop for financial reasons after about 6 months. After this time I was able to see what I was able to accomplish while on the stack and consciously work towards that without being on the stack. Then about a month ago I started taking the stack again and plan to continue until my currently supply runs out. 

My point is that going on and off CILTEP gives you (or me at the very least) the ability to shift your perspective as you please. This then makes the cognitive enhancement more along the lines of walking up a staircase rather then standing one step higher.

I've taken breaks from CILTEP, usually when going on vacation.  I've never really had any issues going on and off it as long as I take L-Phenylalanine or L-Tyrosine the first day off in order to add extra dopamine pre-cursors needed presumably by upregulated tyrosine hydroxylase.  For me, one of the strange things about going on and off smart drugs is just the realization that my experience and processing of the world is limited in subtle ways by my underlying brain chemistry.  Ideas, thoughts, motivation and the next piece of information I need to complete a complex task are not immediately there without them, especially when it involves new information.  When I'm at baseline I tend to fall more easily into routines and become less interested in learning new things.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 19 October 2014 - 05:25 AM.

• like x 1

#2525 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

Is a combination of L tartrate carnitine plus ALCAR possibly better than only taking ALCAR?

http://www.longecity...ck/6-ciltep-v2/

I tried CILTEP in the past with good results, a major negative was that when I used it a few days in a row I would get stimulated and drowsy at the same time. As I got well treating a chronic infection that was giving me major brain fog, I am interesteted to give it a try again.

#2526 ricko321

• 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

what do you guys think of vitamin e i tried it with ciltep noticed more dopamine effects

here is a study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7682297

#2527 Awareness

• 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

I've taken breaks from CILTEP, usually when going on vacation.  I've never really had any issues going on and off it as long as I take L-Phenylalanine or L-Tyrosine the first day off in order to add extra dopamine pre-cursors needed presumably by upregulated tyrosine hydroxylase.  For me, one of the strange things about going on and off smart drugs is just the realization that my experience and processing of the world is limited in subtle ways by my underlying brain chemistry.  Ideas, thoughts, motivation and the next piece of information I need to complete a complex task are not immediately there without them, especially when it involves new information.  When I'm at baseline I tend to fall more easily into routines and become less interested in learning new things.

But can't we use this experience to our advantage and learn from it at baseline? The fact that we become aware of that aspect is such a huge step. Once back to baseline, one can then attempt to, in essence, train their brain to behave the same way it was while on smart drugs/CILTEP. 

#2528 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

May I ask why does CLITEP require additions to help with dopamine and acetylcholine synthesis, but not serotonin, GABA, or other neurotransmitters?

#2529 yborcity

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Is a combination of L tartrate carnitine plus ALCAR possibly better than only taking ALCAR?

I tried CILTEP in the past with good results, a major negative was that when I used it a few days in a row I would get stimulated and drowsy at the same time. As I got well treating a chronic infection that was giving me major brain fog, I am interesteted to give it a try again.

Hi, i have been using l carnitin l tartrate with ciltep in place of alcar and the results were fine and you might get extra boost with atletic perfomrance as well. There is a guy from sigma tau company  on youtube that explains the mechanism of LCLT in comparison to alcar.

The only issue with LCLT is that it is not as available on online merchands as alcar would be at least with bulk powder form.

#2530 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hi, i have been using l carnitin l tartrate with ciltep in place of alcar and the results were fine and you might get extra boost with atletic perfomrance as well. There is a guy from sigma tau company  on youtube that explains the mechanism of LCLT in comparison to alcar.

The only issue with LCLT is that it is not as available on online merchands as alcar would be at least with bulk powder form.

Thanks, there is any actual research that the tartrate salt would somehow make carnitine more available to the brain?

#2531 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the acetyl groups from ALCAR that help with ACh synthesis so I'm not sure if LCLT would have the same effects.

#2532 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

Have you thought about trying with higher doses of Forskolin?
I think the problem of non-responders, may be related with that

4mg forskolin does nothing to me, with 10 mg I can feel some effects, vasodilation and a soft headache (like a head pulsation).

Edited by Arsonista, 29 October 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#2533 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

the ciltep stack seems to work pretty neatly with people tweaking it for personal comfort.

I read someone stacking it curcumin ( aka tumeric) pills but, as far i know, this compound is fat soluble, so i guess you would have to absorb it with some kind of coconut oil/mct oil , just like liquid d3 for example, anyone tried this combination: ciltep+ curcumin (taken w/mctoil) ? 

I take BioCurcumin and Resveratrol mixed in MCT Oil in the hope for increased bioavailability. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot with CILTEP, but the only Forskolin supps available here come in tinctures and I really have no idea of telling how much of the active ingredient is in them  :dry:

#2534 Charles J. Daniels

• 88 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Forskolin is fat soluble too.

#2535 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Forskolin causes a sensation of lung tightness and burning. Even though it feels as though it is my lungs, It is probably actually upper GI related, and a case referred pain.

I have tried it on 3 separate occassions now and the result has always been the same, within a few days of using it. I have tried to find others that have had this side effect but have not found any. Apparently it can increase stomach acid production, so this is most likely a type of GERD.

I was using it to try and help with dry, flaky skin...but these sides have prevented me from seeing if it would have any benefit.

Edited by Soma, 06 November 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#2536 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

Reg. skin - where do you live?

You have probably tried other things before, but generally I find extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil both help to moisturize my skin. Green leafy vegetables and cucumber, too.

#2537 yborcity

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hello guys and gals, 

i am pretty amazed sometimes to see that some of you go the extra mile to tweak ciltep perfectly as i try too for about a semester now.

I can definitely say that it take efforts to find the right ingredients in our own continent where we leave (non us residents) .

As far as for me, i can see that cooking with  organic/grass fed butter ( bought solely from the premises of the farm)  and mct oil while cooking eggs for example , do mix well with ciltep as well as green leafy veggies (brocolis, spinachs, cauliflower( well not green but you get the idea) , lettuce, etc)

Also, as abelard mentioned in a podcast with dave a, i do my own BP coffee which synergizes well.

As far  as curcumin/tumeric , dr rhonda patrick likes it also for the hormesis kind of thing in it.

I have not tried coconut oil yet.

#2538 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

http://espn.go.com/v...pnapi_affiliate

Science fiction or reality?  :laugh:

Edited by abelard lindsay, 12 November 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#2539 ricko321

• 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

does anybody take vitamin d with ciltep do you notice any effects

#2540 HungryHippocampi

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/v...pnapi_affiliate

Science fiction or reality?  :laugh:

Super cool -- thanks for posting!

#2541 ricko321

• 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

do you guys study with ciltep alone or you add caffiene to it

#2542 yborcity

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

hi, i do take between 5000 and 7000 iu of liquid d3 daily but i can not correlate any interactions or any effects  between d3 and ciltep.

check jim kean , the founder of wellnessfx on youtube, he chats a great deal about d3 with dave asprey if you are looking 4 infos. 

#2543 Nordmann

• 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

Is there a difference between L-Phenylalanine and L-Phenylalanine(Free form)?

I bought 1kg of L-Phenylalanine on Ebay, but I don`t get the effect.

The powder smell really vile, very synthetic, dissolves easy in water and has slightly another texture compared to NOW Foods and PowderCity.

I`ll leave the COA. I hope it`s only Placebo but I`m sticking to my NALT.    

https://dl.dropboxus...- 1303CR270.pdf

Edited by Nordmann, 18 November 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#2544 Goodenough

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

Has anyone had the stack stop from working after a while? I've been on it for three months or so, 5 days on / 2 days off. I ran out of Zembrin some time ago and now the plain artichoke extract doesn't seem to do it anymore although it did work earlier.

Edited by Goodenough, 18 November 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#2545 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

But can't we use this experience to our advantage and learn from it at baseline? The fact that we become aware of that aspect is such a huge step. Once back to baseline, one can then attempt to, in essence, train their brain to behave the same way it was while on smart drugs/CILTEP. 

I've taken break from ciltep for 2 weeks because I can't stand the fatigue. When ciltep was working, I finish a lot of work. Sometimes even too anxious to get the work done. Music was exciting. Comedy movie made me laughed out loud. I became very social. It all came automatically. I can not achieve those without ciltep. Without ciltep, I'm back to being depressed and unmotivated. I can still push myself to do my works, but being unmotivated, I can not get a lot done.

#2546 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

I've always took 2000 IU D-3 long before ciltep. I've no idea if there is any interaction.

do you guys study with ciltep alone or you add caffiene to it

I mostly took forskolin + artichoke + alcar + tyrosine + b complex. I never take caffeine with it, and even without caffeine, I already noticed strong mood and motivation boost.

#2547 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

Has anyone had the stack stop from working after a while? I've been on it for three months or so, 5 days on / 2 days off. I ran out of Zembrin some time ago and now the plain artichoke extract doesn't seem to do it anymore although it did work earlier.

I took it for about 4 months on and off. Most of the time my stack was : 3.85 mg forskolin + 1 now artichoke + 750 mg alcar + 500 mg tyrosine + 1 twinlab stress b complex.

In the beginning, it was amazing. But after a while, it start to became inconsistent. Sometimes I felt the positives effects, sometimes I didn't. I suspects it's tyrosine being inconsistent. And I slowly became anxious and irritable. I suspect it's because of continuous use of tyrosine. I tried catuaba, nalt, dlpa, ginkgo; they all gave pretty much the same side effects.

When I drop tyrosine, the anxiety and irritability were gone, but I will quickly feel fatigue. It's just not working without tyrosine. 

I also felt better on 1 cap now artichoke rather than 2. I felt kinda anxious when I took 2 caps. 3 caps was a disaster.

Does anyone taking the dopaminergic found that they can take it everyday? I understand abelard is able to take phenylalanine everyday. But phenylalanine is just not working for me. Tried it in a couple occasions, and it always made me feel dumb and unconfident. I tried cutting the tablet into 250 mg, and the result was the same. I'm thinking to start ciltep again, with 5 days on, 2 days off. But I'm wondering how many people is able to take it everyday.

If the dopaminergics start go gave me anxiety and irritability after continuous use, does it mean that the conversion to dopamine is not working well, meaning I didn't take enough cofactors? Or the conversion was successful, and there are just too many dopamine in my brain, meaning I need to take a break?

#2548 chung_pao

• 352 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

Abelard, your post is very interesting. Continuing on that train of thought:

What do you think are the limiting or determining factors in memory recall?
By that I mean, "access to memories that you've already formed and information stored".

The question can be extremely useful, because solving complex problems doesn't always require more information.

In my experience, what determines memory recall is:
*Memory cues (things inside yourself (visualizing, abstract thinking) and outside yourself (perception), that allows access to stored memories, by association or connection to the old memories).
*Brain chemistry (your current ratio and amount of neurotransmitters, receptor sensitivity, etc.).

Would you add any factors to that?
It's always interesting to hear how intelligent people use their brain, as an instrument and operating system (like Tesla, as an eccentric example).

Edited by chung_pao, 21 November 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#2549 swen

• 67 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

I took it for about 4 months on and off. Most of the time my stack was : 3.85 mg forskolin + 1 now artichoke + 750 mg alcar + 500 mg tyrosine + 1 twinlab stress b complex.

In the beginning, it was amazing. But after a while, it start to became inconsistent. Sometimes I felt the positives effects, sometimes I didn't. I suspects it's tyrosine being inconsistent. And I slowly became anxious and irritable. I suspect it's because of continuous use of tyrosine. I tried catuaba, nalt, dlpa, ginkgo; they all gave pretty much the same side effects.

When I drop tyrosine, the anxiety and irritability were gone, but I will quickly feel fatigue. It's just not working without tyrosine. 

I also felt better on 1 cap now artichoke rather than 2. I felt kinda anxious when I took 2 caps. 3 caps was a disaster.

Does anyone taking the dopaminergic found that they can take it everyday? I understand abelard is able to take phenylalanine everyday. But phenylalanine is just not working for me. Tried it in a couple occasions, and it always made me feel dumb and unconfident. I tried cutting the tablet into 250 mg, and the result was the same. I'm thinking to start ciltep again, with 5 days on, 2 days off. But I'm wondering how many people is able to take it everyday.

If the dopaminergics start go gave me anxiety and irritability after continuous use, does it mean that the conversion to dopamine is not working well, meaning I didn't take enough cofactors? Or the conversion was successful, and there are just too many dopamine in my brain, meaning I need to take a break?

What about taking it every other day. When I took it I could still feel the effects the day after if when taking caffeine. 

And did you look into taking magnesium and or zinc? For me personally it feels like CILTP depletes certain minerals, like magnesium and zinc. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2550 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:12 AM

What about taking it every other day. When I took it I could still feel the effects the day after if when taking caffeine. 

And did you look into taking magnesium and or zinc? For me personally it feels like CILTP depletes certain minerals, like magnesium and zinc. 

Yeah I'm planning on starting again with 5 days on, 2 days off. And this time with a multivamin.

I've always took 400 magnesium citrate before bed. I never usually take zinc, but once I took 30 mg zinc bedtime, and the day after, I took ciltep with 500 mg tyrosine. Gave me some really strong anxiety and irritability. I had to avoid people because I felt pissed and paranoid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ciltep, pde4, forskolin, ltp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By