* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#2671 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

My first day trying this stack. I just took 6 tablets Now Spirulina 500 mg (total 3 gr) with 3 softgels Now Omega (total 540 EPA 360 DHA). It gave me jittery and irritability. The jittery only lasted about 1 hour though. Kinda reminded me of tyrosine. I was feeling calm before I took it. Anyone experienced similar experience on spirulina or uridine?

So if spirulina contains 5% uridine, what I took was 150 mg uridine. Is that equal to 150 mg ump or tau?

#2672 ikon2

• 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

Does taking the DHA concern anyone relative to peroxidation?  Or is the consensus that there is a net health benefit?

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2673 PFM18

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

Scratch that.  I have been coming into contact in a lot of social situations recently with friends who got back from college. and now after taking uridine I was very emotionally dull for and I didnt want to talk to anyone.  Those feelings immediatly went away after discontinuing uridine.  I think it is partly due to the "emotionally dull" side effect others experienced and because I had to stop taking an amino drink i have every morning with a bit of caffeine in it(100mg), but it benefits me in a lot of ways other than caffeine because it has several amino acids in it(L-tyrosine, L-taurine, etc) that I could no longer benefit from or my body was having trouble going without it.  although I took the alpha GPC with the amino drink and I still felt great.  It definetly seemed to have good effects on my cognition, but I dont think its worth it.

#2674 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

glide i think there is some kind of mixed reactions in people plus everyone has their own cofounding factors ( supplements, lifestyle etc ...)

I myself think of trying it out because of the splendid scientific evidence brought forth by this thread which seems to support the promised effects kind of. Also the evidence suggests no toxic or detrimental effect ( although in some anecdotal reports a headache has been mentioned but again think of the cofactors )

Ultimately every one reacts different to these things but due to the low cost of UMP i suggest you could try it out and report back to this thread. 40 $ don't seem terribly high for these incredible though just promised effects.

I hope that helped. 

Fair, but maybe this is why this thread is so long?

Its not that I trust only my experience, I am really interested to hear from people that got good results over some months (or more) from this stack. If there are even mild good results on the long - term, I may resume with very low dose uridine. I am using fish oil and CDP choline anyway.

#2675 glide

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

glide i think there is some kind of mixed reactions in people plus everyone has their own cofounding factors ( supplements, lifestyle etc ...)

I myself think of trying it out because of the splendid scientific evidence brought forth by this thread which seems to support the promised effects kind of. Also the evidence suggests no toxic or detrimental effect ( although in some anecdotal reports a headache has been mentioned but again think of the cofactors )

Ultimately every one reacts different to these things but due to the low cost of UMP i suggest you could try it out and report back to this thread. 40 $ don't seem terribly high for these incredible though just promised effects.

I hope that helped. 

Its not that I trust only my experience, I am really interested to hear from people that got good results over some months (or more) from this stack. If there are even mild good results on the long - term, I may resume with very low dose uridine. I am using fish oil and CDP choline anyway.

That's what Ive had in mind for a while now , cdp + dha .. I dislike having high expectations but going through this thread sums it up..
Care to share some results of choline and w3 combined?

Edited by glide, 18 November 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#2676 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

I take 80mg UMP sublingually 2x daily and find it mildly stimulating and focusing, and it may prevent mental fatigue to some degree. It does not seem to produce any anxiety nor dull my emotions. Too much choline supplementation tends to negatively affect my mood, so I have been taking 600mg choline bitartrate, but no CDP or GPC. I have been at this dose for about six months, but I have been taking it on and off at different dosages for about two years.

Edited by hephaestus, 20 November 2014 - 02:55 AM.

#2677 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

I hope that helped. 

That's what Ive had in mind for a while now , cdp + dha .. I dislike having high expectations but going through this thread sums it up..
Care to share some results of choline and w3 combined?

I quess everyone is different, but the positives I am having from CDP choline its a calm feeling and a slight mood boost. I have not noticed anything in particular from fish oil (with enough dha for this stack) but at least I am not having side effects, the way I had with uridine...

#2678 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

It depends very strongly on individual brain chemistry. I took a 250mg CDP with CILTEP a few days ago, for the first time in months, and I was sleepy all day.

#2679 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

Scratch that. I have been coming into contact in a lot of social situations recently with friends who got back from college. and now after taking uridine I was very emotionally dull for and I didnt want to talk to anyone. Those feelings immediatly went away after discontinuing uridine. I think it is partly due to the "emotionally dull" side effect others experienced and because I had to stop taking an amino drink i have every morning with a bit of caffeine in it(100mg), but it benefits me in a lot of ways other than caffeine because it has several amino acids in it(L-tyrosine, L-taurine, etc) that I could no longer benefit from or my body was having trouble going without it. although I took the alpha GPC with the amino drink and I still felt great. It definetly seemed to have good effects on my cognition, but I dont think its worth it.

You were taking too much uridine. :)

#2680 Barfly

• 65 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Does anyone else find taking uridine stack with caffeine actually synergestic?

I start my day with 100mg uridine sublingually + ALCAR + choline bitartrate and then have my coffee about 30 min later and I have noticed I need less coffee for a greater and longer lasting "sharpness" and mental energy effect compared to coffee alone.

So I am wondering if recommendation to stop taking caffeine or cut it to the minimum on this stack might be unnecessary and overly cautious?

#2681 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

Personally I haven't cut out caffeine or nicotine.

#2682 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

Can anyone tell me if the uridine has to be taken sublingually? If so, what product is being used? I have ecological formulas uridine and the powder simply does not dissolve under my tongue.

#2683 dudmuck

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

There were reviews of jarrows uridine capsules mentioning that binders in the capsule makes sublingual difficult.  I would imagine that same condition exists with ecological formulas.

#2684 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

I hope that helped. 

I don't understand what's the deal with such a high price in the U.S... Here one can get cdp -choline(500mg) + piracetam(800mg) for $2.5 (cost of 4 tablets though)

I will be starting this soon , I am sure this is going to treat most people who suffer from ahnedonia due to dopamine downregulation so I'm quite interested .. Is tolerance an issue with this substance , how should it be cycled ?

Edited by forexworld12, 02 December 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#2685 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Guys could anyone that bought recently CDP choline from Powder City describe your experience? I am suspicious about this batch, when I dissolve it in water its not as sour as the CDP choline I have used from 4+ sources before, and when I hold a good amount of powder in my mouth it has a very mild sweet taste!! I do not feel the effect as strong either...

I do not think that CDP choline should be slightly sweet in any case... If I had to say why this is so, I would suspect a short chain (slightly sweet) maltodextrin is added? 

#2686 PFM18

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

Scratch that. I have been coming into contact in a lot of social situations recently with friends who got back from college. and now after taking uridine I was very emotionally dull for and I didnt want to talk to anyone. Those feelings immediatly went away after discontinuing uridine. I think it is partly due to the "emotionally dull" side effect others experienced and because I had to stop taking an amino drink i have every morning with a bit of caffeine in it(100mg), but it benefits me in a lot of ways other than caffeine because it has several amino acids in it(L-tyrosine, L-taurine, etc) that I could no longer benefit from or my body was having trouble going without it. although I took the alpha GPC with the amino drink and I still felt great. It definetly seemed to have good effects on my cognition, but I dont think its worth it.

You were taking too much uridine. :)

well I was only taking 200mg (about 2/3 of the ecological formulas capsules) and people say that they take 250-300mg which is supposed to be equivalent to 7x that orally right?

#2687 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

well I was only taking 200mg (about 2/3 of the ecological formulas capsules) and people say that they take 250-300mg which is supposed to be equivalent to 7x that orally right?

Which is a huge dose and will cause emotional dulling due to DA modulation, however, can be useful in the right circumstances. :)

Try starting with oral doses and adjust as needed.

#2688 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

If I've misunderstood and you're taking 200mg orally, try less - people have different responses and need to find their optimal dose level. :)

#2689 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

I've been taking these for 6 days :

- 400 IU vitamin E after breakfast

- 250 mg jarrow ump orally after breakfast and lunch on day 1-3, but changed to after breakfast only on day 4-6

- 3 softgels Now Omega (total 540 mg EPA 360 mg DHA) after breakfast and lunch

- 1 Twinlab Stress B Complex upon waking up

- Added 750 mg alcar upon waking up starting day 4

Day 1-4, I can certainly felt something dopaminergic, where I felt improved mood, motivation, music more exciting, more sociable. It got better and better. I was happy to got out of my depression. I think there was some brainfog on day 1 though. 

On day 3, I was doing good before lunch. But after lunch, taking the second 250 mg ump on that day, I felt some jittery and became confused. All the good mood is gone. So I decided to take 250 mg ump once a day after breakfast starting day 4.

Day 4, I was in a good mood all day, being social, with 250 mg ump after breakfast only.

Day 5, I became a bit nervous after taking my breakfast stack. And I didn't get any mood boost. It was a day where I'm seeing a lot of people and need to be social, but I was not. I was back to my old self, being depressed and don't feel like talking to anyone.

Day 6, today, before taking my breakfast stack, I felt my normal self, sad and depressed, but I still had the will to do my tasks. I'm thinking, well, my life sucks, but I need to move on. After taking my breakfast stack though, it demotivated me and made me lazy to do anything. I was planning to clean my new apartment and now I don't feel like it. I even feel lazy to take a bath. My breakfast stack consist of some other stuffs which I've been taking for a while, and I don't think can demotivate me : 30 mg zinc, 2000 iu D-3, 600 mg NAC, glucosamine chondroitin msm, and bilberry.

Anyone knows what's going on? Any input on how to alter my stack? Is this a stack where it can build tolerance, and need to be cycle?

Edited by sunburst, 07 December 2014 - 03:46 AM.

#2690 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

Anybody know how uridine stacks with vyanse or other adhd stimulants? Does it reduce tolerance for stimulants because it's a dopaminergic? I'm receiving some uridine tomorrow, I'm hoping it will lower my tolerance to vyvanse as well as potentiate and increase the time span of the effects of Vyvanse.

Edited by Ed Ntuk, 08 December 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#2691 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

There were reviews of jarrows uridine capsules mentioning that binders in the capsule makes sublingual difficult.  I would imagine that same condition exists with ecological formulas.

I just finished a bottle of Jarrow's - and while it is easy enough to open and dispense sublinqually, I think I need to find another provider.  The fillers just worry me...  Specifically the magnesium stearate...  Already have plenty of that in my other supplements, don't need it sublingually.

I previously bought from Superior Nutraceuticals, but the last question I sent them went unanswered.  Not sure who I will source from next.

#2692 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

I just finished a bottle of Jarrow's - and while it is easy enough to open and dispense sublinqually, I think I need to find another provider.  The fillers just worry me...  Specifically the magnesium stearate...  Already have plenty of that in my other supplements, don't need it sublingually.

I previously bought from Superior Nutraceuticals, but the last question I sent them went unanswered.  Not sure who I will source from next.

What question did you ask Superior Nutraceuticals? It looks like they have multiple email addresses, phone numbers, and a contact form. They seem pretty accessible, and have given me good customer service(sent me a free tub of uridine when it was on backorder for a while). Nootropics Depot also have uridine monophosphate and they are a reputable supplier.

#2693 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

What question did you ask Superior Nutraceuticals?

The question I asked them was about dosing.  A couple years ago I bought some Uridine from them, and it suggests each scooper dose is 250mg.

Their current website suggests (the same size scooper) dose is 100mg.

Either one of the pieces of data ("old" label or current website) is incorrect, or there is filler in the new product (unlikely).

I just want to know what the real deal is so I could figure out what I am (and for a future order would be) dosing.  (I have some old powder that I am using now, although since it expired 8 months ago, it probably is less potent)

I'm not angry or trying to be disrespectful or anything, but if a vendor doesn't respond to my request...  I'm a lot less likely to place an order with them.  (And I think my question is valid)

• Good Point x 1

#2694 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

I've been taking these for 6 days :
- 400 IU vitamin E after breakfast
- 250 mg jarrow ump orally after breakfast and lunch on day 1-3, but changed to after breakfast only on day 4-6
- 3 softgels Now Omega (total 540 mg EPA 360 mg DHA) after breakfast and lunch
- 1 Twinlab Stress B Complex upon waking up
- Added 750 mg alcar upon waking up starting day 4

Day 1-4, I can certainly felt something dopaminergic, where I felt improved mood, motivation, music more exciting, more sociable. It got better and better. I was happy to got out of my depression. I think there was some brainfog on day 1 though.

On day 3, I was doing good before lunch. But after lunch, taking the second 250 mg ump on that day, I felt some jittery and became confused. All the good mood is gone. So I decided to take 250 mg ump once a day after breakfast starting day 4.

Day 4, I was in a good mood all day, being social, with 250 mg ump after breakfast only.

Day 5, I became a bit nervous after taking my breakfast stack. And I didn't get any mood boost. It was a day where I'm seeing a lot of people and need to be social, but I was not. I was back to my old self, being depressed and don't feel like talking to anyone.

Day 6, today, before taking my breakfast stack, I felt my normal self, sad and depressed, but I still had the will to do my tasks. I'm thinking, well, my life sucks, but I need to move on. After taking my breakfast stack though, it demotivated me and made me lazy to do anything. I was planning to clean my new apartment and now I don't feel like it. I even feel lazy to take a bath. My breakfast stack consist of some other stuffs which I've been taking for a while, and I don't think can demotivate me : 30 mg zinc, 2000 iu D-3, 600 mg NAC, glucosamine chondroitin msm, and bilberry.

Anyone knows what's going on? Any input on how to alter my stack? Is this a stack where it can build tolerance, and need to be cycle?

Try removing one component at a time for a couple of days. I'd start with the ALCAR, followed by the fish oil, followed by the B complex, etc.

What question did you ask Superior Nutraceuticals?

The question I asked them was about dosing. A couple years ago I bought some Uridine from them, and it suggests each scooper dose is 250mg.

Their current website suggests (the same size scooper) dose is 100mg.

Either one of the pieces of data ("old" label or current website) is incorrect, or there is filler in the new product (unlikely).

I just want to know what the real deal is so I could figure out what I am (and for a future order would be) dosing. (I have some old powder that I am using now, although since it expired 8 months ago, it probably is less potent)

I'm not angry or trying to be disrespectful or anything, but if a vendor doesn't respond to my request... I'm a lot less likely to place an order with them. (And I think my question is valid)

If it's the same scoop as previous batches, it's around 250mg, same as the scoop with their CDP choline.

#2695 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

If it's the same scoop as previous batches, it's around 250mg, same as the scoop with their CDP choline.

Thank you - but it's not what their current web page says:

While we do include a .625cc scoop that holds approximately 100mg of Uridine-

#2696 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

Thank you - but it's not what their current web page says:

While we do include a .625cc scoop that holds approximately 100mg of Uridine-

I'm only going off my previous experiments with the scoop that came with my last batch from SN and my mg scales.

Here - a slightly heaped scoop is 350mg:
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418819174.466091.jpg   223.66KB   7 downloads

#2697 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'm only going off my previous experiments with the scoop that came with my last batch from SN and my mg scales.

Here - a slightly heaped scoop is 350mg:
attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1418819174.466091.jpg

So there clearly is something wrong on their website and they just ignore it.

Perhaps their website is wrong but their current labels still say 250mg, I have no idea, since they don't respond to emails.  (Ok to be fair, they did not respond to ONE email)

I may still purchase from them at this point, not sure...

#2698 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

How do you guys feel about combining uridine with THP? Its dopamine antagonistic, and is a good sleeping aid. A routine of uridine at day and THP before sleep. To upregulate dopamine receptor sensitivity. Or does this sound too overkill?

Edited by happy santa, 18 December 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#2699 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

How do you guys feel about combining uridine with THP? Its dopamine antagonistic, and is a good sleeping aid. A routine of uridine at day and THP before sleep. To upregulate dopamine receptor sensitivity. Or does this sound too overkill?

I wouldn't.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2700 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

So, does prolonged usage of uridine downregulate dopamine receptors or not? Thats why i thought of combining it with THP. Ive used uridine for almost a year now straight, everyday, but cant really tell how it affects my dopamine receptors, other than increasing the density and releasing the chemical. You have any clarification to this?

Edited by happy santa, 18 December 2014 - 09:35 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By