* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#1831 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Btw, how many minutes do you hold under the tongue for sublingual?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#1832 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I've been taking ~200 mg under the tounge twice daily. I haven't noticed anything yet.

Have some people not noticed differences instantly but did notice them after a couple weeks?

I normally suggest up to 2 weeks. I also suggest oral dosage to start for most situations.

[

Thanks for the feedback. I have the oral type as well. Would you suggest starting over with the oral pills or doing the sublingual for another week or so and then add the choline?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1833 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

I've been taking ~200 mg under the tounge twice daily. I haven't noticed anything yet.

Have some people not noticed differences instantly but did notice them after a couple weeks?

I normally suggest up to 2 weeks. I also suggest oral dosage to start for most situations.

[

Thanks for the feedback. I have the oral type as well. Would you suggest starting over with the oral pills or doing the sublingual for another week or so and then add the choline?

Just do what you're currently doing, but take it orally. UMP is not exclusive to sublingual doses. :)

#1834 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Btw, how many minutes do you hold under the tongue for sublingual?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Usually up to 2 minutes, depending on dosage. It should dissolve.

#1835 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

[

Just do what you're currently doing, but take it orally. UMP is not exclusive to sublingual doses. :)

Ohhh. I see. So, just wash it down w/ juice or water?

Thanks

#1836 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

just wondering, why not simply use cdp choline to increase uridine in the brain? It increases uridine levels by 70-90% in humans (500mg) or up to 120% (2000mg).
Is there any comparison in how much higher uridine levels get with i.e. 300mg UMP?

#1837 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

just wondering, why not simply use cdp choline to increase uridine in the brain? It increases uridine levels by 70-90% in humans (500mg) or up to 120% (2000mg).
Is there any comparison in how much higher uridine levels get with i.e. 300mg UMP?

From personal experience, you don't see the same effects.
  • like x 1

#1838 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I started noticing the effect of 50mg sublingual 3-4 times a day after the second day (now the fifth day). Mood is definitely up as is motivation. I had one night where I only got 5 hours of sleep and I functioned almost normally (for me this is absolutely incredible). I usually need 8+ hours!

I think this has a LOT of synergy with BDNF and NGF boosters. Urdine takes away the brain fog that can happen when I take too large of a dose of these neutrophic factor boosters (Noopept, Ashwagandha, ALCAR). My theory is BDNF and NGF depletes the brain of certain nutrients (omega 3's, choline/aCh and uridine, as well as some b vitamins). I had my bases covered for the choline, omega 3's and the b's, but the urdine seems to complete the stack.

Btw, I've tried various doses of cdp-choline without the same effect. It seems like it should work the same since it effectively boosts uridine levels in the blood. Maybe sublingual UMP gets past the BBB better? Or it could be my cdp-choline doses were limited by the aCh headaches I would get if I took too large of a dose?

Edited by health_nutty, 03 March 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#1839 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

So we can assume that uridine levels are much higher with UMP. Got a pretty nice effect from 1000mg cdp choline though. Makes me wonder about UMP...

#1840 evodude

• 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

I second that. Tried multiple doses, sometimes it even demotivates me. UMP has a much more positive effect on me.

#1841 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I second that. Tried multiple doses, sometimes it even demotivates me. UMP has a much more positive effect on me.

I third it ;)

#1842 Joiedevivre62

• 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

Apparently in the US there is only one manufacturer of Uridine Monophosphate and they are presently stock out. Can anyone tell me if similar results may be obtained with Triacetyluridine? Is there another way to purchase Uridine monophosphate from outside the US?

#1843 killshot

• 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Apparently in the US there is only one manufacturer of Uridine Monophosphate and they are presently stock out. Can anyone tell me if similar results may be obtained with Triacetyluridine? Is there another way to purchase Uridine monophosphate from outside the US?

Did you try this one it's made in California Posted Image

Edited by killshot, 12 March 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#1844 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'm pretty sure the US product originates from China. There is a good Chinese vendor mentioned earlier in the thread, if you want 1Kg+. :)

TAU should also be fine - I use it when traveling.

Edited by MrHappy, 12 March 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#1845 Joiedevivre62

• 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Another question, if uridine reverses mito toxicity, how long would you need to take it and does it reverse completely? Cheers.

#1846 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

I'm pretty sure the US product originates from China. There is a good Chinese vendor mentioned earlier in the thread, if you want 1Kg+. :)

TAU should also be fine - I use it when traveling.

I tried uridine earlier on my trials of various nute's. Since, have been looking for the holy grail OMFGSGFST limitless super glutamergic dopamine enchancing BDNF increasing acetylcholine binding nute. I think this will do fine, possibly with the CILEP stack.

Couple of questions. Anyone interested in a group buy from MrHappy's source? 3-4 ppl @ around $50-70 each for around 200-300 grams of uridine (more than enough for one person)?

#1847 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

good day everyone
I'm affected by what i believe could be described as postSSRI(orMDMA) apathy and anhedonia. Symptoms are brainfog, inability to focus, lack of energy and motivation, hypersomnia, emotional blunting, i think you got the figure. I stopped taking SSRI and MDMA 3-4 years ago, and while it did get better with time, im not happy at all, and have finally decided, after a year of adaptogens, to go to a psychiatrist and get a prescription. We tried Methylphenidate (up to 60mg) and Modafinil(200mg): both had NO effect.
I opened a thread about this and someone mentioned my DA/NE receptors might be strongly upregulated and i should take serotonergics, and someone else said im better off trying citicholine. (heres a link to the post: http://www.longecity...ct/#entry572761 ). I think i will try Tianeptine + this famous Uridine, Choline, DHA stack.
I have to say i have already been taking uridine pretty regularly over the last month and i havent noticed much, but i believe i was taking half the suggested dose, so i guess this report does not count. What do you guys think? Could a bit of precision and perseverance with this stack pay off in my case?
Another, simpler question, I have some Choline+Inositol caps by now foods: will they serve the purpose?
Also, i use a brand of uridine that has 25mg Triacetyluridine per caps... i have read the conversion ratio on the first post ("Triacetyluridine (TAU) is fat soluble, but 4x-7x stronger, orally, than UMP.")so just making sure... I should take around 3 caps a day?

#1848 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

good day everyone
I'm affected by what i believe could be described as postSSRI(orMDMA) apathy and anhedonia. Symptoms are brainfog, inability to focus, lack of energy and motivation, hypersomnia, emotional blunting, i think you got the figure. I stopped taking SSRI and MDMA 3-4 years ago, and while it did get better with time, im not happy at all, and have finally decided, after a year of adaptogens, to go to a psychiatrist and get a prescription. We tried Methylphenidate (up to 60mg) and Modafinil(200mg): both had NO effect.
I opened a thread about this and someone mentioned my DA/NE receptors might be strongly upregulated and i should take serotonergics, and someone else said im better off trying citicholine. (heres a link to the post: http://www.longecity...ct/#entry572761 ). I think i will try Tianeptine + this famous Uridine, Choline, DHA stack.
I have to say i have already been taking uridine pretty regularly over the last month and i havent noticed much, but i believe i was taking half the suggested dose, so i guess this report does not count. What do you guys think? Could a bit of precision and perseverance with this stack pay off in my case?
Another, simpler question, I have some Choline+Inositol caps by now foods: will they serve the purpose?
Also, i use a brand of uridine that has 25mg Triacetyluridine per caps... i have read the conversion ratio on the first post ("Triacetyluridine (TAU) is fat soluble, but 4x-7x stronger, orally, than UMP.")so just making sure... I should take around 3 caps a day?

l

If you're taking TAU, try dosing twice per day, at 75mg per dose. See how that goes after 2 weeks. :)

#1849 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

ok.. this sounds like a "make sure" amount of TAU :) What about normal choline bitratate(+inositol)? will it work? sorry for bothering with mundane questions but i googled and did not find out..

#1850 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

ok.. this sounds like a "make sure" amount of TAU :) What about normal choline bitratate(+inositol)? will it work? sorry for bothering with mundane questions but i googled and did not find out..

It's also to do with the plasma half-life, hence the double dose.

Choline bitartrate can be used, but it's a less-preferred option owing to a number of factors including fish-like odour.

#1851 SnowFlake

• 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hello Mr.Happy,

I first saw this thread actually before even registering here and have lurked this thread time to time ever since. As the thread has expanded to over 60 pages now, I hope you don't mind if I ask you straight away rather than scrolling all the pages through.

Do you take your Uridine as mono or tri, or if both, which one do you prefer? Do you take it orally or sublingually?

Are you still using Alpha GPC as your source of choline?

#1852 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hello Mr.Happy,

I first saw this thread actually before even registering here and have lurked this thread time to time ever since. As the thread has expanded to over 60 pages now, I hope you don't mind if I ask you straight away rather than scrolling all the pages through.

Do you take your Uridine as mono or tri, or if both, which one do you prefer? Do you take it orally or sublingually?

Are you still using Alpha GPC as your source of choline?

I have a (very) bulk supply of UMP, which I would normally take orally due to expediency. I also have a few bottles of TAU for travel purposes. Both have worked well for me.

Currently, I have CDP choline as a source. Both are fine, but I'd probably buy a-GPC next time.

At the moment, I've been doing a keto diet for a month and I'm taking a break from all supplements other than a multi.

Interestingly, after 1.5 years of uridine supplementation, my original symptoms aren't resurfacing. Could be that I've 'permanently' solved my issue. :)

In the meantime, we've been including uridine, etc., in my pregnant wife's stack for the last 7 months, as part of what I am dubbing 'Project: Stewie' (hopefully without the matricidal tendencies, if you recognise the reference) :)

#1853 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Has anyone reported light headedness / fatigure during exercise with higher doses of UMP? I'm trying to narrow down what can be the cause of my fatigue during running.

#1854 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Has anyone reported light headedness / fatigure during exercise with higher doses of UMP? I'm trying to narrow down what can be the cause of my fatigue during running.

Thoughts: iron, b5, selenium are all worth checking.

#1855 Unstoppable

• 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Anyone who can give me a good source for uridine bulk powder? Has to be able to ship to the netherlands.

#1856 synaptiq

• 45 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

In the meantime, we've been including uridine, etc., in my pregnant wife's stack for the last 7 months, as part of what I am dubbing 'Project: Stewie' (hopefully without the matricidal tendencies, if you recognise the reference) :)

Is there a thread about this, either here or elsewhere? I'd love to hear more since this is something I've been exploring myself recently (nothing in the oven yet, but we'd like to be plan this out well in advance).

#1857 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Is there a thread about this, either here or elsewhere? I'd love to hear more since this is something I've been exploring myself recently (nothing in the oven yet, but we'd like to be plan this out well in advance).

Not yet.. Although I've been contemplating it. :) Not even sure what section I'd put the thread in.

For science, I've been mulling over various performance markers and milestones to measure against for any 'above normal' response and development. Initially, I'll just be happy for a healthy baby, of course. :)

I wonder how they would feel as an adult if they knew such a thread existed and how much thought went into planning their brain development? Really, I just want them to have the best opportunities in life.

Edited by MrHappy, 26 March 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#1858 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Please no iron supplementation without bloodwork first. Too high iron levels can cause massive long term damage.

MrHappy, what symptoms did you have prior to using uridine that are gone now?

#1859 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Please no iron supplementation without bloodwork first. Too high iron levels can cause massive long term damage.

MrHappy, what symptoms did you have prior to using uridine that are gone now?

Issues around coping with 16+hour workdays in a high-stress environment, leading to motivation issues and depressive symptoms.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1860 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Issues around coping with 16+hour workdays in a high-stress environment, leading to motivation issues and depressive symptoms.

Just what I need it to do too. :-D
thanks

Edited by BioFreak, 27 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By