Photo

Sheffield Modafinil (UK)

modafinil modalert

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lucidity

• 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hello! I'm new here and new to Nootrophics and I'm trying to get my hands on some Modafinil/Modalert. I live in the UK.

I've been researching suppliers and came across 'Sheffield Modafinil' and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site? The website looks reasonably legit but I'm still a bit suspicious. However you can pay by Paypal which is handy and a lot more secure than using a credit card directly.

I was thinking of purchasing from United Pharmacies for a long time but according to some reviews a significant minority of customers were victims of credit card fraud after purchashing.

If neither of the above are legit can anyone suggest another reliable source? Preferably somewhere that paypal can be used. I'm less concerned about price than about security and reliability.

Any replies much appreciated.

Lucidity

#2 Cap'n

• 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hi Lucidity

After investigation I decided to try Modafinil too. The only UK-based supplier I could find was Sheffield Modafinil, so I bought from there. The comments of others I found (don't remember if there were that many) didn't flag up any issues, so I went ahead. All worked out as indicated - the reply email, payment, etc, all went according to plan. No issues. I received the Modalert in about 3 days. I plan to buy again in the next week or so.

Cheers.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Lucidity

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hi Lucidity

After investigation I decided to try Modafinil too. The only UK-based supplier I could find was Sheffield Modafinil, so I bought from there. The comments of others I found (don't remember if there were that many) didn't flag up any issues, so I went ahead. All worked out as indicated - the reply email, payment, etc, all went according to plan. No issues. I received the Modalert in about 3 days. I plan to buy again in the next week or so.

Cheers.

Ah this is encouraging, thank's Cap'n. Yea they have a youtube account and facebook page but there doesn't seem to be much activity on either. I may go ahead and purchase and see how it goes. They claim to source their modafinil from sun pharma and I know what the packaging looks like (you can find pictures on the internet). So I can double check that when it arrives.

#4 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

United pharmacies is legit. You can also get armodafinil if you live in the UK.

#5 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

How is the Modalert....

It has been awhile since I used modafinil...

When I first ordered Modalert in 2005 it worked really well.

I ordered again in 2010 and it didn't seem to do the trick.

Not sure if Alertec or Provigil would be a better option...the stuff is pretty dam expensive.
so when it didn't work so well last time it kind of put me off. This plus the fact it is so
hard to find a truely relable source where you can be absolutely sure about what you
are getting.

#6 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

United Pharmacies has Modavigil, has anyone tried this variety.

Thinking back a few years, with my non-nootrified brain...I do seem to remember there were
some forgeries of ModAlert from Sun...I definately remember having some which worked well
and then another that didn't. United Pharmacies seem to have them both and they have a
small size. Irish MD have you ordered from them? Was the modafinil work?

http://www.unitedpha...lets_p_759.html

#7 Cap'n

• 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Well, I've been using the Modalert on and off, and ...I'm not sure if I've been feeling it or not. Certainly no "OK - here we go...!" sensations, maybe a little of the appetite-suppressant side-effect, and being a bit more focussed late in the day, but.. I'm just not sure. I started with half a tab, then a whole one. I bought it as I'm doing data-entry and usually can't focus, feel my eyelids dropping etc in the afternoons. It hasn't really helped (I also bought some Ginkgo Biloba and Gotu Kola recently, but one of them is really making me tired. I've switched to taking the GK in the evening now).

I see Sheffield Modofinil no longer take PayPal. I emailed to check & they said " ***Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances we are unable to process PayPal payments any longer*** " and "Currently for our UK clients, we can only accept Bank Deposit, or BACs transfer into our account. For our international clients, we can accept Western Union."

#8 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Yes this sound similar to what is happening to alot of vendors in the UK
who sell herbal or other supplements.

Alot probably has to do with the Mephedrone situation last year, where a
Scheduled drug methcathinone was slightly tweaked and made legal and
sold as plant food on the internet until some dead teenagers were found
who had been mixing it with methadone. The government has been pressing
on the payment processors to stop processing payments of many alternative
vendors in the herbal and supplement space.

#9 Cap'n

• 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

I received another email from Sheffield to explain:

"The minimum order is 50 now as we are unable to process the large amount of single pack orders since we are no longer using paypal as our payment processor, and only bank deposit / bacs."

#10 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

I've not personally used the modafinil brands from United Pharmacies, but I've seen many good reports from other forums.

And like I said, if you're in the UK, I would also pick up some armodafinil. The UK is one of the few places they will ship it.

Edited by Irish MD, 24 November 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#11 Cap'n

• 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the tip, Irish MD.

From the United Pharmacies front page:

Waklert 50 (Armodafinil) - 50mg (10 tablets) - £4.99

Modavigil (Modafinil) - 100mg (30 tablets) - £55.19

Can that be right?!!

#12 Cap'n

• 17 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for the tip, Irish MD.

From the United Pharmacies front page:

Waklert 50 (Armodafinil) - 50mg (10 tablets) - £4.99

Modavigil (Modafinil) - 100mg (30 tablets) - £55.19

Can that be right?!!

Ah well, ordered a couple of packets of Waklert (I'm guessing they wanted it pronounced 'wake-lert', although I see it as 'wack-lert'..)

#13 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

United pharmacies is legit. You can also get armodafinil if you live in the UK.

Is armodafinil not bad for your liver?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#14 bugme

• Guest Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Hi there!

There's this company that do extremely quick shipping of modafinil to the UK, PayPal and have decent prices compared to the other sites.

Sadly they only ship to the UK and they only deal over email, but give them a try!

Joeysmithmod@gmail.com

Thanks

Bugme
  • dislike x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users