Photo
- - - - -

Nicergoline

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 elevated

• 30 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:38 PM

Im considering switching my hydergine with nicergoline for a change. I have 3 boxes on hand of Nicergoline, and am thinking about starting it tommorow. Ive taken it a few times before with no side effects, just a tingle in the brain.

Does anyone else have any experience with taking Nicergoline, and effects?

Thanks

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:49 AM

I like Nicergoline better than hydergine, especially if stress induced adrenaline release, or any other vasoconstriction is an issue. I find that Nicergoline provides more of an acute effect than hydergine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:21 AM

Do you notice stuffy nose, headache and nausea on Nicergoline? I experienced that with Hydergine, some say it goes away after a week or so.

#4 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

No, I don't get any congestion from Nicergoline.

#5 gokugreene

• 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:18 PM

Lynx, how would you describe nicergoline's effect vs. hydergine's?

#6 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:09 PM

Ya for those of us who have not taken either (though I gather they make a great addition to piracetam) any clues as to what either add?

#7 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:28 PM

scotty-

I can personally vouch for hydergine (ergoloid mesylates), but not nicergoline.

I bought biogenesis hydergine and I usually combine it with piracetam and lucidril (centrophenoxine). It wasn't FAS, just plain of hydergine in 4.5mg tablets.

I have noticed a strong positive effect on cardiovascular endurance. There are also mental effects, but any commentary I make on those would likely be tainted by the synergistic effects of piracetam and lucidril.

#8 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

Just take half tabs of both. That's what I do.

#9 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:04 PM

I would avoid Nicergoline if you are also taking Modafinil, as the latter is an alpha1 agonist and the former an alpha1 antagonist.

Central alpha 1-adrenergic stimulation in relation to the behaviour stimulating effect of modafinil; studies with experimental animals.

Duteil J, Rambert FA, Pessonnier J, Hermant JF, Gombert R, Assous E.

Centre de Recherches du Laboratoire L. Lafon, Maisons-Alfort, France.

Single administration of the new drug modafinil was followed by an increase in locomotor activity in mice and in nocturnal activity in monkeys. Stereotyped behaviour in mice and rats, and potentiation of amphetamine-induced stereotyped behaviour were not observed; however, at the highest dose used, a slight potentiation of apomorphine-induced stereotyped behaviour was observed in rats. The modafinil-induced increase in locomotor activity in mice was prevented by the centrally acting alpha 1-adrenoceptor antagonists, prazosin and phenoxybenzamine, and by reserpine but not by the mixed dopamine D-1/D-2 antagonist, haloperidol, the dopamine D-2 antagonist, sulpiride, the peripherally acting alpha 1-adrenoceptor antagonist, phentolamine, the alpha 2-adrenoceptor antagonist, yohimbine, the beta-adrenoceptor antagonist, propranolol, or by the catecholamine synthesis inhibitor, alpha-methyl-p-tyrosine. Likewise, the modafinil-induced increase in nocturnal activity in monkeys was prevented by prazosin. Interestingly, modafinil did not produce obvious peripheral sympathetic effects in mice and rats (no salivation, no contraction of the pilomotor muscles, slight mydriasis only at high doses). Therefore, modafinil appears to produce a strong stimulating effect in rodents and in primates. These effects could be linked to modulation (stimulation) of central alpha 1-adrenoceptors unaccompanied by peripheral sympathetic effects, which is unexpected.

Alpha-adrenoceptor antagonistic and calcium antagonistic effects of nicergoline in the rat isolated aorta.

Heitz C, Descombes JJ, Miller RC, Stoclet JC.

The activity of the alpha-adrenoceptor antagonist nicergoline, a molecule composed of two constituent parts, ergoline and bromonicotinic acid, was investigated in the rat isolated aorta. Nicergoline (10 nM-0.1 microM) displaced concentration-effect curves elicited by noradrenaline and phenylephrine to the right and inhibited maximal responses elicited by both alpha-adrenoceptor agonists without significantly affecting prostaglandin F2 alpha-induced contractions. Higher concentrations of nicergoline (1 microM-50 microM) displaced to the right the concentration-effect curves elicited by calcium in a depolarizing medium. This calcium antagonist activity was not shared by either of the constituent parts. Nicergoline 100 microM abolished the 45Ca influx induced into rat aorta by 100 mM K+-containing physiological solution. The selectivity of nicergoline for alpha 1-adrenoceptors seen in binding experiments also depends on the presence of the bromonicotinic moiety of the molecule. It is concluded that nicergoline, but not its substituent parts, displays both alpha 1-adrenoceptor and calcium antagonism. The latter property may account for some of the observed effects of this compound.

#10 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:00 AM

As far as the acute effects of hydergine vs nicergoline, hydergine some times makes me edgy and gives me the ergot flu--runny nose etc. Whereas Nicergoline gives me a clean, focused, expansive feeling of peaceful energy. In order to get an acute effect, I need to take about 30mg.
  • Agree x 1

#11 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for that info, Lynx. Nicergoline is now on my list of things to try. Hydergine always gives me a stuffy nose, headache and sometimes nausea.

#12 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:20 PM

I was trying out nicergoline and hydergine. Are you only supposed to take one?

Dopamine, thanks for the advice. I would not have caught that even if I did my due diligence.

~PB

#13 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:01 PM

Personally, I find Nicergoline to be quite different from Hydergine and Bromocriptine. I don't think Hydergine and Bromo is a good idea, but Nicergoline doesn't seem to have the DA agonist effects and the ergot flu effects of the other two.

#14 elevated

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

When using Hydergine I have experienced a stuffy nose which is why ive stopped taking it for now. As for the effects of Hydergine, a general enhanced awareness, and positive effect on endurance seems pretty accurate.

The only confliction with Nicergoline as mentioned previously, is that it cant be used with Adrafanil of Modafanil.

#15 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:34 PM

That's a bummer, because I just tried modafinil after waking from 10h of sleep and it is the spice, when stacked on top of piracetam, hydergine and lucidril. (Frank Herbert's spice, that is.)

#16 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:05 PM

I have tried modafinil, and unfortunately for me it was not the spice, something for which I have been searching ever since reading the book. I am beginning to think that spice as a metaphor for petroleum is a healthier interpretation.

#17 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:25 AM

Don't get me wrong, modafinil after 4h of sleep means dry-eyes, and survival-mode wakefulness, but compared to a comparable level of coffee-induced wakefulness, I'll take it. (i.e. not the spice)

Mix it with a good night's sleep, and then eat a half-tab though...

Anyway, this agonist conflict kinda bums me out because I could use the hypotensive properties of nicergoline.

My BP situation is far from serious, but I could use something that lowers it a small amount.

#18 chelovd

• 44 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:58 AM

Getting back to hydergine... I take FAS and I get a bearable stuffy nose and nausea. However, a few days ago I took a 4.5mg pill on an empty stomach and several minutes later I drank a strong coffee (not thinking it could affect me) and got a horrible nausea and dizziness. Just a caveat: strong cafe and hydergine FAs may not be too compatible. Anybody experienced something similar?

#19 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:06 PM

nose at first was clear even at 4.5mg/day FAS hydergine then i reduced to 2.5 . my generic hydergine is realy quite cheap from local pharmacy in FRANCE u need doc script for it.
now i get stuffy nose with some blood in it i stoped hydergine sups and i realy get a boost in endurance

#20 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 02:42 AM

Getting back to hydergine... I take FAS and I get a bearable stuffy nose and nausea. However, a few days ago I took a 4.5mg pill on an empty stomach and several minutes later I drank a strong coffee (not thinking it could affect me) and got a horrible nausea and dizziness. Just a caveat: strong cafe and hydergine FAs may not be too compatible. Anybody experienced something similar?

Cut it into 4ths or 8ths and gradually build up your doseage over a series of months.

#21 elevated

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:40 PM

Question concerning the use of Nicergoline with Wellbutrin, is it doable ? in a safe way?

My concern would be increase pressure on the heart.

1 tab of Nicergoline and 150mg of Wellbutrin? Im not certain about the chemistry/synergy between the two.

#22 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:44 AM

hmm, enemy: what doses are you taking? I'm genenrally taking 2 200 mg of modafinil, but not that much else at the moment.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 chelovd

• 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:27 AM

"Cut it into 4ths or 8ths and gradually build up your doseage over a series of months. "

Thanks, Stellar... that's what I'm doing now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users